Whatever happened to the simple Gospel message on salvation and heaven and hell?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Now that is a really enigmatic question. Mark? Do you mean Mark the evangelist, who wrote the Gospel of Mark? If so God gave us His Word through Mark, and Mark was simply the writer (scribe), whereas God was the Author. Every word in the NT is a word of God (2 Tim 3:16).

He means Mark = himself...that is his name..he is proving his point ..check his post #11 again.

:)

Reactions: Nancy

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He means Mark = himself...that is his name..he is proving his point ..check his post #11 again.

:)
OK. Got it. But he gave me his word that he would answer my question. So, fine, go ahead Mark, tell us about what Mark the Gospel writer had to say about the true Gospel.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Popularity and prosperity became more important than Gospel truth because the Great Apostasy had taken over the majority of churches worldwide.

The sad truth is that on Christian forums today there are more heresies being promoted than sound doctrine, and the true and full Gospel of Christ. The same is true for many *Christian* websites, broadcasts, podcasts, and TV programs. All of this was already predicted by the apostle Paul, and we are seeing it all around us.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.... This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away... Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron...(2 Tim 4:3,4; 3:1-5; 1 Tim 4:1,2)

Maybe that is why the last church in Revelation was judged as lukewarm in saying "I am rich, increased with goods, and have need of nothing" when in fact they were "wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:".

When the churches turn to tithes and pledges of givings rather than to God to raise up cheerful givers, it is no wonder why congregational members go home looking to money rather than God to provide as it is no wonder why our government bailed out the banks at the expense of the tax payers with no strings attached for the banks to not do that again in getting themselves in that mess. In spite of the bail out, banks foreclosed on homes still.

If they ever try again to remove "In God We Trust" from our currency, don't be surprised if it happens without any one noticing it in the news.

As it is, there are other apostasy out there including the other calling to receive the Holy Spirit apart from salvation by a sign of tongues. And it doesn't end there when there are other calling to receive the Holy Spirit again and again and again after other sensational signs in the flesh which is of confusion.

Then there are religious callings of men to make a commitment to follow Christ FOR the assurance of salvation by the Graham's Crusade. As if that yoke is not enough to "make" christians obedient by the flesh in keeping that commitment, the Promise Keepers' program is added to that yoke. And still it is not enough. No one understands how the just is to live only by faith in Him as our Good Shepherd to help us discern iniquity to depart from them in following Him, but they become doubleminded in doing the best they can when they should be relying on Him all the time by faith alone. They believe in the power of a promise kept, but not in the real power that can only come from Christ & all His promises to us by faith in Him alone.

Then you have the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life that can set the standard for children through Barbie dolls and Action figures of what is publicly acceptable and appealing. That can set the tones for why thespians are tempted to love the outward appearance, the creature, more than the Creator, that God would give them up to a reprobate mind to do that which is not convenient; homosexuality. As there are unclean spirits in the world, and Simon the sorcerer has afflicted the people in Samaria with unclean spirits, can we say that thespians needs our prayers more than politicians for God to not only protect thespians from them but deliver those already afflicted from them as well?

Yeah... signs of the times... which is why God is judging His House first at the pre great trib rapture event to restore the wayward to the path of righteousness for His name's sake even if it means they get left behind to be given unto Satan for the destruction of their flesh in saving their souls.

1 Corinthians 5:4-5

No one in unrepentant iniquity will be allowed to attend the Marriage supper in Heaven when the Bridegroom comes.

1 Corinthians 5:11

Which is why the call to repentance is given even to former believers that still have His seal as He is faithful to continue to abide even in those left behind to die in becoming vessels unto dishonor in His House.

2 Timothy 2:18-21

Reactions: Enoch111

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Now that we have this out of the way, why don't you tell us exactly what the true Gospel is? Since you gave your word, let's see if you keep it.

It will be interesting to read what he says. :)

My nutshell verse for the Good New Gospel is -
2 Corinthians 5:19 "To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. "

Reactions: Enoch111

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because they finally woke up and realised the Heaven and Hell were NOT the Gospel message!

" CHRIST and Him crucified "is the Good News of The Kingdom.
Oh really?
Jesus saves!
That's the good News of the Gospel.
He saves us from hell and gives us heaven instead.

If you walk around saying "Christ and him crucified", most people would have no idea what you mean.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again...you bring them to the centre...they are not the centre..never have been.
If you have that thought line, then you must carry it further...
What you are in fact implying is "they are of great importance"
So..taking it further beings us to..
"Because of heaven or hell God created Adam and put him in the garden."

I read nowhere where God then said to Adam-" And the most important thing now is heaven and hell".

God made man for Himself.. His whole Plan from the Garden onward was a people for Himself, and a future Bride for Himself.

The Good News/Gospel is brought to earth was " Emanuel God with us.."
No mention of heaven and hell. For they are not any part of the Gospel.
Ive read that Jesus spoke about hell more than anyone else.
And that's not part of the gospel?
Then why was he wasting his time on it?

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It will be interesting to read what he says. :)

My nutshell verse for the Good New Gospel is -
2 Corinthians 5:19 "To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. "
"If you believe in your heart that Jesus is Lord, and confess with your mouth that he rose from the dead, then you will be saved".
Who can understand imputing,hath, and reconciliation?
Most people (yes, most) don't have that kind of vocabulary.
The Gospel is quite simple, as I have quoted it here.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whatever happened to the simple Gospel message on salvation and heaven and hell? King Jesus is ready to return and we need to be ready to meet Him!! Today you can sit in many of today's "churches" and never hear the words hell, Jesus will return soon, heaven, confess and repent, judgment day is almost here. What you do hear taught is ==I am OK and you are OK lets just all get along and be happy and forget about the Truth of God's Word about sin and it's cost=death and hell.

