What Is Waiting For Us At The End Of Life?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Biblem

Mar 26, 2023
Nigeria
Faith
Christian
Country
Nigeria
Wherever we go after death is our eternal inheritance for our work here on earth. Inheritance in the Bible is not limited to heaven and material blessings but also includes the inheritance of hell and the earth. The Bible provides insight into these inheritances, shedding light on their significance for humanity. Matthew 25:34–46 shows the deeds of love that will give one an inheritance in heaven and the acts of hardened hearts that will push them into a life of regret and pain for all eternity.

People ask questions like, what happens to us when we die?. Is heaven real? Is hell real? What is purgatory? Who will inherit the earth? It is evident that humans are curious to know what is at the end of the tunnel for them. The Bible has made these answers very clear to anyone who cares to study and understand the leading of the Holy Spirit.

The Bible always uses the word “inherit” to describe where we go after death; this in turn shows that wherever you go after death is your inheritance. Inheritance refers to receiving something valuable, usually from a benefactor or predecessor, which is passed down from generation to generation. In the Bible, inheritance is not limited to material possessions but...........continue

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Peter 1:3-5 KJV
3) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4) To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5) Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

A great passage on our inheritance!

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 6:11-15 KJV
11) And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:
12) That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
13) For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself,
14) Saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee.
15) And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise.

Another . . .

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you've ever looked at the Near Deat Experience (NDE) studies, you can get an idea of what it's like to die. The people in the studies, usually in hospitals, clinically die. No heartbeat, no EEG (brainwave), no breathing, no gag reflex, pupils fixed and dilated. Dead in every sense of the word. And, they come back and report their experiences. They have some commonality between them, too. They "float" out of their body, see their body and watch them trying to get them going again, etc. Then, they find themselves going down a dark tunnel towards a light, at the end of which they have some experience of heaven, a level of love they could never have imagined, deceased loved ones, angels, Jesus, etc. Then, they're either told it's not their time and they have to come back or they have a choice to come back. None of these people are afraid to die anymore.

Some of the more interesting cases, I think, are people born blind from birth. They report seeing, in color, in a referential way. They may not know the names of colors, but they might say the doctor's shirt was the same color as the nurse's eyes. (Blue)

Kind of undermines the notion some people (atheists?) have that when we die, that's it. It's not.

Reactions: MatthewG

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kind of undermines the notion some people (atheists?) have that when we die, that's it. It's not.
IT IS TOO! for, "the wages of sin is death." Death means to exist no more!!!

When an unsaved person die both body and spirit go to a place of silence and awaits resurrection. (Psalms 115:17).

But when a saved person die his body goes to the grave however; in his spirit essence, he goes to be with the Lord Jesus in heaven (2 Corinthians 5:8).

Paul had an experience of going to heaven in which he was not allowed to utter.

2 Corinthians 12:1-4 reads:
4 How that he was caught up into paradise (heaven), and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

Your theory of coming back from "clinically death," is flawed. For a person to be dead, there must be a separation of both body and spirit.

To God Be The Glory

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When an unsaved person die both body and spirit go to a place of silence and awaits resurrection. (Psalms 115:17).

But when a saved person die his body goes to the grave however; in his spirit essence, he goes to be with the Lord Jesus in heaven (2 Corinthians 5:8).

4 How that he was caught up into paradise (heaven), and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

Your theory of coming back from "clinically death," is flawed. For a person to be dead, there must be a separation of both body and spirit.

To God Be The Glory
JunChosen, no. Not hardly. Death in this case means spiritual death, i.e., separation from God. Our souls live eternally. NDE cases indicate, from the testimony of thousands of people who experienced it, that their consciousness (soul) left their body. They floated out, saw the doctors working on them, in many cases, and then left.

Everyone who dies a bodily death will continue to exist, either in Purgatory (temporarily, before going to Heaven), Heaven, or Hell.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NDE cases indicate, from the testimony of thousands of people who experienced it, that their consciousness (soul) left their body.
How did these thousands of people who experienced the above communicate this to the living?
They floated out, saw the doctors working on them, in many cases, and then left.
Left to go where?
Everyone who dies a bodily death will continue to exist, either in Purgatory (temporarily, before going to Heaven), Heaven, or Hell.
This, of course, is a Catholic doctrine NOT found in Scripture! As I've already stated (with Scripture references) that when an unsaved person dies he goes to a place of silence to await resurrection and then judgment.

