Where the Body of Christ DID NOT BEGIN !!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
Hi to all , and Acts 2 , believers say that the Body of Christ began at Acts 2 :38 , BUT they can and will never be able to prove it , but they try hard .

When interpreating any verse , there are 5 questions that all have to look at !!

#1 , Historical
#2 , Dispensational
#3 , Grammical
#4 , Context
#5 , 2 Tim 2:15

These 5 questions will guide all in seeing what the Holy Spirit is saying to all ..

This is why Acts 2:38 is a false verse to begin the Body of Christ and the first FALSE premise is Context .

The Context says that Dr Luke is talking to Israel in Acts 2:22 and also in verse 36 , but for most that is hard to believe , is it not ??

Verse 36 , Peter accuses them of Crucifying Jesus .

Then in verse 38 , they , the House of Israel are pricked in their Hearts and respond to Peter !!

Men and brethren , WHAT SHALL WE DO ??

Then in verse 38 , Peter says to them , REPENT , and be BAPTIZED every one of you in the name of Christ Jesus for the Remission of Sins , and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit .

The Context is about the Crucifixtion of Jesus and what those that heard Peter preach and what they did to has forgiveness of there KILLING Christ .

Acts 2:38 was ONLY directed to the House of Israel .

#1 , Christ had to to die to Redeem those 1500 years of blood sacrifices committed under the Mosiac Covenant , as Heb 9:15 reveals .

#2 , This means that Acts 2:38 , then ONLY applies to Israel , and not to GENTILES , PERIOD !!

#3 , Acts 2 , is a Jewish Feast Day and has Nothing to do with Gentiles !!

#4 , This word be a MIXTURE of Law and Grace !!

#5 , The Law has already been set aside as Luke 13:6-9 reveals .

#6 , Only Paul reveals the Body of Christ and the Only writer that explains what it means !!

#7 , The 12 Apostles explain what the Body of Christ means !!

dan p

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So believers say that the Body of Christ began in Acts 2:38. What are you saying? You don't believe it did began in Acts 2:38? So you aren't a believer? If you aren't a believer, what reason do I have to talk to you?

I can discuss all these things because I am well versed in Acts 2. But by your own admission, you are not a believer, and don't believe in Acts 2:38.

Neither do I, but I believe it began in Gen 1:3. But you claimed... Ummm, something stupid....

So you are going to have to convince me to read onward....

Let's face it, it's all a ploy for you to make us believe there is more than one Gospel, when there really isn't. The more evidence your try to prove of it, the more it shows there isn't.

Why do you believe there is more than one Gospel anyway? Do you not want to follow the one that is for us?

Reactions: dan p

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
So believers say that the Body of Christ began in Acts 2:38. What are you saying? You don't believe it did began in Acts 2:38? So you aren't a believer? If you aren't a believer, what reason do I have to talk to you?

I can discuss all these things because I am well versed in Acts 2. But by your own admission, you are not a believer, and don't believe in Acts 2:38.

Neither do I, but I believe it began in Gen 1:3. But you claimed... Ummm, something stupid....

So you are going to have to convince me to read onward....

Let's face it, it's all a ploy for you to make us believe there is more than one Gospel, when there really isn't. The more evidence your try to prove of it, the more it shows there isn't.

Why do you believe there is more than one Gospel anyway? Do you not want to follow the one that is for us?

Hi and all that read the CONTEXT of Acts 2:38 will see that Peter is talking to the House of Israel , in verses 22 , and 36 , nothing COMPLEX here at all .

Where is that addnission that I am not a believer ??

Are Covenant Theologians and Acts 2 , believers saved ?? Yes they are !!

It is obviously , that you are an Acts 2 , believer and SO- WHAT !!

It , just means that your rewards will be DISMAL , as 1 Cor 3:9-17 says !!

Start a OP on 1 Cor 3:17 and tell all what is means ??

God will judge us all at the BEMA SEAT where salvation willl not be the Issue , but Rewards !!

dan p

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
The obvious answer to where it did begin is with Christ, otherwise it wouldn't be his body.

To teach that the body of Christ does not begin with Christ himself, and does not constitute ALL that are in him is to attempt to divide Christ, or to preach another Christ.

Both are an abomination and a lie in God's eyes.

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
OP - Where the Body of Christ DID NOT BEGIN ??

Interesting question.

Where and when did Yahweh first demonstrate his Grace?

dan p

Mar 26, 2009

Interesting question.

Hi

Interesting question.

Hi , and God's Grace was demonstrated before the Foundation of the world , in Eph 1:4 !!

This verse is talking about the Body of Christ , before the Cross , in other words , we were CHOSEN/ELECTED in Him before Covenant were EVER INSTITUTED , and that means that DISPENSATIONS were first , and there are more verses than this that back up Paul .

dan p

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Hi

Hi , and God's Grace was demonstrated before the Foundation of the world , in Eph 1:4 !!

