What's the Weather Like in your part of the world Right Now?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Here in Western Australia it has been a very very wet winter so far and we've had some very cold temp's too. I'm actually not certain of the temp this morning, it's not as cold as it has been and soon enough it will be so hot we can barely breathe lol. I's most likely about 8 - 9 C at the present, and I think they said on the news last night, that it was going to get up to 18 C during the day, so better ! Gosh, just saw that you're from Oz as well, which state, if you don't mind me asking?

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well we here in Western Canada can feel a slight nip in the air early mornings...a few trees are turning yellow...we are for sure on the home run, down hill... :( Sad, it has been a lovely hot summer. Now it still gets up to 22c /70f by 12 noon which is just perfect. Not much looking forward to the snows, but they could be here in about 8 weeks...BRrrrrrr.
About 3 or 4 years ago I experienced 47 C during that summer. It had been in the 40's quite a lot of the time during the summers prior to that, but not THAT high... Was in a country area at that time, which was most likely why. By the various oceans around Oz it doesn't get quite that hot, but can still reach low 40's once in a while, so when you say that 24 C is hot for you, I can't help wondering how you would cope with it here ? I must say though, when we first came from Scandinavia I loved the heat ( except for a couple of days here and there ), but as I have gotten older I much prefer the cold to the heat. It's harder to cool down than it is to warm up. Air cons are used a whole lot in the summers, but not all of us can afford to have it running much. All of Australia's utilities have gone through the roof, price wise. I just saw the other day that we now have the single most expensive gas and electricity prices in the world....So silly, apparently we sell gas to Japan, and they actually pay less for the gas they get from here, than we pay for 'our' natural resources ???
I'm not sure I could cope with almost 6 mths of winter though, as you described the other day. As you said :" Brrrrrrr !"
May I ask you which 'province' or 'territory' of Canada you are in? I am not too sure about them all. I have discovered there are quite a few, certainly a lot more than I had been aware. Blessings Pia :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@pia We live in Alberta , one side of us is British Columbia , the other side we have Saskatchewan. An Indian name. ( Alberts, Saskatchewan and Manitoba are the prairie Provinces. )
Some days in summer our house ( all windows) can get as hot as 38C ...phew!! ( not consistent back to back days though)We have all the fans running, and we don't have air conditioning. :( We can have it up to 40c in high summer in the direct sun...and -40C below freezing in the winter!! But thankfully never usually more than a few days at a time. Mostly it sits around 15- 20c below freezing , or if we are lucky , just a few degrees below....which is nice. Our houses are wonderful warm, cars are warm, the shopping malls are warm...so it's not bad rally. It's just having to be inside for so many months that gets boring. Yes, I understand what you say....Alberta too ships its oil elsewhere , yet we Albertans pay higher prices for our gas( petrol) and oil. :(

Last edited:

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Here in Western Australia it has been a very very wet winter so far and we've had some very cold temp's too. I'm actually not certain of the temp this morning, it's not as cold as it has been and soon enough it will be so hot we can barely breathe lol. I's most likely about 8 - 9 C at the present, and I think they said on the news last night, that it was going to get up to 18 C during the day, so better ! Gosh, just saw that you're from Oz as well, which state, if you don't mind me asking?

Victoria. And yes i wish i lived somewhere colder hahaha.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
. Our houses are wonderful warm,
Hi....Wow that is so different than I imagined, I had no clue it could get quite that hot there... I had heard of the cold and the length of the winters.......I have been watching a couple of shows which are set in Alaska which is like that too, I know it's not quite the same, but some bits must be similar, I'm, guessing ? Geez there are a lot of different parts of Canada. Does it have one central government, or all different ones? How does that all work?
One huge difference between both Scandinavia and where you are compared to here, is that the quality of the buildings the windows, doors etc are set at a much much higher standard there than here.
The standard here is single glaze windows, usually with gaps everywhere, letting in the air ( bad in both summer and winter )...Doors are poorly fitted and often has quite a gap at the bottoms, also letting air in along the floors. Not all places have roof insulation and very few places are built with proper bricks, or good timber. It's astounding the amount of money they charge here, for such poor houses, when compared with other parts of the world, that are supposed to be comparable to us here.....Greed, greed and more greed and a bunch of 'devil may care' attitude....Poor people who are paying for all these things. Heard of an entire estate of houses some 10 years ago, which all suddenly began to sink, which made the buildings crack all over, as they didn't sink evenly. I don't even know what the end outcome was, but I do know all these people had a terrible time, trying to get someone to take responsibility. Builders blaming surveyors, surveyors blaming councils and on and on.....Meanwhile all these families, many with very young kids ( as the estate had been marketed that way ), were just left high and dry, some even had to leave the houses as they became unsafe.
So you and I are blessed to have places to live where we are safe and content. Praise Him !
Well I have a couple of messages I just have to get through, and then it's dinner time.
Have a wonderful day....God bless you Pia :)

Reactions: Helen

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Victoria. And yes i wish i lived somewhere colder hahaha.
I used to live there, has it gotten hotter? I left there in 1996, and I believe the hottest I ever experienced in Vic. was 42 C. That was certainly unpleasant I recall. Almost all of Melbourne and suburbs were crowded along the entire bay from down Sorrento way right through to the city lol.....Never saw so many people at beaches before or since.....
Where would you like to be ? What sort of temp would you prefer ? Do you like white winters? Hope you don't mind the questions ? Pia :)

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A hurricane came on Monday, and the next one is coming..

Here is an aviation weather report for the area, they call them 'SIGMETS', short for significant meteorological report. They are updated hourly.

WSUS32 KKCI 260555
SIGC
CONVECTIVE SIGMET 26C
VALID UNTIL 0755Z
TX AND CSTL WTRS
FROM 40ESE CWK-30SE IAH-110ENE BRO-50NNE LRD-40ESE CWK
AREA SEV EMBD TS MOV FROM 16010KT. TOPS ABV FL450.
TORNADOES...HAIL TO 0.5 IN...WIND GUSTS TO 115KT POSS.
TS ASSOCD WITH HURCN HARVEY.

Translation: This is a convective sigmet that has been issued on the 26th day of the month at 555 Zulu, valid until 755 Zulu for the state of Texas and the coastal waters. Area of severe embedded thunderstorms moving from 160 degrees at 10 knots, with cloud cover topping off above 45,000 feet. Tornadoes and hail measuring at about half an inch, with possible wind gusts reaching 115 knots. Thunderstorm is associated with Hurricane Harvey.

latest_US_wv.jpg

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our summer is not as good as it has been over the years... But..........................

It sure is a Blessing ................ seeing and hearing what is going on in TEXAS.........!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!

And its going to happen again ???????? I am praying for them...... And praying maybe more people may be saved and knowing
that GOD is not doing this..........

Reactions: Pisteuo and Helen

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are now at 68* and more rain to come tonight...... This summer has been way different ..........

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hot ..85f cloudy, but not really, as its smoke from the Forrest Fires.
Dry, no rain.
Nippy in the mornings, so we can feel Fall in the air...leaves are turning now.