• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I surely don't believe in the rapture theory. Ezekiel chapter 13, Jesus hates the fly away doctrine. But I respect other people's beliefs. Revelation chapter 7, the four winds held back, until servants of God are sealed. This is when the end comes. Ephesians are 6, gospel armory is needed to stand against antichrist lies and deception. Its knowledge and wisdom of God's word. Revelation chapter 7 and ephesians chapter 6, when the servants of God are sealed. Antichrist will come 6th trump.

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Many views of Jesus' Second Coming are floating around out there. Which one is true?

This one.

Act 3
17 “Now, brothers, I know that you acted in ignorance [not fully aware of what you were doing], just as your rulers did also. 18 And so God has fulfilled what He foretold by the mouth of all the prophets, that His Christ (Messiah, Anointed) would suffer.

19 So repent [change your inner self—your old way of thinking, regret past sins] and return [to God—seek His purpose for your life], so that your sins may be wiped away [blotted out, completely erased], so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord [restoring you like a cool wind on a hot day];

20 and that He may send [to you] Jesus, the Christ, who has been appointed for you, 21 whom heaven must keep until the time for the [complete] restoration of all things about which God promised through the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time.

After much patience and grace and times of refreshing, Jesus will come again to restore all things as his reward is with him.

SEE Rev 22,

12 “Behold, I (Jesus) am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to each one according to the merit of his deeds (earthly works, faithfulness). 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End [the Eternal One].”

14 Blessed (happy, prosperous, to be admired) are those who wash their robes [in the blood of Christ by believing and trusting in Him—the righteous who do His commandments], so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city.

Those on his right will inherit a totally restored and pristine environment as it was at the foundation of the world and enter the gates of the NJ....and those found at his left will suffer the final judgment of the LOF. Death will be thrown into the lof confirming that this is indeed the restoration of all things from the foundation of the world.

Matt 25

The Judgment​

31 “But when the Son of Man comes in His glory and majesty and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him [for judgment]; and He will separate them from one another, as a shepherd separates his sheep from the goats; 33 and He will put the sheep on His right [the place of honor], and the goats on His left [the place of rejection].

34 “Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father [you favored of God, appointed to eternal salvation], inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

41 “Then He will say to those on His left, ‘Leave Me, you cursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels (demons);

That is what happens when Jesus finally leaves heaven a second time to receive us to himself.

That deserves an AMEN and you all should be leaping for absolute Joy.

Last edited:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This one.

Act 3
17 “Now, brothers, I know that you acted in ignorance [not fully aware of what you were doing], just as your rulers did also. 18 And so God has fulfilled what He foretold by the mouth of all the prophets, that His Christ (Messiah, Anointed) would suffer.

19 So repent [change your inner self—your old way of thinking, regret past sins] and return [to God—seek His purpose for your life], so that your sins may be wiped away [blotted out, completely erased], so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord [restoring you like a cool wind on a hot day];

20 and that He may send [to you] Jesus, the Christ, who has been appointed for you, 21 whom heaven must keep until the time for the [complete] restoration of all things about which God promised through the mouth of His holy prophets from ancient time.

After much patience and grace and times of refreshing, Jesus will come again to restore all things as his reward is with him.

SEE Rev 22,

12 “Behold, I (Jesus) am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to each one according to the merit of his deeds (earthly works, faithfulness). 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End [the Eternal One].”

14 Blessed (happy, prosperous, to be admired) are those who wash their robes [in the blood of Christ by believing and trusting in Him—the righteous who do His commandments], so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city.

Those on his right will inherit a totally restored and pristine environment as it was at the foundation of the world and enter the gates of the NJ....and those found at his left will suffer the final judgment of the LOF. Death will be thrown into the lof confirming that this is indeed the restoration of all things from the foundation of the world.

Matt 25

The Judgment​

31 “But when the Son of Man comes in His glory and majesty and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him [for judgment]; and He will separate them from one another, as a shepherd separates his sheep from the goats; 33 and He will put the sheep on His right [the place of honor], and the goats on His left [the place of rejection].

