What Is Waiting For Us At The End Of Life?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The sad truth is that you don’t have a CLUE about anything having to do with Catholic doctrine because you’ve allowed yourself to be polluted by this nonsense
I think you can apply those words to yourself....you have allowed yourself to be polluted by the lies the RCC have been promoting for centuries. You have no excuse to believe or to support things that prove to be against everything that Christ taught. You have been shown, but still deny what is right in front of your nose. Not much more I can add to that....

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Was it? I consider it an explanation of why I reject all of Christendom as the “weeds” of Jesus‘ parable. The core of their teachings (accepted regardless of “denomination”) is the same as it is in all pagan religions…..i.e…..belief in a god who is not a single entity as we see in the OT, (Deut 6:4) but one who is the polar opposite of the God of Israel, Yahweh (Jehovah)……and belief in an immortal soul that survives the death of the body and goes to either a heaven of eternal bliss or a hell of eternal fiery torment…..the religion of God’s chosen nation had none of those beliefs….Jesus was raised in that religion and he never taught a single one of these things, which were skillfully grafted into scripture by men who closely resembled the Pharisees whom Jesus condemned to “Gehenna”. (Matt 15:7-9; Matt 23:13-15)

I also believe that understanding the details of the parable explains why these “weeds” intoxicate so many people all over the world….it feeds something in them that demands to be reinforced. Lies told often enough become truth in the minds of those who entertain them…..or those who need to believe them. Fear should never be a reason to worship God.

Well, that is where you would be mistaken…..I was raised in Christendom, (though not in Catholicism, which I could never stomach because everything they did was in every way, anti-Christian to me) and the hypocrisy I witnessed in my own denomination and others made me lose my faith…..but in “the church” as a religious system, pretending to be Christ’s disciples whilst supporting the bloodshed of their nation’s wars and killing fellow Christians on the other side of that conflict.…(1 John 4:20-21; Matt 5:43-44)….but I never lost my faith in God nor did I ever lose faith in the Bible that was inspired by him.

It’s why I went looking for God in all the places that I had previously thought he couldn’t be….I didn’t find him in Christendom at all. It was then that I realized that the first Christians were in exactly the same position. Jesus‘ exclusive audience were all Jewish and it was the Jewish religious system that has gone completely off the rails when Jesus walked the earth. Jesus exposed the religious leaders as the hypocritical frauds that they had proven themselves to be. (Matt 23) He appealed to the “lost sheep” who were spiritually malnourished because their shepherds didn’t care about them, and Jesus came to tell them that every one of them was precious to his Father and that he had come to find them and bring them into a new pen that was filled with nourishing spiritual food for them. It was not an easy decision for these ones to adopt the teachings of a man whom their religious leaders had warned the people to stay away from. Those who believed in Jesus had to bear the brunt of the ill feelings that the Pharisees had engendered towards them and families were divided as people made their choices to join the Christians in worship (Matt 10:34-38)…..this eventually meant a complete separation from Judaism altogether.

When Jesus was brought before Pilate, the people cried out for his execution because they believed the wrong people. (Matt 27:25) The majority of Jews stayed loyal to their broken system and are still spiritually lost to this day. Never have they acknowledged Jesus as ‘the one who came in his Father’s name’. (Matt 23:37-39)

That is just the point…I was lost and confused, but 50 years ago when I was about to give up searching for a God who seemed to be hiding from me, I answered a knock on my door…..there were two ladies there who wanted to introduce this God to me and at first I was tempted to send them away with ridicule as I usually did, but just for fun I asked them the questions that had been bothering me…..the ones my own church couldn’t answer…..and without hesitation, they asked if I had a Bible and asked me to go and get it so I could read the answers in my own KJV. To my complete surprise, every question I asked, was answered, with the truth coming from God’s word, not theirs. I became a Bible student that day, and have not ceased studying it daily ever since. I became one of them, and went out and preached to others about the amazing things I had found in the Bible.…things my church never taught me….and about “the great commission”. (Matt 24:14; Matt 28:19-20)

I don’t have to tell you who those ladies were, do I? And my brotherhood are spiritually united as a global family some 8.5 million strong…so I am hardly a “lone ranger”….please withhold your pity…you may need it in the future for members of your own misguided fraternity.

Even your avatar is indicative of the sun worship seen everywhere in the RCC….when did Jesus break bread in the shape of the sun? Why do your images have halos…these too are pagan.

All hiding in plain sight…..this is what is sad to me….
99% of everything you have read or have been told about the Catholic Church is false, thus when you mock what we hold dear, you make a fool of yourself. Worse, your reckless anti-Catholic drivel puts you on the same side of the street as the Satanists who mock the Eucharist. We don't hold you accountable for your sadistic diabolical insults due to invincible ignorance, but please try not to be so insulting.

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
99% of everything you have read or have been told about the Catholic Church is false,
Says the Catholic church which has 99% of its doctrines that do not originate from scripture.
please try not to be so insulting.
It is not insulting to tell the truth. Teaching what is not truth, is insulting to God and his son.

Lets take transubstantiation....
It is claimed that every ordained Catholic priest, and no others, has the power to perform the miracle of transubstantiation.

But is any real change taking place with the bread and the wine? Did Christ institute a sacrificial arrangement back there, or was it a memorial of his death? It was the latter.
In offering the bread and wine to his apostles, did he say: “Do this in sacrifice of me”? No, he said: “Do this for a commemoration of me.” (Luke 22:19 Dy)
And if the wine was at that time actually his blood, then his blood would have already been shed. But he referred to its being shed in the future, “which SHALL BE shed for many.” The wine only represented his blood. And if the wine been transubstantiated into his blood would he still have called it the fruit of the vine? (Mark 14:23-25 Dy)

Another aspect to consider would be.....if Jesus actually performed this miracle, then his apostles would have been guilty of breaking God’s law, which forbade the drinking of blood. (Gen 9:4; Lev 17:10-14; Acts 15:20) Eating his flesh would have been cannibalism.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you can apply those words to yourself....you have allowed yourself to be polluted by the lies the RCC have been promoting for centuries. You have no excuse to believe or to support things that prove to be against everything that Christ taught. You have been shown, but still deny what is right in front of your nose. Not much more I can add to that....
And I've corected yout MANY ;loes and errords - but you still choose to believe the lied. I can only pray that the scales fall from your eyes.