What Is Waiting For Us At The End Of Life?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Earlier, Augustin56 wrote this nonsense: "The Church preceded the New Testament, whose canon was set by the Catholic Church in the late 4th century at the Councils of Hippo (393 A.D.) and Carthage (397 A.D.). Before that, there was no New Testament described as Scripture! The authors were, indeed, all members of the original Church founded by Christ, the Catholic Church! " and other such propaganda. He constantly claims that His denomination was the first and true church, which is of course, a lie.

Last night, God had me read Romans 11 regarding the lie that the first disciples and the first church were Catholics. In fact, they were all Jews.

Here is the relevant section from Romans 11:11-36, "So I ask, have they [the Jews] stumbled so as to fall? By no means! But through their stumbling salvation has come to the gentiles, so as to make Israel jealous. Now if their stumbling means riches for the world and if their loss means riches for gentiles, how much more will their full inclusion mean!

Now I am speaking to you gentiles. Inasmuch as I am an apostle to the gentiles, I celebrate my ministry in order to make my own people jealous and thus save some of them. For if their rejection is the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead? If the part of the dough offered as first fruits is holy, then the whole batch is holy; and if the root is holy, then the branches also are holy.

But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, a wild olive shoot, were grafted among the others to share the rich root of the olive tree, do not boast over the branches. If you do boast, remember: you do not support the root, but the root supports you. You will say, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” That is true. They were broken off on account of unbelief, but you stand on account of belief. So do not become arrogant, but be afraid. For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you. Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen but God’s kindness toward you, if you continue in his kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off. And even those of Israel, if they do not continue in unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again. For if you have been cut from what is by nature a wild olive tree and grafted, contrary to nature, into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these natural branches be grafted back into their own olive tree.

I want you to understand this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not claim to be wiser than you are: a hardening has come upon part of Israel until the full number of the gentiles has come in. And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written,

“Out of Zion will come the Deliverer;
he will banish ungodliness from Jacob.”
“And this is my covenant with them,
when I take away their sins.”

As regards the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but as regards election they are beloved for the sake of their ancestors, for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. Just as you were once disobedient to God but have now received mercy because of their disobedience, so also they have now been disobedient in order that, by the mercy shown to you, they also may now receive mercy. For God has imprisoned all in disobedience so that he may be merciful to all.

O the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways!

“For who has known the mind of the Lord?
Or who has been his counselor?”
“Or who has given a gift to him,
to receive a gift in return?”

For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever. Amen."

Clearly, Augustin's claim is patently false, and God has issued this warning to him and others who claim to be the chosen people of God. They can be cut off as dead branches if they persist in their lies!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding his chronic slander of Protestants... Just as God gave His anointing to others because of the failures of the Jewish people, He did the same thing because of the failures of the Catholic denomination. The Catholics, as with the Jews, had departed from His ways and His teachings by creating "a new form of Judaism"...

a) claiming to be superior to others
b) claiming to be the chosen people
c) creating a separate priesthood, separate from the rest of the people
d) creating rituals to atone for sins, thereby denying Jesus' sacrifice for all sins
e) worshiping idols
f) killing indigenous people "in the name of God"
g) DEPICTING JESUS AS DEAD ON THE CROSS

... and many more

Clearly, the Catholics have recreated many of the errors of the early Jews by claiming to be the true people of God. Even though Protestants (and Orthodox and other Christian denominations) worship God, accept Jesus Christ as Savior and the pioneer of our faith, have received the Holy Spirit, believe the Bible to be the true word of God, and have a personal, loving, intimate relationship with our Heavenly Father, the (false) Roman religion cannot accept those whom God has chosen.

I strongly believe that unless they repent of their arrogance and accept all those who God has chosen to be His family, THEY TOO WILL SUFFER THE SAME FATE AS THEIR SPIRITUAL FOREFATHERS: THE JEWS.

May God have mercy on their souls!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. I have put Augustin on "ignore". I don't have the stomach to read any more of his lies and accusations. I welcome comments from others who want to discuss issues truthfully.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you deny that Mary was the mother of God, then you effectively deny that Jesus is God. Mary is Jesus' mother. And Jesus is God. It's not rocket science.
I cannot find a single verse in the Bible that calls Jesus “Almighty God”....nor is he ever called “Yahweh”.
I have no belief in an incarnated God. Nor did the Jews or the first Christians have such a belief.
I do however believe that God sent his son in the role of mankind’s Redeemer....to die in our place.

As the true God is immortal and cannot die, he sent his son to fulfill the role, which he did so willingly. (John 17:3) He is called “God’s holy servant” in Acts 4:27. How can God be his own servant?

John 1:1 is the most often quoted “proof text” for supporting Jesus as “God” (capital “G”). What is missing in the translation from the Greek to English is a very small word (”ho”) that indicates when Yahweh is mentioned. There is no upper and lower case in Greek.
When other “gods” are spoken about the definite article is not used. If you check an Interlinear you can see the omission quite clearly. Only Yahweh is called “ho theos” (THE God) and he is mentioned only once in John 1:1. The Word was not “ho theos” but simply “theos” which can mean one who is authorised by Yahweh to represent him.
God himself called the judges in Israel “gods” because they were judging as his authorised representatives. (John 10:31-36) Jesus called himself “the son of (ho theos) God” .
“Theos” can mean any god or god-like one.....or divine personage....it not an exclusive term for Yahweh.

The disciples rejoiced when they saw the Lord. Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you.” And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained.

Here, we have Jesus appearing to the Apostles in the upper room. Refer to the bold printed items... "As the Father has sent me, so I send you." How did the Father send Jesus? With all heavenly authority, including the authority to forgive sins! So, Jesus is sending the Apostles with His Godly authority, including the authority to forgive sins! Then, Jesus breathes on the Apostles.
Please....it is quite plain that authorisation to forgive sins was passed from the Father to Jesus, who in turn authorised his apostles. Nowhere are we told that the apostles passed that authority on to anyone else. Like the miracles of the holy spirit, were passed on by the apostles by the laying on of hands.....yet once the apostles died, the gifts died with them. To suggest that the Catholic church took over from the apostles is nonsense.
There is not even a similarity with what “the church” became, compared to what Jesus and the apostles started.....but it was all foretold that Christianity would become corrupted just as Judaism was.....and by the same enemy of Yahweh.

A clear indication of this apostasy was the retreat from the general ministry of all Christians, as Jesus and the apostles had taught, to the exclusive priesthood and hierarchy that developed in Christendom. (Matthew 5:14-16; Romans 10:13-15; 1 Peter 3:15) Power corrupts as we all know.....God knows too.

During the first century, after Jesus’ death, his apostles, along with other spiritually qualified Christian elders in Jerusalem, served to counsel and direct the Christian congregation as a whole. None exercised superiority over the others. (Galatians 2:9) All were servants of the whole congregation....all willing volunteers who never cloistered themselves away in monasteries taking vows of silence.....Jesus commanded the opposite. (Matt 10:11-14)

As time passed the word e·piʹsko·pos (overseer, which was a position of service, not power) became converted to “bishop,” meaning a priest with jurisdiction over other members of the clergy in his diocese.
There were no clergy or priests in first century Christianity.....the priesthood promised to the elect was in the future kingdom in heaven, not on earth.....
“Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years. (Rev 20:6 NKJV)

Where did your Pope come from? Certainly not from scripture because he assumes the title of Pontifex Maximus, which was a pagan Roman title.
If “Pope” means “father” then that is diametrically opposed to what Jesus said.... “call no man your father (in a spiritual sense) on earth” (Matt 23:9).......because there is only one “Father”....the God and Father of Jesus and his disciples. No man can rightly be called “holy father”....because that puts him in God’s place.....not even Jesus did that.

The teachings of your church are all borrowed from pagan ideas that were incorporated by a pagan Roman Emperor whose agenda was not to spread Christianity in his empire, but to consolidate his religiously divided subjects, which he skilfully did by fusing the two religious systems. All the festivals and beliefs held in Christendom were likewise borrowed from paganism.....including immortality of the soul and hellfire. These beliefs engendered fear, not love.....not to mention the infamous Inquisition. Pure wickedness and abuse of power.