34 “Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father [you favored of God, appointed to eternal salvation], inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

41 “Then He will say to those on His left, ‘Leave Me, you cursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels (demons);

That is what happens when Jesus finally leaves heaven a second time to receive us to himself.

That deserves an AMEN and you all should be leaping for absolute Joy.
I agree with all the scriptures you presented. Amen

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I surely don't believe in the rapture theory.
So you don't believe in these verses:
For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.
1 Thes. 4:16-17

Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality
1 Cor. 4:16-17
Being "caught up" or "snatched" is what is referred to as the Rapture. Another word for it is our RESURRECTION. We will be translated from either our dead bodies or our live mortal bodies into immortal, multi-dimensional, spiritual bodies like Jesus has.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In The Day of the Lord is a period of time, not one day. In examining the scriptures we see that His Judgments encompass many days and years and also different periods of time. 1 Thes. 5:1-2 also alludes tonthe day being times and seasons.
2 Cor. 1:14 tells us we will boast of each other's faith during the day of the Lord ... will we just have one day to do that?

* He comes as a thief in the night (1 Thes. 5:2; Rev. 3:3, 16:15)
> This is a phrase that was commonly used before the Gallilean Wedding Day. It was their custom. Only the Father knew when the wedding would take place. The engagement was a year prior to that time so they knew the season, even the week but not the exact day. So the Bride, Groom, Bridesmaids and guests had to be dressed and prepared each night before bed with enough oil in their lamps. Then the Father would tell his son, It's time, go get your bride. He would march through the town and blow a shofar announcing that this is the night and for all who are invited and ready to come. He would get his bride and she would be lifted up and carried to the Father's house. Now it was said that they referred to this act as her being flown there ( as we are caught up and taken to heaven). All went into his father's house and the doors were shut. They wed and feasted for 7 days. Anyone not ready and late could not get in.
Jesus and all his disciples were from Gallilee, so they understood the stories and protocol of His future return for His Bride and Wedding.

*He comes against the proud and lofty (Isaiah 2:12)
* He comes in wrath to destroy sinners and make land desolate (Isaiah 13:6, 9; Joel 1:15; Rev.6:17)
* To battle in the Valley of Decision
(Ezek.13:5, 30:3; Acts 3:14; Rev.16:14)
This is Armageddon
* When He comes there will be bitterness, wrath, devastation, darkness and gloom, clouds (Zech. 1:14-15; Joel 2:31)
* I will send you Elijah before I will return
(Malachi 4:5)
Well, that is one witness! Who is the other? Moses, Enoch?

This following passage suggests total destruction, not only of sinners but all former things, so this period is after the Millennial Kingdom. This would include the Great White Throne Judgment.

* To destroy the First Heavens and Earth, Hades ( and everyone soul in it), Death, Satan and his demons in a fervent heat. (2Peter 3:10)

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In The Day of the Lord is a period of time, not one day. In examining the scriptures we see that His Judgments encompass many days and years and also different periods of time.
Your claims are "False"

The day of the Lord is like a "Theif In The Night" it comes sudden and quickly, as birth pains upon a woman in labor, as the earth is "Dissolved" by the Lord's fire (The End)

1 Thessalonians 5:2-3KJV
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

2 Peter 3:10KJV
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

Last edited:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your claims are "False"

The day of the Lord is like a "Theif In The Night" it comes sudden and quickly, as birth pains upon a woman in labor, as the earth is "Dissolved" by the Lord's fire (The End)

2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
So to you, all the judgments in Revelation occur on one day? Obviously, He appears on a particular day, but there are so many things tied to that day,
The wrath and destruction are spread out for 3 1/2 years and then after the MK more judgment. 1 Thes. 5:1-2 clearly equates "times and seasons" with the "day of the Lord".

I see it as His rule over the nations of the world beginning as seen in Rev. 11:15. Not only His judgment but the beginning of His Kingdom on earth for 1000 years and forever.
Scholars agree ... do a search.
But hey, you can believe what you want. Don't care to go back and forth.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So to you, all the judgments in Revelation occur on one day? Obviously, He appears on a particular day, but there are so many things tied to that day,
The wrath and destruction are spread out for 3 1/2 years and then after the MK more judgment. 1 Thes. 5:1-2 clearly equates "times and seasons" with the "day of the Lord".