On the other hand, when a saved person dies, in his spirit essence, he goes to be with the Lord Jesus. His body however; goes to the grave until resurrected on the last day.

As concerning about returning from death experiences, I suggest you read again 2 Corinthians 12:1-4.

To God Be The Glory

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How did these thousands of people who experienced the above communicate this to the living?

Left to go where?

This, of course, is a Catholic doctrine NOT found in Scripture! As I've already stated (with Scripture references) that when an unsaved person dies he goes to a place of silence to await resurrection and then judgment.

On the other hand, when a saved person dies, in his spirit essence, he goes to be with the Lord Jesus. His body however; goes to the grave until resurrected on the last day.

As concerning about returning from death experiences, I suggest you read again 2 Corinthians 12:1-4.

To God Be The Glory
The folks who experienced NDE's came back to life. The medical studies done say that to qualify as a case for an NDE, one must clinically die (no EKG (heartbeat), no EEG (brainwave), no breathing, no gag reflex, pupils fixed and dilated). Most of them were told in heaven, that it was not their time, and that they had to go back. Some were given the choice, and usually the ones that came back had small children, etc., or other reasons to come back. Interestingly, none are afraid to die any longer.

The Catholic Church and doctrine precedes the New Testament, and the New Testament comes from Catholic doctrine. Catholic doctrine are the oral teachings of Christ, Who gave them to the Apostles, and who, in turn, gave them to their successors, the bishops. The New Testament wasn't decided and called Scripture until the Catholic Church chose the 27 books out of over 300 during the Councils of Hippo (393 A.D.) and Carthage (397 A.D.), and declared them to be worthy of being called Scripture. (I'd be surprised if you knew this.)

It's interesting that you mention 2 Cor. 12:1-4. Many of the people who reported having NDE's reported seeing and hearing things they could never have imaginged. They also were connected to God and suddenly "knew" things they could never have known before. They also report feeling a level of love they could never have imagined, seeing colors, experiencing smells and sounds, that they never could have imagined before.

When we were babies in our mother's womb, that's all we knew. That was our whole world. Dark, warm, moist, etc. When we were born, all of a sudden, we experienced sights, sounds, smells, etc., that we could not have possibly imagined in our mother's womb! I believe that we will experience a similar thing when we die and experience heaven.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The folks who experienced NDE's came back to life. The medical studies done say that to qualify as a case for an NDE, one must clinically die
Medical machines can break down therefore, the NDE studies are NOT trustworthy!
The Catholic doctrine precedes the New Testament, and the New Testament comes from Catholic doctrine. Catholic doctrine are the oral teachings of Christ,
You're joking, right? BECAUSE that's NOT what the Bible teaches!
2 Peter 1:21 reads:

"For the prophecy CAME NOT in old time BY THE WILL OF MAN: BUT HOLY MEN OF GOD spake as they were moved (instructed) by the Holy Ghost." GOD is the AUTHOR of the BIBLE!!!
Interestingly, none are afraid to die any longer.
Myself, am not afraid to die also for I know where I am going after life.
The New Testament wasn't decided and called Scripture until the Catholic Church chose the 27 books
For your eyes only:

"And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch."

BTW, the word "catholic" means "universal" if you didn't know it.

When we were babies in our mother's womb, that's all we knew. That was our whole world. Dark, warm, moist, etc. When we were born, all of a sudden, we experienced sights, sounds, smells, etc., that we could not have possibly imagined in our mother's womb!
YOU are in error! When Mary the mother of Jesus went to visit Elisabeth, the babe leaped in her womb for joy, as soon as she heard Mary's salutation. (Luke 1:41, 44).

So you see, babies are aware of their surroundings.

To God Be The Glory

St. Joseph

Apr 30, 2023
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

To God Be The Glory

Amen

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just believe what John the beloved wrote about the vision of Heaven he proclaims in Revelation 21-22, with faithful going to be with God being able to feast, with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

I believe also there are those on the outside of the heavenly kingdom.

I believe there will be work still to do, it won’t be boring.

