When did Daniel 7:13-14 happen?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
“I am the door”??
Yes...."no one comes to the Father except by me"...he is "the door" because no one can get in to the Kingdom any other way.

figured that is what you would say. Same ol’ thing as yesterday and the day before that, just happens to be a different person today. I’m starting to think we are all insane. Going to bed…goodnight.
LOL....its hard when you can't get anyone to agree with you, huh?
sad

Maybe its not them.....did you ever think of that?

Have a good night....
sleep

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Marty fox will you alert me when someone decides to give an answer to the op?

Do you mean that another OP of mine got hijacked and no one really answered it and then started debating on events that have no bearing on the OP LOL

Oh well I still like to put up the post for people who read it and don’t need to comment

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 28:7,18 KJV
[7] And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you. [18] And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Reactions: Marty fox

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daniel 7:13-14 KJV
[13] I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. [14] And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daniel 7:13-14 KJV
[13] I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. [14] And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Hello Waiting on him,

I used this scripture the other day in my video lesson on the Transfiguration, where James, Peter, and John went up with Jesus on a high mountain to pray. While He was praying his face began to alter shining like the sun, is clothes became whiter than any bleach on earth could ever bleach, and dazeling. This to me was the fulfilment of that scripture you just shared of the future Glory that Jesus Christ would end up receiving after everything had come to completion.

With Elijah and Moses showing up during this whole scene on top of that mountain. Peter, James and John where afraid by all of these things they were seeing. Peter asked if they could make an tabernacle for Jesus, Elijah, Moses not realizing the meeting was right there in the open to them though privately with no need for a tabernacle.

Jesus was ushering in the new ministry of righteousness and the new ministry of the spirit, putting away the old Covenant that was brought forth by Moses, which Moses brought forth to the Israelites the stone tablets which was the ministry of Death, and Ministry of Condemnation.

With Moses being their, and Elijah both symbols of Jesus being the final one to come and complete everything for all people, after the voice in the cloud said to them this my beloved son listen to him, Elijah and Moses where gone. They only seen Jesus there.

Now we look towards Him, who completed everything and finished it all having victory over, sin, death, the grave, hell, satan and his demons.

Thank you for bring that scripture up it reminds me of all of these things I saw on the mountain yesterday.

God bless,
Matthew g.

(It was where the Ancient of Days sat on his throne, and his clothes where pure white - but this scripture used reminds me of all of these things.)

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Waiting on him,

I used this scripture the other day in my video lesson on the Transfiguration, where James, Peter, and John went up with Jesus on a high mountain to pray. While He was praying his face began to alter shining like the sun, is clothes became whiter than any bleach on earth could ever bleach, and dazeling. This to me was the fulfilment of that scripture you just shared of the future Glory that Jesus Christ would end up receiving after everything had come to completion.

With Elijah and Moses showing up during this whole scene on top of that mountain. Peter, James and John where afraid by all of these things they were seeing. Peter asked if they could make an tabernacle for Jesus, Elijah, Moses not realizing the meeting was right there in the open to them though privately with no need for a tabernacle.

Jesus was ushering in the new ministry of righteousness and the new ministry of the spirit, putting away the old Covenant that was brought forth by Moses, which Moses brought forth to the Israelites the stone tablets which was the ministry of Death, and Ministry of Condemnation.

With Moses being their, and Elijah both symbols of Jesus being the final one to come and complete everything for all people, after the voice in the cloud said to them this my beloved son listen to him, Elijah and Moses where gone. They only seen Jesus there.

Now we look towards Him, who completed everything and finished it all having victory over, sin, death, the grave, hell, satan and his demons.

Thank you for bring that scripture up it reminds me of all of these things I saw on the mountain yesterday.

God bless,
Matthew g.

(It was where the Ancient of Days sat on his throne, and his clothes where pure white - but this scripture used reminds me of all of these things.)
Very good!!!!