This verse is talking about the Body of Christ , before the Cross , in other words , we were CHOSEN/ELECTED in Him before Covenant were EVER INSTITUTED , and that means that DISPENSATIONS were first , and there are more verses than this that back up Paul .

dan p

Hi Dan,

I was not speaking of the "foreknowledge" of God; I was actually referring to the natural event.

Sorry Dan you cannot have the spiritual first without the naturel. 1 Cor 15:46

Golden lesson my friend.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus entered the world as a man about 2000 years ago, but He is, before Abraham, after Abraham, the lamb slain from the foundation of the world. Time is irrelevant to the eternal. Time is part of creation, or you couldn't dilate it with an intense gravitational field (or a much smaller field over great distances:e.g. space would be Euclidian rather than gaussian.) The body existed before the price of redemption was paid, but the body was always Holy in it's consecration. Sanctification, in the proper sense came with the indwelling of the Spirit of God, as it does today. This remains by faith in Him who paid the price of redemption with His own blood, and who will return in the same manner as He left (As testified by the two witnesses in the beginning of the book of acts.) Jesus is Lord of all and not divided by covenants or dispensations, or waters, or by the elemental things of this world.
When the body began is not terribly relevant, but that it is complete in Him is everything.

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
Jesus entered the world as a man about 2000 years ago, but He is, before Abraham, after Abraham, the lamb slain from the foundation of the world. Time is irrelevant to the eternal. Time is part of creation, or you couldn't dilate it with an intense gravitational field (or a much smaller field over great distances:e.g. space would be Euclidian rather than gaussian.) The body existed before the price of redemption was paid, but the body was always Holy in it's consecration. Sanctification, in the proper sense came with the indwelling of the Spirit of God, as it does today. This remains by faith in Him who paid the price of redemption with His own blood, and who will return in the same manner as He left (As testified by the two witnesses in the beginning of the book of acts.) Jesus is Lord of all and not divided by covenants or dispensations, or waters, or by the elemental things of this world.
When the body began is not terribly relevant, but that it is complete in Him is everything.

Hi , and it does make a Difference between God Purpose which is His Kingdom on Earth ( Eph 1:10 ) and His Heavenly position that the Body of Christ has as we are seated in the Heavenlies , Eph 1:3 ..

Spritually we are now seated in the Heavenlies !! Not Bodily , yet !!

Israel is not the Body of Christ , NOR is the Body of Christ , Israel , which are two separate parts and what is written to Israel is Israels and what is written to the Body is the Body , like Paul's letters , dan p

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
Hi Dan,

I was not speaking of the "foreknowledge" of God; I was actually referring to the natural event.

Sorry Dan you cannot have the spiritual first without the naturel. 1 Cor 15:46

Golden lesson my friend.

Hi , and I know that your CONTEXT of 1 Cor 15:45 and 46 are wrong and have nothing to do with my OP . DAN P

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Hi , and I know that your CONTEXT of 1 Cor 15:45 and 46 are wrong and have nothing to do with my OP . DAN P

What! the Scripture is wrong, or the context of that Scripture does not fit your theory?

So your rules apply to others and not yourself?

#1 , Historical
#2 , Dispensational
#3 , Grammical
#4 , Context

Interesting.

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
What! the Scripture is wrong, or the context of that Scripture does not fit your theory?

So your rules apply to others and not yourself?

#1 , Historical
#2 , Dispensational
#3 , Grammical
#4 , Context

Interesting.

Hi , so why did you not explain why 1 Cor 15:45 and 46 , IF they are in Context ??? dan p

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Hi to all , and Acts 2 , believers say that the Body of Christ began at Acts 2 :38 , BUT they can and will never be able to prove it , but they try hard .

[sup]38[/sup]Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit

So to answer with Scripture:

Acts 4:12

When interpreating any verse , there are 5 questions that all have to look at !!

#1 , Historical
#2 , Dispensational
#3 , Grammical
#4 , Context

In terms of order I would place them as follows
  1. 2 Tim 2:15
  2. Context
  3. Historical
  4. Dispensational
  5. Grammatical
These 5 questions will guide all in seeing what the Holy Spirit is saying to all ..

This is why Acts 2:38 is a false verse to begin the Body of Christ and the first FALSE premise is Context .

Ok. We know the Gospel was preached to Abraham, but when did that Gospel take affect?

The Context says that Dr Luke is talking to Israel in Acts 2:22 and also in verse 36 , but for most that is hard to believe , is it not ??

Verse 36 , Peter accuses them of Crucifying Jesus .

Then in verse 38 , they , the House of Israel are pricked in their Hearts and respond to Peter !!

Men and brethren , WHAT SHALL WE DO ??

Then in verse 38 , Peter says to them , REPENT , and be BAPTIZED every one of you in the name of Christ Jesus for the Remission of Sins , and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit .

The Context is about the Crucifixtion of Jesus and what those that heard Peter preach and what they did to has forgiveness of there KILLING Christ .

Acts 2:38 was ONLY directed to the House of Israel .