But all in all with just those full glimpses into heaven,

I truly don’t know what God has stored up for those who love him, so love him and at the end of life you’ll be surprised.

Cause I believe we will all go to the heavenly realm, either inside or out.

Maybe we can go help those outside. It’s just a hope I have.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you've ever looked at the Near Deat Experience (NDE) studies, you can get an idea of what it's like to die.
Since they are called “NEAR death experiences” and not “AFTER death experiences” we can assume that clinical death has not occurred, because brain damage from oxygen deprivation is irreversible. Ask those who have performed CPR on patients for extended periods of time and still had to pronounce them deceased.
The people in the studies, usually in hospitals, clinically die. No heartbeat, no EEG (brainwave), no breathing, no gag reflex, pupils fixed and dilated. Dead in every sense of the word. And, they come back and report their experiences.
Well nearly dead with a propensity to be revived is not clinically dead. Brain death has not occurred.
Medical science has discovered that an oxygen deprived brain can produce chemically induced delusions as it dies. Since the Bible states that death is the end of life, and that the dead are not in a conscious state, (Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10) who told us that we do not really die? Wasn’t it the devil who told Eve that first lie? (Gen 3:4) What did God tell Adam?
“In the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return.” (Gen 3:19)
There is no mention of heaven or hell...just life or death. The command was simple...obey and live...disobey and die. Two opposite outcomes.
They have some commonality between them, too. They "float" out of their body, see their body and watch them trying to get them going again, etc. Then, they find themselves going down a dark tunnel towards a light, at the end of which they have some experience of heaven, a level of love they could never have imagined, deceased loved ones, angels, Jesus, etc.
Do we imagine that the devil is incapable of taking advantage of a sick person’s thinking, when they are at their lowest ebb? The “light” that is often mentioned can also come from an evil source as Paul mentions in 2 Cor 11:14-15...
“And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps disguising himself as an angel of light. 15 It is therefore nothing extraordinary if his ministers also keep disguising themselves as ministers of righteousness. But their end will be according to their works.”

Who are satan’s “ministers” (servants).....and can we see the disguise that is designed to deceive? Are we victims of a false belief?....like many other false doctrines that have crept in over the centuries?....like heaven and hell as opposite destinations, being one that is swallowed down by the majority.

If there is no immortal soul (not a Bible teaching) then there is nowhere for “souls” to go, because souls are mortal and they die. (Ezekiel 18:4) The ancient Jews did not have any belief in life after death.....the pagans did and it was adopted later by those in apostasy. People don’t want to believe that death is the end of life....but it is. Resurrection is what the Bible teaches....this is a return to life, not a continuation of it, except by the remaining few of Christ’s elect who will be transformed at the end of this age.
Then, they're either told it's not their time and they have to come back or they have a choice to come back. None of these people are afraid to die anymore.
Think about that for a moment.....
Many of the world’s major religions (Christian and non-Christian) teach that communication with the ‘departed’ is possible.
The Encyclopedia of Religion describes “necromancy” as “the art or practice of magically conjuring up the souls of the dead” and “is primarily a form of divination.” It then adds that this practice is “widespread.”
Little wonder, then, that people in many religions have attempted to obtain knowledge from the spirit world! But with whom are they communicating?

What were the Jews told by God prior to entering the Promised Land, whose inhabitants practiced all manner of detestable things?
Deuteronomy 18:9-12...
“When you have entered into the land that The Lord your God is giving you, you must not learn to imitate the detestable practices of those nations. 10 There should not be found in you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, anyone who employs divination, anyone practicing magic, anyone who looks for omens, a sorcerer, 11 anyone binding others with a spell, anyone who consults a spirit medium or a fortune-teller, or anyone who inquires of the dead. 12 For whoever does these things is detestable to the Lord, and on account of these detestable practices the Lord your God is driving them away from before you.”

Now ask yourself, “if God said that ‘enquiring of the dead’ is detestable to him, then why would he send people back from the dead, to tell the living about their experiences?” ....if this is true, then he is breaking his own law.

Reactions: JunChosen

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Aunty Jane,

I'm in agreement in most of your comments in post 14, except for your scripture reference of 2 Corinthians 11:14-15 which I believe is somewhat out of place, although everything in the Bible corelates from Genesis to Revelation.