Reactions: MatthewG

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Waiting on him,

God bless,
Matthew g.

Speaking of tabernacles,

Psalm 19:1-6 KJV
[1] The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. [2] Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. [3] There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard. [4] Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun, [5] Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race. [6] His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.

In them!

Reactions: MatthewG

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello Waiting on him,

God bless,
Matthew g.

Also to add to this scripture says that they were talking to Jesus about what would happen to Him n the following week when He would die and raise again to usher in the new covenant

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speaking of tabernacles,

Psalm 19:1-6 KJV
[1] The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. [2] Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. [3] There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard. [4] Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun, [5] Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race. [6] His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.

In them!

This is very interesting because the scripture also acknowledges Jesus being the strong man. The one who would put Satan under. :)

Also to add to this scripture says that they were talking to Jesus about what would happen to Him n the following week when He would die and raise again to usher in the new covenant

Yes that is right, while coming back down the mountain they question among themselves after being charged by Jesus to tell no one until the Son of Man had risen again from the dead. The disciples treasured these things in their heart, like when Mary treasured the things that Jesus had said to her and Jospeh when they had come back to get their son whom had stayed behind after their trip ( i do not remember where that trip was to I havent went and read in awhile.)

Thank you for reminding us Marty.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is very interesting because the scripture also acknowledges Jesus being the strong man. The one who would put Satan under. :)

also the race, Paul acknowledged being one competing for that prize. For me I also see tongues being included in this scripture.
Psalm 19:3 KJV
[3] There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually the kingship and priesthood of the elect had to wait till they were resurrected to heaven.
As Revelation 20:6 says...
"Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and will reign with Him for a thousand years."

It doesn't say that they were already 'kings and priests' whilst in their flesh, but that they "will be" given those positions when they reign with Christ for the thousand years it will take to undo all the damage done to the human race, as well as the earth itself that has been polluted by their bloodshed, greed and selfishness.
Revelation 20:4 is a resurrection to earth. Has nothing whatsoever to do about going to heaven or resurrected in heaven.

Resurrected into heaven is an ongoing phenomenon every time a soul leaves this corruptible body and enters the permanent one in Paradise. 2 Corinthians 5. Jesus claims all since the Cross would never taste death. So life is instant when the souls leaves this dead body.

This physical life is death. The soul is bound by the death passed on by sin from Adam's punishment.

As the church we are Ambassadors, not kings. This world is still under the rule of sin and death. We are definitely not the priest and kings of Death. We should represent what the Resurrection and the Life is in an ungodly world.

Revelation 20:4 is still a future event. It happens after the battle of Armageddon. It happens after Satan is bound, and the FP and beast are cast into the lake of fire. It applies to those beheaded in the previous 42 months.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you are connecting scriptures that have no connection....the parables were teaching tools for the people that Jesus addressed, not connected to the Revelation at all.
Not all parables were for or about the first century. There are several that explain the book of Revelation, and the end of the church age. Jesus taught at the end of the OT age.

The Cross was the last day resurrection of the OT redeemed. The Cross was the judgment of God that ended one age and started a new age.

Some parables applied to the end of that OT age and some applied to the end of the NT which could happen at any moment. The NT church was given instructions for their time on earth as well as preparing many for the end of the Law of Moses.

The Lord of the vineyard left this earth in the hands of Israel for 1400 years. The Cross ended that time. The Lord of the vineyard has left this world in the hands of the NT church for the last 1991 years.

The church has literally had more time than Israel to mess things up. I mean that is the worse case scenario, that those left in charge would mess things up. It was not a prophecy nor teaching to deliberately mess things up.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your theory has it that Rome completely disappears before the second coming.
Rome is DEAD, and another (Italy) occupies that ancient geography.

...Revelation 13 that reveals all those empires have morphed into another beast...What is that composite beast of Revelation 13 ...