You cannot “Christianise” paganism....you just “paganise” the Christianity, which then makes it corrupt and unacceptable to Yahweh. (2 Cor 6:14-18)

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Rosary is a prayer of the Gospel.
What is "the gospel" to a Catholic? Please explain.....
Every bit of it comes from the Scriptures. It was and is an excellent tool to pray the Gospel in our daily lives.
Let me ask you something....
If your children were capable of expressing themselves coherently and yet whenever they spoke to you they just repeated the same sentences over and over and over, ad nauseam......what would be your response? I know what mine would be....:Ohpleze:

What did Jesus say....just befor giving the model prayer?
"And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words." (Matthew 6:7)
How many times must a person repeat the same things in meaningless repetition? Do you believe God accepts that kind of prayer?
Is that the kind of prayer that Jesus used, or did he pour out his heart to his God in his own words....even when he prayed about the same subject more than once?
The "Our Father" is a model for our own prayers highlighting the most important things about God first, and our own needs second.
Jesus said "pray this WAY".....NOT "pray this prayer" a multitude of time.
But someone could memorize and meditate upon the important parts of the Gospels, yes? The Mysteries of the Rosary are all taken from Scripture. The Annunciation (where the angel appears to Mary in the Gospel of Luke), the Visitation (where Mary visits her cousin, Elizabeth to bring her the "Good News" of Jesus' coming), etc. The prayers are all in there. The Our Father (Lord, teach us to pray...). The Hail Mary (the angel appearing to Mary, "Hail, full of grace...) (Luke 1:28)

What do you have against someone praying the Gospel?
Is this what is important to Catholics? Mary, Mary, Mary....? Where is the Father and the son? Mary is barely mentioned in the gospels.
Yes, she was the mother of Jesus....but someone had to be. God chose the best mother he could find in Israel. That doesn't make her more special than being the best mother to her other children. Big families were a Jewish tradition and it was encouraged in God's word. (Psalm 127:4-5)
Assuming Mary to be a married woman who stayed ever virgin is not what is written in the Bible, despite what Catholics want to believe to fit in with their adoration of Mary.
In order to support the idea that Mary remained a virgin all her life, some have applied different meanings to the term “brothers.” For example, some feel that Jesus’ brothers were actually sons of Joseph by an earlier marriage. However, the Bible shows that Jesus inherited the legal right to the kingship promised to David. (2 Samuel 7:12-13; Luke 1:32) If Joseph had been father to sons older than Jesus, the eldest of these would have been Joseph’s legal heir.

Could the expression refer to Jesus’ disciples, or spiritual brothers? This idea conflicts with the Scriptures, since the Bible says that at one point “his brothers were, in fact, not exercising faith in him.” (John 7:5) The Bible distinguishes Jesus’ brothers from his disciples (John 2:12)

According to another theory, Jesus’ brothers were actually his cousins. Yet, the Greek Scriptures use distinct words for “brother,” “relative,” and “cousin.” (Luke 21:16; Col 4:10) Many Bible scholars acknowledge that Jesus’ brothers and sisters were his actual siblings.
The Expositor’s Bible Commentary states: “The most natural way to understand ‘brothers’ . . . is that the term refers to sons of Mary and Joseph and thus to brothers of Jesus on his mother’s side.”
And the Hindu's, Buddhist's, and Muslims do not pray the Rosary. They pray beads, but I can guarantee you they're not meditating on the Gospel.
For all that God hears mindless repetition, anyone saying the same thing over and over, may as well be singing the praises of the devil.

• Love
Reactions: Jim B

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
People who oppose religious statuary forget about the many passages where the Lord commands the making of statues. For example: “And you shall make two cherubim of gold [i.e., two gold statues of angels]; of hammered work shall you make them, on the two ends of the mercy seat. Make one cherub on the one end, and one cherub on the other end; of one piece of the mercy seat shall you make the cherubim on its two ends. The cherubim shall spread out their wings above, overshadowing the mercy seat with their wings, their faces one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubim be” (Ex. 25:18–20).
You seem to forget that it was God who commanded those as a necessary part of the ark of the covenant, it was not for adoration or for worship.
You also seem to ignore the fact that no one saw the cherubs, except the artizans whom God used to create them...and only the High Priest, once a year.
In the Tabernacle God said to Moses...
"I will present myself to you there and speak with you from above the cover. From between the two cherubs that are on the ark of the Testimony, I will make known to you all that I will command you for the Israelites."
No Israelite was to ever see the Ark of the Covenant except God's representative.
David gave Solomon the plan “for the altar of incense made of refined gold, and its weight; also his plan for the golden chariot of the cherubim that spread their wings and covered the ark of the covenant of the Lord. All this he made clear by the writing of the hand of the Lord concerning it all” (1 Chr. 28:18–19). David’s plan for the temple included statues of angels.
Again, when we read of the care taken to cover the ark whenever Israel broke camp and the Tabernacle was dismantled, the ark with the cherubs was to be covered....
"But do this for them that they may remain alive and not die because of approaching the most holy things. Aaron and his sons will go in and assign each of them to his service and what he is to carry. 20 They must not come in and see the holy things even for an instant, or they will die. (Numbers 6:19-20)
God was very careful not to cause Israel to fall into idolatry.

But later God did reveal himself under visible forms, such as in Daniel 7:9: “As I looked, thrones were placed and one that was Ancient of Days took his seat; his raiment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like pure wool; his throne was fiery flames, its wheels were burning fire.” Protestants make depictions of the Father under this form when they do illustrations of Old Testament prophecies.

The Holy Spirit revealed himself under at least two visible forms—that of a dove, at the baptism of Jesus (Matt. 3:16; Mark 1:10; Luke 3:22; John 1:32), and as tongues of fire, on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2:1–4). Protestants use these images when drawing or painting these biblical episodes and when they wear Holy Spirit lapel pins or place dove emblems on their cars.
Using images for illustrative purposes is not using them in worship. Just as seeing a plan of something is not seeing the finished product.
But more important, in the incarnation of Christ his Son, God showed mankind an icon of himself. Paul said, “He is the image (Greek: ikon) of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.” Christ is the tangible, divine “icon” of the unseen, infinite God.
An icon? What is brought to mind when one mentions "icons" connected to worship? Always Catholic....you see those halos? They are from sun worship. There is no mention of halos in scripture.

1683522972300.png

It always amazes me how religious images of Jesus and angels are feminized or infanticized in their portrayal.

1683523045397.png 1683523203912.png1683523301269.png
Jesus looks like a woman with a beard, (I am tempted to ask about pronouns). Angels never appeared as women, and who said cherubs were babies with wings?
Why are these powerful beings portrayed as weak and powerless? Who could be behind such false impressions? I can hazard a guess....
We read that when the magi were “going into the house they saw the child with Mary his mother, and they fell down and worshipped him. Then, opening their treasures, they offered him gifts, gold, frankincense, and myrrh” (Matt. 2:11). Though God did not reveal a form for himself on Mount Horeb, he did reveal one in the house in Bethlehem.
No sorry, the magi did not "worship" Jesus at all. Read the account (Matt ch 2) and see that the magi came to honor a new king, not to worship another god. They did obeisance to him out of respect for royalty. They were Babylonian astrologers who worshipped a multitude of gods. They followed "his star" right to Jerusalem, to the attention of a jealous king who attempted to murder the young child Jesus who was at that time living in a house, not at the stable as they are often portrayed.
The magi were not sent by God, but were dupes used by satan to have Jesus killed. He has all of Christendom honoring dupes of the devil with a renamed pagan celebration.

Common sense tells us that, since God has revealed himself in various images, most especially in the incarnate Jesus Christ, it’s not wrong for us to use images of these forms to deepen our knowledge and love of God. That’s why God revealed himself in these visible forms, and that’s why statues and pictures are made of them.
How can revering an image of someone you have never seen, bring honor to them? How do any of us even know what Jesus or Mary looked like? There are no physical descriptions of them mentioned in the Bible.
If I showed you a photo of my pen pal in Scotland whom I have never met, and said that this was my mother....would me telling you that, make her my mother?

The first Christians avoided images of any kind, just as the Israelites were commanded to do.

I had a Catholic lady show me a picture of Mary in the clouds once.....it never occurred to her that it was a photo-shopped picture of a statue of Mary in the clouds....when I asked her why Mary didn't come in person, she went silent. Brainwashed much?

