What OSAS Rejects

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James 2: Being justified with works.
I John 3: Being righteous with doing righteousness.
I John 3: Being of the devil while committing sin.
Matthew 5, I John 3: Being pure in heart.
Matthew 6: Being single eyed and not double hearted.
1 John 1: Needing fellowship with Jesus to be saved by Jesus.
Rom 2: Being judged for sinning against the law of Christ.
Ps 106: Doing righteousness without also sinning.
Rom 2: Doing the law of Christ.
John 8: Go and sin no more.
1 John 3: Repenting of sinning.
Ezek 18: The soul being dead while sinning.
1 John 2: Keeping the commandments of the Lord as written.
Phil 2:12: Having part in their salvation.

The theme being not righteousness, but still sinning.

And since no letter of the law can judge them, then no letter of Scripture can correct their doctrine.

There doctrine being based entirely upon their own personal faith: so long as they believe and justify it, then it is justified, and no amount of Scripture can argue against it, because the letter on paper is now dead, and only their own spirits know what is true and right and good.

The law of God in Scripture is dead, the Bible is dead, and the only Scripture proceeding out of the mouth of God now is between their ears.

No wonder they say their salvation is as secured as money in the bank.

Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And since no letter of the law can judge them, then no letter of Scripture can correct their doctrine.

There doctrine being based entirely upon their own personal faith: so long as they believe and justify it, then it is justified, and no amount of Scripture can argue against it, because the letter on paper is now dead, and only their own spirits know what is true and right and good.

The law of God in Scripture is dead, the Bible is dead, and the only Scripture proceeding out of the mouth of God now is between their ears.

Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
Saved or unsaved, the Lord's discipline can be very severe if that's the only way he can get us to repent of our sin.

Reactions: marks

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What the heck is OSAS Rob?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
What the heck is OSAS Rob?

OSAS :

That is a cult idea that has ruined millions of people who have been robbed by that CULT, through that Phrase, of their understanding of the Grace of God.
This "OSAS" cult, has subverted the truth regarding "gift of Righteousness", into the idea that this GIFT, is "license to sin" when its taught correctly.

In other words, they, these OSAS heretics, Jude speaks about.......have caused the twisted misunderstanding of God's Grace regarding those who are deceived by the OSAS Cult.
This cult causes the religious who are not saved and millions of real believers, to think of the Grace of God, when its taught correctly, is "License to sin".

What these liars do, is tell this lie.....>"they are saying that they can do anything, because they are always saved".
See that?
YET, no real believer has anything to so with such a lie.. But the OSAS cult teach that real believers think and teach that they can do anything, because of God's Grace.

So, this lie is one of the deepest psychological twists that the Devil has ever created to STOP a Believer from understanding the Grace of God, correctly. And if you never understand it correctly, your discipleship is OVER the second you are deceive by this OSAS Cult's twisted theology.
Few who are deceived by this OSAS Cult, can ever come to the place of understanding that God's Salvation is a Gift,, its never earned, and you can't lose this Gift of Salvation because its provided by God and maintained by God, and finished by God.

Let me show you what i mean..

A person who is infected in their mind by the OSAS cult.

They will read...>"God, who BEGAN SALVATION in all the BORN AGAIN......will Himself be FAITHFUL TO COMPLETE IT".

These OSAS infected, these deeply deceived will read...>"GOD HIMSELF will be FAITHFUL to Complete IT".... "IT" is the salvation that He has given to a person who has believed and been born again.

These OSAS Heretics, faith destroyed, ... = will read that verse and REJECT IT., as that is what such deception causes when you have become mind blinded by this OSAS cult , regarding their twisted teaching of God's Grace.

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
OSAS isn't a cult.

OSAS is the foundation principle of the Gospel of Christ.

The enemies of Christ take that fact , free irrevocable gift of faith and salvation by and through the grace of God, and claim that gives a license to sin.

This is a lie.

And nowhere in scripture does there appear anything of the sort.

Just the opposite does appear. Repeatedly.

Those who are eternally irrevocably saved do not make a habit of sinning.

The cult members are those who slander the mission of Jesus and call the gospel a lie when they invent a slur against it, ''OSAS'', as they pervert the truth of eternal salvation by claiming being saved eternally means you can sin with impunity.

That's their satanic doctrine.

Because no such thing is stated in scripture.
But such a thing is demonstrated, dinning with impugnity, by those who are dead in their sins. And wage a war against the gospel by slandering it.

Some of the worst even laugh and mock 'irrevocable'.

