Where do we go?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

inhislove76

Jun 15, 2007
So here is a question, that maybe can be cleared up with scripture. Many people pastors/believers/non-believers, believe that when we die, and are buried, that our souls/spirits, are automatically determined destiny. Heaven or Hell.However, the more scripture I read, it appears that our souls/spirits would go to a waiting place until the return of our Lord. How can this be answered and cleared up for understanding?And if answered, then is there such a thing as reincarnation?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(inhislove76)
So here is a question, that maybe can be cleared up with scripture. Many people pastors/believers/non-believers, believe that when we die, and are buried, that our souls/spirits, are automatically determined destiny. Heaven or Hell.However, the more scripture I read, it appears that our souls/spirits would go to a waiting place until the return of our Lord. How can this be answered and cleared up for understanding?
We were created in dust...by God. (flesh body)Genesis 2:7 - And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.As we are know, most people are born in their mother's womb.Jeremiah 1:5 - Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.When we die...our flesh will again return to the dust.Genesis 3:19 - In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.Psalm 104:29 - Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled: thou takest away their breath, they die, and return to their dust.However our soul will be return unto God...Ecclesiastes 12:7 - Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.(inhislove76)
And if answered, then is there such a thing as reincarnation?
Nay, there is no such thing as reincarnation...we are to be judged. For He is the judge.Hebrews 9:27 - And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:Lovest thou in Christ Jesus our Lord and Saviour.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
Hebrews 9:27 - And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
Yes, Jesus calls it asleep until judgment day. Most of us are misinformed by mainstreams that after we die we will be in heaven right away; and it is not biblical.This is my own reasoning that people who are delibrate disobedient to God will not even wake up for judgemnet day; they just simply perish forever. God is not revengeful monster that He wake up dead person to tell them they are going back to dead forever again. It is just illogical.

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
(Faithful1;11904)
Yes, Jesus calls it asleep until judgment day. Most of us are misinformed by mainstreams that after we die we will be in heaven right away; and it is not biblical.This is my own reasoning that people who are delibrate disobedient to God will not even wake up for judgemnet day; they just simply perish forever. God is not revengeful monster that He wake up dead person to tell them they are going back to dead forever again. It is just illogical.
Much about God is illogical by human standards and reasoning. At the time of death those who know Jesus Christ as Saviour will be instantly in heaven with Him, and those who do not know Him will be instantly in hell. There is no in between. There is no soul sleep. When the Bible speaks of those who "sleep" in Christ, it simply means those who have died in Christ. At the resurrection the bodies of those who have died in Christ will be raised, and then the living in Christ will rise. So shall we ever be with the Lord.

RND

May 30, 2007
(Jon-Marc;11917)
Much about God is illogical by human standards and reasoning.
And yet He asks us to reason with Him.
At the time of death those who know Jesus Christ as Saviour will be instantly in heaven with Him, and those who do not know Him will be instantly in hell.
By-passing the ressurection and judgment?
There is no in between. There is no soul sleep.
This is true. There is death. There is separation.
When the Bible speaks of those who "sleep" in Christ, it simply means those who have died in Christ.
Then there must be a different explanation for the events of Matthew 27:50-53.
At the resurrection the bodies of those who have died in Christ will be raised, and then the living in Christ will rise. So shall we ever be with the Lord.
And where, generally, are dead bodies found? In Heaven or the grave? What then is the point of raising a dead body?

RND

May 30, 2007
(inhislove76;11900)
So here is a question, that maybe can be cleared up with scripture. Many people pastors/believers/non-believers, believe that when we die, and are buried, that our souls/spirits, are automatically determined destiny. Heaven or Hell.However, the more scripture I read, it appears that our souls/spirits would go to a waiting place until the return of our Lord. How can this be answered and cleared up for understanding?And if answered, then is there such a thing as reincarnation?
Man is made of two separate components. The dust of the earth and the breath of God.Genesis 2:7 - And the LORD God formed man of (1) the dust of the ground, and (2) breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and (3) man became a living soul.Taking the obvious from this verse we see that dust (1) plus the breath of God (2) equals man becoming a "living soul." Notice it does not say man was "given" a living soul, but rather man "became" something. Also, it is critical to note that the word "became" here is translated in the Strong's Concordance to mean "exist." #1961 - hayah - to exist.The verse in Ecclesiastes 12:7 that was used to support the notion that the "soul" returns to God is actually factually correct. However, the word "spirit" as translated in the Strong's Concordance does not mean "soul" but rather it means specifically "breath." (See Strong's #7307 - ruwach, a wind, by resemblance a breath). The word soul is completely different and has a different meaning altogether.So when one dies, the "breath" which was given by God does indeed go back to God who gave it.Clearly then, we know that in Genesis 2:7 that God "breathed" into Adam the "breath of life."Genesis 2:7And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. The word "breath" means just that, a breath. (Strong's # 5397 - neshamah - a puff, i.e. an angry or vital breath)In understanding that it is God who gives the "breath of life" to all living creatures, not just man, it is easy to see that when one dies the "breath of life" goes back to the one who gave it God the Father! By allowing scripture to speak for itself we can clearly see that when one dies, they go to the grave to await resurrection.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know what's so difficult to understand about this verse:Ecclesiastes 12:7Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.All souls belong to God.Ezekiel 18:4Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

RND

May 30, 2007
(Denver;11924)
I don't know what's so difficult to understand about this verse:Ecclesiastes 12:7Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.All souls belong to God.Ezekiel 18:4Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.
Precisely Denver, all souls die, they don't float away to Heaven.Ezekiel 18:4Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.This seems to be quite in keeping with the rest of scripture.Romans 6:23For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.Souls die, and the wages of sin is death, not floating away to the cosmos.