Pressing into the Kingdom

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Zachariah.

Jan 22, 2024
Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Violence is a violation of somones enherent rights and holds blame. Force does not hold blame.

"Whoever is first will be last and who is last will be first." This means, if I may correct you, that the egoic self is all about self preservation and eventually comes to a place of death, as pride comes before a fall. "The first will be last" meaning those who put themselves first will be humbled.

"Last will be first" meaning those who humble themselves will be exalted.

It is exactly the same as saying: "For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted." - Matt 23:12

What is risen can only fall, and what has fallen can only rise. What is cold can only become hot, and what is hot can only become cold.

It's a natural Law that manifests on all planes of existence.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why aren't more people interested in the pressing into the kingdom? How can people miss the zeal of Paul to do that very thing? How can people miss the point of the gospel?

When we are taught that we are already rich and in need of nothing...that we already have as much as we are going to have...it takes away the desire and the need to go further with the Lord.

Ironically, the rich of this world are never satisfied with the increase of their wealth. It's not as if it was only the poor who desired greater wealth. No, the rich so often got that way by diligence in commerce or whatever it took to amass their fortune.

If the riches are truly riches.

What about spiritual riches? If we have tasted the goodness of God and He is offering us more of His riches...why does it seem we are satisfied with what we have? Are the riches that great? Or have we not yet known those riches?

Could it be that we have merely been convinced we have something that we have yet to possess?

Could it be that we are convinced that we can't afford God's riches? Where are they? Have we settled for far less than what we have access to in Christ?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If your not adopted Into Gods family, Born again, Saved, Justified etc etc.

You can try all you want to enter whatever kingdom you think you are entering,

You will fail

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If your not adopted Into Gods family, Born again, Saved, Justified etc etc.

You can try all you want to enter whatever kingdom you think you are entering,

You will fail
That's right. The error of our ways....as in..."there is a way that seems right to a man"... is to think that we can rest on just a first step in a race...that being born again into the family of God (Spiritual Israel) is all that God expects of us.

We are the SAME as the Israelites in the wilderness...just on a higher plane. They were Israelites by human birth undertaking a physical race. We are born of the Spirit undertaking a spiritual race.

We will both mostly fail our calling. Few of us will penetrate into the promises of God. They (the Israelites) are an example for us...of what NOT to do. Yet, because of the lack of diligence in obedience to the words of the Lord (and unbelief) few will enter in. So many of us will be likewise cut off just as they were. God is NOT a respecter of persons. Instead of being high-minded...thinking we are special...we should fear.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I do not think people are not interested. i think they just attempt to get their the wrong way
I think it's both. People are not interested because it seems impossible. It takes real faith. And there is a lack of knowledge and understanding of what the kingdom of God is. It must be sought for in the right way...by faith.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's right. The error of our ways....as in..."there is a way that seems right to a man"... is to think that we can rest on just a first step in a race...that being born again into the family of God (Spiritual Israel) is all that God expects of us.

We are the SAME as the Israelites in the wilderness...just on a higher plane. They were Israelites by human birth undertaking a physical race. We are born of the Spirit undertaking a spiritual race.

We will both mostly fail our calling. Few of us will penetrate into the promises of God. They (the Israelites) are an example for us...of what NOT to do. Yet, because of the lack of diligence in obedience to the words of the Lord (and unbelief) few will enter in. So many of us will be likewise cut off just as they were. God is NOT a respecter of persons. Instead of being high-minded...thinking we are special...we should fear.
The question is, Will you sin willfully, As Israel did when they were confronted with the final test. To enter the promised land. And they refused based on lack of faith, and because if it never entered their rest.

We all will come to a point we need to make a decision. Do we trust od to get us to the kingdom. Or will we revert to our true faith and belief system, that we were better off the way we were before as slaves. and hence travel the wilderness, but never come to the true experiential knowledge of the truth

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it's both. People are not interested because it seems impossible. It takes real faith.
It is impossible.. We can not put ourselves in the kingdom. We have already failed and are not qualified.

And there is a lack of knowledge and understanding of what the kingdom of God is. It must be sought for in the right way...by faith.
I agree. By faith. in the work of God. Not our own works..

Many claim to have faith. but you will see their faith is in self not God.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The question is, Will you sin willfully, As Israel did when they were confronted with the final test. To enter the promised land. And they refused based on lack of faith, and because if it never entered their rest.

Entering into what? We have the same test that the Israelites had. The gospel was also preached to them. Our gospel is about salvation FROM sin and into an intimate walk with God...Christ as our Mediator.

We are failing the same way as they were. By unbelief we think it impossible to enter into the kingdom realm of the Spirit there to walk as Jesus walked. Abiding IN Him.

We all will come to a point we need to make a decision. Do we trust od to get us to the kingdom. Or will we revert to our true faith and belief system, that we were better off the way we were before as slaves. and hence travel the wilderness, but never come to the true experiential knowledge of the truth
Exactly my point.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is impossible.. We can not put ourselves in the kingdom. We have already failed and are not qualified.

When we PLEASE God with a faith that is undivided..like a child...then God translates us into the kingdom of His dear Son. Read the bible.
I agree. By faith. in the work of God. Not our own works..

Not a historic belief...but a faith that moves mountains NOW! Enter NOW. Salvation is NOW. The KOG is NOW.
Many claim to have faith. but you will see their faith is in self not God.
God receives faith. When He does He translates us to be where He is. Otherwise it is an assumption and presumption...a religious ideology that gets in the way of faith.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Entering into what? We have the same test that the Israelites had. The gospel was also preached to them. Our gospel is about salvation FROM sin and into an intimate walk with God...Christ as our Mediator.

