Whatever happened to the simple Gospel message on salvation and heaven and hell?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes you talk twaddle Rolly.

The message of the Gospel is reconciliation.
"Peace on earth, good will toward man. "

Not 'serve Me or go to hell.'

The Good News is that God wants to be rejoined to His man that He created...communication got 'broken' in the Garden..In Christ Crucified God is all about reconciliation and- " breaking down the middle wall of partition between us"

"Christ and Him crucified" was a good enough message for Paul..so it is good enough for me. You should try it sometime...and not worry about whether anybody know what you are talking about. It is the Holy Spirit who speaks to them anyway...not 'you.'

The Gospel :-
2 Cor 5:19 "To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto US the word of reconciliation."

Heaven or hell are side issues...they are not God formular for the gospel.

Jesus told them to- " Heal the sick, raise the dead, and tell them , the kingdom of God is nigh thee "

Do you read anything about heaven or hell in the message that Jesus gave them, and sent them out with? NO...because it isn't there.

ByGrace: I just wanted to add a little trivia where an expression you have used in your post is the modified meaning from what is written in scripture since the Mid 1800s. It is relevant to your conversation.

There was poem written by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow around December 1863. It was dedicated to his family to his wife that died in a fire and his son that was killed in the Civil War and others. It was published in 1865 entitled ‘Christmas Bells.’

Unfortunately, the expression he wrote in his quintain, the last line of each 5-stanza ‘Of peace on earth, good-will to men!’ stuck too well along with the already mistranslation in the KJV Bible. It created a false and misleading interpretation of scripture where he sourced it from.

In Luke 2:14, The angel said that God wished ONLY those that pleased him, peace while they were living on the earth. God never said he wished all people peace on earth! Jesus said there would be no peace because of the truth he presented, that only believers would understand. They would be blessed with the peace of God.

Note the KJV made a mess of the translation. Over 90 percent of the Bible translation have it right ending in phrases like ‘whom He is well pleased,’ ‘to men of good will’ ‘good pleasure in men,’ ‘to those that have his good will’ 'people who enjoy his favor’ ….etc.

(Luk 2:14) Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. (KJV)

(Luk 2:14) Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those in whom He is well pleased. (NEV)

(Mat 10:34) Think not that I came to send peace on the earth. I came not to send peace but a sword. (NEV)

Most people at Christmas speak and sing hymns with the same Longfellow and KJV meaning, and translation the same peace on earth and goodwill towards all men in total ignorance of scripture.

Do you think anyone cares, or it will be changed? I know the difference and that is all that matters.

If I pray for peace on earth it is only geared towards the righteous folks in Christ. These are the people we pray about– to our brothers and sisters in Christ. Peace!

Bless you,

APAK

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thanks for that info, obviously I did not know any of that. @APAK

( but, I now I know why my old dad told me to stick to the king James. It say what I want it to say!

LaughingSmiley.gif

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
APAK ~

Agree.

Thee Gospel IS about the Good News a Division Has come....and A Solution, Gods Solution....Via Gods Graceful Offering For all men.

It is not about God saying "serve me of go to Hell " but rather...

About ... Gods Plan;
Which plainly is To;
Cleanse and Restore, the Corruption of His Heaven, His Earth, and Openly Dwell In unpretentious Peace and Harmony WITH His Holy Angels that were created To Serve Him and His created mankind that were created To be His People, co-inhabitants in His likeness and Friends With Him.

His Plan of Division Is in motion....He is giving mankind the Knowledge And Opportunity for every individual To make an informed decision TO Choose;

TO Be With or Without Him. Period!

And the knowledge Revealesd notifies every individual Exactly what It means To Forever BE With Him or Without Him.

The choice of A man Standing With or Without God is every individual mans own FREEWILL Choice.

The choice of A man To discover and Learn the Knowledge God has Revealed Is also A mans own individual choice.

A man choosing his standing With God IS choosing an eternal Life of Peace and Harmony With His God and other men who have chosen the Same.

AND men who choose to stand Against God have freely chosen To Be Without God.

There is no in between. It is With or Without God. And God has Prepared an eternal place for each.

God Bless Our True and Faithful Lord.
And for those who can not Believe without seeing....WAIT and SEE if His Plan revealed in His Word does not come to pass....and once His Word Has come to Pass....
Will you be the man full of Joy for having Trusted His Word....or the man full of pride and stubbornness saying....whoops?