It's easy to understand. Salvation from sin is eternal.
The satanic cult members who slander that by claiming it is a license to sin assault,blaspheme, the words of God and his holy spirit as they sin with impugnity by lying about the gospel.

Actual Christians are eternally irrevovably saved. And, '' no one who has God as his Father keeps on sinning, because the seed planted by God remains in him. That is, he cannot continue sinning, because he has God as his Father.''
1 John 3

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OSAS :

That is a cult idea that has ruined millions of people who have been robbed by that CULT, through that Phrase, of their understanding of the Grace of God.
This "OSAS" cult, has subverted the truth regarding "gift of Righteousness", into the idea that this GIFT, is "license to sin" when its taught correctly.

In other words, they, these OSAS heretics, Jude speaks about.......have caused the twisted misunderstanding of God's Grace regarding those who are deceived by the OSAS Cult.
This cult causes the religious who are not saved and millions of real believers, to think of the Grace of God, when its taught correctly, is "License to sin".

What these liars do, is tell this lie.....>"they are saying that they can do anything, because they are always saved".
See that?
YET, no real believer has anything to so with such a lie.. But the OSAS cult teach that real believers think and teach that they can do anything, because of God's Grace.

So, this lie is one of the deepest psychological twists that the Devil has ever created to STOP a Believer from understanding the Grace of God, correctly. And if you never understand it correctly, your discipleship is OVER the second you are deceive by this OSAS Cult's twisted theology.
Few who are deceived by this OSAS Cult, can ever come to the place of understanding that God's Salvation is a Gift,, its never earned, and you can't lose this Gift of Salvation because its provided by God and maintained by God, and finished by God.

Let me show you what i mean..

A person who is infected in their mind by the OSAS cult.

They will read...>"God, who BEGAN SALVATION in all the BORN AGAIN......will Himself be FAITHFUL TO COMPLETE IT".

These OSAS infected, these deeply deceived will read...>"GOD HIMSELF will be FAITHFUL to Complete IT".... "IT" is the salvation that He has given to a person who has believed and been born again.

These OSAS Heretics, faith destroyed, ... = will read that verse and REJECT IT., as that is what such deception causes when you have become mind blinded by this OSAS cult , regarding their twisted teaching of God's Grace.

Rob explained it sir, Once Saved Always Saved. I simply did not understand what he meant by it.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
More nonsense and misrepresentation by Robert Derrick. You have created a dozen or more threads trying to beat this dead horse. So it is now time to quit this nonsense and focus on actual Bible doctrine, not you vain babblings.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Rob explained it sir, Once Saved Always Saved. I simply did not understand what he meant by it.

OSAS....

if this is understood, then it means "eternal security"... but the cult of OSAS, teaches OSAS as this LIE = "you are saying that because you are saved, you can live like the Devil and there is no consequence"..

So, if we look at "eternal security", then that is simply.... "God who started salvation in the born again, will HIMSELF be faithful to complete it".

Philippians 1:6

or, "God who saved you through the Cross of Christ, always keeps you saved through the Cross of Christ''.

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
It is called "the eternal security of the believer", not OSAS. And it is a fundamental part of the Gospel.
Eternal security is eternal salvation of the believer.

SALVATION.
Eternal Irrevocable

Which is to say, once we are saved we are always saved.

OSAS
Though the enemies of the gospel do strain to slander it, the truth of God in Christ stands forever.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Robert.

The gospel of works is the Devil's Gospel.
You are teaching it again.
Paul says that when you do that, you become this... Galatians 1:8

Listen,

IF you are justified by Works, then Tell Jesus to get off that Cross and stop dying for sin.

If you are justified by works, then Christ didn't have to die on the Cross.

If you are justified by works then notice this verse. Titus 3 .. = "NOT by WORKS of righteousness that we have done , but according to GOD's mercy...HE.... SAVED......US"

Reactions: Blue Dragonfly's

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Nice list of verses. I agree. Even those I have talked with who appear to be for holy living in the OSAS camp turn around and double speak that they are sinners (present tense) saved by God's grace and or they admit that 1 John 1:8 is a banner flag in that they will always sin this side of Heaven. Meaning, they believe they are slaves to their sin in this life. But Jesus said that the slave (slave to sin) will not abide in the house forever (See: John 8:34-35). Meaning, the slave to sin will not abide in the house of Christ forever. We learn more about this in Matthew 13:41-42 where the angels of Jesus gather out those who do iniquity and cast them into the furnace of fire (i.e. the Lake of Fire).