Last edited:
  • Love

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
An eternity to enjoy God and His people awaits all Christians who are born again!
And those who are not, "born again" can gain everlasting life in paradise as well....God's "people" are not all going to heaven. Only the elect have that privilege and they are going to heaven for a very good reason.....they have been chosen to rule as Kings and Priests in God's Kingdom. (Rev 20:6)
He never intended for humans to go to heaven because God created angels to inhabit the spirit realm where he dwells. He created the earth for living beings, including humans, who were to be the caretakers of all that God had made.
They were assigned the task of making the whole world like the garden of Eden. :shine:

The bulk of the human race will live on earth where God intended them to live at the beginning, in a wonderful paradise, with every need satisfied and no wicked people to dread.
Rev 21:2-5 tells us how it will be....
"And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them, 4 and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.
And He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” And He said, “Write, for these words are faithful and true.””

Jesus will "make all things new".....how good will that be? joy:
:dusted:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The one thing that you apparently fail to consider is that the “weeds” of counterfeit “Christianity” that Jesus spoke about, were sown very early in Christian history. (Matt 13:24-30, 36-42)
The foretold “apostasy” took over when the last of the apostles had passed away...
2 Thess 2:1-7....
"Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters, 2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us . . . . .Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion [apostasy] occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. . . . . Don’t you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? 6 And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. 7 For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way."

The restraining presence of the apostles, once removed, allowed men to creep in and corrupt what Christ taught, just as Jesus and the apostles warned that they would. (Acts 20:29-30; 2 Tim 4:3-4)

* Nowhere will we find “Mary the mother of God” anywhere in scripture. The eternal God cannot have a mother.
But looking into pagan concepts we find mother goddess worship with titles of these false goddesses transferred over to Mary.
The Roman Catholic Church, in order to revive the ancient form of worship of "the queen of heaven", as was practiced in the pagan nations of ancient Babylon, Egypt and Rome; and also in the unfaithful ancient nation of Israel. (Jer 44:19)
We will not find them in the Bible at all.

* The immaculate conception is another lie.....Mary and Joseph offered the required "sin offering" for his mother after Jesus' birth.

Under the Mosaic Law, a woman who had given birth was to offer a young ram as a burnt offering and a young pigeon or a turtledove as a sin offering. If the family could not afford a ram, as was evidently the case with Mary and Joseph, then two turtledoves or two young pigeons were acceptable. (Lev 12:6-8; Luke 2:22-24)

* Idolatry involves the “making” of "images of any sort" to be used in worship. (Ex 20:4) This is not just the bowing down before an image.
We are not to even "make" them.

What is this then?

View attachment 32305 View attachment 32308 View attachment 32307

The Israelites held a festival to Yahweh but used a golden calf to represent him.....
View attachment 32309
What was God's response? He had the offenders put to death.

*There is no “cross” mentioned in the Bible. A “stauros” is not a cross, but it is still an image and used in worship.
It is mainly Catholicism that has the macabre representation of the dead Jesus on it.
Strange that Jesus is mostly represented as either a helpless infant, or a dead man in the RCC.
The Bible portrays him as a mighty King.

View attachment 32310 View attachment 32311

* There is no purgatory mentioned in the Bible....and no hellfire.

View attachment 32312
What kind of God would do this to any living thing?

*There are no rosary beads or repetitious prayers mentioned by Jesus. Even the oft recited "Our Father" was never given as something to be mindlessly and endlessly recited as penance. Jesus said to "pray this way"....he did NOT say, "pray this prayer."

My research reveals that different forms of the Rosary are prayed in Roman Catholicism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism, the Bahá’í Faith, and Islam. Hinduism also practices celibacy of the clergy, separation from the world, worship of saints, fasting, processions, litanies, and use of holy water. Coincidence?
In each of these religions, the Rosary is made of beads on a string or knotted cord. Islam uses 99 beads and the Hindus and Buddhists use ones with 100 as well as 66 beads. Prayers are repeated as the beads are counted.

"And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words.
8 “Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him."

(Matthew 6:7-8)

The Rosary was not used by Jesus, by His apostles, or by the early church fathers. The Roman Catholic Church started using the Rosary around A.D. 1350. So from whom were these pagan practices copied? NOT from Jesus...and NOT the apostles.

* No sinful man has the power to grant absolution.
When did the modern practice of Catholic confession begin? According to the older monastic practice, monks confessed their sins to one another to get spiritual help in order to overcome their weaknesses. In newer auricular confession, however, the church claimed for the priest the much greater “power or authority to forgive sins.” (New Catholic Encyclopedia)
So "the church" claimed that authority with no sanction from Jesus Christ or his God and Father.

Sorry, but there is no doctrine in the Catholic church that was ever taught by Jesus or his apostles.
You sound like a very confused person who has been spoon-fed a LOT of anti-Catholic drivel for some time.

For starters – the reason you are so offended by the Crucifix is because it is a stumbling block to you.

1 Cor. 1:23-25
For Jews demand signs and Greeks seek wisdom, BUT WE PREACH CHRIST CRUCIFIED, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. For the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

Without the Crucifixion, there is NO Resurrection OR Salvation.
Too bad YOU don't understand that . . .

Secondly - If you don’t believe Mary is the Mother of God – then you don’t believe that Jesus Christ is God.
It is as simple as that.

Jesus IS God.
He always WAS God.
He always WILL BE God.

This has nothing to do with “Queen worship” or Goddess worship. It’s just a fact.

NOBODY ever said that Mary is the Mother of the Trinity.

As for the Rosary – it’s a devotional prayerNOPY a requirement.
Jesus and the Apostles didn’t own Rosaries – but neither did they own BIBLES.

As for “Repetitious prayers” – they are BIBLICAL, so don’t fool yourself.
- In Matt. 26:44, Jesus Himself prayed the exact same prayer THREE times in the Garden of Gethsemane after the Last Supper.

- In the Parable of the Determined Widow in Luke 18:7, Jesus emphatically states that God hears those who keep petitioning him in sincere faith: “Will not God then secure the rights of his chosen ones who call out to him day and night? Will he be slow to answer them? I tell you, he will see to it that justice is done for them speedily.”

- In Luke 18:13, the tax collector kept on beating his breast and praying, “God be merciful to me, a sinner.” This was pleasing to God.

- We see in Rev. 4:8 that the angels pray the exact same prayer day and night without ceasing in the presence of almighty God, “Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty.”

- Psalm 136
goes on for 26 verses in a row, repeating the exact same prayer, “God's love endures forever”.

- Similarly, in Dan. 3:56-88 we read the exact same prayer for 32 verses, which is “bless the Lord; praise and exalt him above all forever.” This is far more repetitious than a decade of the Rosary.

Finally – as to graven images – the Commandment was against the WORSHIP of them as gods. That’s what an “idol” is.

The Commandment was NOT against the MAKING of them. If that were the case – then God Himself violated this Commandment when He commanded Moses to place 2 Golden cherubim to place atop the Ark.

He also commanded Moses to create a Bronze Serpent and place it on a pole so that those who gazed upon it would be healed.

Those pictures in your wallet and on your mantle at home would ALSO be a violation . . .

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You sound like a very confused person who has been spoon-fed a LOT of anti-Catholic drivel for some time.
If I may say so....you yourself have swallowed a lot of Catholic drivel.....to suggest that Catholic doctrine, introduced long after the death of Jesus and the apostles, is the same "Christianity" as they taught, is very far from the truth.

If Catholicism had stayed true to Christ's teachings instead of borrowing so many beliefs from paganism, you might have a leg to stand on...but justifying Catholic doctrine has become an artform for those who have no idea what Christ taught....and trust that the "apostasy" that Jesus and his apostles foretold never happened. Paul said that it "was already at work" in the first century, (2 Thess 2:7) but the presence of the apostles restrained it until the last apostle, (John) penned his contribution to what would become Christian scripture.
For starters – the reason you are so offended by the Crucifix is because it is a stumbling block to you.
Its not the crucifixion that I find offensive, but the portrayal of a dead Jesus on the instrument of his torture.
If Christ had been hanged instead of nailed to a stauros, would the churches of Christendom have images of a gallows with the Catholic version featuring the body of Jesus swinging from the rope.....the whole idea is macabre.
1 Cor. 1:23-25
For Jews demand signs and Greeks seek wisdom, BUT WE PREACH CHRIST CRUCIFIED, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. For the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

Without the Crucifixion, there is NO Resurrection OR Salvation.
Too bad YOU don't understand that . . .
It isn't the instrument of his death that is to be revered, but the death itself, (regardless of the method) that Jesus asked us to remember.
His sacrificial death saved the redeemed ones of mankind.....the instrument used to kill him has no significance, unless you are participating in idolatry.
Secondly - If you don’t believe Mary is the Mother of God – then you don’t believe that Jesus Christ is God.
It is as simple as that.
Yes...it is as simple as that. There is not a single statement from either the Father or the Son that they are equally "God". That idea is creatively woven into ambiguous verses that can be mistranslated into English. There are many.