2 Corinthians 11 is used mostly when Satan sits (rule) as an angel of light (mimicking Jesus) as the head of a church and his ministers (devils), as ministers of righteousness (pastors)!

Your post however, is commendable and well written. I can see the reason why you like to have a good Bible discussions.

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm in agreement in most of your comments in post 14, except for your scripture reference of 2 Corinthians 11:14-15 which I believe is somewhat out of place, although everything in the Bible corelates from Genesis to Revelation.
I believe this too....Genesis to Revelation is one story. Everything in between relates to what God has been doing since the rebellion in Eden and how it all goes back to the beginning in Revelation. (Isa 55:11; Rev 21:2-4)
2 Corinthians 11 is used mostly when Satan sits (rule) as an angel of light (mimicking Jesus) as the head of a church and his ministers (devils), as ministers of righteousness (pastors)!
I am in agreement with this too, but have a broader view as he has been mimicking things from the beginning. Whatever God does, he creates a counterfeit or turns something pure into something contaminated and unrecognizable. The devil led the religious leaders of Judaism down the garden path so that when Jesus arrived on the scene as Messiah, he did not fit the profile that they had created for themselves. He was showing them up to be the wicked hypocrites that they were, so they silenced him just as they had done to God's prophets before. (Matt 23:3-39)

Those who were touched by Christ's teachings had to eventually leave that apostate Jewish system and join themselves together as Christianity spread out among the Gentiles. But Jesus warned that satan would strike again in exactly the same way.....with no new tricks because the old ones still work on those who never learn the lessons of the past. He again corrupted the religious leaders in the early centuries and before long "Christianity" too was unrecognizable as the faith that Jesus and his apostles introduced. It wasn't a new faith but a different set of practices under a new covenant. Christendom is a mish-mash of pagan doctrines glossed over with a "Christian" label.

The emphasis with Christianity was the evangelism. (Matt 28:19-20) The disciples were to take Christ's teachings out to the whole world as "a witness to all the nations" before the foretold "end" of this age comes about (Matt 24:14)....its not far off by all the signs in world events.

Its hard to find Christians who do what Jesus instructed the first Christians to do....

"Into whatever city or village you enter, search out who in it is deserving, and stay there until you leave. 12 When you enter the house, greet the household. 13 If the house is deserving, let the peace you wish it come upon it; but if it is not deserving, let the peace from you return upon you. 14 Wherever anyone does not receive you or listen to your words, on going out of that house or that city, shake the dust off your feet." (Matt 10:11-14; Acts 20:20)

Last edited:

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since they are called “NEAR death experiences” and not “AFTER death experiences” we can assume that clinical death has not occurred, because brain damage from oxygen deprivation is irreversible. Ask those who have performed CPR on patients for extended periods of time and still had to pronounce them deceased.
Well nearly dead with a propensity to be revived is not clinically dead. Brain death has not occurred.
Medical science has discovered that an oxygen deprived brain can produce chemically induced delusions as it dies. Since the Bible states that death is the end of life, and that the dead are not in a conscious state, (Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10) who told us that we do not really die? Wasn’t it the devil who told Eve that first lie? (Gen 3:4) What did God tell Adam?
“In the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return.” (Gen 3:19)
There is no mention of heaven or hell...just life or death. The command was simple...obey and live...disobey and die. Two opposite outcomes.
Aunty Jane, the NDE studies were done by trained, educated physicians. They threw out any cases that could possibly be otherwise explained, including machine malfunction. The studies included literally thousands of documented cases. There are also cases that rule out any chemically induced delusions. For example, people born blind from birth, who have absolutely no referential information with regards to sight that a delusional brain could draw upon, report being able to see, in color. They don't know the name of the colors, but report, for example, that the nurse's eyes were the same color as the doctor's shirt. They didn't know that color was called blue. There is no way the brain could make that up for someone born blind from birth. Trying to find a quote in Scripture and twist it to fit your desires is not what Scripture is designed to do.