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whatever happened to the simple Gospel message on salvation and heaven and hell? King Jesus is ready to return and we need to be ready to meet Him!! Today you can sit in many of today's "churches" and never hear the words hell, Jesus will return soon, heaven, confess and repent, judgment day is almost here. What you do hear taught is ==I am OK and you are OK lets just all get along and be happy and forget about the Truth of God's Word about sin and it's cost=death and hell.

I see your point and believe it is a valid point.

A Division is already in the works.
Mankind have choices to make.
All the Facts have been revealed for a man to make an Informed Decision To Stand With or Without The Lord God Almighty.

And agree, A Teacher/ Preachers Job IS to Teach and Preach All the Facts for every individual To Hear and Make their own choices Based on the Whole Truth According To Gods Word.

God Bless,
Taken

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ByGrace: I just wanted to add a little trivia where an expression you have used in your post is the modified meaning from what is written in scripture since the Mid 1800s. It is relevant to your conversation.

There was poem written by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow around December 1863. It was dedicated to his family to his wife that died in a fire and his son that was killed in the Civil War and others. It was published in 1865 entitled ‘Christmas Bells.’

Unfortunately, the expression he wrote in his quintain, the last line of each 5-stanza ‘Of peace on earth, good-will to men!’ stuck too well along with the already mistranslation in the KJV Bible. It created a false and misleading interpretation of scripture where he sourced it from.

In Luke 2:14, The angel said that God wished ONLY those that pleased him, peace while they were living on the earth. God never said he wished all people peace on earth! Jesus said there would be no peace because of the truth he presented, that only believers would understand. They would be blessed with the peace of God.

Note the KJV made a mess of the translation. Over 90 percent of the Bible translation have it right ending in phrases like ‘whom He is well pleased,’ ‘to men of good will’ ‘good pleasure in men,’ ‘to those that have his good will’ 'people who enjoy his favor’ ….etc.

(Luk 2:14) Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. (KJV)

(Luk 2:14) Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those in whom He is well pleased. (NEV)

(Mat 10:34) Think not that I came to send peace on the earth. I came not to send peace but a sword. (NEV)

Most people at Christmas speak and sing hymns with the same Longfellow and KJV meaning, and translation the same peace on earth and goodwill towards all men in total ignorance of scripture.

Do you think anyone cares, or it will be changed? I know the difference and that is all that matters.

If I pray for peace on earth it is only geared towards the righteous folks in Christ. These are the people we pray about– to our brothers and sisters in Christ. Peace!

Bless you,

APAK
Thanks
Good point
I learn something new every day

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Once again...you bring them to the centre...they are not the centre..never have been.
If you have that thought line, then you must carry it further...
What you are in fact implying is "they are of great importance"
So..taking it further beings us to..
"Because of heaven or hell God created Adam and put him in the garden."

I read nowhere where God then said to Adam-" And the most important thing now is heaven and hell".

God made man for Himself.. His whole Plan from the Garden onward was a people for Himself, and a future Bride for Himself.

The Good News/Gospel is brought to earth was " Emanuel God with us.."
No mention of heaven and hell. For they are not any part of the Gospel.
Isn't the good news the New Covenant?
We are lost and through Jesus we can be reconciled to God and besaved.
Saved from what?
Hell is where God is not. Isn't this one of the things Jesus came to save us from and teach us how Not to end up there?

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes you talk twaddle Rolly.

The message of the Gospel is reconciliation.
"Peace on earth, good will toward man. "

Not 'serve Me or go to hell.'

The Good News is that God wants to be rejoined to His man that He created...communication got 'broken' in the Garden..In Christ Crucified God is all about reconciliation and- " breaking down the middle wall of partition between us"

"Christ and Him crucified" was a good enough message for Paul..so it is good enough for me. You should try it sometime...and not worry about whether anybody know what you are talking about. It is the Holy Spirit who speaks to them anyway...not 'you.'

The Gospel :-
2 Cor 5:19 "To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto US the word of reconciliation."

Heaven or hell are side issues...they are not God formular for the gospel.

Jesus told them to- " Heal the sick, raise the dead, and tell them , the kingdom of God is nigh thee "

Do you read anything about heaven or hell in the message that Jesus gave them, and sent them out with? NO...because it isn't there.
Twaddle - a word most often used as being childish in some way or another.
In other words, you are fed up with me.
Sorry Helen, I'll keep my distance.

and I see stranger is fed up with me too.

Maybe it comes from debating the same subjects over and over for years
Maybe it come from threads like my guns and killing thread
My main point of us building a relationship with God is over looked because arguing about guns seems to be more interesting to everyone
why?
I don't know.

I've long thought my days are numbered here on any forum.o bring joy and laughter
I still write on 3 different forums right now.