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To all:

OSAS (Once Saved Always Saved) ultimately leads a person to think they can sin and still be saved on some level. There are some who act like they are against OSAS (calling it a cult), and yet they also believe you can sin and still be saved, too. Generally this would be Free Will Baptists. They believe you can fall away by no longer believing, but yet they don't believe sin can separate you from God. The one poster (Behold) in this thread appears to be against OSAS, but he is still for the idea that you can sin and still be saved (Which is the same problem of OSAS). Behold is against confessing sins even. He just believes you need to believe in Jesus for salvation and he talks about being born again a lot. But Behold speaks against doing good or living holy as a part of our salvation. So that means he is for doing evil and or living unholy as a part of salvation if he is not for doing good or living holy in our inheriting eternal life. It all comes down to people justifying sin under God's grace. That is what is happening on a rapid scale today in Christianity. Some are good at hiding it. Others are more blatant and open about it.

If you are pure of heart and truly desire to do good with the Lord: Don't be fooled.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Robert.

The gospel of works is the Devil's Gospel.
You are teaching it again.
Paul says that when you do that, you become this... Galatians 1:8

Listen,

IF you are justified by Works, then Tell Jesus to get off that Cross and stop dying for sin.

If you are justified by works, then Christ didn't have to die on the Cross.

If you are justified by works then notice this verse. Titus 3 .. = "NOT by WORKS of righteousness that we have done , but according to GOD's mercy...HE.... SAVED......US"

You are confusing Initial Salvation with the Secondary Aspect of Salvation.

For there are two aspects of salvation taught in the Bible.

#1. We are first saved by God's grace through faith without works (Ephesians 2:8-9) in our INITIAL Salvation (Ephesians 2:1).

#2. After we are saved by God's grace (in our Initial Salvation): God has chosen us to salvation through the Sanctification of the Spirit and a belief of the truth (Which is a call of the gospel) (See: 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14 if you don't believe me). Romans 8:13 also confirms the truth that we must live holy by the Spirit in order to live (i.e. to have eternal life). For we are told to follow after holiness and peace with all men without which no man shall see the Lord (See: Hebrews 12:14).

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

OSAS is clearly a false doctrine. It means that once you are saved, you cannot become unsaved (You are: Once Saved Always Saved). So in OSAS: sin cannot separate you from God. Being unfruitful cannot separate you from God. Some preachers (like Charles Stanley) will go so far as to say that a later unbelief in God and or later rejection of Christ cannot make you unsaved even (as long as you had an initial genuine point of salvation with Jesus).

There are Hyper Grace OSAS Folk: These types will say that you practice murder, rape, commit theft, idolatry, and still be saved. I have talked with these types before and they are scary. George Sodini is one such popular Hyper Gracer who murdered some people and took his own life thinking he was saved by a belief alone in Jesus as His Savior (without works).

There are Partial Hyper Grace OSAS Folk: These types will say you cannot practice murder, rape, theft, etcetera or you were never born again to begin with. But then they double-speak and say that they are either sinners (present tense) saved by grace or they believe 1 John 1:8 is saying that they will always sin this side of Heaven. Many in this camp will say that a believer backsliding into a life of sin are saved (Which again is contradictory). Many will say in this camp that suicide is not a sin that leads to hell for a believer. So they don't have a consistent standard of morality. Generally, they also never admit what kind of sins they can commit on occasion as being a slave to their sin this side of heaven, either. Some believe confession of sin is necessary and others do not believe it is necessary.

Then there is the Free Will Baptist crowd who deny OSAS and yet they believe you can sin and still be saved. Free Will Baptists believe that going back to the state of unbelief is the only thing that can cause you to lose your salvation. Some like poster “Behold” are a mystery or oddity to the norm. They are against OSAS and yet they are against doing good as a part of God's plan of salvation. So his belief appears to be similar to Free Will Baptists (But it may be slightly different).

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Baptists tend to believe in OSAS.
They are called Baptists because in the early Baptist church years, they wanted to distinguish themselves from various churches that held to infant baptism like the Catholic church. For baptist churches believe that only a conscious believer who has accepted Jesus as their Savior can be water baptized (Which is something I agree is true for the early church). Infant baptism is indeed false.

While I would not stand in the way of a believer wanting to be water baptized, I believe Spirit baptism is the New Covenant form of baptism for believers in Jesus Christ. Paul says he comes not to baptize, but to preach the gospel (1 Corinthians 1:17).

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is why I am non-denominational.
Most Bible alone believing churches are for some kind of sin and still be saved type belief in some way.