Where do people go when they die?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Actually…I’m going to maybe never mind it…
I have thought/suspected that someone convinced them based on the fact that after Jesus rose and was with them again, they saw many of their dead walking around, (and possibly mixed with current events), that they had missed it. Mathew will not have that suspicion of why they were freaked out so…maybe I’ll leave it.
At any rate, here’s the passage:

2 Now, dear brothers and sisters, let us clarify some things about the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and how we will be gathered to meet him. 2 Don’t be so easily shaken or alarmed by those who say that the day of the Lord has already begun. Don’t believe them, even if they claim to have had a spiritual vision, a revelation, or a letter supposedly from us. 3 Don’t be fooled by what they say. For that day will not come until there is a great rebellion against God and the man of lawlessness is revealed—the one who brings destruction. 4 He will exalt himself and defy everything that people call god and every object of worship. He will even sit in the temple of God, claiming that he himself is God.
5 Don’t you remember that I told you about all this when I was with you? 6 And you know what is holding him back, for he can be revealed only when his time comes. 7 For this lawlessness is already at work secretly, and it will remain secret until the one who is holding it back steps out of the way. 8 Then the man of lawlessness will be revealed, but the Lord Jesus will slay him with the breath of his mouth and destroy him by the splendor of his coming.

9 This man will come to do the work of Satan with counterfeit power and signs and miracles. 10 He will use every kind of evil deception to fool those on their way to destruction, because they refuse to love and accept the truth that would save them. 11 So God will cause them to be greatly deceived, and they will believe these lies. 12 Then they will be condemned for enjoying evil rather than believing the truth.
Sounds familiar...

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I believe that he is in me. When I received him he certainly had returned, had he not? Should we expect him in us again or should we simply believe in him continuously enduring with him to our own end, that is the end for me or for you or for another of our individual end in our time in the flesh?
Okay, maybe I have not understood something. I believe the Holy Spirit dwells within me but Jesus returned to sit at the right hand of God after the resurrection and his time of 40days here , so I believe that Jesus will return again in the future ….that’s how I have always understood it. I have never questioned it before…..so do you not believe in Jesus coming in the future when everyone will see him and every knee will bow ?
Rita

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That first verse suggests to me they thought they had missed the gathering together.

Now, dear brothers and sisters, let us clarify some things about the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and how we will be gathered to meet him.

so I suspect Paul was going over it with them again and giving them key points again that had to happen before the gathering together.

I have in mind, because of a verse to one of the churches, combined with thess, that the man of lawlessness comes and is seen and there are 10 awful and fast moving days before our gathering. But I also have in mind that I don’t know if I will be counted worthy to escape that time of testing coming on the whole world to test its people. I think God will decide whose trust is strong enough and who needs more testing/sifting of their trust.

Last edited:
Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This might be wrong you have to check it on me. I do have a book on the essential writings of Josephus however my own mind has bad adhd and sometimes hard for me to submit and read and make work out reading.

I will tell you this though you might have to check it out for yourself nearing the end of Jerusalem and it’s destruction people were in to cannablising and mothers eating their dead.

This was something my teacher emphasized, Christians were getting killed left and right, 1,100,000 people were slaughtered and killed over all the Roman siege of Jerusalem when the temple fell.

It seems the people continued on after Jesus had rose again they continued into worshiping idols and false gods making a mockery of God himself.

Do you remember the parable of the Vineyard?

How the it is God who gave the people land which would be Israel ; and how He sent prophets to warn them but the people there killed the prophets, then He sent his son and they said let’s kill him so we can inherit this land and establish our own kingdom.

what do you think the loaner of the vineyard would do to them?

It was really really bad could you imagine this happening today in America?