Same thing that happened to a log cabin education - as time passes, people learn new ideas and new ways of expressing their spirituality. Just because you see no connection between doctrine and liturgy and scholarship, with loving God and neighbor (the gospel) doesnt mean others do

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh really?
Jesus saves!
That's the good News of the Gospel.
He saves us from hell and gives us heaven instead.

If you walk around saying "Christ and him crucified", most people would have no idea what you mean.

Sometimes you talk twaddle Rolly.

The message of the Gospel is reconciliation.
"Peace on earth, good will toward man. "

Not 'serve Me or go to hell.'

The Good News is that God wants to be rejoined to His man that He created...communication got 'broken' in the Garden..In Christ Crucified God is all about reconciliation and- " breaking down the middle wall of partition between us"

"Christ and Him crucified" was a good enough message for Paul..so it is good enough for me. You should try it sometime...and not worry about whether anybody know what you are talking about. It is the Holy Spirit who speaks to them anyway...not 'you.'

The Gospel :-
2 Cor 5:19 "To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto US the word of reconciliation."

Heaven or hell are side issues...they are not God formular for the gospel.

Jesus told them to- " Heal the sick, raise the dead, and tell them , the kingdom of God is nigh thee "

Do you read anything about heaven or hell in the message that Jesus gave them, and sent them out with? NO...because it isn't there.

Last edited:
Reactions: aspen

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Good News is that God wants to be rejoined to His man that He created...communication got 'broken' in the Garden..In Christ Crucified God is all about reconciliation and- " breaking down the middle wall of partition between us"

"Christ and Him crucified" was a good enough message for Paul..it is goos enough for me. You should try it sometime...and not worry about whether anybody know what you are talking about. It is the Holy Spirit who speaks to them anyway...not 'you.'

2 Cor 5:19 "To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto US the word of reconciliation."

Jesus told them to- " Heal the sick, raise the dead, and tell them , the kingdom of God is nigh thee "

Do you read anything about heaven or hell in the message that Jesus gave them, and sent them out with? NO...because it isn't there.

‘Sometimes you talk twaddle Rolly’

OMG I am dying of laughter! LOL

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"If you believe in your heart that Jesus is Lord, and confess with your mouth that he rose from the dead, then you will be saved".
Who can understand imputing,hath, and reconciliation?
Most people (yes, most) don't have that kind of vocabulary.
The Gospel is quite simple, as I have quoted it here.

Oh silly me, I didn't know that this thread was all about which translation of bible we used. :rolleyes:

Okay, fine, lets just use you quotes instead. Romans 10
9 " That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

YOU quoted it!!

So show me WHERE heaven and Hell are mentioned here??????????

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh silly me, I didn't know that this thread was all about which translation of bible we used. :rolleyes:

9 " That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

YOU quoted it!!

:) Yes, its Creation, Reconciliation, Redemption.........NOT Creation, Reconciliation, Redemption.....and the lake of fire for everyone else. That hell fire, "serve me or go to hell" doctrine is a sure fire way to get a non-believer to not want to give you the light of day. It makes God look no better than any despot that ever existed in history and I can't stand it.

Reactions: Helen

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"Christ and Him crucified" was a good enough message for Paul..so it is good enough for me. You should try it sometime...and not worry about whether anybody know what you are talking about. It is the Holy Spirit who speaks to them anyway...not 'you.'

Jesus never spoke about hell?
That's a new one on me.

Reactions: GodsGrace

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

YOU quoted it!!

I can show you where the words imputing, hath, and reconciliation are not there.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus never spoke about hell?
That's a new one on me.

I can see why others get irritated at you...You add to people's post something that they never said!!

WHERE in my post did I SAY that Jesus did never speak of hell? WHERE???

POST #32
I quoted part of Luke 10.
Jesus sent them out with the gospel.
"After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come. .... And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you."

Then I asked:- < Do you read anything about heaven or hell in the message that Jesus gave them, and sent them out with?
NO...because it isn't there. >

You only read what you want to read...and you see things that are not even there to be seen!! o_O

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right on Enoch111

The Gospel of the Kingdom, is the Good News that, By and Through the Truth of Gods Word, who Is Christ Jesus, the Whole World was/is being given an Invitation For the Lord To Be their Lord, and Thee Lord God Almighty To Be their God.

God IS Just.
ALL which Was Secret is revealed And an offering made To the Whole World.

The Consequence For A man electing To Choose THEE Lord God Almighty IS revealed.

The Consequence For A man electing To Reject Choosing THEE Lord God Almighty IS Revealed.

Why Should a Preacher Not Speak of the Precise Options and Consequences God Himself offers?

Isn't the bottom line, God IS Just?
Every individual man has FREEWILL to make his own choices, and our Just Lord God Almighty Will cause every individual mans choices To be fulfilled.

A teachers job, a preachers job is to teach and preach the whole Truth, not only Their OWN personal choice, but rather the Options God afforded them and the Consequences they can expect, For their Choices.

Because the fact is.... there are no excuses, for a man to be experiencing his own choice for him to say...." hum I didn't know it was going to be like this "...

Hum, sorry dude. Sorry you chose a teacher who didn't tell you And you didn't bother to seek Gods Word for yourself and change Teachers.

Bummer, you made a choice without all the facts.

God Bless,
Taken