The Dan. 2:45 "4,3,5,2,1 = FIVE" DIVIDED KINGDOM is represented by:
Lion/Eagle, U.K./U.S. "MOUTH" because they have expertise in Technology, Trade, Science, & Finance
Leopard (actually a TIGER), China "BODY" because China has the World's Largest Population
Bear, Russia "FEET" because Russia has the World's Greatest Land Mass (3M sq. mi. each for U.S., Canada, China, but 8M for Russia)

Some people can't see what's RIGHT BEFORE THEY EYES.
Bobby Jo

That Seventh Day Adventist interpretation of the Daniel 2 Scripture is not correct.

Daniel begins to reveal those beast symbols to king Nebuchadnezzar, showing that Neb represents the first one, the head of gold...

Dan 2:37-39
37 Thou, O king, art a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory.
38 And wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven hath he given into thine hand, and hath made thee ruler over them all. Thou art this head of gold.

39 And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee, and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth.
KJV

Nebuchadnezzar's empire of Babylon used the symbol of a lion with eagle's wings; the bear symbol represented the empire Medo-Persia that happened next; and the next empire was represented by the leopard by Alexander's Macedonia.

In Revelation 13, notice only the lion, bear, and leopard symbols from Daniel 7 are mentioned, and not the iron symbol. And per Daniel 2...

1. the lion with eagle's wings = historically Babylon under Nebuchadnezzar = "head of gold"
2. the bear = historically Medo-Persia = "his breast and his arms of silver"
3. the leopard = historically Alexander's Greece = "his belly and his thighs of brass"

The 4th kingdom was represented by the legs of iron in Daniel 2. That was historically the pagan Roman empire. So WHY... did Lord Jesus leave that one out of the Revelation 13:2 reference to Daniel 7? It's because even though Daniel 7 tells us the 4th kingdom is the final one, there's actually 5 kingdoms with the very last one when Jesus comes being the feet of ten toes of iron mixed with clay.

Daniel 2:44-45 tells us in the days of the ten horns (ten kings), God will setup His everlasting Kingdom, and the Stone not cut out with hands (i.e., Lord Jesus Christ) will come to smite that final beast kingdom upon its feet of ten toes, naming 5 pieces to the statue image in Neb's dream, "the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold". Daniel 2:35 reveals all those pieces are broken 'together', meaning they ALL... are to make up the structure of the final beast kingdom being described there in Revelation 13.

So instead of SDA's bad interpretation of the great powers of the day like the U.S., U.K., Russia, China, etc., what God's Word is actually revealing about the Revelation 13 beast is that it will contain ALL those powers under ONE AUTHORITY at the end, and that will be that "dragon" that is coming for the end. Jesus pointed to that dragon as a pseudo-Christ in in His Olivet discourse about the end. Another term for this final beast coming to completion today is a "one world government" or "New World Order" (their terms, not mine).

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not all parables were for or about the first century. There are several that explain the book of Revelation, and the end of the church age. Jesus taught at the end of the OT age.

The Cross was the last day resurrection of the OT redeemed. The Cross was the judgment of God that ended one age and started a new age.

Some parables applied to the end of that OT age and some applied to the end of the NT which could happen at any moment. The NT church was given instructions for their time on earth as well as preparing many for the end of the Law of Moses.

The Lord of the vineyard left this earth in the hands of Israel for 1400 years. The Cross ended that time. The Lord of the vineyard has left this world in the hands of the NT church for the last 1991 years.

The church has literally had more time than Israel to mess things up. I mean that is the worse case scenario, that those left in charge would mess things up. It was not a prophecy nor teaching to deliberately mess things up.

That's some really fancy delusions bud.

No such thing as a "church age". That was John Darby's theory of Dispensationalism in the 1830s loosely based on Christ's 7 Messages to the 7 Churches in Asia. All of those 7 Messages are still in effect for ALL Churches today, symbolically, since Jesus connected the day of His return with them, and two of those Churches as 'two candlesticks' are shown making a stand against the beast in the time of the end with God's two witnesses during the great tribulation, per Revelation 11.