I believe that Jesus is what he called himself...."the son of God"....nowhere will I find him referred to as "God the Son". Nowhere in scripture is the holy spirit called "God" either.
This has nothing to do with “Queen worship” or Goddess worship. It’s just a fact.
Every title that Mary has is a title borrowed from pagan mother goddess worship. You can deny it, but "Our Lady" and "Queen of Heaven" are never mentioned in the Bible as referring to Mary. The pagans knew these titles well and who they applied to.
As for the Rosary – it’s a devotional prayerNOPY a requirement.
Jesus and the Apostles didn’t own Rosaries – but neither did they own BIBLES.
Sorry, but they taught from the Hebrew scriptures which were written in scrolls. It wasn't called a Bible until all the books in this little "library" were included. God then made sure that his complete word was made available, even if it was to show up the corruption in what came to be accepted as the "Christian" Faith. It took a very brave Catholic priest to expose the rot that had taken over the "church"....he changed the course of religious history, disempowering the very power hungry and disobedient religious leaders, as Jesus had done with the Pharisees. The church responded with the Inquisition.....pure evil.
As for “Repetitious prayers” – they are BIBLICAL, so don’t fool yourself.
- In Matt. 26:44, Jesus Himself prayed the exact same prayer THREE times in the Garden of Gethsemane after the Last Supper.
Wow...three times....He was about to be arrested and to die a terrible death.....why wouldn't he keep praying about it. These were his own words, from his heart....not something out of a book or the words any man taught him to repeat.
- In the Parable of the Determined Widow in Luke 18:7, Jesus emphatically states that God hears those who keep petitioning him in sincere faith: “Will not God then secure the rights of his chosen ones who call out to him day and night? Will he be slow to answer them? I tell you, he will see to it that justice is done for them speedily.”
The widow wanted justice, because she was in litigation with her adversary at law......she wasn't just annoying the judge for the sake of it.
She didn't stand there reciting the same thing over and over mindlessly because someone told her to.
- In Luke 18:13, the tax collector kept on beating his breast and praying, “God be merciful to me, a sinner.” This was pleasing to God.
Acknowledging ones sinful state is acceptable to God, who alone has the power to forgive sins....he empowered Jesus, who in turn empowered the apostles to do likewise....no one else was given that right.
We see in Rev. 4:8 that the angels pray the exact same prayer day and night without ceasing in the presence of almighty God, “Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty.”
Angels are not sinful humans....and the Revelation is highly symbolic in what it says about many things.
Similarly, in Dan. 3:56-88 we read the exact same prayer for 32 verses, which is “bless the Lord; praise and exalt him above all forever.” This is far more repetitious than a decade of the Rosary.
Dan 3:56-88 does not exist in my Bible...does it exist in yours?
Finally – as to graven images – the Commandment was against the WORSHIP of them as gods. That’s what an “idol” is.
No, the command was not to MAKE any images of anything to be used in worship.
Look at the images where the Pope is clearly engaged in idolatry.
1683695955790.png This is your Pope bowing before an image of Mary. Where are they?
Look what he is wearing....would Jesus dress like that?
Why did Judas have to identify him with a kiss if he was regaled like that?

What is the mitre hat that the clergy wear? Where did this originate?
1683698463967.png 1683699019413.png
Did Jesus wear a hat shaped like a fish?
Would God tolerate images in his temple and encourage people to line up to kiss them?

Why is Jesus portrayed as an infant? Would you ever find Jesus kissing an image? Be honest....how is this not idolatry?
1683696530816.png 1683696588214.png 1683696166237.png
The Commandment was NOT against the MAKING of them. If that were the case – then God Himself violated this Commandment when He commanded Moses to place 2 Golden cherubim to place atop the Ark.
I think you missed the point in trying to justify what God forbids....
God commanded the making of the cherubs that were to sit atop the ark of the covenant. He said that he would speak to Moses there....no one else ever got to see the finished article, except the High Priest. The artisans God used to make the various parts of the ark got their instructions and skills directly from God.
Nowhere did God ever tell the Israelites to make images to use in their worship. Christ never told his disciples to do that, either.
He also commanded Moses to create a Bronze Serpent and place it on a pole so that those who gazed upon it would be healed.
And when Israel fell to idolatry, God had that bronze serpent idol destroyed.
Those pictures in your wallet and on your mantle at home would ALSO be a violation . .
That is hog wash, and you know it.

• Love

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I may say so....you yourself have swallowed a lot of Catholic drivel.....to suggest that Catholic doctrine, introduced long after the death of Jesus and the apostles, is the same "Christianity" as they taught, is very far from the truth.

If Catholicism had stayed true to Christ's teachings instead of borrowing so many beliefs "apostasy" that Jesus and his apostles foretold never happened. Paul said that it "was already at work" in the first century, (2 Thess 2:7) but the presence of the apostles restrained it until the last apostle, (John) penned his contribution to what would become Christian scripture.
And IF the Church fell, as YOU claim - then Jesus LIED when He guaranteed that it wouldn't (Matt. 16:18).

Maybe YOU'RE willing to believe that - but I do NOT.

Its not the crucifixion that I find offensive, but the portrayal of a dead Jesus on the instrument of his torture.
If Christ had been hanged instead of nailed to a stauros, would the churches of Christendom have images of a gallows with the Catholic version featuring the body of Jesus swinging from the rope.....the whole idea is macabre.
Nobody is revering the INSTRUMENT of His death – but His DEATH itself.

The fact that His death offends you so speaks VOLUMES about your lack of understanding of both the Christian faith and Christ Himself.

And YES, if He had been hanged instead of crucified – we would have Him on a noose in our Churches. Depictions of Jesus hanging on the cross go back to the early Second Century.

Like Paul, we Catholics preach his DEATH as well as His Resurrection.

Yes...it is as simple as that. There is not a single statement from either the Father or the Son that they are equally "God". That idea is creatively woven into ambiguous verses that can be mistranslated into English. There are many.

I believe that Jesus is what he called himself...."the son of God"....nowhere will I find him referred to as "God the Son". Nowhere in scripture is the holy spirit called "God" either.
Ahh – so you are in heresy and reject the deity of Jesus Christ.

Got it.

The Bible disagrees with you . . .

(Isaiah 7:14, Isaiah 9:6, Matt. 4:7, John 1:1, John 1:3, John 8:58, John 10:30, John 15:9, John 20:28, Acts 5:3-4, 2 Cor. 4:4, Phil. 2:6, Col. 2:9, 1 Tim. 3:16, Heb. 1:8, Titus 2:13)
Every title that Mary has is a title borrowed from pagan mother goddess worship. You can deny it, but "Our Lady" and "Queen of Heaven" are never mentioned in the Bible as referring to Mary. The pagans knew these titles well and who they applied to.

Sorry, but they taught from the Hebrew scriptures which were written in scrolls. It wasn't cst to expose the rot that had taken over the "church"....he changed the course of religious history, disempowering the very power hungry and disobedient religious leaders, as Jesus had done with the Pharisees. The church responded with the Inquisition.....pure evil.
HUH?? Catholic priest??

Do you even KNOW the history of the Canon of Scripture?
Apparently, you don’t – so allow me to educate you with the historical FACTS.

The Church was without a, official New Testament Canon for the first 300 YEARS of the Church’s existence. Did you know that??

There were MANY books that were considered to be “Scripture” and were read aloud from pulpits during this time. Books like, the Gospel of Peter, Shepherd of Hermas, Protoevangelium of James, Epistles of Barnabas, etc. Did you know that??

