What's the Weather Like in your part of the world Right Now?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its, 44* going up to 63* today...... summer is gone........

Yesterday we had a lot of rain........

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@aspen WOW!! Re that photo......the smoke is worse than ours here. Thankfully our has moved on or dispersed. Sadly there fires are not abating. They need heavy rain to help the firefighters.

We here are now very cool at night...but today it is going to be back up to 30C 85F by noon.
No rain for weeks.

Reactions: aspen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@bbyrd009 ...I am wondering if you have storms etc where you are??
Been thinking of you...just in case. Hope all is well down there?

Reactions: pia

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If these fires are going to be normal from this point forward, we are going to run out of forests

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If these fires are going to be normal from this point forward, we are going to run out of forests

Yes indeed...without trees we will all become prairies!! I didn't know until a friend old me, that trees bring clouds and rain. ( rain forrests etc) No trees means no clouds and no rain...and eventually desert. :eek:

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Israel and Lebanon used to be like Oregon and California. We will all be fighting for the forests of Antarctica soon

Reactions: Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Here is Aus burning forests is part of teh natural process. They dont burn than we get no new trees, much of our vegetation relies upon heat to release teh seeds, since after a fire there is less competition so teh seed have room to grow, also gets rid of all teh introduced species, all the excess underbrush. The greenies keep shouting at our firies for back burning, I dont see them running to help all the unfortunate people who lost there homes because of teh fires that came about because back burning never happened, They already have teh big chopper from teh staes here as we are expecting an early fire season due to the dry winter, and im sure you have seeing the way eucalypts burn, That lovely blue haze over teh blue Mountains is a recipe for disaster.

Reactions: aspen and Helen

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oregon has the same problem - not enough planned burns

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Currently 6c and cloudy here.

Here is the snow cam at Mt Mawson, Tasmania though, the ski rope tow is buried. :O
21272491_907606716080196_258672877738455937_n.jpg

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The forrest fires are still burning ...everywhere needs rain....but all the water is down flooding the south, while we burn. A lovely little resort place we frequent called Waterton Lake is burning....the old hotel The Prince of Wales looks like it will go! :(
There's not much "old" here..they call a few hundred years "old"...but it's a lovely village with cute hotels , with the Prince of Wales up on the hill...but fire travels up hill too... it is so close...so sad. :(

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The forrest fires are still burning ...everywhere needs rain....but all the water is down flooding the south, while we burn. A lovely little resort place we frequent called Waterton Lake is burning....the old hotel The Prince of Wales looks like it will go! :(
There's not much "old" here..they call a few hundred years "old"...but it's a lovely village with cute hotels , with the Prince of Wales up on the hill...but fire travels up hill too... it is so close...so sad. :(
What a terrible shame....Fires, flooding, hurricanes, diseases and the threat of war now too, on top of the other war, the unwinnable one against 'terror'...I had to laugh when Bush used that term, because when can anyone say they have won against terror....Terror will surely be here until the Lord does what it is He has in mind, once the enemy is done away with for the 1000 years ( according to the bible).
Just how far from you is this unfolding? Must be awful for anyone with any kind of respiratory problems , and scary too, as fire seems to have a mind of it's own at times...
I pray for all the very best for you and for your neighbors......

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@pia Hi there. We here in the city are okay...it's not that close...it the smoke that is closer! Ha! We got some rain today, not much but some..but its the forrest that need it more than us...they are lovely places where we enjoy visiting, and so much wild life..

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@pia Hi there. We here in the city are okay...it's not that close...it the smoke that is closer! Ha! We got some rain today, not much but some..but its the forrest that need it more than us...they are lovely places where we enjoy visiting, and so much wild life..
Oh yeah, I have seen many documentaries on Canada, the North of US and Alaska, and it is simply some of the most stunning places and wildlife around.
When my family immigrated, we almost ended up in Canada, my dad had the choice between Australia and Canada, but my mum didn't want to go somewhere as cold or even colder than little old Denmark, so we ended up here....I do still pray for you over there though, as well as the places which have been hit so very hard this past week or so..poor poor people. Have a lovely night and day....:)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Cold now..plus 8C no idea of the F.
We have rain now..after so long without it, so it's not before time.
I "think" rain ( if they have it) is helping with the fires. Hope so anyway.
The Calgary Firefighters saved the Prince Of Wales Hotel in Waterton Lake resort. (it's old...for Canada) Every time a spark landed they shot water on it and finally saved it from being touched. Phew! That was a close call for them.
Hoping this cold will not stay...our winters are long enough, without starting in September...which is usully lovely and warm.

Reactions: Josho and pia

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Nice sunny day today, it's 9c right now at night, it's one of them freezing clear mornings tomorrow though

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today promises to be another scorcher. It was in the 90s yesterday with the heat index well over 100 degrees F.
Sitting out on the front steps about an hour ago, it was already in the 80s. I could almost feel the humidity starting to build. Thank God for central air, as I will be spending my day indoors.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I'm reporting that it's a beautiful sunny day here.
Perfect.
Reason I'm reporting...
The Stones will be doing a concert about 40 minutes from me.
So it's great for who's going.
Not me.
It's going to be pandimonium.