Where do people go when they die?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I just gave the verse.
sure, and it is in english, after all; guess it’d be easy enough for some translator to stick “to be” in there a couple of times?

You did Quote it right after i said “…which cant really be Quoted,” so to what end? Being as how im not really scholar enough to decipher whether there are any “to be’s” in there lol. I think there even are in a couple versions…

great to see you again; btw :D

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 7:21-23 tells us that those NOT doing the will of God will be completely rejected by Jesus when he comes as judge. He says that he "never knew" these ones who claim him as their "Lord". So what are they NOT doing that Jesus says they must?

What is God's will for these last days? What did Jesus tell his disciples that was necessary after his departure?
Matthew 28:19-20...
"Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”

This important commission was given to all Christians to take the "good news of the Kingdom" to people in "all the inhabited earth as a witness to all the nations", before God brings down the final curtain on this wicked world. (Matthew 24:14) Have the churches done this? How many of Christendom's churches go out to their neighbors to tell them about the Kingdom? (Matthew 10:11-14) It was a command, not an option.
They were to teach them "all the things" that he commanded, and yet the churches do not teach most of them. They are to baptize them, not as infants, but as those mature enough to make such an important decision for themselves. There was no proxy arrangement.

The Valley of Hinnom was not just used by the pagans, but also by apostate Israelites to sacrifice their children in the fire to the false god Molech. (2 Chronicles 28:3; Jeremiah 7:31) God put a stop to that and commanded the King to turn the valley into a garbage tip.

Every knee bowing is to God as this is a quotation from Isaiah 45:23.... we will all give an accounting to God through his Christ who is his appointed judge.

Here is that scripture again from the NASB...
"Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, as He already existed in the form of God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, 7 but emptied Himself by taking the form of a bond-servant and being born in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death: death on a cross. 9 For this reason also God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

What do you see that is different in the wording here? Read the words carefully and tell me what you think they mean....

I would like to discuss this scripture with you at some time if I may.....

Hello auntyJane,

You should know that I believe in subjective Christianity. That would mean anyone who is seeking for God and looking for truth that they will be able to do so by going to the Bible, any translation. Though would agree that it is a good thing to go and check Greek and look and see what words went back then if someone feels so lead to go into a deeper study.

Not know anything about you or your own faith background you and me will see differently on many things because of me being someone who believes that Jesus Christ already returned, and that we are living in age of fulfilment where Jesus has overcome, sin, Satan and his demons, death, Sheol, and He has had victory over these things.

Am very familiar with Matthew 7 and the Lord Lord part is anyone who trying to be justified by what they do and not being justified by faith alone in Christ. Jesus doesn’t know those who haven’t accepted Him because they aren’t doing what he told them to do: which in the context through Matthew 7 is not judging, keep on seeking and asking God in having a relationship, understanding that the narrow path is difficult and few be there that find it which if people are seeking for God and Jesus those who are fearing God will find it. It talks about how to know people by their fruit.

You can tell a person by their fruit if they are downplaying a person, seeking revenge or desires to kill another person, and in that day there were the Pharisees and scribes who hated Jesus, the Pharisees and scribes hearts were far away from God they hate Jesus they desired to kill him and all of these things.

Im not sure what you wanna talk about but thank you for your time and comment and hope for you and everyone here to have a good day and those who are sick and weak may you be spiritually content in Jesus Christ.

With love in Christ,
Matthew G

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
‘ Not know anything about you or your own faith background you and me will see differently on many things because of me being someone who believes that Jesus Christ already returned, and that we are living in age of fulfilment where Jesus has overcome, sin, Satan and his demons, death, Sheol, and He has had victory over these things.’

Hi @Matthew
The above really intrigues me ……I would be fascinated in hearing how and why you believe that, fancy started a thread, or directing me to one of you have already started one on the subject ?
Rita

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe it by faith @Rita. Nothing more nothing less. The Gospels and the writers of the Letters to the Church’s so many times where the people written about waiting for the return of Christ, and to be pure and blameless in his return, you have the letter exclaim in talking to those who were elected and even in revelation you have 144,000 virgins who knew the song of Moses, I doubt in today’s age anyone could remember that song. (If my memory serves me correctly)

Anyway, Rita I would rather just back away from speaking anymore about it, though if it does really intrigue you my encouragement of course is always look into the bible, and also even to some accounts in history like the writings of Josephus and Cassio Dio, Titicus (a book about the Roman emperor I believe if my memory serves me correctly.

My answer is -> by faith I believe it has happened and the destruction of Jerusalem (70ad) which Jesus told his three of his disciples were to happen with in that generation.