The Synod of Rome (382) is where the canon was first formally identified – ALL 73 (not 66) Books.
- 11 years after that, it was confirmed at the Synod of Hippo (393).
- 4 years later, at the Council (or Synod) of Carthage (397), it was yet again confirmed. The bishops wrote at the end of their document, "But let Church beyond sea (Rome) be consulted about confirming this canon". There were 44 bishops, including St. Augustine who signed the document.
- 7 years later, in 405, in a letter from Pope Innocent I to Exsuperius, Bishop of Toulouse, he reiterated the canon.
- 14 years after that, at the 2nd Council (Synod) of Carthage (419) the canon was again formally confirmed.

The Canon of Scripture was officially closed at the Council of Trent in the 16th century because of the perversions happening within Protestantism and the random editing and deleting of books from the Canon.

Wow...three times....He was about to be arrested and to die a terrible death.....why wouldn't he keep praying about it. These were his own words, from his heart....not something out of a book or the words any man taught him to repeat.

The widow wanted justice, because she was in litigation with her adversary at law......she wasn't just annoying the judge for the sake of it.
She didn't stand there reciting the same thing over and over mindlessly because someone told her to.

Acknowledging ones sinful state is acceptable to God, who alone has the power to forgive sins....he empowered Jesus, who in turn empowered the apostles to do likewise....no one else was given that right.

Angels are not sinful humans....and the Revelation is highly symbolic in what it says about many things.
Soooo, when the Bible doesn't agree with you - you make excuses.

EVERY ONE of these passages is an example of REPRETITIOUS prayer - whether YOU like it or not.

COREECT. It doesn’t appear in your Protestant Bibles.

Ever wonder WHY your Protestant Fathers chose to delete 7 Books and portions of Daniel and Esther from
the Old Testament??

Would God tolerate images in his temple and encourage people to line up to kiss them?

Why is Jesus portrayed as an infant? Would you ever find Jesus kissing an image? Be honest....how is this not idolatry?
Idolatry??
NO.
Ignorance and dishonesty on YOUR part??
YES.

In your abject ignorance, you have NEVER seen a “Fish” symbol on a bumper stocker that signifies Christianity?? This ancient Christian symbol is called an “ICTHYS”. It originated during the original Christian persecutions as a code for those who were followers of Jesus. The letters IXOYE (Iησοῦς Χρῑστός Θεοῦ Υἱός Σωτήρ) translate as 'Jesus Christ, God's Son, Savior'.

THAT’S
where the Pope’s miter comes from.

God commanded the making of the cherubs that were to sit atop the ark of the covenant.
Nowhere did God ever tell the Israelites to make images to use in their worship. Christ never told his disciples to do that, either.

ABSOLUTELTY – but the creation of the Bronze Serpent was NOT aa violation of the Commandment.

NEITHER was the creation of the giant statues that adorned Solomon’s Temple (1 Kings 6:29). This was PLEASING to God, who blessed it with His burning presence (2 Chron. 7:7).

HOW so??

Exodus 20:4 explicitly states: “ANYTHING in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.

That includes the pictures in your wallwt abd ob your mantle if you think the commandment was aboiut the CREATION of imagery - and not the WORSHIP of it.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If Catholicism had stayed true to Christ's teachings instead of borrowing so many beliefs from paganism, you might have a leg to stand on...but justifying Catholic doctrine has become an artform for those who have no idea what Christ taught....and trust that the "apostasy" that Jesus and his apostles foretold never happened. Paul said that it "was already at work" in the first century, (2 Thess 2:7) but the presence of the apostles restrained it until the last apostle, (John) penned his contribution to what would become Christian scripture.

It isn't the instrument of his death that is to be revered, but the death itself, (regardless of the method) that Jesus asked us to remember.
His sacrificial death saved the redeemed ones of mankind.....the instrument used to kill him has no significance, unless you are participating in idolatry.

Sorry, but they taught from the Hebrew scriptures which were written in scrolls. It wasn't called a Bible until all the books in this little "library" were included. God then made sure that his complete word was made available, even if it was to show up the corruption in what came to be accepted as the "Christian" Faith. It took a very brave Catholic priest to expose the rot that had taken over the "church"....he changed the course of religious history, disempowering the very power hungry and disobedient religious leaders, as Jesus had done with the Pharisees. The church responded with the Inquisition.....pure evil.

View attachment 32412 This is your Pope bowing before an image of Mary. Where are they?
Look what he is wearing....would Jesus dress like that?

View attachment 32417 View attachment 32418

View attachment 32415 View attachment 32416 View attachment 32414

God commanded the making of the cherubs that were to sit atop the ark of the covenant. He said that he would speak to Moses there....no one else ever got to see the finished article, except the High Priest. The artisans God used to make the various parts of the ark got their instructions and skills directly from God.

GREAT POST!!! THANKS!!!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I cannot find a single verse in the Bible that calls Jesus “Almighty God”....nor is he ever called “Yahweh”.
I have no belief in an incarnated God. Nor did the Jews or the first Christians have such a belief.
I do however believe that God sent his son in the role of mankind’s Redeemer....to die in our place.
Jesus is the Alpha and Omega, the Lord God Almighty !

These passages in Revelation make it clear that Jesus is God. Remember it is Jesus in the NT who is Coming back to earth that every eye will see. It was Jesus who was pierced on the cross for our sins. John is clearly once again calling Jesus God!!!!!!! The Coming and the coming in the clouds never refers to the Father in the NT but always to Jesus.

Revelation 1:7-8
7 BEHOLD, HE IS COMING WITH THE CLOUDS, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen.
8 "I Am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

We know from Revelation 1:8 that Alpha and Omega is the Almighty. So we can see that Christ is the Almighty

Revelation 1:17And when I saw Him, I fell at his feet as dead. And He laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I Am the first and the last:

We know from Revelation 1:17-18 that the first and the last is He that lives, was dead but is alive forevermore is Christ.

Revelation 2:8
"To the angel of the church in Smyrna write: These are the words of him who is the First and the Last, who died and came to life again.

Revelation 22:12-13
12 "Behold, I Am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done. 13 "I Am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."

We know from Revelation 22:13 that the first and the last is the Alpha and Omega.

Revelation 22:16,20

16 "I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star."

20 He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I Am coming quickly." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

The immediate text clearly tells us that it was Jesus who was pierced and who is Coming in the clouds. This person coming in the clouds is God(Jesus-the Son of Man),

Daniel 7:13-14

And behold, with the clouds of heaven
One like a Son of Man was coming,
And He came up to the Ancient of Days
And was presented before Him.
14 "And to Him was given dominion,
Glory and a kingdom,
That all the peoples, nations and men of every language
Might serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion
Which will not pass away;
And His kingdom is one
Which will not be destroyed.

Matthew 24:30-31
30 "And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF THE SKY with power and great glory.

Matthew 26:64
Jesus said to him, "You have said it yourself; nevertheless I tell you, hereafter you will see THE SON OF MAN SITTING AT THE RIGHT HAND OF POWER, and COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF HEAVEN."

1 Thessalonians 4:17-18

Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

Revelation 1:7-8
7 BEHOLD, HE IS COMING WITH THE CLOUDS, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen.
8 "I Am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

So we can see that the One who comes/is coming in the NT always refers to Jesus the Son of Man and NEVER refers to the Father. Therefore we can conclude it is Jesus who is coming whom John calls God the Alpha and Omega. This is sound biblical exegesis based on the context of the passage as well as the principle established in both Testaments on the One who is Coming in/with the Clouds- The Son of Man not the Father !!!!!!

Isaiah 44:6

Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel
And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
'I am the first and I am the last,

And there is no God besides Me.

Isaiah 48:12
"Listen to Me, O Jacob, even Israel whom I called;

I am He, I am the first, I am also the last.

hope this helps !!!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@BreadOfLife we can all justify what we want to believe......but we only justify it to ourselves...if we are in error, we cannot justify anything to the one 'who judges everything in righteousness'.....no excuses for accepting what God condemns will be accepted by him.

Matthew 7:21-23....
Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my heavenly Father. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name? Did we not drive out demons in your name? Did we not perform many miracles in your name?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Depart from me, you evildoers!’" (New Catholic Bible)

If we are found carrying out our own will instead of the will of the one our judge calls "my heavenly Father", then he will reject us as his disciples. Jesus says "I never knew you" which means that he has NEVER recognized these ones as his own....not from day dot.