I guess being disabled, I got nothing else to do, no one else to talk to.
But though you don't like my joking, I still like to joke.
and throw in a good Scripture here and there.

Romans 12:9 says "Let love be genuine."]
I am genuinely trying to bring joy and laughter into our conversations.
But you are all too serious, as though Calvin or whatever was necessary to be saved.
Love Jesus and you'll be saved.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Hell is where God is not. Isn't this one of the things Jesus came to save us from and teach us how Not to end up there?
sure, but notice how the "there" has been made into a literal place, and at the same time the "when" has been assumed to be "after you literally die."

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I guess being disabled, I got nothing else to do, no one else to talk to.
But though you don't like my joking, I still like to joke.
and throw in a good Scripture here and there.

Romans 12:9 says "Let love be genuine."]
I am genuinely trying to bring joy and laughter into our conversations.
But you are all too serious, as though Calvin or whatever was necessary to be saved.
Love Jesus and you'll be saved.

Not at all. ( BOLD above) And you know it! Neither did I say that I was fed up with you!! You have added that!!!
What I was arguing about was with you adding something into your posts and saying something that I didn't say! Again you did it here...my quote in red.

And I didn't say that I did not like your joking...you added that.

I said that Jesus didn't talk about hell in Luke when He sent them out with His message..
*When Jesus sent them out two by two...He never told them to scare people into loving God by preaching hell!!!

He never said for them to talk about Hell... Jesus told them.. :-
"To heal the sick..and say "the kingdom of God is neigh thee."

That was my argument. That was what I called twaddle.

I thought a discussion was a two way street...? Yes/No?
So, you don't mind yanking my chain, but I am not allowed to yank yours? :oops:

( I am British, we use the word Twaddling....meaning " rubbish"or "hot air". )

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
sure, but notice how the "there" has been made into a literal place, and at the same time the "when" has been assumed to be "after you literally die."
Hell could also be here on Earth and all the more if we don't obey God,,,just from natural ocurrances that come about due to disobedience.

But I also believe it's a literal place. Wherever God isn't, that's hell.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I said that Jesus didn't talk about hell in Luke when He sent them out with His message..
What happened during the earthly ministry of Christ cannot be used as an example of what should be preached today. We have the entire and complete Word of God, therefore we know more about the fate of those who are unsaved and the meaning of Hell, the Lake of Fire, and the Second Death.
He never said for them to talk about Hell...
Perhaps not in that context, but did Christ Himself preach and teach on Hell? Absolutely. And is He our example in all things? Absolutely. So kindly pay close attention to this:

MARK 9 KJB
42 And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.
43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. [verse expunged by modern bible versions]
45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.[verse expunged by modern bible versions]
47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

[verse expunged by modern bible versions]

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For most people it is easier to effectively say "Give us a king" and go on their own merry way to wherever it is that they are going.

Yes, and they are perfectly willing to create their own King...in the likeness of men.

Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
We have the entire and complete Word of God
but you have demonstrated that you do not even understand what Word is,
not to mention that you cannot Quote from the Gospel Of Thomas, etc. Jannes and Jambres, or the many other Scriptures referenced in the Bible, that you cannot access.

Gospel = Word

Reactions: Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now that is a really enigmatic question. Mark? Do you mean Mark the evangelist, who wrote the Gospel of Mark? If so God gave us His Word through Mark, and Mark was simply the writer (scribe), whereas God was the Author. Every word in the NT is a word of God (2 Tim 3:16).

Not sure where your back and forth started on here, lol but is @bbyrd009 talking about himself :D

Reactions: bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What happened during the earthly ministry of Christ cannot be used as an example of what should be preached today. :eek:
We have the entire and complete Word of God, therefore we know more about the fate of those who are unsaved and the meaning of Hell, the Lake of Fire, and the Second Death.

WOW!!

I cannot believe you said that!!

Some may think that they "know more." :rolleyes:

WOW!!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What happened during the earthly ministry of Christ cannot be used as an example of what should be preached today.
So should we instead go back and follow the lead of the Levite in Judges who was a priest in Ephraim until he was successfully propositioned by the tribe of Dan? Would the choices of that Levite be a better example for us to follow than the earthly ministry of Jesus described in the four written Gospels? If that is not what you mean, please clarify. Thanks.
We have the entire and complete Word of God, ...
What we have, in the way of good things, is whatever has been written in our hearts by the Holy Spirit. The other stuff may be good or bad source material dependent upon who is using it for what. I don't know about but I've yet to meet anyone [not counting Jesus] who definitely without any doubt who has all of the Word of God written on his heart.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and Nancy