Do we imagine that the devil is incapable of taking advantage of a sick person’s thinking, when they are at their lowest ebb? The “light” that is often mentioned can also come from an evil source as Paul mentions in 2 Cor 11:14-15...
“And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps disguising himself as an angel of light. 15 It is therefore nothing extraordinary if his ministers also keep disguising themselves as ministers of righteousness. But their end will be according to their works.”

Who are satan’s “ministers” (servants).....and can we see the disguise that is designed to deceive? Are we victims of a false belief?....like many other false doctrines that have crept in over the centuries?....like heaven and hell as opposite destinations, being one that is swallowed down by the majority.

If there is no immortal soul (not a Bible teaching) then there is nowhere for “souls” to go, because souls are mortal and they die. (Ezekiel 18:4) The ancient Jews did not have any belief in life after death.....the pagans did and it was adopted later by those in apostasy. People don’t want to believe that death is the end of life....but it is. Resurrection is what the Bible teaches....this is a return to life, not a continuation of it, except by the remaining few of Christ’s elect who will be transformed at the end of this age.

Think about that for a moment.....
Many of the world’s major religions (Christian and non-Christian) teach that communication with the ‘departed’ is possible.
The Encyclopedia of Religion describes “necromancy” as “the art or practice of magically conjuring up the souls of the dead” and “is primarily a form of divination.” It then adds that this practice is “widespread.”
Little wonder, then, that people in many religions have attempted to obtain knowledge from the spirit world! But with whom are they communicating?

What were the Jews told by God prior to entering the Promised Land, whose inhabitants practiced all manner of detestable things?
Deuteronomy 18:9-12...
“When you have entered into the land that The Lord your God is giving you, you must not learn to imitate the detestable practices of those nations. 10 There should not be found in you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, anyone who employs divination, anyone practicing magic, anyone who looks for omens, a sorcerer, 11 anyone binding others with a spell, anyone who consults a spirit medium or a fortune-teller, or anyone who inquires of the dead. 12 For whoever does these things is detestable to the Lord, and on account of these detestable practices the Lord your God is driving them away from before you.”

Now ask yourself, “if God said that ‘enquiring of the dead’ is detestable to him, then why would he send people back from the dead, to tell the living about their experiences?” ....if this is true, then he is breaking his own law.
I would caution you not to try to reinvent the wheel when it comes to God's message. St. Peter warned against personal interpretation of Scripture in 2 Peter 1:20-21. The Bible is not, nor was it ever intended to be a stand-alone, do-it-yourself kit. One need only look at the thousands of different/contrary beliefs of those who rely soley on the Bible (which is, by the way, a man-made doctrine not found anywhere in the Bible itself), to see that this approach doesn't work. Jesus didn't write a book to spread His truths. He founded a (one!) Church to do so. It is this Church that wrote and set the canon for the New Testament ouf of the oral teachings given the Apostles by Christ.

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Aunty Jane, the NDE studies were done by trained, educated physicians. They threw out any cases that could possibly be otherwise explained, including machine malfunction. The studies included literally thousands of documented cases. There are also cases that rule out any chemically induced delusions. For example, people born blind from birth, who have absolutely no referential information with regards to sight that a delusional brain could draw upon, report being able to see, in color. They don't know the name of the colors, but report, for example, that the nurse's eyes were the same color as the doctor's shirt. They didn't know that color was called blue. There is no way the brain could make that up for someone born blind from birth. Trying to find a quote in Scripture and twist it to fit your desires is not what Scripture is designed to do.
Since the Bible does not teach that humans have a conscious immortal soul that survives death....there is no other way to interpret this “evidence” than to imply that the great deceiver is at work trying to perpetuate his first lie....that humans “surely will not die”.
If you can find even one scripture that uses the words “immortal” and “soul” side by side, I would like to see it.
Like Eve, people still don’t want to believe that they actually die.....they want to believe that only the body dies and a conscious soul lives on.....it’s a lie. Nothing survives death. We are like the animals as Solomon lamented....in sin, when we die, we have no superiority over the beasts.