We are left to evaluate all things in our own hearts, so if we have swallowed a delusion that suits what we want to accept as truth, God will let us carry on with that because it shows that we love the lies instead of the truth.

2 Thess 2:1-12....Paul wrote.....
"As to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we beg you, brethren do not become too easily thrown into confusion or alarmed, either by something spiritual or by a statement or by a letter claiming to come from us. . . .That Day cannot come before the final rebellion occurs and the lawless one is revealed, the son of destruction. 4 He is the adversary who sets himself in opposition to, and exalts himself above, every so-called god or object of worship, and who even seats himself in the temple of God, declaring himself to be God. . . . And you also know what is now restraining him, so that he may not be revealed before his time comes. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work, but the one who restrains it will continue to do so until he is removed. . . .Then the lawless one will be revealed. . . .His coming will be the work of Satan made manifest in all power and signs and wonders of falsehood, 10 and in every wicked deception designed for those who are perishing because they refused to accept the love of the truth and thereby gain salvation.
11 For this reason, God imposes on them a powerful delusion. They believe what is false, 12 so that all who have not believed the truth but instead have taken pleasure in wickedness will be condemned." (NCB)

An apostasy was foretold and it was "already at work" whilst the apostles were still alive. Once their restraining influence was gone, the "church" was transformed into something Christ would not recognize....."weeds" planted by the devil would take people away from God by inventing a different God to the one worshipped by the son and faithful angels long before man came on the scene.
A once faithful angel caused all this by doing his will instead of continuing to be obedient to his God. He tempted the humans to do his will by lying to them...and he has been using other humans to perpetuate his lies ever since.

By our choices we show Jehovah who we accept as our God....Him, or the 'pretender' who is the master of deception and disguise.
Whatever worship rendered by man, that is in any way corrupted, goes to the devil by default because it is rejected by the true God.

The devil knows that he will never win, but he takes great delight in taking as many down with him as he can. We have to be determined not to be one of them.....its our choice.

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Christophany not one of those verses is a personal statement from either Jehovah or his son that they are equally God or even that they share any kind of equality.
If there are no direct statements, but only ambiguous verses where suggestion is used to facilitate translation, a good concordance and an Interlinear will go a long way to determine the true meaning of all of those statements. No one scripture alone determines a doctrine..."All scripture is inspired by God" so there can be no contradictions.....every one of those verses has contradictions in other verses. God's word is never wrong, but man's interpretation can be....which is why we need to know what the entirety of scripture teaches regarding the relationship of Father to son..... Why call themselves by these familiar designations if this is not their relationship? How is Jesus the "only begotten son of God", when the Bible mentions many other "sons of God"?

The Father is the God of Jesus even in heaven as he stated in Rev 3:12.....which was written long after his ascension.
“Anyone who is victorious I will make into a pillar in the temple of my God, and never again will he depart from it. I will inscribe on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God, as well as my own new name."
How is God his own God? Does he worship himself?
Does God give himself new names? The Bible gives the Father one name, which is the highest name there is,(Psalm 83:18 KJV) whereas Jesus has many names according to the role he is playing.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BreadOfLife we can all justify what we want to believe......but we only justify it to ourselves...if we are in error, we cannot justify anything to the one 'who judges everything in righteousness'.....no excuses for accepting what God condemns will be accepted by him.

Matthew 7:21-23....
Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my heavenly Father. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name? Did we not drive out demons in your name? Did we not perform many miracles in your name?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Depart from me, you evildoers!’" (New Catholic Bible)

If we are found carrying out our own will instead of the will of the one our judge calls "my heavenly Father", then he will reject us as his disciples. Jesus says "I never knew you" which means that he has NEVER recognized these ones as his own....not from day dot.

We are left to evaluate all things in our own hearts, so if we have swallowed a delusion that suits what we want to accept as truth, God will let us carry on with that because it shows that we love the lies instead of the truth.

2 Thess 2:1-12....Paul wrote.....
"As to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we beg you, brethren do not become too easily thrown into confusion or alarmed, either by something spiritual or by a statement or by a letter claiming to come from us. . . .That Day cannot come before the final rebellion occurs and the lawless one is revealed, the son of destruction. 4 He is the adversary who sets himself in opposition to, and exalts himself above, every so-called god or object of worship, and who even seats himself in the temple of God, declaring himself to be God. . . . And you also know what is now restraining him, so that he may not be revealed before his time comes. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work, but the one who restrains it will continue to do so until he is removed. . . .Then the lawless one will be revealed. . . .His coming will be the work of Satan made manifest in all power and signs and wonders of falsehood, 10 and in every wicked deception designed for those who are perishing because they refused to accept the love of the truth and thereby gain salvation.
11 For this reason, God imposes on them a powerful delusion. They believe what is false, 12 so that all who have not believed the truth but instead have taken pleasure in wickedness will be condemned."
(NCB)

An apostasy was foretold and it was "already at work" whilst the apostles were still alive. Once their restraining influence was gone, the "church" was transform into something Christ would not recognize....."weeds" planted by the devil would take people away from God by inventing a different God to the one worshipped by the son and faithful angels long before man came on the scene.
A once faithful angel caused all this by doing his will instead of continuing to be obedient to his God. He tempted the humans to do his will by lying to them...and he has been using other humans to perpetuate his lies ever since.

By our choices we show Jehovah who we accept as our God....Him, or the 'pretender' who is the master of deception and disguise.
Whatever worship rendered by man, that is in any way corrupted, goes to the devil by default because it is rejected by the true God.

The devil knows that he will never win, but he takes great delight in taking as many down with him as he can. We have to be determined not to be one of them.....its our choice.
Too bad YOU don’t follow your own advice.

At the vert HEAR of Protestantism is rebellion and disobedience. If you disagree with your pastor – you simply move on to another denomination until you find one that fits all YOUR specifications. That’s not doing GOD’S will – but your own.

As to your comment above in REDJesus Christ guaranteed that His Church would NOT succumb to darkness (Matt. 16:18). According to YOU – He was a LIAR.

I feel sorry for you because you’re drowning in all of the lies that I proved you wrong about in your last few posts. Do your homework instead of depending on the fairy tales you read in your Jack Chick tracts . . .

Reactions: Augustin56

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Too bad YOU don’t follow your own advice.

At the vert HEAR of Protestantism is rebellion and disobedience. If you disagree with your pastor – you simply move on to another denomination until you find one that fits all YOUR specifications. That’s not doing GOD’S will – but your own.

As to your comment above in REDJesus Christ guaranteed that His Church would NOT succumb to darkness (Matt. 16:18). According to YOU – He was a LIAR.

I feel sorry for you because you’re drowning in all of the lies that I proved you wrong about in your last few posts. Do your homework instead of depending on the fairy tales you read in your Jack Chick tracts . . .
The truth will only appeal to the genuine truth seeker…..God said that he would “draw” those who were genuine seekers, giving them an invitation to come to his son, (John 6:44, 65) but he would leave the others to their own deusions. (2 Thess 2:7-12) We don’t get to the son without that invitation…..nor can we approach the Father without going through the son (John 14:6)…..do the math.

Jesus said that “few” are on the “road to life”, whereas “many” are on “the road to destruction”. (Matt 7:13-14) After he said this, he identified the ones that he would reject in vs 21-23. These are the ones who reject the truth because the lies they have been fed for centuries were never exposed but became indoctrinated into ignorant people by the religious leaders who made sure that the common man was never given access to the scriptures in an honest way. They were “spoon fed” the doctrines that these leaders wanted to promote. None of them were biblical, but adopted from paganism and adapted by a weakened church to accommodate these teachings…unchecked. “Power corrupts” as is plainly evident in Catholic history.

