When did Daniel 7:13-14 happen?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi Marilyn,

Daniel's beasts are historical. This is affirmed by most recognized Christian exegetes before the 19th century.

Under the Old Covenant, only the high priest alone could enter behind the veil to make annual reconciliation for the sins of the people. Christ fulfilled and satisfied these once and for all for us at Calvary. He would not have been qualified to do so without already being High Priest.

I believe it is God`s word that we first go to. Yes there are Christian teachers who have thought that Dan. 7 beasts were historic, however there are other great teachers who believe they are contemporary to our day.

I will start a thread of this topic soon and we can discuss more there if you want to.

Yes I agree under the Old Covenant only the High priest could go behind the veil once a year. However to go behind the veil he has to carry the blood of the sacrifice and also place the incense and coals of the Golden altar in the censor. These we know symbolize the blood of Christ, His pure life by the fire of the Holy Spirit. This was before Christ entered heaven.

Looks like you believe He had to be the High priest before His sacrifice, whereas I think that He had to fulfill the requirements to be the High Priest first. Might have to look into it further.

Thank you for the interesting discussion. Marilyn.

Reactions: covenantee

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus says different

John 18:36
Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.”

Jesus speaks of a current reality

And where do you believe Jesus' kingdom is now?

In he3aven God the Father is king!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And where do you believe Jesus' kingdom is now?

In heaven God the Father is king!
The Kingdom of God is alive on earth through the "Church", it's a spiritual Kingdom not of this world

Will you claim that the saved "Church" isn't presently in the Kingdom of God, as scripture clearly teaches below?

Colossians 1:12-14KJV
12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
???? Sorry but I have no idea what your saying or asking me
In eternity Jesus approaching the ancient of Days. Then Jesus asks if God is ready to say, "Let there be light".

Do you think this encounter is part of creation, or outside of creation?

That was my point.

Context is key.

But even with context, if outside of creation, Jesus was the Word. Jesus as the Word has always had dominion, power and authority, even before creation.

Do you limit this arrangement as part of creation itself and bound in a specific time frame?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Kingdom of God is alive on earth through the "Church", it's a spiritual Kingdom not of this world

Will you claim that the saved "Church" isn't presently in the Kingdom of God, as scripture clearly teaches below?

12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
That would make it observable. You are now saying the kingdom is observable and earthly?

Paul is saying we are only ambassadors representing the kingdom. The kingdom is definitely not on earth, and not observable. In fact after almost 6,000 years the majority is in Paradise and that is where the kingdom of God is in full force. The church currently on earth is just the "tip of the iceberg".

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In eternity Jesus approaching the ancient of Days. Then Jesus asks if God is ready to say, "Let there be light".

Do you think this encounter is part of creation, or outside of creation?

That was my point.

Context is key.

But even with context, if outside of creation, Jesus was the Word. Jesus as the Word has always had dominion, power and authority, even before creation.

Do you limit this arrangement as part of creation itself and bound in a specific time frame?

I have no idea what you first lines means I don’t understand your point at all. Are you saying that this event happened?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spiritually inside us as God is spirit

No that is teh third person of the trinity loiving inside us! God the Father and God the son are in heaven and it is God the Holy Spirit that is in us! Jesus even said He had to go away so the Spirit would come and dwell in us! That is the bible without interpretation or reinterpretation.

Reactions: Marilyn C

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No that is teh third person of the trinity loiving inside us! God the Father and God the son are in heaven and it is God the Holy Spirit that is in us! Jesus even said He had to go away so the Spirit would come and dwell in us! That is the bible without interpretation or reinterpretation.

And how many Gods are there?

Jesus spirit dwells within us because the Holy Spirit who is God himself in within us thus the kingdom of God dwells in our bodies the temple of God

Reactions: Truth7t7

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would make it observable. You are now saying the kingdom is observable and earthly?

Paul is saying we are only ambassadors representing the kingdom. The kingdom is definitely not on earth, and not observable. In fact after almost 6,000 years the majority is in Paradise and that is where the kingdom of God is in full force. The church currently on earth is just the "tip of the iceberg".
The Kingdom of God lives within the believers of the Church by God the Holy Spirit, just as Jesus Christ taught below

Luke 17:20-21KJV
20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Kingdom of God lives within the believers of the Church by God the Holy Spirit, just as Jesus Christ taught below

Luke 17:20-21KJV
20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
The church is not all on the earth is the point. So saying Adam's dead corruptible flesh is God's temple and the kingdom is of the earth is totally wrong.

The Kingdom of God is literally currently in Paradise. Part of the church is on earth. It is misleading to replace reality claiming only earth in dead flesh is the kingdom.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church is not all on the earth is the point. So saying Adam's dead corruptible flesh is God's temple and the kingdom is of the earth is totally wrong.

The Kingdom of God is literally currently in Paradise. Part of the church is on earth. It is misleading to replace reality claiming only earth in dead flesh is the kingdom.
At no time did I state the kingdom consist "Only" of the church on earth, thats your claim and it's false

You suggest the Kingdom of God is isolated to a specific place you call "Paradise" wrong, the Kingdom lives within the Church on this earth presently

Yes there will be a future Kingdom in the New Heaven and Earth, and the Church will be in it also

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's word teaches Jesus returns in fire and final judgment, dissolving this earth by fire

Scripture teaches it will be a New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem for the righteous, the lake of fire for the wicked

You have old testament saints, ethnic Jews, and the church in three different categories, in different places

Your presentation is found no place in scripture

In Love, Jesus Is The Lord

Last edited:

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God's word teaches Jesus returns in fire and final judgment, dissolving this earth by fire

Scripture teaches it will be a New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem for the righteous, the lake of fire for the wicked

You have old testament saints, ethnic Jews, and the church in three different categories, in different places

Your presentation is found no place in scripture

In Love, Jesus Is The Lord

1. The Body of Christ - in the highest on the Lord`s own throne. (Rev. 3: 21)
2. OT saints in the City, the New Jerusalem. (Heb. 11: 16)
3. Israel ruling over the nations on the earth. (Rev. 21: 24)

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
3. Israel ruling over the nations on the earth. (Rev. 21: 24)
In Love

Marilyn not one word below states "National Israel" will be ruling on this earth over nations, it states "Nations" and "Kings" in the plural, them which are saved, "The Righteous""

Marilyn perhaps you should review Revelation 21:1 below, this earth we are presently in will be gone, passed away, it's a New Earth

The scripture below shows nothing more than the righteous saved in the Eternal New Jerusalem

Revelations 21:24KJV
24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

Revelation 21:1KJV
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Last edited:

Daniel777

May 15, 2022
Central Valley
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the lake of fire on the new earth?

There are many verses which indicate hell is located in the center of the earth:

(Mt 12:40) “So shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth”
(Eph 4:9) “(Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?” (Also see: Ps 63:9)
(Amos 9:2) “Though they dig into hell”
(Isa 14:9) “Hell from beneath” (Also see: Prov 15:24)
(Isa 14:15) “Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.”
(Ezek 31:16) “I cast him down to hell with them that descend into the pit”
(Ezek 31:17) “They also went down into hell with him” (Also see: Ezek 32:27)
(2 Pet 2:4) For God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell”
(Rev 5:3) “Under the earth”