Where do people go when they die?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My friend that is a lot of information; It is all conjecture as well from your belief system you have in your own mind which all people have.

It’s a challenge to wrestle around with God on these things. As Charity mentioned that verse and it got me thinking but I didn’t understand it. In the car ride to work, I asked God what would that mean and he redirected me to Jesus.

Jesus paid for the soul that sins. That is something one must remember that God has reconciled the entire world to himself and some do not even like or fathom the idea of it being true.

If you are a futurist believer and you see that hell is a place people still go then they are resurrected at Christ return and everything…

That is what your mind will think of.

My view sees hell is empty because the Bible indicates it in revelation 20, some people don’t believe this.

So it’s all conjecture everything that is brought forth is based one ones knowledge of the Word and that was why I brought the scripture out to remind everyone’s Gods will.

Because I don’t believe God stops calling His creation to himself even after death.

That’s a hard reality for some and conjecture on my part though I believe it.

One has to make up their own mind about what they believe and I’m not forcing anyone to believe my own view.

Much love sister; @stunnedbygrace dont forget about Christ Jesus and what God did for everyone! How great is the God we serve our Father who adopted us, and also saved those who haven’t believed yet.

Faithless go outside the kingdom,
Faithfuls go inside.

Glory to Him.

Even if I am wrong I still love God and trust his provisions.

With love,
Matthew G

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @stunnedbygrace,

Yet, the thread is concerned with physical death, and not the state whereby the unbeliever is reckoned to be 'spiritually dead', isn't it? :)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Yes…but it is Mathews thread and I guess he can go in whichever direction he would like and also in whatever direction his thread leads to!
Why (just out of curiosity),do you put the term spiritually dead into marks?‘Spiritually dead.’

And why do you say “reckoned” to be spiritually dead? You are either spiritually dead or you are not…

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My friend that is a lot of information; It is all conjecture as well from your belief system you have in your own mind which all people have.

You are getting a little bit nihilistic (is that the right word?).
I think the goal is to examine what beliefs we might be holding in our own mind that came from a man/men that might not actually fit with the whole of scripture so we can grow in understanding. It isn’t an easy feat because a tiny bit of the leaven of a man, even a well meaning man, gums up the works and isn’t easy to remove.

You have removed some! You do not believe that all men will live eternally, that they are born with eternal life in them. You have seen that scripture doesn’t support the thought. It’s a huge piece of leaven.

Last edited:

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes…but it is Mathews thread and I guess he can go in whichever direction he would like and also in whatever direction his thread leads to!
Why (just out of curiosity),do you put the term spiritually dead into marks?‘Spiritually dead.’

And why do you say “reckoned” to be spiritually dead? You are either spiritually dead or you are not…
Hello @stunnedbygrace,

I am glad you have responded to my post, for I began to wonder if you had me listed as one that you did not want to see posts from, because you have not responded to my previous post. :)

I meant neither yourself or @MatthewG any offense: but just wanted to clarify the fact that it was physical death that was under discussion, so that there would be no confusion. I used the marks to highlight both terms and differentiate between them.

Within the love of Christ our Saviour,
Our Lord and Head.
Chris

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are getting a little bit nihilistic (is that the right word?).
I think the goal is to examine what beliefs we might be holding in our own mind that came from a man/men that might not actually fit with the whole of scripture so we can grow in understanding. It isn’t an easy feat because a tiny bit of the leaven of a man, even a well meaning man, gums up the works and isn’t easy to remove.

You have removed some! You do not believe that all men will live eternally, that they are born with eternal life in them. You have seen that scripture doesn’t support the thought. It’s a huge piece of leaven.

You will have to me more specific. Otherwise your words are misunderstood.

Definition of nihilism

1a: a viewpoint that traditional values and beliefs are unfounded and that existence is senseless and uselessNihilism is a condition in which all ultimate values lose their value.— Ronald H. Nash
b: a doctrine that denies any objective ground of truth and especially of moral truths
2a: a doctrine or belief that conditions in the social organization are so bad as to make destruction desirable for its own sake independent of any constructive program or possibility
b capitalized : the program of a 19th century Russian party advocating revolutionary reform and using terrorism and assassination

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember this I don’t hold on to the traditional sense of what has been handed down by the church through the generation ; like Jesus coming back; or that we are in the last days,

Those are things that were to come in that generation @stunnedbygrace so you’ll have to be very clear to me what it is you see wrong with my system of belief which may be wrong to some but to me it is sound.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @stunnedbygrace,

I am glad you have responded to my post, for I began to wonder if you had me listed as one that you did not want to see posts from, because you have not responded to my previous post. :)

I meant neither yourself or @MatthewG any offense: but just wanted to clarify the fact that it was physical death that was under discussion, so that there would be no confusion. I used the marks to highlight both terms and differentiate between them.

Within the love of Christ our Saviour,
Our Lord and Head.
Chris

No offense taken. I tend to get passionate about my belief in totally guilty of it. Because I desire for the revelation to be as it is. With people on the outside and people on the inside all in spiritual bodies given by God. And desire to have to love for the lost and hope to help them after this life by the grace of God and by the strength of Christ.

I don’t know you personally view the after life with God or @stunnedbygrace or @quietthinker

We all each my have a difference in what the looks like and it comes from our subjective standpoints of looking at scripture. I’m always pointing to revelation cause it’s what Jesus presents to us through the visions John has.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You will have to me more specific. Otherwise your words are misunderstood.

Definition of nihilism

1a: a viewpoint that traditional values and beliefs are unfounded and that existence is senseless and uselessNihilism is a condition in which all ultimate values lose their value.— Ronald H. Nash
b: a doctrine that denies any objective ground of truth and especially of moral truths
2a: a doctrine or belief that conditions in the social organization are so bad as to make destruction desirable for its own sake independent of any constructive program or possibility
b capitalized : the program of a 19th century Russian party advocating revolutionary reform and using terrorism and assassination

Oh, yes, I’m sorry I didn’t explain that! I actually meant to.
When I say nihilistic, what I meant is sort of…the thought that everyone has beliefs in their mind that are different and so no one can really know if they or anyone else has anything right. That’s what I was terming as a bit nihilistic. It almost appeared to me like saying sort of…well, we all have some leaven and it’s impossible to remove at this point so we can’t really know much of anything.

But you ended it with a very wise sentence! You may have thrown up your hands but in the end you chose the better part - love God and trust Him.

Reactions: MatthewG

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think our judgement of Hitler and his cohorts as being totally depraved and fiendish is somehow wrong, that they weren't evil enough? Surely even they couldn't imagine the dream of being able to torture their victims forever... Yet we grant God the attribute of righteousness and justice for doing so?
When I really think about this, I realize there is much I don't know.

You frame this a certain way, but that's not the only way to frame it. Suffering can be a mercy. Suffering showed me a love for God, and God's love for me, I could only dream of, pine for, but never see. Suffering causes us to cease from sin.

I don't expect that suffering will cause the condemned to "see God's love". But suffering can be a mercy, if the alternative is unrestrained and eternal sinfulness. And again, if indeed the soul of man was made to last, if indeed the worm that never dies is the man destroyed by God, even as Jesus said, I am a worm and not a man.

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember this I don’t hold on to the traditional sense of what has been handed down by the church through the generation ; like Jesus coming back; or that we are in the last days,

Those are things that were to come in that generation @stunnedbygrace so you’ll have to be very clear to me what it is you see wrong with my system of belief which may be wrong to some but to me it is sound.

oh…yes, I forgot that you do not yet believe in our gathering together before Gods wrath! If I’m remembering correctly, you think we are in the millennium?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@stunnedbygrace

This the best explanation that can be given.

That wrath to come was to come upon the nation of Israel if you consider context my friend and sister @stunnedbygrace. There was the second Adam “Jesus” who also had a bride the ‘bride of Christ’.

That bride of Christ are the ones in the Bible who are exclaimed by the Apostles as elected, predestined, foreknowledged by God to be the chosen people whom where the bride of Christ, in that day in age who would be gathered and taken out of the tribulations and wrath to come upon the nation of Israel.

God was divorcing Israel and going on to all of the world which was why Gentiles were brought in. So because of all this and believing that all have been completed as far Jesus speaking about his return truthfully to the disciples then and there about the destruction of the temple as well, and that they would not make it to all of Israel before the return would come upon them in which they would see great horrors, and even suffer death at unbelievers hands then and there.

I believe in what is called living in the age of fulfillment where all of the prophecy in scriptures have been fulfilled, including revelation, however I do not believe that the kingdom of God stops growing because of it being completed.

The scripture is important to help us in the hope we have in God and that things in this life can be overcame by the spirit of Christ that lives in us whatever may be a thorn in our sides like Paul. Which God said to him his grace was sufficient enough for Paul. Thankfully that means for us to because we all have some type of thorn in our side.

With love to you thank you for asking,
Matthew G

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe in what is called living in the age of fulfillment where all of the prophecy in scriptures have been fulfilled

okay. Given that, I wonder what you do with certain verses, but…this is where you currently are. We are all currently where we are in understanding. Lol.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have my own Bible teachings on YouTube I’ve went through all the book of James and currently going through mark however I kind of stopped making videos at the moment, because of things going on in life but maybe by the grace of God I’ll be able to keep going, and making them.

I would love to do Revelation but as explained before I am not equipped enough with the information to do so however there is a Thompson Chain reference Bible owned to explains that there are three views one bing futurist, one being pertrist, one being idealist it didn’t mention it but there is also history view,

So it’s nothing new. It’s already been done before, it’s just certain way people view the scriptures.

Some people believe as though we are living in the Apostolic Age which I believe was finished in 70ad.

Of course you’ll have to take in the whole of context when doing these studies along with the history of the places written to by the apostles.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2YYjMIklIREIxixdSB0YQfQChekhuJVM

this stuff takes time and it’s challenging.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my gosh, Mathew, I was tickled to death to be able to see your face and hear your voice.
Such a handsome young man!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@stunnedbygrace it’s believed by me that seeing someone’s face and hearing them talk expresses far more ones character than that of the words being read to yourself by others in your own voice. It tends to get messy sometimes I believe.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I really think about this, I realize there is much I don't know.

You frame this a certain way, but that's not the only way to frame it. Suffering can be a mercy. Suffering showed me a love for God, and God's love for me, I could only dream of, pine for, but never see. Suffering causes us to cease from sin.

I don't expect that suffering will cause the condemned to "see God's love". But suffering can be a mercy, if the alternative is unrestrained and eternal sinfulness. And again, if indeed the soul of man was made to last, if indeed the worm that never dies is the man destroyed by God, even as Jesus said, I am a worm and not a man.

Much love!

Believe suffering can produce character as well, especially one suffering for Christ.

I may be wrong though.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe suffering can produce character as well, especially one suffering for Christ.

I may be wrong though.
It can, I think, and in the believer, is promised that it will. "And afterword, the peaceable fruit of righteousness", "that the dying of our mortal bodies may produce the life of Jesus", something like that.

Much love!

Reactions: MatthewG

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Where do people go when they die . That is the title of this thread .
So here is a real simple answer . THOSE who believed IN JESUS will be with HIM .
Those who denied HIM , well the lake of fire burns bright and hot .
Come to JESUS one and all that ye may have eternal life .
Spot on brother.
The only way to be saved and have eternal life after this life is through the biblical Lord Jesus. To learn more about the biblical Lord Jesus is to read those KJV bibles.
Let us dance a jig to the Lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.