what was the last specific doctrine you wrong about?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you admit it and change your belief? Sola scriptural was a doctrine I used to believe in. Also Jonathan Edwards depiction of God. How about you?
Here is another - I used to believe the Medici popes didn't know about the indulgences being collected by local bishops - not that niave anymore. Luther had a good point - too bad for his wicked temper - his 99 thesis was exactly what the church needed to hear

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
I used to believe..

1. our souls were awake after death.
2. in a seven year trib and that Dan 9:27 was future.
3. that hell was eternal.
4. that we did not have free will.

I know now that all these come from mythology, fantasy, and the spirit of the antichrist.
And I thank God every day that He never gave me the spirit of NON-OSAS,
thinking God could throw His children into the lake of fire is beyond me.

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
Used to believe in once saved always saved.

Foolish really, it is contrary to free will and only feeds the no true Scotsman fallacy.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
I used to believe...

1. Hell was a place of eternal 'torture'.
2. that God hates His enemies
3. faith was needed for healing and prosperity
4. God limited His omniscience for us to have free will

I now know that

1. God loves His enemies and has never tortured anyone.
2. Faith for God to print paper money or make one leg longer then the other is a mockery of Christian faith.
3. God does not need to limit anything, we have free will from God being who He is. It is not in Him to do evil. No free will is evil. Our brain capacity is the limiting factor. It cannot grasp how God is a holy, omniscient and omnipotent fire of good all at the same time. But, He is.

Reactions: aspen

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
pom2014 said:
Used to believe in once saved always saved.

Foolish really, it is contrary to free will and only feeds the no true Scotsman fallacy.
If the lake of fire is God's wrath and believers are not appointed to wrath, then 1+1=2. Rom 8:33 ESV, Rom 8:38-39 ESV, Eph 1:13-14 NIV, Eph 4:30 NIV.

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
ATP said:
If the lake of fire is God's wrath and believers are not appointed to wrath, then 1+1=2. Rom 8:33 ESV, Rom 8:38-39 ESV, Eph 1:13-14 NIV, Eph 4:30 NIV.
What is the reward for blasphemy towards the Holy Ghost?

Should I call in the piper and have him get the bag filled with air?

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
pom2014 said:
What is the reward for blasphemy towards the Holy Ghost?

Should I call in the piper and have him get the bag filled with air?
The unpardonable sin is nonbelievers taking their unbelief to their grave. This doesn't apply to believers.

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
ATP said:
The unpardonable sin is nonbelievers taking their unbelief to their grave. This doesn't apply to believers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1ggDA5EUlo

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The unpardonable sin is blaspheming the Holy Spirit, i.e.; Knowingly attributing the works of the Holy Spirit to Satan as the Pharisees came close to doing in Matthew 12:24. Jesus warned them about this in v25-32.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I too repented of an OEC in favor of YEC within the last few years. The Lord guided me to the truth after I started sharing my false belief with another that the translation for days should have been less specific as to be any period of time (a while).

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
My only Achilles heel to YEC is man living with dinosaurs. Otherwise I enjoy watching the hard time they give evolutionists :lol:.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
thinking God could throw His children into the lake of fire is beyond me.

Yet scripture says it's going to happen:

Rev_20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:

Scripture doesn't define the unforgivable sin the way you have:

Mat_12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

Luk_12:10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KingJ said:
1. God loves His enemies and has never tortured anyone.
Burning people til they are dead is torture. See the story of Sodom.

2. Faith for God to print paper money or make one leg longer then the other is a mockery of Christian faith.
I don't think asking for medical miracles is wrong. Asking to be prettier or other vain things would be.

3. God does not need to limit anything, we have free will from God being who He is. It is not in Him to do evil. No free will is evil. Our brain capacity is the limiting factor. It cannot grasp how God is a holy, omniscient and omnipotent fire of good all at the same time. But, He is.

God has the right and authority to limit himself if he chooses. Who are we to say he cannot do that or cannot do anything?

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
ewq1938 said:
Yet scripture says it's going to happen:

Rev_20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
And those not written in the book of life are nonbelievers, those who are not born again.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
And those not written in the book of life are nonbelievers, those who are not born again.

You said you didn't believe God would toss his own children in the fire but he does. They are the unsaved children of God.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
ewq1938 said:
You said you didn't believe God would toss his own children in the fire but he does. They are the unsaved children of God.
The unsaved are not God's children. They are actually His enemies.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
The unsaved are not God's children. They are actually His enemies.
As long as you agree God does toss people he has created into the fire then we agree.