“Then as He went out of the temple, one of His disciples said to Him, “Teacher, see what manner of stones and what buildings are here!” And Jesus answered and said to him, “Do you see these great buildings? Not one stone shall be left upon another, that shall not be thrown down.” Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives opposite the temple, Peter, James, John, and Andrew asked Him privately, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign when all these things will be fulfilled?””
‭‭Mark‬ ‭13:1-4‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Thank you for the question, there may be no more answers given.

With the best of luck and love to you, and all here, in Christ as brothers and sisters,

Matthew G.

Reactions: amadeus

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@MatthewG
Thank you for your response, totally accept and respect your desire not to start a thread ect xxxx
Thanks for what you have conveyed xx
Rita

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
“Jesus answered him, ‘I spake freely to the world, I did always teach in a synagogue, and in the temple, where the Jews do always come together; and in secret I spake nothing; why me dost thou question? question those having heard what I spake to them; lo, these have known what I said.’

And he having said these things, one of the officers standing by did give Jesus a slap, saying, ‘Thus dost thou answer the chief priest?’ Jesus answered him, ‘If I spake ill, testify concerning the ill; and if well, why me dost thou smite?’

Annas then sent him bound to Caiaphas the chief priest. And Simon Peter was standing and warming himself, they said then to him, ‘Art thou also of his disciples?’ he denied, and said, ‘I am not.’

One of the servants of the chief priest, being kinsman of him whose ear Peter cut off, saith, ‘Did not I see thee in the garden with him?’ again, therefore, Peter denied, and immediately a cock crew.

They led, therefore, Jesus from Caiaphas to the praetorium, and it was early, and they themselves did not enter into the praetorium, that they might not be defiled, but that they might eat the passover; Pilate, therefore, went forth unto them, and said, ‘What accusation do ye bring against this man?’ they answered and said to him, ‘If he were not an evil doer, we had not delivered him to thee.’ Pilate, therefore, said to them, ‘Take ye him — ye — and according to your law judge him;’ the Jews, therefore, said to him, ‘It is not lawful to us to put any one to death;’ that the word of Jesus might be fulfilled which he said, signifying by what death he was about to die.

Pilate, therefore, entered into the praetorium again, and called Jesus, and said to him, ‘Thou art the King of the Jews?’ Jesus answered him, ‘From thyself dost thou say this? or did others say it to thee about me?’

Pilate answered, ‘Am I a Jew? thy nation, and the chief priests did deliver thee up to me; what didst thou?’

-> Jesus answered, ‘My kingdom is not of this world; if my kingdom were of this world, my officers had struggled that I might not be delivered up to Jews; but now my kingdom is not from hence.’ <-

Pilate, therefore, said to him, ‘Art thou then a king?’

Jesus answered, ‘Thou dost say [it]; because a king I am, I for this have been born, and for this I have come to the world, that I may testify to the truth; every one who is of the truth, doth hear my voice.’

Pilate saith to him, ‘What is truth?’ and this having said, again he went forth unto the Jews, and saith to them, ‘I do find no fault in him; and ye have a custom that I shall release to you one in the passover; will ye, therefore, [that] I shall release to you the king of the Jews?’ therefore they all cried out again, saying, ‘Not this one — but Barabbas;’ and Barabbas was a robber.”
‭‭John‬ ‭18:20-40‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

The kingdom of Christ is not of this world; and according to Jesus himself.

“There were not found who did turn back to give glory to God, except this alien;’ and he said to him, ‘Having risen, be going on, thy faith hath saved thee.’ And having been questioned by the Pharisees, when the reign of God doth come, he answered them, and said, ‘The reign of God doth not come with observation; nor shall they say, Lo, here; or lo, there; for lo, the reign of God is within you.’”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭17:18-21‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

“For our citizenship is in the heavens, whence also a Saviour we await — the Lord Jesus Christ — who shall transform the body of our humiliation to its becoming conformed to the body of his glory, according to the working of his power, even to subject to himself the all things.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭3:20-21‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

To me the kingdom of Christ is above, and the reign of God is within us by faith because of the spirit of God (Holy spirit) and the Spirit of Christ.

It’s seems that God reconciled the world unto himself through Jesus.

“And the all things [are] of God, who reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and did give to us the ministration of the reconciliation, how that God was in Christ — a world reconciling to Himself, not reckoning to them their trespasses; and having put in us the word of the reconciliation, in behalf of Christ, then, we are ambassadors, as if God were calling through us, we beseech, in behalf of Christ, ‘Be ye reconciled to God;’ for him who did not know sin, in our behalf He did make sin, that we may become the righteousness of God in him.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5:18-21‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

It seems because of what God has done for all the world; and Jesus paying for the sin of all of the world.

