Which woman would you take?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

sho

Oct 14, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Verse 12 also says that deacons - anyone who serves in the local church - must also be a husband of one wife.
I am not a bishop and i am not a deacon. And I think you aren't it too.

The bible has never forbidden polygamy. The law of Moses in which all laws are included has never forbidden it. Also the NT says nothing about it, never does the NT say: You need to have only one wife or You are not allowed to have more than one wife.
The great prophets like Gideon, Abraham, Jacob... had many wives.

But what the bible says is not to have too many wives, so that your heart become bad. It is like wealth if you have too many wealth your heart become bad too.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about all you Catholic Ladies out there?

Which Woman would you marry?

Pope says it's OK now...

full

Must be legit. :D

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1. A woman who is so beautiful like a diamond but has a bad spirit.
or
2. A woman who has a spirit like a dove. A woman who serves YHWH.

I would take number one because I love beautiful women. It is bad to think so but my eyes and my heart become always weak if I see a woman who looks like pure gold.
If I would take the number two I would not know if I could keep the marriage.
When I was a young man, I would've agreed with you. Now that I'm in my 60's, I've learned to appreciate a woman's true beauty. A godly woman. A healed woman. A free woman.
A woman who likes me as much as I like her. I haven't met her...yet. Maybe I have but don't know how God has loved her...yet. Maybe she doesn't know how God has loved me...yet. Yahweh, once again I say that my days are in Your hands. Shalom.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
or

I would take number one because I love beautiful women. It is bad to think so but my eyes and my heart become always weak if I see a woman who looks like pure gold.

I would take number 1, because you can't tell what a persons spirit is like. But yeah, woman who serves YHWH is a lose term and can refer to a spitfire at times. Contentious people hide as Christians me thinks :D

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you ever see a woman who had both?

Somewhat. I've met a few stunning women who were Christians, but in both cases they had their heads too much in the world, as did their husbands. Their mindset was all about earthly accomplishment, for themselves and their children. But I have seen many, many women who were attractive - not models, but attractive women - and yet they had personalities and gifts that made them far more attractive to me personally.

It's a package deal you're looking for, at least as you get older.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Whatsamatter?
Beauty may only be skin deep but ugly goes to the bone...

Just for the record...
Familiarity breeds contempt. So no matter how pretty a wife is you won't see her that way after a few months.
...I'm shocked that you actually have to explain this to sho?

Reactions: JohnDB

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
or

You sound shallow, sho. I know what you mean, but there comes a point where anyone with just an ounce of wisdom, understands the futility and superficiality of chasing after looks. All that glitters is not gold, obviously.
My point is, that you should have clarified this. Like I said, I understand the attraction and from where the conflict comes, but ultimately, I know that it's a recipe for disaster to follow the allurements of the flesh.
Like @Hidden In Him said, with God, you can have your cake and eat it too, ...provided that you want the cake for the right reasons, and truly appreciate your blessings. ...for, if you don't show gratitude, be careful what you ask for, it'll be worse to receive and show contempt for the blessings of God, than to not receive and be complacent.

Reactions: Darkhorse and Helen

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If a beautiful woman comes to you and she is much more beatiful than your wife wouldn't you take her as your wife?
Solomon had 1000 wives, if even Solomon has loved beautiful women then it is normal. Why did God create us that we look at the beauty?
How shallow are you?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Where does the NT say a husband must have only one wife?

And do you want to judge Abraham, Jacob, Gideon, Samuel, David.....? These great prophets had more than two wives and you say it is a sin? Who are you that you know it better than these men?
He is someone who is wiser than you!

Reactions: Helen

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Where does the NT say a husband must have only one wife?

And do you want to judge Abraham, Jacob, Gideon, Samuel, David.....? These great prophets had more than two wives and you say it is a sin? Who are you that you know it better than these men?
Right at the very start of the Bible.

Genesis 2:22-24
2:22. The LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man. 23. The man said, "This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man." 24. For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.

Reactions: Helen

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
or

You marry a person not a body or a look. Looks fade and situations change, so if you do not love the person you are lost.
There are beautiful people who just want real love from the heart, learning to appreciate people for who they are.

And in truth beauty is everywhere but love and wisdom is rare. It is love and wisdom that lasts a lifetime and grows as we grow.
God bless you

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You marry a person not a body or a look. Looks fade and situations change, so if you do not love the person you are lost.
There are beautiful people who just want real love from the heart, learning to appreciate people for who they are.

And in truth beauty is everywhere but love and wisdom is rare. It is love and wisdom that lasts a lifetime and grows as we grow.
God bless you
Bingo!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
or

Lol, I got a beautiful woman that loves and serves God has a spirit like a dove.

Reactions: Helen and farouk

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not a bishop and i am not a deacon. And I think you aren't it too.

The bible has never forbidden polygamy. The law of Moses in which all laws are included has never forbidden it. Also the NT says nothing about it, never does the NT say: You need to have only one wife or You are not allowed to have more than one wife.
The great prophets like Gideon, Abraham, Jacob... had many wives.

But what the bible says is not to have too many wives, so that your heart become bad. It is like wealth if you have too many wealth your heart become bad too.

Lol, read what Jesus said in Mark 10:2-9.

Some Pharisees came up to Jesus, testing Him, and began to question Him whether it was lawful for a man to divorce a wife. And He answered and said to them, “What did Moses command you?” They said, “Moses permitted a man TO WRITE A CERTIFICATE OF DIVORCE AND SEND her AWAY.” But Jesus said to them, “ Because of your hardness of heart he wrote you this commandment. But from the beginning of creation, God MADE THEM MALE AND FEMALE. FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH; so they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate.”
Jesus is quoting from Genesis in these verses. God made Adam and created one wife for him, Eve. Jesus says that God created them male and female (singular), not females.... And He said that the TWO become one flesh.

I'm always astonished on a Christian forum when a MAN says these kinds of things about polygamy. Don't ever hear women promoting polygyny, or polygamy, for that matter. All I can say to the idea of sharing my husband with another wife is YUCK!

Last edited:

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think you have it right. You should have see the other thread he started. It was edited for lewd content.
Seriously? ...yeah, I always said that this guy was off (I was warning others not to engage with him, or take him seriously). I think that this might be janc, a former poster who was both, from Italy, and extremely bizarre and verging on offensive, like this guy? (i haven't seen janc for a bit, that's why I'm assuming?)

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seriously? ...yeah, I always said that this guy was off (warning others not to engage with him, or take him seriously). I think that this might be janc, a former poster who was both, from Italy, and extremely bizarre and verging on offensive, like this guy? (i haven't seen janc for a bit, that's why I'm assuming?)
What's with all the trolls lately eh?
It's not like I brought them here. Been here too long.