Thst depends on how you believe some believe future some believe like myself by faith it’s all done came to pass, that doesn’t mean there is no point to seeking God and having Christ in ones life overcoming the darkness with light and goodness by the Holy Spirit, and spirit of Christ in you.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Well…I think you’ve painted yourself into a corner somewhat…the entire Bible I read (and I’m assuming that you read) is in English.
hmm...i use english to find a v or passage, but then i usually switch to a Lexicon

We are cock-sure, i say, and even wish that we were already dead, and partying with Jesus.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On top of all this going down for Jerusalem there was a small bride that Christ redeemed back with Him through all of those trials.

Paul wrote they were slaughtered all the day long by the sword… this is a real event and something that happened then in that time and generation.

These are some things that are important to consider if you are really interested if Christ came back to get his bride then or if he is going to get his bride now today.

I don’t think we use swords anymore.

Anyway believe and consider what you will, if God is for you who can be against you? (The reality to that is ourselves.) (our thoughts and ideas, doubts, prejudices, biases) some say we can be our own worst enemy.

With love to you all,
Matthew G

“What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written: “For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.” Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:31-39‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I did not read all posts on this thread, only just glanced through them.
Lots of confusion.
And wild speculations.

It's so simple:

2 Corinthians 5:8
New King James Version

We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.

We will never die.
There is only One Immortal...

We are cock-sure, i say, and even wish that we were already dead, and partying with Jesus

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess my next question would be…does Josephus or any other historian or writing mention what were some of the “counterfeit signs and powers and miracles” the man of lawlessness performed? Paul mentioned that there.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And then there is this:

"Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?" John 11:25-26

For someone who believes in Jesus now as he expressed it, what more should he look forward to, if he then already has Life now?
Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection! The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and will reign with Him for a thousand years. ?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess my next question would be…does Josephus or any other historian or writing mention what were some of the “counterfeit signs and powers and miracles” the man of lawlessness performed? Paul mentioned that there.

Thinking about this it would it all be material counterfeits rather than spiritual which Jesus did?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thinking about this it would it all be material counterfeits rather than spiritual which Jesus did?

okay…but like, does anyone recount that man causing lightning to come down out of the sky?

If it doesn’t fit, you must acquit that man. Lol.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture please, and I’ll see what I can find.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
okay…but like, does anyone recount that man causing lightning to come down out of the sky?

If it doesn’t fit, you must acquit that man. Lol.

You gotta think about the language surrounding context and everything of that matter. If you would like to share with me the scripture you are talking about I will gladly go do some research.

If you don’t that is okay too but am willingly to work with you.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here it is, rev 13. Sounds like it might be rather the false prophet with him that does it

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is so much to consider from Rev 1 to 13 then to then end. I’ll share my teachers teaching… he is someone believes that Jesus Christ has returned already and gathered that bride then. It is a uncommon belief however it’s not something that is new either. It’s an old belief.

all capture on live tape on the day they were taught.

Let me tell you this Revelation is not easy for people to get through. Some believe they have to take it all literally, some believe that it’s a two fold prophecy and all this.

Im unequiped and this man has done 92 videos on the book of revelation verse by verse.

So you use your own discernment cause I’m highly unequipped to truly answer your question.

With love,
Matthew G

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, maybe I have not understood something. I believe the Holy Spirit dwells within me but Jesus returned to sit at the right hand of God after the resurrection and his time of 40days here , so I believe that Jesus will return again in the future ….that’s how I have always understood it. I have never questioned it before…..so do you not believe in Jesus coming in the future when everyone will see him and every knee will bow ?
Rita
Lots of what people may name 'black and white' answers, but is not the answer to be found in the continuing to seek always first His kingdom and His righteousness? When does it end for you or for me?

What is time to God? When is it that each shall see Him? Who is included? Those also who according to scripture are Not to stand in judgement? Are they not dead and if never recipients of the Life that Jesus brought, never perceiving anything ever again?

"Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish." Psalm 1:5-6

I do see differences in people who have truly met the Master in terms of judgement, but Not for those who have in the eyes of God always been dead and have never taken action to be anything else.

"And another of his disciples said unto him, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead" Matt 8:21-22

Status
Not open for further replies.