Where’s the rapture in the Bible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You come off as a scoffer and a mocker. ...
Luke 17
[34] I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.
[35] Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
[36] Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

/quote​
Not a "scoffer", but certainly one who's mocking YOU! You have a FALSE Agenda which defies Scripture and you don't like me pointing out your ERROR.

So once again you stop at verse 36 so you don't have to address verse 37.

Lke 17
34 I say unto you, In that night there shall be two men on one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.

35 There shall be two women grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.

36 [There shall be two men in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.]
37 And they answering say unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Where the body [is], thither will the eagles also be gathered together.

And it's OK to be dishonest with yourself, -- but did you really think we're so stupid to believe your dishonesty?
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The middle of 7 years or the middle of 7 days? If Jesus had 7 years, then 3.5 have been completed. Jesus was in the grave 3 days, no? How long was he dead on the Cross?

No part of the 70th week was completed by Christ. Those that believe the 3 1/2 years of his ministry are connected w/ the 70th week, do err. Christ didn't "come" when he began his ministry, he fulfilled his prophesied coming just before his crucifixion w/ His triumphal entry into Jerusalem per Zech. 9:9 - "Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your King is coming to you; He is just and having salvation, Lowly and riding on a donkey, A colt, the foal of a donkey."

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not a "scoffer", but certainly one who's mocking YOU! You have a FALSE Agenda which defies Scripture and you don't like me pointing out your ERROR.

Lke 17
34 I say unto you, In that night there shall be two men on one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.

35 There shall be two women grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.

36 [There shall be two men in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.]
37 And they answering say unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Where the body [is], thither will the eagles also be gathered together.

And it's OK to be dishonest with yourself, -- but did you really think we're so stupid to believe your dishonesty?
Bobby Jo

Just wanted to add that in this context, the "eagles" are vultures/carrion eaters.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just wanted to add that in this context, the "eagles" are vultures/carrion eaters.

... so if this were the "rapture", then why does everyone else (Enoch, Elijah, the Two Witnesses) ascend BODILY? Unless these DEAD have accepted the Mark of the Beast, and WILL NOT enter the Millennial Kingdom ...

Conversely, AT THE END of the Millennial Kingdom, Jesus WILL ASCEND WITH HIS CHURCH to the New Jerusalem. -- Yeah, like a "rapture".
Bobby Jo

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The torment the two gave the world was naming the Antichrist, Satan. This was unthinkable, for their traditions taught them otherwise.
I agree with your post. It is what the Lord's taught me in my readings, but I'm not sure that this one conclusion is warranted. The kind of political insanity I've been seeing regarding American politics is a proof that some people can be tormented by opposing ideologies, but I'm reasonably sure that some people who accept the mark of the beast will do so because they value their lives more than they fear God. It will be a time of strong delusion and people will worship the beast, but people that are genuine atheists and indifferent to God will always be able to explain away miracles whether genuine or manufactured for deception. I think droughts with their concomitant food shortages and lack of potable water, and nothing to drink but blood, would qualify as pretty severe torment. Jesus seemed to think so when he described the rich man in torment and poor Lazarus resting in Abraham's bosom. Good post though, with pretty careful exegesis.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No part of the 70th week was completed by Christ.
Correct. Why would it be completed by Christ when it was assigned to the Antichrist? This is so elementary that it should not even have to be debated.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... so if this were the "rapture", then why does everyone else (Enoch, Elijah, the Two Witnesses) ascend BODILY? Unless these DEAD have accepted the Mark of the Beast, and WILL NOT enter the Millennial Kingdom ...

Conversely, AT THE END of the Millennial Kingdom, Jesus WILL ASCEND WITH HIS CHURCH to the New Jerusalem. -- Yeah, like a "rapture".
Bobby Jo

It doesn't have anything to do w/ the rapture. I believe the "taken" are the church. The ones left behind become part of the dead bodies from Rev.19:17,18.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still no 70 sevens. -- Not Scriptural, not Historical, = NOT TRUE!

Bobby Jo
I'm not sure what you're arguing here but the 70 weeks are indeed scriptural and 69 of them are historical and it has been proven over and over again. The 70th is yet to come because no one can prove that everything has been accomplished plus there are so many other biblical prophecies regarding this time that haven't even come close to being fulfilled, I suspect the "right thinking" of those that say otherwise.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Lke 17

Bobby Jo

It was addressed. But mockers will be mockers, as it is written of them.

" In any event, the statement by Jesus could well mean that those who are left behind are left with the dead body (false doctrine) where the eagles of this world gather, i.e., the one world & one religion system, which is led by the anti-christ. The wise Virgins are taken home via the one-flight out, aka Rapture, as written in Matthew 25."

Last edited: