What's the Weather Like in your part of the world Right Now?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Warm and balmy. Looking like it could rain and it needs to rain because the grass in some areas are looking brown and parched.

115 yesterday, 110 today, but its cooling down, can't wait for winter when it gets down to 78

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
115 yesterday, 110 today, but its cooling down, can't wait for winter when it gets down to 78

That would not even seem like winter to us...that could be summer!!
Our winter starts in Mid October and ends somewhere in April. We are VERY happy if it doesn't g down lower than Minus 15. But we really like Zero. It's like spring!! :) Where are you?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I used to live there, has it gotten hotter? I left there in 1996, and I believe the hottest I ever experienced in Vic. was 42 C. That was certainly unpleasant I recall. Almost all of Melbourne and suburbs were crowded along the entire bay from down Sorrento way right through to the city lol.....Never saw so many people at beaches before or since.....
Where would you like to be ? What sort of temp would you prefer ? Do you like white winters? Hope you don't mind the questions ? Pia :)

Yes I would love white winters, it got to 46c in Melbourne In February 2009, a bush fire got pretty close to us that year

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes I would love white winters, it got to 46c in Melbourne In February 2009, a bush fire got pretty close to us that year
Yeah I remember my parents, during that time also....They're still in Vic........White winters are stunning to look at, but from memory, it's a real bother getting around in on a daily basis.......Nasty bush fires here also, but we had the best summer I had experienced , last year. It was long and no huge heatwaves,yay..:) Hope, no more bush fires for you !

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We have forrest fires all around us here, and the other provinces connection to us. :(
This week the smoke it thick. It's too hot to have our windows closed...so we even breath smoke in our house!! We smell it all the time.
Haha! Don't talk to me of wanting a white winter/christmas... some years we can have snow from mid October continually until early April. For sure to the end of March. We like brown winters here. :D It does sometime happen when we don't get much snow. I am not looking forward to winter at all . :(

Reactions: Job

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We have forrest fires all around us here, and the other provinces connection to us. :(
This week the smoke it thick. It's too hot to have our windows closed...so we even breath smoke in our house!! We smell it all the time.
Haha! Don't talk to me of wanting a white winter/christmas... some years we can have snow from mid October continually until early April. For sure to the end of March. We like brown winters here. :D It does sometime happen when we don't get much snow. I am not looking forward to winter at all . :(

Will be praying for you then, that you and others over there remain safe in the bush fire season.

And that God will send a ripper snow season for you this coming Canadian winter that you will enjoy. So you have a good excuse to go to somewhere warmer. haha

For now though here the wind is blowing hard out there and we may or may not get snow tomorrow and Tuesday, snow forecasted down to 400m both Monday and Tuesday and I'm right on the 400m borderline. :eek:

Reactions: Helen

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yeah I remember my parents, during that time also....They're still in Vic........White winters are stunning to look at, but from memory, it's a real bother getting around in on a daily basis.......Nasty bush fires here also, but we had the best summer I had experienced , last year. It was long and no huge heatwaves,yay..:) Hope, no more bush fires for you !

Ye last couple of summers have been alright here as well, except for the mosquitos and March flies the size of trucks, lol massive exaggeration there, but they are still massive, the March flies are the worst, because you really feel them when they bite, it's like getting a little prick by a thorn everytime they bite, it's nasty and my least favorite thing about summer

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Josho
I sometimes think that "the grass is greener..."..But I suppose it is really whatever we are used to. I know that Christmas is held on Dec 25th...but isn't a bit strange celebrating it in high "summer?" Or do you do it on some winter day?
All movies and cute show snow falling at Christmas time. I wonder when that started? Most agree that Jesus was born in September at The Feast Of Tabernacles.
" God with us". I am sure there was not snow on a Bethlehem September at His birth!!! So who started it!! LOL

Reactions: pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ye last couple of summers have been alright here as well, except for the mosquitos and March flies the size of trucks, lol massive exaggeration there, but they are still massive, the March flies are the worst, because you really feel them when they bite, it's like getting a little prick by a thorn everytime they bite, it's nasty and my least favorite thing about summer
sounds nasty.....I don't recall there being a lot of those, mozzies yes ! Oh boy Revelations, here we come lol

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hazardous smoke and oppressive heat

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hazardous smoke and oppressive heat

You will be getting your via California eh?
We ( in Alberta Ca) are getting ours from Northern Alberta , and British Columbia.
which they says is having the worst wild fires in their history. Dozens of fire now.
The wind does not help!!
The smoke is thick here in Alberta. Even in our houses!! :(

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am in Eugene, OR. The smoke has been terrible for about two weeks - not good for my recovery. And Oregon never used to have high enough temps to have air conditioning so we don't have any in our house

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We're getting smoke from the west coast and Canada. It wasn't as bad today as it was yesterday.
Right now it's about 60 degrees F with light breezes out of the NW.
Good sleeping weather.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We're getting smoke from the west coast and Canada. It wasn't as bad today as it was yesterday.
Right now it's about 60 degrees F with light breezes out of the NW.
Good sleeping weather.

Smoke sure can travel a long way

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am in Eugene, OR. The smoke has been terrible for about two weeks - not good for my recovery. And Oregon never used to have high enough temps to have air conditioning so we don't have any in our house

We too, have not got A/C , most of us don't...it's been 90+ in our house some days.
We can't close the windows for that reason...so the smoke comes in. :(
I was wondering about the smoke and your heart. ✟

No bacon or cheese for you!! :)

Reactions: aspen

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Smoke sure can travel a long way

And it's weird how it hugs the ground. You would think it would rise, but all it does is expand into an unhealthy haze. I believe in the coming years we're going to be seeing a lot more of that.

I know this sounds crazy, but I would like to be around when that Super Volcano blows in Yellowstone Park.

o

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I liked your post just for the Colbert quote - one of my favorites