Sorry, but the law of Moses has not been done away with, even as Apostle Paul showed in 1 Timothy 1. What has been done away with by Lord Jesus upon His cross, is the old covenant and blood ordinances in the law. God's laws against theft, murder, rape, perjury, bestiality, etc., are still... applicable today in Christian society, and have been ever since Christ died on the cross establishing The New Covenant.

And your idea that the New Testament Church has messed things up is a huge... lie pushed by the crept in unawares false prophets you have been listening to. God has accomplished what He set out to do through His servants with the preaching of The Gospel of Jesus Christ, and a huge portion of the peoples of the earth have accepted it, even in Communist countries like China and Russia! The western nations of Asia Minor and Europe were worshiping idols before Jesus came, and then by the Passion of Christ, The Gospel was preached to them after Jerusalem rejected Jesus, and the majority in the west put away their old Baal idols and accepted The Gospel, and became the historical Western Christian nations! So how did Christ's Church fail?

Christ's Church here on earth has NEVER failed their duty as good husbandmen and stewards of Christ's Vineyard. Of course I mean His true... husbandmen, because there are many that began in earnest that have fallen away, and are 'cut off' from His Vineyard, by their own evil fruit. And that is what is happening to the beth-aven (vanity) churches that listen to Satan's crept in unaware servants pushing false doctrine. Time to wise up and kick those false prophets out of Christ's Vineyard.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ's Church here on earth has NEVER failed their duty as good husbandmen and stewards of Christ's Vineyard. Of course I mean His true... husbandmen, because there are many that began in earnest that have fallen away, and are 'cut off' from His Vineyard, by their own evil fruit. And that is what is happening to the beth-aven (vanity) churches that listen to Satan's crept in unaware servants pushing false doctrine. Time to wise up and kick those false prophets out of Christ's Vineyard.
Neither did Israel mess up in the first century was my point.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Revelation 20:4 is a resurrection to earth. Has nothing whatsoever to do about going to heaven or resurrected in heaven.
Then Jesus assuring his apostles that he was “going to prepare a place” for them in heaven and was then “coming again” to take them there, flies in the face of what you just said.

There are two resurrections for two completely different groups of people. The “first resurrection” is first in time and first in importance because those resurrected to heaven at the Lord’s return were to set up the Kingdom of God, taking their positions during these last days, (Revelation 20:6) ready to take over as earth’s only governing body, replacing all failed human rulership under satan’s dominion, which God’s kingdom will destroy. (Daniel 2:44)

The general resurrection of the dead includes those who may never have even heard of God or his son. Jesus calls all the dead from the same place....their graves. (John 5:28-29) Paul too spoke of these ones. (Acts 24:15)

Resurrected into heaven is an ongoing phenomenon every time a soul leaves this corruptible body and enters the permanent one in Paradise. 2 Corinthians 5. Jesus claims all since the Cross would never taste death. So life is instant when the souls leaves this dead body.
No resurrection to heaven was to take place until Christ’s return according to Paul. (1 Thessalonians 4:13-17) All were to “sleep” until Jesus came to gather them. Those long dead had not gone anywhere, nor would they be aware of how long they had been sleeping in their graves. But they were all resurrected from that time onward. Paul spoke of that time in 2 Corinthians 5 with a full understanding about what would happen, but not when it would take place. He addressed those with “the heavenly calling”. (Hebrews 3:1)

Only after Christ’s return was there to be no need to “sleep” in death....then there was to be an instantaneous resurrection. In these “last days” Christ is already here directing his disciples through these perilous times and seeing to it that the preaching about “the good news of the Kingdom” is accomplished world wide. (Matthew 24:3-14; Matthew 28:19-20) Only when all the features of the “sign” that Jesus gave to indicate his “presence” at the beginning of “the time of the end” are fulfilled, will “the end” of this present world system in the hands of the devil, come.