“for there is an outcome for humans and an outcome for animals; they all have the same outcome. As the one dies, so the other dies; and they all have but one spirit. So man has no superiority over animals, for everything is futile. All are going to the same place. They all come from the dust, and they all are returning to the dust. (Eccl 3:19-20)
Which is exactly what God told Adam. (Gen 3:19)
The grave (sheol, hades) is where the dead “sleep” awaiting a resurrection. No conscious part of man survives death.....the “soul” is the person, not something that lives inside of them that can continue to live on somewhere else. The “spirit” is the animating force in all living, breathing creatures, that keeps a soul alive. When breathing stops, the soul dies....all consciousness is gone. (Ezekiel 18:4; Psalm 146:4)
People have been swallowing the lie of immortal souls for centuries because it was common in pagan religions, but never taught in the original Jewish faith. There is no mention of it in any of their scripture. Therefore Jesus never taught about it....and neither did his apostles.

What they taught was about God’s Heavenly Kingdom, and those who have a role in it.....those who would be “kings and priests” in this arrangement, (Rev 20:6) which will bring all redeemed mankind back to God’s first purpose, which was to have sinless humans living in paradise conditions on this earth, forever.(Rev 21:2-4)
Only the elect will go to heaven, because only they are invited by God for that role.
I would caution you not to try to reinvent the wheel when it comes to God's message. St. Peter warned against personal interpretation of Scripture in 2 Peter 1:20-21.
For you know this first, that no prophecy of Scripture springs from any private interpretation. 21 For prophecy was at no time brought by man’s will, but men spoke from God as they were moved by holy spirit.”
Yes, that is exactly true.....and no “church” has the right to alter what Christ taught, or to change Christianity into something that Christ would find unrecognisable...and yet at the judgment, this is what he will find....(Matt 7:21-23)
When studying the scriptures carefully, I came to understand how drastically the RCC had changed Christianity in the minds of the people centuries ago......and this remains right down till the present day. Most are unaware of how far they have strayed and how much paganism is renamed and presented as “Christian” beliefs and practice. “Sun” worship is passed off as “Son” worship, most of it deftly woven into ambiguous scripture over a long period of time. It’s the only “Christianity” they know.
There is a long list of these beliefs and practices in Roman Catholicism (and in Protestant religions) that contradict the Bible, but I’m sure you have heard them all.

The Bible is not, nor was it ever intended to be a stand-alone, do-it-yourself kit. One need only look at the thousands of different/contrary beliefs of those who rely soley on the Bible (which is, by the way, a man-made doctrine not found anywhere in the Bible itself), to see that this approach doesn't work. Jesus didn't write a book to spread His truths. He founded a (one!) Church to do so. It is this Church that wrote and set the canon for the New Testament ouf of the oral teachings given the Apostles by Christ.
Oh dear......surely you are not suggesting that the Roman Catholic church “wrote and set the canon for the NT”? :doldrums:
It is God’s word, not any man’s. All “the church” did was compile what was already written, and I can assure you that no Catholic writers contributed a single word. All were Jewish. The “church” then made sure that no common person could even read God’s word, which they kept as their exclusive right to access it....under penalty of death I believe. Who would dare question them?

As the Almighty God, YHWH can use even his enemies to accomplish his will....which he has done in the past.
He used Babylon to punish his unfaithful people, but later destroyed Babylon for its conduct. There is a “greater Babylon” spoken about in Revelation....and we are told to “get out of her”. (Rev 18:4-5) This disgusting “harlot” has many daughters who left home to start their own ”churches”. All are going to be destroyed by the God they claim to worship because they took their mother’s false teachings with them....one such being immortality of the soul, along with hellfire.....neither of which is in the Bible and portray God as a fiend who enjoys torturing people......this was seen reflected in the wicked Inquisitions.

“The oral teachings of the apostles” which were not recorded, were also deftly altered little by little, to make the state religion of the Roman Empire acceptable to its pagan minded constituents. Constantine himself was a worshipper of Zeus all of his life. His “baptism” virtually on his deathbed, was as sincere as his sacrifice to Zeus.

The RCC gave birth to “Christendom”, which is not “Christianity” by any biblical definition.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everything a person believes is by faith.

If you don’t believe that the soul is immortal that is your choice.

If you do believe that the soul is immortal that is your choice.

Everyone needs to decide for themselves; if you wanna state a case you may but no one has to take anyone’s word here for absolute truth as all people need to test all things and pray and ask God to show them the answer nor if man can, but God himself! Prayer is such a great thing the Believer has.