We are failing the same way as they were. By unbelief we think it impossible to enter into the kingdom realm of the Spirit there to walk as Jesus walked. Abiding IN Him.

Exactly my point.
entering into the promised land. Or the kingdom of God.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we PLEASE God with a faith that is undivided..like a child...then God translates us into the kingdom of His dear Son. Read the bible.
No.

This is not true

You read the Bible.. You are making the same mistake the jews made..
Not a historic belief...but a faith that moves mountains NOW! Enter NOW. Salvation is NOW. The KOG is NOW.
yes it is now. So when will you enter in?
God receives faith. When He does He translates us to be where He is. Otherwise it is an assumption and presumption...religious ideology that gets in the way of faith.
I am still on earth, God is in heaven, I will not be transported to where he is until i die.

But God will make me alive in him, right here right now. Will you believe?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
entering into the promised land. Or the kingdom of God.
Yes. The kingdom of God IS the Promised Land...to be where He is..to abide in the house of God....now and forever.

The Exodus story is an example of the Christian walk. Entering into the Promised Land? Not so much, for those who have had prior experience in life. It seems too impossible for most.

Same thing for the kingdom realm of the Spirit now. Being born from above gives us an equivalent status to being born in Israel. However, our race is not to a physical place (Israel according to the flesh)...but a spiritual place (Israel according to the Spirit).

A wonderful parallel that helps us understand the race of faith...and why so few will run the race and win the prize.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. The kingdom of God IS the Promised Land...to be where He is..to abide in the house of God....now and forever.

The Exodus story is an example of the Christian walk. Entering into the Promised Land? Not so much, for those who have had prior experience in life. It seems too impossible for most.

Same thing for the kingdom realm of the Spirit now. Being born from above gives us an equivalent status to being born in Israel. However, our race is not to a physical place (Israel according to the flesh)...but a spiritual place (Israel according to the Spirit).

A wonderful parallel that helps us understand the race of faith...and why so few will run the race and win the prize.
John said it is hear and now.. And we can be in it this very moment, The only problem is, as Jesus said. We must be born again if we want to enter into it.

Bing born again is through faith in the work of the cross.. Thats it, nothing more nothing less.

You can;t enter by earning it, or by working

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
John said it is hear and now.. And we can be in it this very moment, The only problem is, as Jesus said. We must be born again if we want to enter into it.

yes. We are born into the race of faith.
Bing born again is through faith in the work of the cross.. Thats it, nothing more nothing less.

No. The work of Christ is a done deal...we don't need to acknowledge that in order to enter into Christ. Just like we don't need to acknowledge gravity in order to fall correctly.
This is not about earning but surrendering. It costs us everything to be filled with the fullness of God. Just like a cup needs to be empty in order for it to be filled again. Just like we need to be stripped of self before we can be clothed with power. Think more deeply about this...if you can.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes. We are born into the race of faith.

No, we are born into Gods family
No. The work of Christ is a done deal...
Your right, He said it is finished (paid in full)

Unlike the old priesthood Jesus died once for all for all mankind. and sits at the right hand of the father as the true high priest and mediator
we don't need to acknowledge that in order to enter into Christ. Just like we don't need to acknowledge gravity in order to fall correctly.
Acknowledge what?

You better call out to him to be saved. You can acknowledge it all you want. It will nto save you.
This is not about earning but surrendering. It costs us everything to be filled with the fullness of God. Just like a cup needs to be empty in order for it to be filled again. Just like we need to be stripped of self before we can be clothed with power. Think more deeply about this...if you can.
Its about earning, Twist it however you want.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This was my response to what you wrote..

Eternally Grateful said:

And to prove you have no idea what you're talking about....but just saying the opposite to whatever I post....and will say anything to obscure the truth....this is how you responded

Eternally Grateful said:
Its about earning, Twist it however you want.

So it's not about earning, it's about earning??? :ummm:

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why aren't more people interested in the pressing into the kingdom? How can people miss the zeal of Paul to do that very thing? How can people miss the point of the gospel?

Years ago I had to learn the hard lesson of taking up my cross and walking with the Lord daily fleeing youthful lusts and learning to become rebellious... against the darkness and evil in this world in which we live.

Rebellion can be a good thing if we rebel in the way Jesus did which was rejecting the darkness of this world and abiding in God walking in agreement with Him and His ways of being and doing right.

I had to learn that the definition of resisting the devil is submitting my entire life unto the Lord (James 4:7) which leads to turning away from the power of the devil unto the power of the Lord (Acts 26:18)

So yes... pressing into the Kingdom of God (righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost spoken of in Romans 14:17) is what one must do to have a relationship with the Lord and go beyond just giving lip service that we are a Christian.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Years ago I had to learn the hard lesson of taking up my cross and walking with the Lord daily fleeing youthful lusts and learning to become rebellious... against the darkness and evil in this world in which we live.

Rebellion can be a good thing if we rebel in the way Jesus did which was rejecting the darkness of this world and abiding in God walking in agreement with Him and His ways of being and doing right.

I had to learn that the definition of resisting the devil is submitting my entire life unto the Lord (James 4:7) which leads to turning away from the power of the devil unto the power of the Lord (Acts 26:18)

So yes... pressing into the Kingdom of God (righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost spoken of in Romans 14:17) is what one must do to have a relationship with the Lord and go beyond just giving lip service that we are a Christian.
I wouldn't call turning away from the ways of the world rebellious. It's downright revolutionary! ;)

Reactions: faithfulness