That God is not angry with the world so there is no reason to take it out of existence. The only thing that will happen is that individuals still die however people go on to be spiritually resurrected; unbelievers and believers alike going into a new kingdom that is above.

“And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, bright as crystal, going forth out of the throne of God and of the Lamb: in the midst of its broad place, and of the river on this side and on that, [is] a tree of life, yielding twelve fruits, in each several month rendering its fruits, and the leaves of the tree [are] for the service of the nations; and any curse there shall not be any more, and the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him, and they shall see His face, and His name [is] upon their foreheads, and night shall not be there, and they have no need of a lamp and light of a sun, because the Lord God doth give them light, and they shall reign — to the ages of the ages. And he said to me, ‘These words [are] stedfast and true, and the Lord God of the holy prophets did send His messenger to shew to His servants the things that it behoveth to come quickly: Lo, I come quickly; happy [is] he who is keeping the words of the prophecy of this scroll.’ And I, John, am he who is seeing these things and hearing, and when I heard and beheld, I fell down to bow before the feet of the messenger who is shewing me these things; and he saith to me, ‘See — not; for fellow-servant of thee am I, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of those keeping the words of this scroll; before God bow.’ And he saith to me, ‘Thou mayest not seal the words of the prophecy of this scroll, because the time is nigh; he who is unrighteous — let him be unrighteous still, and he who is filthy — let him be filthy still, and he who is righteous — let him be declared righteous still, and he who is sanctified — let him be sanctified still: And lo, I come quickly, and my reward [is] with me, to render to each as his work shall be; I am the Alpha and the Omega — the Beginning and End — the First and the Last. ‘Happy are those doing His commands that the authority shall be theirs unto the tree of the life, and by the gates they may enter into the city; and without [are] the dogs, and the sorcerers, and the whoremongers, and the murderers, and the idolaters, and every one who is loving and is doing a lie.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭22:1-15‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

It seems unbelievers are outside of the kingdom where believers are found inside of the kingdom.

There will be no end to earth except our understanding that all of will die pass on going on the the dimension of where God resides either near to him or not so near to him depending on the person if they accepted faith, or rejected faith.
Where do people go when they die? Well, around here, they go to the morgue! Lol But the way things are going, they may make trips to places like the lamp factory and the rendering plant! I tell you, these people are sick! :eek:

Reactions: Rita

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
‘ Not know anything about you or your own faith background you and me will see differently on many things because of me being someone who believes that Jesus Christ already returned, and that we are living in age of fulfilment where Jesus has overcome, sin, Satan and his demons, death, Sheol, and He has had victory over these things.’
Rita

someone who believes that Jesus Christ already returned

Kind of yes and no.
- Son of man "was SENT". Visible to Earthly Eyes.
- Knowledge of WHO the Son of man "IS", revealed.
- WHO "shall SEE" the Son of man..."AS HE IS"...(with spiritual eyes, changed glorified body)...IS FUTURE.
- After the Son of man Returned to Heaven...
- THEN what was SENT, IS the Power of God, is CHRIST, the Holy Spirit, Unseen by mans eyes...to expressly ENTER unseen INTO a mans new heart. To Expressly be WITH, a mans unseen "quickened ie. born again spirit.

* I understand TWO things being SENT...
~ Son of man...SENT...The WORD of God, revealing Knowledge....who return to Heaven and Shall return to Earth....again SEEN by men of the Earth.
~ Spirit of God (ie Christ)...SENT...Power of God, UNSEEN, yet residing IN men of the Earth...Keeping and Comforting men, IN Gods Kingdom.

1 John 4:
[9] In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

John 14:
[16] And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
[17] Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Jesus, Son of man, was "WITH" men.
Christ, Power of God was "WITH" men.
Jesus, Returned to Heaven.
Chirst, the Power of God...COULD THEN...BE, SENT...to be "WITH.....AND IN" men.

The Son of man....came to Earth, humbled, Without His reputation...ie. His "POWER".
The Son of man.....shall "return" to Earth, WITH His reputation...ie "His POWER".
And "WITH" His "saints", WHO HAVE "His Power", IN THEM.

Glory to God,
Taken

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Taken
I was adding a quote from Matthew G in my post , but in your post it looks as if it was me saying it………It’s ot my view at this moment in time x

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sure, and it is in english, after all; guess it’d be easy enough for some translator to stick “to be” in there a couple of times?

You did Quote it right after i said “…which cant really be Quoted,” so to what end? Being as how im not really scholar enough to decipher whether there are any “to be’s” in there lol. I think there even are in a couple versions…

great to see you again; btw :D

Well…I think you’ve painted yourself into a corner somewhat…the entire Bible I read (and I’m assuming that you read) is in English.