I see it as His rule over the nations of the world beginning as seen in Rev. 11:15. Not only His judgment but the beginning of His Kingdom on earth for 1000 years and forever.
Scholars agree ... do a search.
But hey, you can believe what you want. Don't care to go back and forth.
Ron your claims that the day of the Lord takes place over years is 100% "False"

That seen below is like a thief in the night, birth pains of a woman in labor, sudden destruction

Honestly it's time for you to reconsider your eschatology Ron, it doesn't match up to the scripture below "The Truth"

In Love, Jesus Is The Lord

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"What is of God is actually not" of God? A contadiction. He created things as they are and told us about things to come. You always sound like everything is an illusion, we are in a twilight zone of something.
This is in our time. We will be changed in less than a second. A scientist said a twinkling of an eye is like 1/20 of a second.
That's not what I said or meant. What I said and meant is the things of times are of this world, and God is not. Do you understand this? Do you understand what that means to what is written-- that "rightly divided" none of the events of time are [actually] heavenly events, but are only revealed in times?

So, no, "in the twinkling of an eye" being a time-term only refers to the time of revealing, while the outcome is not in this world at all...but rather as it is also written, occurs "in the clouds of heaven." In other words, the things of this world and the things of heaven are not correctly understood unless "rightly divided" as to which is of times and which is not but of eternity in God.
You confuse the Great Tribulation, a period of 3 1/2 years, when over half the population die and many things occur, with and individual's death. Anyone who has died in Christ has died in his own order, no argument there! But the Resurrection of billions at once will not occur separately, but as a massive group.
Again, these things must be "rightly divided." But, no, I am not confusing them but making a distinction between what is only revealed in the times of this world and is of this world, as compared to what is instead distinctly of God and not of this world.

Thus, "Great Tribulation" (since you mentioned it), "3 1/2 years", "half the population die", and "an individual's death", all occur in times and "but each one in his own order." While, yes, those same "billions" who come into, die, and leave this world "but each one in his own order"--even stated as two resurrections...all arrive in heaven "as a massive group"--together, having left behind the created world, as well as time.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im banished again to weeping and gnashing of teeth, big smiles!

Jesus Is The Lord

Jesus first gave the "there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth" warning to that "evil generation." But because you do not believe He actually meant that "this" generation was that generation to who He gave the warning, it is therefore repeated to you also of "this" generation, for the times are no less evil.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This war, likely nuclear, creates so much smoke in the sky that it blocks out the sun, moon and stars...
Many people assume it will be a nuclear war. But what we see are divine supernatural judgments. As well as cataclysmic cosmic events.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ron your claims that the day of the Lord takes place over years is 100% "False"

That seen below is like a thief in the night, birth pains of a woman in labor, sudden destruction

Honestly it's time for you to reconsider your eschatology Ron, it doesn't match up to the scripture below "The Truth"

In Love, Jesus Is The Lord

There should a special section for Amillennials.
I got an idea, no offense, it's just that there is this wall, a disconnect between us concerning eschatology. God Bless you. I will see you in the Millennial Kingdom and we will have a laugh about it.

Preference: Premillennials only!

Last edited:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not what I said or meant. What I said and meant is the things of times are of this world, and God is not. Do you understand this? Do you understand what that means to what is written-- that "rightly divided" none of the events of time are [actually] heavenly events, but are only revealed in times?

So, no, "in the twinkling of an eye" being a time-term only refers to the time of revealing, while the outcome is not in this world at all...but rather as it is also written, occurs "in the clouds of heaven." In other words, the things of this world and the things of heaven are not correctly understood unless "rightly divided" as to which is of times and which is not but of eternity in God.

Again, these things must be "rightly divided." But, no, I am not confusing them but making a distinction between what is only revealed in the times of this world and is of this world, as compared to what is instead distinctly of God and not of this world.

