what is the difference between love & sex-?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before entering

not a topic for everyone

comes with a cautionary warning

adults only rule

No profanity, name calling, purposefully lying

No off topic posts

Adults Only

By posting here you agree to the terms of this thread

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the difference between love & sex-?

while I was a teenager, the term “sex” was not a term spoken among my circles. I grew up believing intercourse was for the procreation of children. I still believe this, only--------

At the same time, I had a few girlfriends. We held hands, kissed each other from time to time and continued a great relationship; but I never considered this “sex”.

I eventually married and now I am a grandfather several time over.

My desire to have children has long since passed; I am a grandfather several times over, but I still enjoy the company of a woman. Having said the above, I now wonder if my joy of having the company of a women; a feeling of “sex” or one of “love”; or is there a difference-?

In short is it sinful to enjoy the company of a woman knowing marriage is not an option.

Just asking

No animosity intended or implied

Just curious

:)-

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

while I was a teenager, the term “sex” was not a term spoken among my circles. I grew up believing intercourse was for the procreation of children. I still believe this, only--------

At the same time, I had a few girlfriends. We held hands, kissed each other from time to time and continued a great relationship; but I never considered this “sex”.

My desire to have children has long since passed; I am a grandfather several times over, but I still enjoy the company of a woman. Having said the above, I now wonder if my joy of having the company of a women; a feeling of “sex” or one of “love”; or is there a difference-?

In short is it sinful to enjoy the company of a woman knowing marriage is not an option.

Just asking

Just curious

If marriage is not an option...I think you would be playing with fire if you fall in love with her. Of course, you could look for a companion to go out for dinner and such...but if you become attracted to one another...hmm. Tough call...live celibate like me :)

Reactions: Dave M

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Just asking

Just curious

tooldtocare,

Are you currently a single or married man?

Oz

Dave M

Mar 28, 2020
Eastern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.

love is the condition of your heart

sex is a action of your flesh

Reactions: Nancy

Dave M

Mar 28, 2020
Eastern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

for me I purposely will not if there is the slightest bit of attraction, because I know my flesh. So I avoid it. I came to Jesus single and realize I can serve him better being single. (not that I do that even well)

Reactions: Joseph77 and Nancy

BlessedCreator

Apr 15, 2020
Oregon
www.gffg.info
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To love means to "wish well to, take pleasure in, long for;" / to reverence and have goodwill (charity) toward a person or being.

As Hebrews 13:4 tells us "Marriage is honorable in all, and the bed undefiled". Sex between a husband and wife is lawful and holy. But as with all things, it can be abused.

We know from the gospels that Jesus and His disciples made a moderate and liberal use of the foods that were common for that time. We see that God does allow comforts of the flesh to an extent, though not to lustful excess.

We also know that from 1 Corinthians 7:28 it tells us that married Christians would have "trouble in the flesh" and I think that one of those troubles would be the temptation to abuse the grace of God and to lust after sex in excess, to do it for the reason solely to please the flesh and not for the building of unity/love/relationship between partners.