What's the difference b/t a nice worldly person and a nice Christian?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are confusing a perverting of the gospel with a simple life of humility. Anyway why are you so sure that you aren't doing exactly what you claim to be hating so much?

Ah. the humanity.:oops:
A life of humility alone wont save . ONLY JESUS CAN . THEY must believe in HIM to be saved .
Any other gosple that contradicts that , AINT NO GOSPEL and it sure wont save .

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A life of humility alone wont save . ONLY JESUS CAN . THEY must believe in HIM to be saved .
B6C2A598-E42A-4C9A-9659-E83CB88EC718.png.019da368556cbf812e983d4b2dd26e3b.png

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

God gives grace to the humble. The humble what? The humble person of whatever religion? Of course.
What about the proud who God resists? Can the proud not be believers? Of course many believers are very proud. You will find very few modern believers who are humble.

So do you believe that humility is "imputed" to believers even when they are obviously not...that Jesus was humble instead of believers?
Do you believe that doing what is right is actually damnable if your doctrinal ducks are not in a row?

Do your preferred verses, interpreted wrongly, of course, negate the truth in all the other verses?

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
OH MY GOSH! I WROTE 'WORDLY'. I MEANT 'WORLDLY'! Sorry everyone! There's a misunderstanding in my question of the title I wrote. I MEAN 'What's the difference b/t (=between) a nice "worldly" person and a nice Christian? THANKS

Reactions: Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What of the Jews? Do they love their sin? There is a point to be made in what you have said, but there are many righteous people that hate their sins, and in some cases more so than believers in Christ do.

Take the example of Gandhi. He fasted much and prayed often to bring his body under discipline so that he didn't crave anything in this world. He even overcame the need and desire for sexual relations so that the relationship with his wife became platonic in nature.

Now I'm not saying that the way of Gandhi has anything on the way of Christ. But how many of us modern believers actually follow Christ in such a way as to put Gandhi to shame? How many of us walk in a power that makes all human effort seem weak in comparison?
And yet without Christ, what does it gain for you?

Colossians 2:20-23 EMTV
20) If you died with Christ from the basic principles of the world, why, as though living in the world, do you submit to regulations--
21) "Do not handle, nor taste, nor touch,"
22) which things are all for corruption with the using, according to the commands and teaching of men?
23) These things indeed have a reputation of wisdom in self-imposed religion, false humility, and severity on the body, but are not of any value against the indulgence of the flesh.

It's a very different Sort of life from character building. Character building is fine, it gives you a better toolbox. Ghandi worked to improve his character, something every man can do, but it will not replace being born from God to become His family, and to walk in the works which He ordains.

I can do my good, be a doctor, save lives, be a teacher, help others to live, but if God's intent for me was to be a plumber, I've missed everything.

And I can think myself so grand . . . nothing will ever convince me of my need for the righteousness which is of God, and not of the Law.

Why would Paul count blameless righteousness of the Law as feces?

Philippians 3:6-10 KJV
6) Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
7) But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
8) Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
9) And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
10) That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct! But it wasn't that Gandhi loved self. That is unfair and false. No. He was ignorant of the way of Christ because of a lack of witnesses to the power of grace.

Rather,

John 3:18-21 KJV
18) He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19) And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20) For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21) But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know it seems hard to understand why i say ghandi loved self . Yet HE DID .
We either love GOD , CHRIST above even our self , or we love self . I know many catholics
many protestants too , that can chastise themselves , and yet still they have not submitted to GOD , to CHRIST .
We are to judge by the Word of God and not appearances, saying, he looks like he's living a good life.

Much love!

Reactions: amigo de christo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you never read about not judging nothing, or anyone, before the time? Don't cling to the natural mind of the fallen nature. Put on rather the mind of Christ.

Hint...the mind of Christ is one of humility.
By your own words . . .

Reactions: amigo de christo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
have you ever read from both john and paul , that anyone who brings another gospel , another jesus
or etc , dont heed them . You are giving a false hope . POINT THEM TO CHRIST
or step aside and let me do it .
Yes, brother, we will not hesitate to claim the Name of Christ, and none other!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God gives grace to the humble. The humble what? The humble person of whatever religion? Of course.
And in your doctrine, Jesus becomes "one of many ways", so it seems.

God gives grace to the humble. What does the Apostle say?

1 Peter 5:5-6 KJV
5) Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.

Does this mean that all who think they show humility will be saved?

6) Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

Is the one who prostrates themself to a pagan god humbling themself under the mighty hand of the true and living God?

Will God receive the worship of Satan as worshiping Himself?

To me, these questions answer themselves.

Much love!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."
Acts 4:12

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
John 14:6

I kind of think there will be some very kind people who perish, and some grumpy saved people (shrug)

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."
Acts 4:12

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
John 14:6

I kind of think there will be some very kind people who perish, and some grumpy saved people (shrug)
Thats right sister . SOUND IT OUT . LET THE LORD GET ALL THE GLORY . TO HE ALONE SHALL WE POINT .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They kept it real . THEY all knew , AS do the lambs still today , THAT ONE must believe in JESUS to be saved .
All who follow the all inclusive many path road , are following the spirit o anti christ .
And the true lambs must contend for the true faith that was once delivered unto the saints .

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would like to discuss this. I would say the difference is they're not walking/abiding with the source, we have a mission to accomplish and through the Holy Spirit God will guide us and tell us things. Wordly nice people only know a part of what goodness is but Godly/Christian people know what complete love is.
So a non Christian cannot know love?

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No I'm not saying a non Christian doesn't know love, but possibly what complete or even true love is. You know that scripture, 'love is faithful, love is kind, it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud, it is not rude, it is not self-seeking... ' like they wouldn't be as loving or know how to be as loving or be aware of what they're doing wrong but God's Word helps and guides us. I would like a discussion on what I wrote on my 1st post. Thanks everyone.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are to judge by the Word of God and not appearances, saying, he looks like he's living a good life.

Much love!
Who is it we are to judge? Who among us can see and understand perfectly the heart of every man? Is the answer not the reason why the judgement is not ours... but God's? Knowing the written words of scripture does not let us see all that God sees.