What makes you right?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
My message for right now is that as a Man in the flesh Jesus completion of the test is validity and he could have been there. He could have been a God but he may be a man.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Can't they learn? Do they fight? Do they need to? Are they that bad? They fail if not to any of the these.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
They just shouldn't judge so loosely. They fail to see the point as of now.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Lol... I can relate wholeheartedly. There was a time a year or so ago where I was travelling 240 klms return on a motorcycle to participate in a fellowship. It meant getting back home late in the dark. One kind soul offered me floor space to stay over and travel back the next day...lovely! I took up the offer with my swag in tow. At Christmas some months later a discussion arose about the background and meaning of Xmas trees. What an animated discussion we had when suddenly out of the blue I was addressed by my host 'you can leave if you like.'
I was floored; being a bit confused as to what I had just heard the discussion continued. A minute or two later I was told again, 'you can leave if you like'
In that persons mind a robust discussion was interpreted as an argument and a threat to the current point of view to the point where my company was no longer desired.
It was food for thought and an insight into the fickle and unstable nature of humans.
Yes, I left.
Yes, but earnestly contend for the faith of the saints? Okay!

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 28:9-10 KJV.

The reason we get into trouble is that we fail to take into consideration ALL the verses that impact a subject before forming our spiritual propositions.

For instance, those who insist on the popular eschatological interpretation of an unbroken chain of continual activity on Earth by saying life goes on for another 7 years after the saints are raptured and then continues after that for the "1,000 year reign of the saints over the wicked on Earth", followed by the destruction of the wicked and subsequent eternal reign of the saints in the New Earth...

...fail to incorporate the many other verses which depict an Earth that is destroyed, empty, darkened, silent, and devoid of all life (except for Satan and his demons) which Earthly period follows the Second Coming...because there's no way to fit such a period of complete Earthly desolation into this scenario. However, Historicism satisfies all the Biblical criteria for end times.

Although I do not agree with the first proposition you mention about the 7 year tribulation, rapture and etc. your second or alternative proposition is likewise faulty as you have failed to consider your own advice in regards to the consideration of ALL verses dealing with the subject, such as the following:

One generation passes away, and another generation comes: but THE EARTH ABIDES FOREVER.” Eccl 1:4

For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, HE CREATED IT NOT IN VAIN, HE FORMED IT TO BE INHABITED: I am the LORD; and there is none else.” Isa 45:18

The heaven, even the heavens, are the Lord’s: but THE EARTH HATH HE GIVEN TO THE CHILDREN OF MEN.” Psa 115:16

Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and THE EARTH IS MY FOOTSTOOL…” Isa 66:1 (See Matt 5:35 also)

“…I WILL MAKE THE PLACE OF MY FEET GLORIOUS.” Isa 60:13 (Speaking of the Kingdom to come when the Lord shall establish righteousness throughout the earth.)

Thy kingdom is AN EVERLASTING KINGDOM, and thy dominion endures throughout all generations.” Psa 145:13

So what now are we to do with those scriptures which state that the earth will be destroyed and etc.?

Since we know that the Word of God does not contradict itself we must conclude that those scriptures implying the destruction of the earth must be symbolic and as such are not to be taken literally. It is not the physical earth that is to be destroyed it is the symbolic earth (i.e. society) the present order of things which is to end, thus preparing the way for the new earth (a new society or order of things), new heavens (powers of spiritual control, THE Christ, the Church, head and body complete).

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Although I do not agree with the first proposition you mention about the 7 year tribulation, rapture and etc. your second or alternative proposition is likewise faulty as you have failed to consider your own advice in regards to the consideration of ALL verses dealing with the subject, such as the following:

One generation passes away, and another generation comes: but THE EARTH ABIDES FOREVER.” Eccl 1:4

For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, HE CREATED IT NOT IN VAIN, HE FORMED IT TO BE INHABITED: I am the LORD; and there is none else.” Isa 45:18

The heaven, even the heavens, are the Lord’s: but THE EARTH HATH HE GIVEN TO THE CHILDREN OF MEN.” Psa 115:16

Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and THE EARTH IS MY FOOTSTOOL…” Isa 66:1 (See Matt 5:35 also)

“…I WILL MAKE THE PLACE OF MY FEET GLORIOUS.” Isa 60:13 (Speaking of the Kingdom to come when the Lord shall establish righteousness throughout the earth.)

Thy kingdom is AN EVERLASTING KINGDOM, and thy dominion endures throughout all generations.” Psa 145:13

So what now are we to do with those scriptures which state that the earth will be destroyed and etc.?

Since we know that the Word of God does not contradict itself we must conclude that those scriptures implying the destruction of the earth must be symbolic and as such are not to be taken literally. It is not the physical earth that is to be destroyed it is the symbolic earth (i.e. society) the present order of things which is to end, thus preparing the way for the new earth (a new society or order of things), new heavens (powers of spiritual control, THE Christ, the Church, head and body complete).
If I'd have proposed that the Earth passes out of existence, you'd be right and every single one of your texts would disprove me.

However, what I show from Scripture is that the Earth will experience a period of desolation, which none of those texts disproves. In fact, the verse about "new heavens and new earth" precisely proves my point. The "heavens and the earth which are now" are going to burn up, followed by the "new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness."

That period of desolation is not accounted for by modern, popular eschatological Jesuit ideas by religionists who totally discount Historicism. :)