Thus, "Great Tribulation" (since you mentioned it), "3 1/2 years", "half the population die", and "an individual's death", all occur in times and "but each one in his own order." While, yes, those same "billions" who come into, die, and leave this world "but each one in his own order"--even stated as two resurrections...all arrive in heaven "as a massive group"--together, having left behind the created world, as well as time.
We all know that time here on earth is physically measured and God is outside our time domain (minites, hours, days, years, etc.) John was in Heaven and he sensed (tried to estimate) how long a silence in heaven was when the 7th Seal was opened to be about 1/2 hour. Spiritual time should be similar, just not measured the same way. Time in the spiritual realm, is a moment to moment experience. If you have a conversation with someone on earth for one hour and let's say you are constantly talking back and forth at a rate of 200 words/ minute. Now why wouldn't that same conversation in heaven take any more or less time? So instead we would live not by the clock, but moment to moment, from one experience to the next for eternity. These moments will add up and we can reflect on them as they existed in the past, we just won't be concerned about time. It won't have the value that it does here because we will have lots of it.
"Heaven Is For Real" was a good book and movie btw. Colton Burpo experienced heaven and seemed to have done a lot of things, saw and spoke to Jesus, spoke to a sister he didn't know he had, met a great Grandfather he never heard about and did all that while he was being operated on in the hospital for a few hours. The interesting part was that his "older" sister in heaven was a miscarried fetus at two months of pregnancy. But she had grown to an age equivalent to a year older than Colton, so a little taller. Time seemed to pass equally in parrellel dimensions. ??

The Resurrection of billions of souls happens in a split second, not each one in his own order - physical death happens that way.

Last edited:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many people assume it will be a nuclear war. But what we see are divine supernatural judgments. As well as cataclysmic cosmic events.
That is certainly His perogative. But historically God uses us to destroy eachother and natural causes. Before he shows up, evil men will use deadly weapons. But when He finally shows, yes supernatural powers.
Zech. 14:12 describes the effects of a neutron bomb, where while someone is standing on their feet, their flesh dissolves (burns) before their bones drop.
"And this shall be the plague with which the Lord will strike all the people who fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet, Their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets, And their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths."

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmmx1:
Not in the way I do lol.
Shut the door on discussing that one didn't you?
Wanted to be polite. Serioisly, scripture does not conflict with my view. Amillennials conflict with all Premillennial views - there are a few of you in this thread.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If all you are looking for is a pat on the back , then I cannot help you.
Didn't ask for help, nor praise. Just sharing. No Premillennial view will penetrate you resistance.
If you are so sure there will be no Millennial Kingdom, ask God not to be a part of it. Ask to be resurrected at the end of time (2 Peter 3:10). He is merciful, He won't answer that prayer and surprise you

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all know that time here on earth is physically measured and God is outside our time domain (minites, hours, days, years, etc.) John was in Heaven and he sensed (tried to estimate) how long a silence in heaven was when the 6th Seal was opened to be about 1/2 hour. Spiritual time should be similar, just not measured the same way. Time in the spiritual realm, is a moment to moment experience. If you have a conversation with someone on earth for one hour and let's say you are constantly talking back and forth at a rate of 200 words/ minute. Now why wouldn't that same conversation in heaven take any more or less time? So instead we would live not by the clock, but moment to moment, from one experience to the next for eternity. These moments will add up and we can reflect on them as they existed in the past, we just won't be concerned about time. It won't have the value that it does here because we will have lots of it.
"Heaven Is For Real" was a good book and movie btw. Colton Burpo experienced heaven and seemed to have done a lot of things, saw and spoke to Jesus, spoke to a sister he didn't know he had, met a great Grandfather he never heard about and did all that while he was being operated on in the hospital for a few hours. The interesting part was that his "older" sister in heaven was a miscarried fetus at two months of pregnancy. But she had grown to an age equivalent to a year older than Colton, so a little taller. Time seemed to pass equally in parrellel dimensions. ??

The Resurrection of billions of souls happens in a split second, not each one in his own order - physical death happens that way.

Even every "moment" has an end...and the point is, Heaven does not have an end. So, I know it is natural to reason it as you have, but it doesn't actually work that way. I submit that the "silence in heaven for half an hour" was not a reference to time in heaven, but simply a convenient way of identifying rather the "dividing" done by God between good and evil...just as it is in "a time, times, and a half of time" and also the dividing of "light from the darkness."

Thanks for the movie tip!

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno