Where do people go when they die?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
#1 statement of the day!
We are in a race of trust.
Truth is for the purposes of clarity, stability and joy. In itself it is simple, straight forward and liberating however, when error finds its way in it is evidenced as confusion, pride, control and many words.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth is for the purposes of clarity, stability and joy. In itself it is simple, straight forward and liberating however, when error finds its way in it is evidenced as confusion, pride, control and many words.

I just need to get my understanding of Revelation down then one day will be able to teach it friend.

It’s a difficult book and am reading it now,

Something occurred out to me just now when stunnedbygrace was asking about flashes of heaven or something another and came across this revelation 11.

It would be difficult to do a verse by study here there so many interpretations down, I’m not exactly prideful, I do believe all of these things are over regardless of having the if information to please everyone right away which was one reason I offered up to see my teacher who has done the study of Revelation which again takes … extremely painful amount of time.

I don’t believe one can take everything in the book at literal, some things are figurative, and I don’t understand why people say everything past chapter 4 is future why do people do this? I have no clue but that is not the proper way of handling it.

anyway this the verse that came up;

“Then the seventh angel sounded: And there were loud voices in heaven, saying, “The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!” And the twenty-four elders who sat before God on their thrones fell on their faces and worshiped God, saying: “We give You thanks, O Lord God Almighty, The One who is and who was and who is to come, Because You have taken Your great power and reigned. The nations were angry, and Your wrath has come, And the time of the dead, that they should be judged, And that You should reward Your servants the prophets and the saints, And those who fear Your name, small and great, And should destroy those who destroy the earth.” Then the temple of God was opened in heaven, and the ark of His covenant was seen in His temple. And there were lightnings, noises, thunderings, an earthquake, and great hail.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭11:15-19‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Literally 92 videos… completely in-depth study including other views…

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I guess it’s not all that important to you if you think it already happened. I probably wouldn’t spend much time in the prophets or revelation if I believed they were just stories of things that had already happened in history.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture is important and helpful, and it is suggested to use the Old Testament to look at revelation as well. Just because I believe it has all happened doesn’t mean I see the word of God as useless.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture is important and helpful, and it is suggested to use the Old Testament to look at revelation as well. Just because I believe it has all happened doesn’t mean I see the word of God as useless.

okay…not sure why it’s important knowing the weather forecast from a long time ago was hail and an earthquake, but…okay.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s hard to sit and read the Bible when your flesh naturally is hostile to the things of God. However the spirit is willing to do so.

It’s a struggle in life between the flesh and the spirit my friend.

Everyone has struggles and hardships and am going through mine now which is fine I’ll take it for what it is but I’ll be glad once things start becoming more clear.

The only hope that is had is resting in Jesus by and through faith in calling out to the Father in heaven.

Life is tough and it’s tough for everyone and that is why love is the most important when it comes to faith regardless of how we each see things.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I just need to get my understanding of Revelation down then one day will be able to teach it friend.

It’s a difficult book and am reading it now,

Something occurred out to me just now when stunnedbygrace was asking about flashes of heaven or something another and came across this revelation 11.

It would be difficult to do a verse by study here there so many interpretations down, I’m not exactly prideful, I do believe all of these things are over regardless of having the if information to please everyone right away which was one reason I offered up to see my teacher who has done the study of Revelation which again takes … extremely painful amount of time.

I don’t believe one can take everything in the book at literal, some things are figurative, and I don’t understand why people say everything past chapter 4 is future why do people do this? I have no clue but that is not the proper way of handling it.

anyway this the verse that came up;

“Then the seventh angel sounded: And there were loud voices in heaven, saying, “The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!” And the twenty-four elders who sat before God on their thrones fell on their faces and worshiped God, saying: “We give You thanks, O Lord God Almighty, The One who is and who was and who is to come, Because You have taken Your great power and reigned. The nations were angry, and Your wrath has come, And the time of the dead, that they should be judged, And that You should reward Your servants the prophets and the saints, And those who fear Your name, small and great, And should destroy those who destroy the earth.” Then the temple of God was opened in heaven, and the ark of His covenant was seen in His temple. And there were lightnings, noises, thunderings, an earthquake, and great hail.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭11:15-19‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
There are certain doctrines Matthew, one of which is the state of the dead which needs to be understood correctly if one wants to make sense of Revelation. It is necessary in order to join the dots correctly. If ones understanding is skewed on this matter, a cohesive picture of Revelation can not emerge.

Get the basics sorted before tackling the complex.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh, yes, I’m sorry I didn’t explain that! I actually meant to.
When I say nihilistic, what I meant is sort of…the thought that everyone has beliefs in their mind that are different and so no one can really know if they or anyone else has anything right. That’s what I was terming as a bit nihilistic. It almost appeared to me like saying sort of…well, we all have some leaven and it’s impossible to remove at this point so we can’t really know much of anything.

But you ended it with a very wise sentence! You may have thrown up your hands but in the end you chose the better part - love God and trust Him.
There another modern perspective of that we are seeing a lot more of... You have your truth and you are entitled to it. I have my truth and I'm sticking to it. Matthew is dangerously close I think to this very modern nonsense.

Reactions: quietthinker

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello backlit,

Im just a man; who can’t really force anyone to believe anything. What we believe comes from our heart friend. So it is true that you have your own beliefs that you believe that very well may be different from another. What matters at the end of the day? The truth of the Lord Jesus Christ, that was one reason made the decision to teach verse by verse the book of Mark to get back to the milk that was needed in life; sometimes I can become weak in faith but I’m still trusting and holding on to the Lord Jesus Christ.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There another modern perspective of that we are seeing a lot more of... You have your truth and you are entitled to it. I have my truth and I'm sticking to it. Matthew is dangerously close I think to this very modern nonsense.

Well…I used to be mad at God but I loved Jesus. I told Jesus I would talk to Him but didn’t want to talk to God.
Imagine my surprise when I found out Jesus was God!

Reactions: MatthewG

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello backlit,

Im just a man; who can’t really force anyone to believe anything. What we believe comes from our heart friend. So it is true that you have your own beliefs that you believe that very well may be different from another. What matters at the end of the day? The truth of the Lord Jesus Christ, that was one reason made the decision to teach verse by verse the book of Mark to get back to the milk that was needed in life; sometimes I can become weak in faith but I’m still trusting and holding on to the Lord Jesus Christ.

You just keep trusting Him Mathew. Ask your questions of Him and wait patiently.

Reactions: MatthewG and Truman

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible states that everyone goes to Sheol/Hades upon death, including Jesus. Although there were people resurrected prior to Jesus, Jesus was the first to be resurrected without having to die again. Did you know that in the future, Hades will be emptied, all will be resurrected from it and then with no more need for it, it will be cast into the lake of fire Rev 20:13,14. Pretty amazing huh Matt?
The contents of hell are.

Hell is not the grave.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The contents of hell are.
"Hell" in this instance is "hades" which is the Greek equivalent of the Hebrew "sheol".....the common grave of all mankind.
Death and hades are thrown into "the lake of fire" to be utterly destroyed after hades is emptied of all the dead. (Revelation 20:13, 14) How can you throw immaterial things into a fiery lake?
All deceased mankind are "the contents of "hades"....all will be resurrected...good and bad. (John 5:28-29; Acts 24:15)

Those in "gehenna" will never be resurrected and will 'sleep' in eternal death...not ever to be remembered....it will be as if they never existed.

"The lake of fire" is what remains....this is not "hell" either. It is a place where things and souls are destroyed. (Matthew 10:28)

Hell is not the grave.
The original languages of the Bible will argue with you....
Which "hell" are you talking about? "Hades"? "Gehenna" or the "lake of fire"?
All three words have different meanings....none of which correspond to Christendom's "hell".

Read 2 Thessalonians 5.
There is no 2 Thessalonians 5....

Who is "we"? And what do you know?...and how do you know it?

Reactions: bbyrd009

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous." Psalm 1:4-5

This is a good example of problems with the KJV and archaic English that has changed a lot since 1611, because the verse actually says the opposite, as many modern English bibles show:

ISV

Psa 1:5 Therefore the wicked will not escape judgment, nor will sinners have a place in the assembly of the righteous.

The ungodly won’t be able to stand up to the judgment they will receive, is the meaning.

The ungodly are indeed judged.

Joh 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

Joh 5:27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

Joh 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

Joh 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Universalism is untrue.

Status
Not open for further replies.