What Should We Do?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was just having a private conversation with somebody else on another Christian forum. We both can't stand animal abusers. That's when I started feeling like a bad Christian because I said that I wish the people that purposely burn cats and dogs would burn themselves in Hell. :( I repented after it just because I know that we're supposed to love our neighbors and pray for them anyways, and I know that God forgave me for it but it's just so bloody hard sometimes!! These idiots make me sick when they start picking on defenseless animals!! :mad: God has to understand that it makes me angry right? I'm just not quite sure how to handle these mixed emotions right now. :/ Cause honestly sometimes I don't think the human race deserves pets and it makes me disgusted to be a part of them. :(

Reactions: DuckieLady

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I was just having a private conversation with somebody else on another Christian forum. We both can't stand animal abusers. That's when I started feeling like a bad Christian because I said that I wish the people that purposely burn cats and dogs would burn themselves in Hell. :( I repented after it just because I know that we're supposed to love our neighbors and pray for them anyways, and I know that God forgave me for it but it's just so bloody hard sometimes!! These idiots make me sick when they start picking on defenseless animals!! :mad: God has to understand that it makes me angry right? I'm just not quite sure how to handle these mixed emotions right now. :/ Cause honestly sometimes I don't think the human race deserves pets and it makes me disgusted to be a part of them. :(
How do you think God feels A_R?..... sees it all....the planning, the abuse of not just animals but small children and all innocents and yet he holds out his hands with a long suffering we know nothing about.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you think God feels A_R?..... sees it all....the planning, the abuse of not just animals but small children and all innocents and yet he holds out his hands with a long suffering we know nothing about.

Yeah, I'm glad you brought that up because I hate child abuse too and this song never fails to tear me up. :'(

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Did you know animal abuse is mentioned in the Bible? God gives the donkey the ability to talk, so the donkey straight up talks to the guy and sets him straight- and then an angel of the Lord defends the donkey and sets him straight, too. (Numbers 22:21-39)

The angel of the Lord asked him, “Why have you beaten your donkey these three times? I have come here to oppose you because your path is a reckless one before me. The donkey saw me and turned away from me these three times. If it had not turned away, I would certainly have killed you by now, but I would have spared it.”

I think that the best thing anyone can do to take action is to volunteer at a shelter or foster a pet. I remember I took in a stray and took him to a lady for his shots/get him fixed up because he was a mess, and she asked if I would volunteer. I said I couldn't because I was moving across the country, but she told me the next week they were expecting 300 more cats to come in the next day. (WHOO.)

I have six cats now, and from that experience, I think when my kids are older I would really like to volunteer at a shelter. Man's first job was to care for the earth and God's creatures. :) Some people are disappointing and mentally ill.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have actually read that story before and I have volunteered at an animal shelter before cuddling cats and playing with them as well as doing the same with dogs and walking them. :)

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After all of this though I still can't help myself from asking why do these things happen? Why would anybody allow it? Why would God allow it? I really hate admitting it but that music video that I posted on here has me doubting God and getting a bit upset with Him. That music video was based on a true story of a girl that wasn't saved in time btw. :(

https://www.wideopencountry.com/alyssa-lies-the-story-behind-jason-michael-carrolls-tragic-song/

aw.. I watched the video and read the story.

The truth is just that this is a fallen, sinful world. God doesn't always interfere where we want him to. There's been lots of times where we all probably ask God "Why didn't you stop it?"

I'll give you an example. I had a gun in my face - and worse. Much worse happened. That guy got everything he wanted, ended up wealthy, and was able to call me years and years later to rub it in my face and harass me more and degrade me for not having a home. Things like that, too, will make you question where God is and wonder where his justice is.

Seems like she wasn't saved in time, but children are innocent, and nobody with Jesus is suffering. On earth there is always suffering. It isn't always comforting to think things like that because it doesn't seem right, but we see on the ground while God has the bird's eye view. He knows who to spare from this world and bring them safe into his arms.

But it isn't so much that God allows these things or he isn't paying attention, but because he knows that this life is blink in the eye of eternity, and we are all just grass; we're here for a moment and then we wither away.

As far as the abusers go, you can see it in their eyes sometimes, it seems like it is not the person but something demonic in them that feeds a sense of power. Sometimes, while it is NOT easy.. seriously, it's not, the best thing you can do is pray for them.

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As far as the abusers go, you can see it in their eyes sometimes, it seems like it is not the person but something demonic in them that feeds a sense of power. Sometimes, while it is NOT easy.. seriously, it's not, the best thing you can do is pray for them.

Wow, that's really scary of what all happened to you, I don't know how you can wake up every day now and not have that at least in the back of your mind. Although, like a lot of troubles that I've had in this lifetime, I also imagine your faith has helped make you stronger though. As for praying for my enemies, I do it,.. but you're right it definitely isn't easy when I can't help thoughts back in my mind of wanting them to suffer for what they did. Especially if they go around harming innocent animals and children. :(

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, that's really scary of what all happened to you, I don't know how you can wake up every day now and not have that at least in the back of your mind. Although, like a lot of troubles that I've had in this lifetime, I also imagine your faith has helped make you stronger though. As for praying for my enemies, I do it,.. but you're right it definitely isn't easy when I can't help thoughts back in my mind of wanting them to suffer for what they did. Especially if they go around harming innocent animals and children. :(

Easily! It was scary, but God is in control and I believe he protected me through more than what I went through. We can never really tell how much worse it could have been. You also have to make a decision that that is not your identity. Whatever suffering you have ever gone through, is not you.

If I gave him any control over my life today, I would still be in bondage, both emotionally and spiritually, to him and whatever was in him that caused him to be like that. So I don't. We become new in Christ and he becomes our identity - that is what makes us stronger.

No, it's not easy. It's really difficult to pray for people who act so horrid. But sometimes we have to put our feelings behind us and just what we know in our hearts is right, even if we're not really feeling it. It's like forgiveness. Forgiving someone doesn't mean that you won't feel anger or pain, or hurt, or whatever. Human emotions are natural and we can't just "shut them off" because we're told to. It just means you won't hold over their heads any longer - to let it go. Interestingly, the word forgive comes from the Greek word "aphiemi" which means to basically "let go, release, etc"

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know you actually make a really good point. Forgiving somebody doesn't actually mean that we can't be angry about what they have done. It doesn't even mean that they shouldn't get punished for it. It just means letting go.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know you actually make a really good point. Forgiving somebody doesn't actually mean that we can't be angry about what they have done. It doesn't even mean that they shouldn't get punished for it. It just means letting go.
Exactly! Bible talks a lot about justice and I am a strong believer in righteous anger. "Be angry and do not sin." Jesus was pretty angry when he was flipping tables over and stuff, for example. That was righteous anger.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly! Bible talks a lot about justice and I am a strong believer in righteous anger. "Be angry and do not sin." Jesus was pretty angry when he was flipping tables over and stuff, for example. That was righteous anger.

That's when they were selling stuff in the temple right?