Your comment on “the heart of Protestant rebellion“ being “disobedience”, rings hollow when we consider how much disobedience was demonstrated by what became the Roman Catholic Church. They gave “Christianity” a nationality……and when we look in the world at the plethora of 'Orthodox' churches, we see a nationality attached to many of them. All Catholics are members of a national religion under a geographical label. Christianity, unlike Judaism, was not to be attached to any nationality. (Acts 15:14) Christians, who were told to be “no part of this world” do not have a nationality spiritually speaking. Being citizens of God’s Kingdom does not allow for dual citizenship. True Christians are loyal to one government (God’s Kingdom) and will not participate in politically inspired bloodshed, or the corrupt politics of this world, ruled by the devil. (1 John 5:19) To be friends with the world makes one an enemy of God. (James 4:4)

You assume that I am a Protestant, but I am no part of Christendom in any way. I reject Protestantism as the daughters of their Catholic 'mother' church. They took much of their mother’s dirty laundry with them when they left 'home', and so in my opinion, were all part of the same “weeds” that Jesus warned about.

The Bible is the whole truth, and it does not support the doctrines of any of Christendom’s churches because they all came from the same source. The devil is the sower of the “weeds” and Jesus is the source of the “wheat”. (Matt 13:24-30; 36-42)

What is interesting about this parable is the identification of the “weeds” that Jesus used in his illustration.
It is believed to be a poisonous weed called “bearded darnel”.
The readers might find this information enlightening…

FOR MANY CENTURIES, PERHAPS FOR as long as humans have cultivated cereal grains, wheat’s evil twin has insinuated itself into our crops. In a big enough dose, this grass, darnel, can kill a person, and farmers would have to take care to separate it out from their true harvest . . . . .Darnel is a “mimic weed,” neither entirely tame or quite wild, that looks and behaves so much like wheat that it can’t live without human assistance. Darnel seeds are stowaways: the plant’s survival strategy requires its seeds to be harvested along with those of domesticated grasses, stored and replanted next season. . . . .
Howard Thomas, a professor of biology who for years worked with darnel in the lab. The mimic weed took advantage of humans without fully bending to our will.

Thomas and two humanities-focused colleagues have been investigating darnel’s double life, as a menace and a sought-after intoxicant. They’ve found that darnel shows up time and again in key literary texts, as a symbol of subversion. “Where there is darnel, there is treachery and toxicity,” they write in the Journal of Ethnobiology.

(Quote from “Wheat's Evil Twin Has Been Intoxicating Humans For Centuries”)
Source

In this I believe Jesus explains very explicitly how the devil sowed his toxic, yet intoxicating crop, and how these weeds were perpetuated in the replanting by willing humans over the centuries. There are only “wheat and weeds“ in the world…..so all of us who call ourselves "Christians" are either one or the other, depending on who has sown seeds into our hearts…..the ones who taught us what we accept as truth.
“By their fruits” Jesus said we could identify the genuine Christians…..so what is the 'fruitage' we see in Christendom? (1 Cor 1:10)

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The truth will only appeal to the genuine truth seeker…..God said that he would “draw” those who were genuine seekers, giving them an invitation to come to his son, (John 6:44, 65) but he would leave the others to their own deusions. (2 Thess 2:7-12) We don’t get to the son without that invitation…..nor can we approach the Father without going through the son (John 14:6)…..do the math.

Jesus said that “few” are on the “road to life”, whereas “many” are on “the road to destruction”. (Matt 7:13-14) After he said this, he identified the ones that he would reject in vs 21-23. These are the ones who reject the truth because the lies they have been fed for centuries were never exposed but became indoctrinated into ignorant people by the religious leaders who made sure that the common man was never given access to the scriptures in an honest way. They were “spoon fed” the doctrines that these leaders wanted to promote. None of them were biblical, but adopted from paganism and adapted by a weakened church to accommodate these teachings…unchecked. “Power corrupts” as is plainly evident in Catholic history.

Your comment on “the heart of Protestant rebellion“ being “disobedience”, rings hollow when we consider how much disobedience was demonstrated by what became the Roman Catholic Church. They gave “Christianity” a nationality……and when we look in the world at the plethora of 'Orthodox' churches, we see a nationality attached to many of them. All Catholics are members of a national religion under a geographical label. Christianity, unlike Judaism, was not to be attached to any nationality. (Acts 15:14) Christians, who were told to be “no part of this world” do not have a nationality spiritually speaking. Being citizens of God’s Kingdom does not allow for dual citizenship. True Christians are loyal to one government (God’s Kingdom) and will not participate in politically inspired bloodshed, or the corrupt politics of this world, ruled by the devil. (1 John 5:19) To be friends with the world makes one an enemy of God. (James 4:4)

You assume that I am a Protestant, but I am no part of Christendom in any way. I reject Protestantism as the daughters of their Catholic 'mother' church. They took much of their mother’s dirty laundry with them when they left 'home', and so in my opinion, were all part of the same “weeds” that Jesus warned about.

The Bible is the whole truth, and it does not support the doctrines of any of Christendom’s churches because they all came from the same source. The devil is the sower of the “weeds” and Jesus is the source of the “wheat”. (Matt 13:24-30; 36-42)

What is interesting about this parable is the identification of the “weeds” that Jesus used in his illustration.

FOR MANY CENTURIES, PERHAPS FOR as long as humans have cultivated cereal grains, wheat’s evil twin has insinuated itself into our crops. In a big enough dose, this grass, darnel, can kill a person, and farmers would have to take care to separate it out from their true harvest . . . . .Darnel is a “mimic weed,” neither entirely tame or quite wild, that looks and behaves so much like wheat that it can’t live without human assistance. Darnel seeds are stowaways: the plant’s survival strategy requires its seeds to be harvested along with those of domesticated grasses, stored and replanted next season. . . . .
Howard Thomas, a professor of biology who for years worked with darnel in the lab. The mimic weed took advantage of humans without fully bending to our will.

Thomas and two humanities-focused colleagues have been investigating darnel’s double life, as a menace and a sought-after intoxicant. They’ve found that darnel shows up time and again in key literary texts, as a symbol of subversion. “Where there is darnel, there is treachery and toxicity,” they write in the Journal of Ethnobiology.

Source

In this I believe Jesus explains very explicitly how the devil sowed his toxic, yet intoxicating crop, and how these weeds were perpetuated in the replanting by willing humans over the centuries. There are only “wheat and weeds“ in the world…..so all of us who call ourselves "Christians" are either one or the other, depending on who has sown seeds into our hearts…..the ones who taught us what we accept as truth.
“By their fruits” Jesus said we could identify the genuine Christians…..so what is the 'fruitage' we see in Christendom? (1 Cor 1:10)
Just out of curiosity, Aunty, what do you call the denomination that you invented through your own self-given authority?

Reactions: Illuminator

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Source

Ther was quite a rant . . .

What I gleaned from it is that YOU are among the “Lone Ranger” believers who reject the Church- and just about every assemblage of believers. This is patently ANTI-Scriptural, as we are admonished to NOT forsake the assembly (Heb. 10:25).

Like I said before – I do feel sorry for you because you’re in a very confused state.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ther was quite a rant . . .
Was it? I consider it an explanation of why I reject all of Christendom as the “weeds” of Jesus‘ parable. The core of their teachings (accepted regardless of “denomination”) is the same as it is in all pagan religions…..i.e…..belief in a god who is not a single entity as we see in the OT, (Deut 6:4) but one who is the polar opposite of the God of Israel, Yahweh (Jehovah)……and belief in an immortal soul that survives the death of the body and goes to either a heaven of eternal bliss or a hell of eternal fiery torment…..the religion of God’s chosen nation had none of those beliefs….Jesus was raised in that religion and he never taught a single one of these things, which were skillfully grafted into scripture by men who closely resembled the Pharisees whom Jesus condemned to “Gehenna”. (Matt 15:7-9; Matt 23:13-15)

I also believe that understanding the details of the parable explains why these “weeds” intoxicate so many people all over the world….it feeds something in them that demands to be reinforced. Lies told often enough become truth in the minds of those who entertain them…..or those who need to believe them. Fear should never be a reason to worship God.
What I gleaned from it is that YOU are among the “Lone Ranger” believers who reject the Church- and just about every assemblage of believers. This is patently ANTI-Scriptural, as we are admonished to NOT forsake the assembly (Heb. 10:25).
Well, that is where you would be mistaken…..I was raised in Christendom, (though not in Catholicism, which I could never stomach because everything they did was in every way, anti-Christian to me) and the hypocrisy I witnessed in my own denomination and others made me lose my faith…..but in “the church” as a religious system, pretending to be Christ’s disciples whilst supporting the bloodshed of their nation’s wars and killing fellow Christians on the other side of that conflict.…(1 John 4:20-21; Matt 5:43-44)….but I never lost my faith in God nor did I ever lose faith in the Bible that was inspired by him.