#1 , Christ had to to die to Redeem those 1500 years of blood sacrifices committed under the Mosiac Covenant , as Heb 9:15 reveals .

#2 , This means that Acts 2:38 , then ONLY applies to Israel , and not to GENTILES , PERIOD !!

#3 , Acts 2 , is a Jewish Feast Day and has Nothing to do with Gentiles !!

#4 , This word be a MIXTURE of Law and Grace !!

#5 , The Law has already been set aside as Luke 13:6-9 reveals .

#6 , Only Paul reveals the Body of Christ and the Only writer that explains what it means !!

#7 , The 12 Apostles explain what the Body of Christ means !!

dan p

I have no problem with your understanding here Dan.

Peter was given the two keys of the Kingdom and it was only right and just that Israel be given the opportunity to accepts those keys (which they did not in full!).

Do you know what the Keys represent?

Insight

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
So to answer with Scripture:

Acts 4:12

In terms of order I would place them as follows
  1. 2 Tim 2:15
  2. Context
  3. Historical
  4. Dispensational
  5. Grammatical

Ok. We know the Gospel was preached to Abraham, but when did that Gospel take affect?

I have no problem with your understanding here Dan.

Peter was given the two keys of the Kingdom and it was only right and just that Israel be given the opportunity to accepts those keys (which they did not in full!).

Do you know what the Keys represent?

Insight

Hi , Insight , and that will have to be a separate OP , on what the Keys , Represent !! A little later .

The Abrahamic Covenant is also a separate topic and also most did an OP on it today and instead did one on Free Will , sorry , dan p

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Hi , Insight , and that will have to be a separate OP , on what the Keys , Represent !! A little later .

The Abrahamic Covenant is also a separate topic and also most did an OP on it today and instead did one on Free Will , sorry , dan p

Ok.

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
What! the Scripture is wrong, or the context of that Scripture does not fit your theory? So your rules apply to others and not yourself? #1 , Historical #2 , Dispensational #3 , Grammical #4 , Context #5 , 2 Tim 2:15 Interesting.

Hi , Insight ,and you hurt me and it has taken all this time , to be able to respond , to you ,heh heh , just kidding .

And here is a word for word translation of verse 45 and 46 !!

And so " it has been written " ( which is in the Greek Perfect Tense ) The first man Adam became a living soul ; the last Adam ( which is Christ ) into a life maki9ng spirit .

But the spiritual ( is ) not first but the soulish after the spiritual .

And verse 43 also describes and lights verses 45 46 ,

Adam and us are all sinners , but to be spiritual we need to be saved , not complex , dan p

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Hi , Insight ,and you hurt me and it has taken all this time , to be able to respond , to you ,heh heh , just kidding .

And here is a word for word translation of verse 45 and 46 !!

And so " it has been written " ( which is in the Greek Perfect Tense ) The first man Adam became a living soul ; the last Adam ( which is Christ ) into a life maki9ng spirit .

But the spiritual ( is ) not first but the soulish after the spiritual .

And verse 43 also describes and lights verses 45 46 ,

Adam and us are all sinners , but to be spiritual we need to be saved , not complex , dan p

I agree the natural must come first.

So where did the first act of Grace happen in the Word?

The calling of a body!

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
I agree the natural must come first.

So where did the first act of Grace happen in the Word?

The calling of a body!

Hi , and there a difference between PROPESIED GRACE that should come unto you and !! 1 Peter 1:10 , here it is , and written many years Later .

Is not the same as the Dispendation of the Grace of God !! As Paul wrote in Eph 3:1-3 .

Only Paul writes about the " Body of Christ " !!

I will have an INTERESTING verse in Acts 15 , coupled with 1 Peter 1:10 that will prove interesting , so don't hurt me any more , I am delicate , and bruise easily , dan p

Insight

Aug 7, 2011
Hi , and there a difference between PROPESIED GRACE that should come unto you and !! 1 Peter 1:10 , here it is , and written many years Later .

Is not the same as the Dispendation of the Grace of God !! As Paul wrote in Eph 3:1-3 .

Only Paul writes about the " Body of Christ " !!

I will have an INTERESTING verse in Acts 15 , coupled with 1 Peter 1:10 that will prove interesting , so don't hurt me any more , I am delicate , and bruise easily , dan p

It appears you are having trouble with my question.

Let me ask it once more.

Where in the Scriptures do we see Yahweh extend his Grace to man.

Its not a trick question Dan.

Rather simple really.

Insight

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
It appears you are having trouble with my question.

Let me ask it once more.

Where in the Scriptures do we see Yahweh extend his Grace to man.

Its not a trick question Dan.

Rather simple really.

Insight

Hi insight , and I will give a simple answer .

Paul defines Grace in most of his espistles and it is GRACE/CHARIS plus nothing .

Put in ANOTHER WAY read Eph 2:8 !!

Check STRONG'S for the word Grace and see where it is found ??

You will be surprised !!

dan p