Which woman would you take?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What's with all the trolls lately eh?
It's not like I brought them here. Been here too long.
Yes, they seem to come in waves at times. Or, even if it's just one, they inundate the forums with a bunch of their posts, maybe giving the impression that there is more of them then there really are? Either way, their presence never seems to cease.

Last edited:

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If this is the focus of their lives that this is the best that they can come up with to do...

How pathetic is that?

It's amazing to watch a Liberal finally understand the constitution for the first time. (Did that today) and get them to understand why judicial activism is not a good thing. And where it looks like trolling...it isn't really.

Reactions: historyb

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. A woman who is so beautiful like a diamond but has a bad spirit.
or
2. A woman who has a spirit like a dove. A woman who serves YHWH.
full
(Either way, I would need my wife's permission, first...) :rolleyes:

Reactions: Helen

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
or

What makes you think others share your idea of beauty and non beauty? Just because you image beauty doesn't mean it is

Reactions: Helen

sho

Oct 14, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Lol, read what Jesus said in Mark 10:2-9.

Some Pharisees came up to Jesus, testing Him, and began to question Him whether it was lawful for a man to divorce a wife. And He answered and said to them, “What did Moses command you?” They said, “Moses permitted a man TO WRITE A CERTIFICATE OF DIVORCE AND SEND her AWAY.” But Jesus said to them, “ Because of your hardness of heart he wrote you this commandment. But from the beginning of creation, God MADE THEM MALE AND FEMALE. FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH; so they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate.”
Jesus is quoting from Genesis in these verses. God made Adam and created one wife for him, Eve. Jesus says that God created them male and female (singular), not females.... And He said that the TWO become one flesh.

I'm always astonished on a Christian forum when a MAN says these kinds of things about polygamy. Don't ever hear women promoting polygeny, or polygamy, for that matter. All I can say to the idea of sharing my husband with another wife is YUCK!
I believe the intepretation of the great prophets more than yours. These great men have practiced polygamy and you say it is forbidden? Who are you? What is your title that you can talk like that? Are you greater than the prophets?

Where does the bible say: You shall not have more than one wife or You shall have only one wife?

sho

Oct 14, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
@Prayer Warrior
You are female but you talk like a teacher about the bible?
Look what the bible says:
But I do not allow a woman to teach or to rule over the man, but to be silent.
1 Timothy 2:12

The women shall be silent
in the meetings, for they are not permitted to speak, but shall be submissive, as the law says. But if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home, for it is shameful for a woman to speak in the meeting.

1 Corinthians 14:34

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
or

I would take number one because I love beautiful women. It is bad to think so but my eyes and my heart become always weak if I see a woman who looks like pure gold.
If I would take the number two I would not know if I could keep the marriage.

There are women out there who are beautiful like a diamond, have the Holy Spirit in their heart and serve God.

Depending on where you live, they can be hard to find though.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know of a woman who was heavyset and had a huge strawberry on her face.
Never going to be a barbie doll or beauty contest winner.

But I thought that she was very pleasant...and she was always kind. Continuously baking cakes and treats for our small group Bible study.
She met a guy there who had 4 kids...he thought that no one would want anything to do with him because of the four monsters.

He bought her a very nice, expensive mixer for their wedding.
They absolutely are in love with each other. He's one of those computer gurus...makes loads of cash.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Prayer Warrior
You are female but you talk like a teacher about the bible?
Look what the bible says:
But I do not allow a woman to teach or to rule over the man, but to be silent.
1 Timothy 2:12

The women shall be silent
in the meetings, for they are not permitted to speak, but shall be submissive, as the law says. But if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home, for it is shameful for a woman to speak in the meeting.

1 Corinthians 14:34
We'll see if chivalry is dead or not on this one, troll!

Reactions: Nancy and TLHKAJ

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
or

I would take number one because I love beautiful women. It is bad to think so but my eyes and my heart become always weak if I see a woman who looks like pure gold.

I hope, for your sake, you plan to look like 'gold' forever because I'd hate to see your beautiful wife tiring of your beer belly, bald head, and empty wallet....

vainity is what vainity does, my friend

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope, for your sake, you plan to look like 'gold' forever because I'd hate to see your beautiful wife tiring of your beer belly, bald head, and empty wallet....

vainity is what vainity does, my friend
Lol...good one Ron. Many have no clue that beauty runs skin deep...or not?
I know of a woman who was heavyset and had a huge strawberry on her face.
Never going to be a barbie doll or beauty contest winner.

But I thought that she was very pleasant...and she was always kind. Continuously baking cakes and treats for our small group Bible study.
She met a guy there who had 4 kids...he thought that no one would want anything to do with him because of the four monsters.

He bought her a very nice, expensive mixer for their wedding.
They absolutely are in love with each other. He's one of those computer gurus...makes loads of cash.
"because of the four monsters."
:D

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
or

Why not a beautiful woman who serves YHVH

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a beautiful woman comes to you and she is much more beatiful than your wife wouldn't you take her as your wife?
Solomon had 1000 wives, if even Solomon has loved beautiful women then it is normal. Why did God create us that we look at the beauty?
If anyone should know about women, maybe it is Solomon, and he wrote:

Proverbs 11:22 As a jewel of gold in a swine's snout, so is a fair woman which is without discretion.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a beautiful woman comes to you and she is much more beatiful than your wife wouldn't you take her as your wife?
Solomon had 1000 wives, if even Solomon has loved beautiful women then it is normal. Why did God create us that we look at the beauty?
"For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father.
For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites.
And Solomon did evil in the sight of the LORD, and went not fully after the LORD, as did David his father.
Then did Solomon build an high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the children of Ammon.
And likewise did he for all his strange wives, which burnt incense and sacrificed unto their gods.
And the LORD was angry with Solomon, because his heart was turned from the LORD God of Israel, which had appeared unto him twice,
And had commanded him concerning this thing, that he should not go after other gods: but he kept not that which the LORD commanded." I Kings 11:4-10

Mt 12:42 The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here." Matt 12:42

"Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." Matt 5:27-28

"I made a covenant with mine eyes; why then should I think upon a maid?" Job 31:1

"And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved?
And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:26-27