It’s why I went looking for God in all the places that I had previously thought he couldn’t be….I didn’t find him in Christendom at all. It was then that I realized that the first Christians were in exactly the same position. Jesus‘ exclusive audience were all Jewish and it was the Jewish religious system that has gone completely off the rails when Jesus walked the earth. Jesus exposed the religious leaders as the hypocritical frauds that they had proven themselves to be. (Matt 23) He appealed to the “lost sheep” who were spiritually malnourished because their shepherds didn’t care about them, and Jesus came to tell them that every one of them was precious to his Father and that he had come to find them and bring them into a new pen that was filled with nourishing spiritual food for them. It was not an easy decision for these ones to adopt the teachings of a man whom their religious leaders had warned the people to stay away from. Those who believed in Jesus had to bear the brunt of the ill feelings that the Pharisees had engendered towards them and families were divided as people made their choices to join the Christians in worship (Matt 10:34-38)…..this eventually meant a complete separation from Judaism altogether.

When Jesus was brought before Pilate, the people cried out for his execution because they believed the wrong people. (Matt 27:25) The majority of Jews stayed loyal to their broken system and are still spiritually lost to this day. Never have they acknowledged Jesus as ‘the one who came in his Father’s name’. (Matt 23:37-39)

Like I said before – I do feel sorry for you because you’re in a very confused state.
That is just the point…I was lost and confused, but 50 years ago when I was about to give up searching for a God who seemed to be hiding from me, I answered a knock on my door…..there were two ladies there who wanted to introduce this God to me and at first I was tempted to send them away with ridicule as I usually did, but just for fun I asked them the questions that had been bothering me…..the ones my own church couldn’t answer…..and without hesitation, they asked if I had a Bible and asked me to go and get it so I could read the answers in my own KJV. To my complete surprise, every question I asked, was answered, with the truth coming from God’s word, not theirs. I became a Bible student that day, and have not ceased studying it daily ever since. I became one of them, and went out and preached to others about the amazing things I had found in the Bible.…things my church never taught me….and about “the great commission”. (Matt 24:14; Matt 28:19-20)

I don’t have to tell you who those ladies were, do I? And my brotherhood are spiritually united as a global family some 8.5 million strong…so I am hardly a “lone ranger”….please withhold your pity…you may need it in the future for members of your own misguided fraternity.

Even your avatar is indicative of the sun worship seen everywhere in the RCC….when did Jesus break bread in the shape of the sun? Why do your images have halos…these too are pagan.

1683929139893.png1683929211706.png1683929470913.png1683929918538.png 1683930967376.png
All hiding in plain sight…..this is what is sad to me….

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was it? I consider it an explanation of why I reject all of Christendom as the “weeds” of Jesus‘ parable. The core of their teachings (accepted regardless of “denomination”) is the same as it is in all pagan religions…..i.e…..belief in a god who is not a single entity as we see in the OT, (Deut 6:4) but one who is the polar opposite of the God of Israel, Yahweh (Jehovah)……and belief in an immortal soul that survives the death of the body and goes to either a heaven of eternal bliss or a hell of eternal fiery torment…..the religion of God’s chosen nation had none of those beliefs….Jesus was raised in that religion and he never taught a single one of these things, which were skillfully grafted into scripture by men who closely resembled the Pharisees whom Jesus condemned to “Gehenna”. (Matt 15:7-9; Matt 23:13-15)

I also believe that understanding the details of the parable explains why these “weeds” intoxicate so many people all over the world….it feeds something in them that demands to be reinforced. Lies told often enough become truth in the minds of those who entertain them…..or those who need to believe them. Fear should never be a reason to worship God.

Well, that is where you would be mistaken…..I was raised in Christendom, (though not in Catholicism, which I could never stomach because everything they did was in every way, anti-Christian to me) and the hypocrisy I witnessed in my own denomination and others made me lose my faith…..but in “the church” as a religious system, pretending to be Christ’s disciples whilst supporting the bloodshed of their nation’s wars and killing fellow Christians on the other side of that conflict.…(1 John 4:20-21; Matt 5:43-44)….but I never lost my faith in God nor did I ever lose faith in the Bible that was inspired by him.

It’s why I went looking for God in all the places that I had previously thought he couldn’t be….I didn’t find him in Christendom at all. It was then that I realized that the first Christians were in exactly the same position. Jesus‘ exclusive audience were all Jewish and it was the Jewish religious system that has gone completely off the rails when Jesus walked the earth. Jesus exposed the religious leaders as the hypocritical frauds that they had proven themselves to be. (Matt 23) He appealed to the “lost sheep” who were spiritually malnourished because their shepherds didn’t care about them, and Jesus came to tell them that every one of them was precious to his Father and that he had come to find them and bring them into a new pen that was filled with nourishing spiritual food for them. It was not an easy decision for these ones to adopt the teachings of a man whom their religious leaders had warned the people to stay away from. Those who believed in Jesus had to bear the brunt of the ill feelings that the Pharisees had engendered towards them and families were divided as people made their choices to join the Christians in worship (Matt 10:34-38)…..this eventually meant a complete separation from Judaism altogether.

When Jesus was brought before Pilate, the people cried out for his execution because they believed the wrong people. (Matt 27:25) The majority of Jews stayed loyal to their broken system and are still spiritually lost to this day. Never have they acknowledged Jesus as ‘the one who came in his Father’s name’. (Matt 23:37-39)

That is just the point…I was lost and confused, but 50 years ago when I was about to give up searching for a God who seemed to be hiding from me, I answered a knock on my door…..there were two ladies there who wanted to introduce this God to me and at first I was tempted to send them away with ridicule as I usually did, but just for fun I asked them the questions that had been bothering me…..the ones my own church couldn’t answer…..and without hesitation, they asked if I had a Bible and asked me to go and get it so I could read the answers in my own KJV. To my complete surprise, every question I asked, was answered, with the truth coming from God’s word, not theirs. I became a Bible student that day, and have not ceased studying it daily ever since. I became one of them, and went out and preached to others about the amazing things I had found in the Bible.…things my church never taught me….and about “the great commission”. (Matt 24:14; Matt 28:19-20)

I don’t have to tell you who those ladies were, do I? And my brotherhood are spiritually united as a global family some 8.5 million strong…so I am hardly a “lone ranger”….please withhold your pity…you may need it in the future for members of your own misguided fraternity.

Even your avatar is indicative of the sun worship seen everywhere in the RCC….when did Jesus break bread in the shape of the sun? Why do your images have halos…these too are pagan.

View attachment 32526View attachment 32527View attachment 32528View attachment 32530 View attachment 32531
All hiding in plain sight…..this is what is sad to me….
I feel sorry for you for MANY reasons – not the least of which is your gullibility.

Without your knowledge – you have been vomiting out the very DAME lies and fairy tales that were written over 100 years ago by a man names Alexander Hislop. He was an anti-Catholic ignoramus who wrote a book called “The Two Babylons,” wherein he decided to connect all Catholic doctrines with those of ancient Babylon, Sumeria and Egypt in a sort of “connect-the-dots” fashion.

Unfortunately, he attracted MANY adherents to his perversions (including YOU) – but also a man named Ralph Woodrow. Woodrow was so captivated by what he read that he wrote another book called, “Babylon Mystery Religion”.
He decided to write a follow up book called, “The Babylon Connection” and decided this time to do some actual research.

What he discovered horrified him. He found out that Hislop, his mentor had simply MADE UP all of his “facts” because of his hatred for the Catholic church. NONE of what Woodrow had written about was true. He pulled his original book from print and now runs a website APOLOGING for having written it and WARNS people not to fall into the same trap.

UNFORTINALY, men like Jack Chick picked up the ball and ran with it during the 20th century and spread this filth via his Chick Publications “Bible Tracts” and comic books.

The sad truth is that you don’t have a CLUE about anything having to do with Catholic doctrine because you’ve allowed yourself to be polluted by this nonsense

The Eucharist is the Body of Christ – and has ZERO to do with “Sun worship”.
Pray hard and free yourself of this kind of idiocy.