This physical life is death. The soul is bound by the death passed on by sin from Adam's punishment.
That is not what the Bible teaches.
There is no teaching of an immortal soul anywhere in the Bible. Death is the cessation of life, not a continuation of it. Adam was not told that he would go to heaven or hell, but simply that he would go back to the dust from which he was created. There is no “soul” that departs from the body because an animated soul is one that breathes. A soul that breathes is alive and a soul that is not breathing is dead. (Ezekiel 18:4) A “soul” in the Bible’s definition of the word ceases to exist at death. But God promises them a resurrection. Do we know what a resurrection is? Jesus demonstrated one very famous one...his friend Lazarus. Where did Jesus say that Lazarus was?
John 11:11-15...
“After saying these things, he said to them, “Our friend Lazarus has fallen asleep, but I go to awaken him.” The disciples said to him, “Lord, if he has fallen asleep, he will recover.” Now Jesus had spoken of his death, but they thought that he meant taking rest in sleep. Then Jesus told them plainly, “Lazarus has died, 15 and for your sake I am glad that I was not there, so that you may believe. But let us go to him.” (ESV)

Did Jesus haul Lazarus’ soul out of heaven and put it back into his lifeless body? Or did Jesus restore his life by putting the breath back in his lungs? After 4 days his body would have started to decompose (as his sister mentioned) but a whole and healthy Lazarus came out of his tomb with his memories intact and grateful to be back with his family and friends. He made no mention of being anywhere.

As the church we are Ambassadors, not kings. This world is still under the rule of sin and death. We are definitely not the priest and kings of Death. We should represent what the Resurrection and the Life is in an ungodly world.
Ambassadors are representative of a government, outside of their homeland. Whilst still on earth, Christ’s “elect” act as ambassadors, but once they are resurrected to heaven, they become “kings and priests” who will serve God in that capacity until the Kingdom (which rules for 1,000 years) has accomplished its goal, to reconcile sinful mankind back into a relationship with their Creator by eliminating the cause of their alienation, sin and it’s resulting death. Jesus’ sacrifice accomplishes this, paying a ransom that no sinful human could provide.

Revelation 20:4 is still a future event. It happens after the battle of Armageddon. It happens after Satan is bound, and the FP and beast are cast into the lake of fire. It applies to those beheaded in the previous 42 months.
Yes, this is when authority to judge is given them, when they come to life and rule with Christ in his Kingdom. This is a heavenly government with earthly subjects.....

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
All that ended with Jesus was the “old covenant”.....he instituted the “new covenant” that had been foretold long ago by the prophet Jeremiah. (Jeremiah 31:31-33)
God’s moral laws still stood but the old covenant sacrifices ended with the ultimate sacrifice of the Christ. (Hebrews 9:11)

What is the “last day resurrection of the OT redeemed”? I have no idea what that even means?
All those who died before Christ opened the way to heaven, remain in their graves, sleeping peacefully whilst awaiting their resurrection. (John 3:13; Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10)

The “elect” were prepared for their life in heaven.....their time on earth was an irritation because their anointing gave them a strong desire to be in heaven with their Lord. This anointing had to override their natural desire to live in paradise on earth with family and friends....those who had no anointing, because not every Christian receives the “heavenly calling”. That is what being “elected” means...they are chosen by God for that rulership role in heaven. They must leave all earthly relationships and ties behind.

It is exactly what was foretold in the parable of the “wheat and the weeds” and other parables describing Israel’s disastrous history of violence against those whom God sent to correct her. Just as Judaism was a corrupted mess when Jesus made his first appearance, so too “Christianity” would be a corrupted mess when he returned. The “weeds” would be dominant until the reapers uproot them and destroy the before they can throw off seeds again.

It’s all there in the scriptures for those with eyes not blinded, and ears not deafened.