Reactions: amadeus

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi @Matthew
The above really intrigues me ……I would be fascinated in hearing how and why you believe that, fancy started a thread, or directing me to one of you have already started one on the subject ?
Rita
Hi Rita, don’t think we’ve directly spoken yet.
What do you make of those people in the NT who seemed to be a little freaked out that Jesus had returned already and they had missed it and the apostle said, don’t you remember when I told you thus and thus?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not read all posts on this thread, only just glanced through them.
Lots of confusion.
And wild speculations.

It's so simple:

2 Corinthians 5:8
New King James Version

We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.

We will never die.
And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Rita, don’t think we’ve directly spoken yet.
What do you make of those people in the NT who seemed to be a little freaked out that Jesus had returned already and they had missed it and the apostle said, don’t you remember when I told you thus and thus?
Hello, we have spoken in the past , but I wouldn’t have a clue about the subject matter.
The quote wasn’t mine, it was Matthews G who believed Jesus has already returned.
Can you give me the scriptural ref ( I am hopeless with remembering what gospel and where )
I always thought these passages were in reference to his resurrection , which I have never considered being his second coming and have always seen as a future event….. that’s why Matthews post intrigued me

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello, we have spoken in the past , but I wouldn’t have a clue about the subject matter.
The quote wasn’t mine, it was Matthews G who believed Jesus has already returned.
Can you give me the scriptural ref ( I am hopeless with remembering what gospel and where )
I always thought these passages were in reference to his resurrection , which I have never considered being his second coming and have always seen as a future event….. that’s why Matthews post intrigued me

oooh…one of those times where the quote gets messed up I think, and your remarks end up in the quote box instead of under them. Got it. I’m going to go find the scripture and ask Mathew. I like that Mathew. He holds his thoughts loosely enough to be able to amend them to where scripture leads. He’s a rare one in that regard. And you are too actually.

Reactions: Rita and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
And then there is this:

"Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?" John 11:25-26

For someone who believes in Jesus now as he expressed it, what more should he look forward to, if he then already has Life now?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oooh…one of those times where the quote gets messed up I think, and your remarks end up in the quote box instead of under them. Got it. I’m going to go find the scripture and ask Mathew. I like that Mathew. He holds his thoughts loosely enough to be able to amend them to where scripture leads. He’s a rare one in that regard. And you are too actually.
Yes, our @MatthewG is a rare one who strives to stand with God!

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Yes, our @MatthewG is a rare one who strives to stand with God!

Curious, where do both of you stand with the view that Jesus has already returned ?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Curious, where do both of you stand with the view that Jesus has already returned ?
I believe that he is in me. When I received him he certainly had returned, had he not? Should we expect him in us again or should we simply believe in him continuously enduring with him to our own end, that is the end for me or for you or for another of our individual end in our time in the flesh?

Reactions: MatthewG

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually…I’m going to maybe never mind it…
I have thought/suspected that someone convinced them based on the fact that after Jesus rose and was with them again, they saw many of their dead walking around, (and possibly mixed with current events), that they had missed it. Mathew will not have that suspicion of why they were freaked out so…maybe I’ll leave it.
At any rate, here’s the passage:

2 Now, dear brothers and sisters, let us clarify some things about the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and how we will be gathered to meet him. 2 Don’t be so easily shaken or alarmed by those who say that the day of the Lord has already begun. Don’t believe them, even if they claim to have had a spiritual vision, a revelation, or a letter supposedly from us. 3 Don’t be fooled by what they say. For that day will not come until there is a great rebellion against God and the man of lawlessness is revealed—the one who brings destruction. 4 He will exalt himself and defy everything that people call god and every object of worship. He will even sit in the temple of God, claiming that he himself is God.
5 Don’t you remember that I told you about all this when I was with you? 6 And you know what is holding him back, for he can be revealed only when his time comes. 7 For this lawlessness is already at work secretly, and it will remain secret until the one who is holding it back steps out of the way. 8 Then the man of lawlessness will be revealed, but the Lord Jesus will slay him with the breath of his mouth and destroy him by the splendor of his coming.

9 This man will come to do the work of Satan with counterfeit power and signs and miracles. 10 He will use every kind of evil deception to fool those on their way to destruction, because they refuse to love and accept the truth that would save them. 11 So God will cause them to be greatly deceived, and they will believe these lies. 12 Then they will be condemned for enjoying evil rather than believing the truth.

I suspect they were freaked out because the dead had risen that they saw walking around during those 40 days and they became convinced they’d missed the gathering together.

Status
Not open for further replies.