When Does A Christian Become Immortality/Born Again?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thursday 7-6-23 5th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Tammuz 17 5783, 16th. Summer Day

Hello, I have been thinking about the OP and the different posts, but have not received any revelation on what Jesus was talking about to Nicodemus. But I'm glad to have an understanding of these views on this thread and more on other site forums.

I was looking at: It is by scripture we as Christians are not Born Again until we are caught up to be with Christ 1 Thessalonians 4:17, and 1 Corinthians 15:51-58

But here are some views from Bing:
In Christianity, being born again means having a spiritual renewal or change of heart by accepting Jesus as the Savior and Lord. It is not about physical birth or external requirements, but about receiving salvation and becoming part of God’s family1.

The phrase “born again” is frequently misinterpreted. Looking at its primary reference, we see that its meaning is not about physical birth, but about experiencing a spiritual renewal. It is an expression used by many Protestants to define the moment or process of fully accepting faith in Jesus Christ. It is an experience when the teachings of Christianity and Jesus become real, and the “born again” acquire a personal relationship with God2.

Also, we will be in prayer about this process.

Love, Walter And Debbie

Reactions: Cassandra

Only One King

Jul 6, 2023
Busan
Faith
Christian
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Christian Greetings,

Bios= the biological life known as the flesh.
Zoe= the Spiritual Eternal life of God.

My overall point is based on John 11 as to what Jesus said-about being the resurrection and the life.
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life; the one who believes in Me will live, even if he dies, 26 and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?”

God loves you and wants to bless and share the power of his immortal eternal life with you now...not only after you die. Of course- Glorification is the end result whereby sin is totally removed from this treasure we have living within our flesh. The reason we will all be immortally changed is because we have it (the new creature) already within the confines of our mortal flesh. Thankfully we have 1 John 1:8-10 on our side while we serve and wait for this amazing manifestation of the new creature to be revealed.

Paul tells us who we are and what we have as Christians now. Ephesians chapters 1-4

Jeaus is called the 2nd Adam. He came to fix what Adam and Eve had broken. Meaning they brought sin and death into the world.
All of us are born SIN positive. Flesh (Bios) and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God because we are earth born and separated from him spiritually. Neither can the broken bios life fix it no matter how hard we try.
But now because of Jesus/Immanuel.... We can be born again with his Spirit "from above" by receiving/believing in his perfect work through his life, crucifixion on the cross (death) and resurrection. Jesus did it all. By grace through faith we can now be saved spiritual (Zoe) children of God.
In Adam all die. In Jesus Christ we can all be made alive (Zoe).
John 1:12-13 explains it well.
What is great is that you receive eternal life instantly when you believe in Jesus Christ.
From that day forward we have-John 10:28-30 -Jesus and God the Father hold you in their hands together and no one (Romans 8:38-39) will be able to take you away or undo what God has done in you because you believed in Jesus whom God had sent to fix what the broken bios man couldn't.

Praise Him... trust Him, obey Him, follow Him and serve Him. Where Jesus is there is freedom forever beginning now.... :)

Be blessed

Last edited:
Reactions: Patrick1966

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
op: Christian 'immortality' vs 'new birth'?

Precious friends, yes they are two Different subjects:

1) New birth is God's Eternal Relationship That He 'Establishes' with us, making us
'alive as spiritual children of God' in the present tense:

Rom_8:14 "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God."​

Rightly Divided (2 Timothy 2:15) From “Things That Differ” (online)

2) immortality happens at our 'glorification' when the "corruptible/mortal flesh"
of God's 'children' is changed at the Future resurrection:

"Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,​
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall
sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For
this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality."
(1Co 15:51-53)​

More here: Three Tenses Of God's Eternal Salvation

Amen.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thursday 7-6-23 5th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Tammuz 17 5783, 16th. Summer Day

Hello, I have been thinking about the OP and the different posts, but have not received any revelation on what Jesus was talking about to Nicodemus. But I'm glad to have an understanding of these views on this thread and more on other site forums.

I was looking at: It is by scripture we as Christians are not Born Again until we are caught up to be with Christ 1 Thessalonians 4:17, and 1 Corinthians 15:51-58

But here are some views from Bing:
In Christianity, being born again means having a spiritual renewal or change of heart by accepting Jesus as the Savior and Lord. It is not about physical birth or external requirements, but about receiving salvation and becoming part of God’s family1.

The phrase “born again” is frequently misinterpreted. Looking at its primary reference, we see that its meaning is not about physical birth, but about experiencing a spiritual renewal. It is an expression used by many Protestants to define the moment or process of fully accepting faith in Jesus Christ. It is an experience when the teachings of Christianity and Jesus become real, and the “born again” acquire a personal relationship with God2.

Also, we will be in prayer about this process.

Love, Walter And Debbie

It is important in understanding what it is to be "born again" (or when) to take a full grasp of the distinction that Jesus made, saying, "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." John 3:6 In other words, being born again is not "having a spiritual renewal or change of heart." But rather that to be born again, one is quite literally (and biblically) a completely "new creation."

With this understanding and clarification then, what Paul was referring to in 1 Corinthians 15:51-58, is that "we who are alive and remain", remain in the world, but also remain in the flesh (in His service)-- which being "alive", "it is no longer we who live, but Christ who lives in us." And that is not all! Not all indeed, for He also said, "Because I live, you will live also." All of which, by definition, means we "are no longer two, but one flesh"--meaning "marriage."

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was looking at: It is by scripture we as Christians are not Born Again until we are caught up to be with Christ

Are you sure?

1 Peter 1:23
English Standard Version
23 since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God;

Reactions: ScottA

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it is our understanding, also 1 Peter 1:23.

Love, Walter
Walter,

Perhaps you could elaborate, as it does appear that you have contradicted 1 Peter 1:23 in your above OP, but then here "also" acknowledge it??

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Walter,

Perhaps you could elaborate, as it does appear that you have contradicted 1 Peter 1:23 in your above OP, but then here "also" acknowledge it??
Yes, Scott, and how are you? I use to think that I was Born Again by what Jesus had said to Nicodemus mostly and by what Peter had said, but lately, I asked the Lord about what He was talking about and was I Born Again?

And then this is what came to my mind 1 Thessalonians 4:17, and 1 Corinthians 15:51-58 Being caught with Him is really being Born Again unto His Family, this is the reason that I said that in my post #1.

Love, Walter

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Scott, and how are you? I use to think that I was Born Again by what Jesus had said to Nicodemus mostly and by what Peter had said, but lately, I asked the Lord about what He was talking about and was I Born Again?

And then this is what came to my mind 1 Thessalonians 4:17, and 1 Corinthians 15:51-58 Being caught with Him is really being Born Again unto His Family, this is the reason that I said that in my post #1.

Love, Walter

Thanks for elaborating!

And yet there is no contradiction between the afore mentioned passages. What is actually being said and clarified if not only eluded to by Paul, is that being "born again" is also to be "caught up." We are likely to imagine that this means when we pass from this world. But no, notice that he says "in the clouds" and "in the air"-- these are not heavenly terms, but worldly. Meaning, that just as Jesus (and also John) spoke of His disciples as having (past tense) "passed from death to life"--indeed, it is not for all to pass from this world in death first, but for many to pass from death to life (to be born again), as Paul also said, "alive" while remaining in the world.

In other words, when all of these things are fully realized and clear, the goalposts of understanding all move--just as we "were" crucified with Christ--to that time wherein all was and is accomplished and finished in Christ.

Oh, I am doing well, and-- Happy Birthday!

Last edited:
Reactions: WalterandDebbie