WHO “ARE” sons of God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please state from your perspective Who “ARE” sons of God, and Why.

Thank you,
Taken

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Sons of God aren't the daughters of God
hmmmm, I wouldn't make it walk on all fours so to speak. 'Sons of God' is a generic term and context determines its meaning....even across the genders.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmmmm, I wouldn't make it walk on all fours so to speak. 'Sons of God' is a generic term and context determines its meaning....even across the genders.
I Agree 100%, I Was Kidding

Romans 8:14KJV
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Reactions: DavidTaylor

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank you,
Taken
They are humans outside of Adam's dead corruptible flesh.

Through the Atonement of the Cross, all humanity can become sons of God.

All those created on the 6th day. They were not descendants of Adam. If Adam repented then he was made whole as a resurrected firstfruit of the Cross. All of Adam's dead flesh, who accepted the Atonement Covenant will be restored to the full image of God at the Second Coming.

If context matters, then Scripture can provide the context. It is all there in the Bible.

Death is what took away Adam and Eve's status as sons of God. It is only Adam's dead corruptible flesh that make humans into mankind instead of sons of God. Eve was the mother of all humankind devoid of the image of God. It all went downhill from Seth. Any time a son of God procreated with Adam and Eve's fallen offspring, the result was corruption, not healing. The death process could not be reversed. Even if such unions allowed giant humans, those giants died.

No science can produce the perfect human, because all are under the bondage of sin. If the sons of God found Adam's dead corruptible flesh attractive, it certainly was not an attempt to make it better. Sin is always attractive, but for a season, and then it only produces rotten fruit.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank you,
Taken
Those who came to exist as a direct creation from God, with no intermediary. Adam, angels, Jesus in His Incarnation, and those baptized into Christ, being born again of God.

Much love!

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are humans outside of Adam's dead corruptible flesh.

Through the Atonement of the Cross, all humanity can become sons of God.

All those created on the 6th day. They were not descendants of Adam. If Adam repented then he was made whole as a resurrected firstfruit of the Cross. All of Adam's dead flesh, who accepted the Atonement Covenant will be restored to the full image of God at the Second Coming.

If context matters, then Scripture can provide the context. It is all there in the Bible.

Death is what took away Adam and Eve's status as sons of God. It is only Adam's dead corruptible flesh that make humans into mankind instead of sons of God. Eve was the mother of all humankind devoid of the image of God. It all went downhill from Seth. Any time a son of God procreated with Adam and Eve's fallen offspring, the result was corruption, not healing. The death process could not be reversed. Even if such unions allowed giant humans, those giants died.

No science can produce the perfect human, because all are under the bondage of sin. If the sons of God found Adam's dead corruptible flesh attractive, it certainly was not an attempt to make it better. Sin is always attractive, but for a season, and then it only produces rotten fruit.

TY

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you agree with Romans 8:14 ?
In your perspective, WHO does “LED” by the Spirit of God APPLY to?
One cannot even truly say JESUS IS LORD yet by the SPIRIT . THOSE BEING LED BY THE SPIRIT
CAME TO JESUS CHRIST . THE SPIRIT dont lead us to budda and good works
nor to allah of the muslims and good works . THE SPIRIT LEADS and LED US TO ONE NAME ALONE .
JESUS THE GLORIOUS CHRIST MESSIAH OF GOD . NUTTING ELSE GONNA SAVE YA . ONLY FAITH IN JESUS .
I take this to my grave . I wont go down the all inclusive many path false love god road .
ANY LOVE that comes FROM THE GOD , AS IN THE ONLY GOD , DRAWS US TO THE ONLY NAME WHO CAN SAVE US .
JESUS CHRIST . I TELL us all , THAT IS THE ONLY NAME I AM GONNA PREACH AS THE ONLY MEANS TO BE SAVED .
AND YES i will warn folks , IF YOU REJECT HIM , HE WILL REJECT YOU . WE MUST BELIEVE IN HE WHOM GOD DID SEND .
WE MUST BELIEVE THE TESTIMONY THAT GOD has GIVEN US OF THE SON . IF NOT we make GOD A LIAR . JOHN SAID IT FIRST .
AND ITS TRUE . SO my advice is , LET No man follow this false love that allows folks to remain in whatever religoin they please .
ITS A LIE FROM HELL . I REPEAT. HERE IS HOW ONE IS SAVED . BELEIVE IN JESUS CHRIST
CONFESSING HIM BY MOUTH and BELEVIEVNG from the HEART that GOD has rose HIM From the dead .
ITS SO SIMPLE REALLY .

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you agree with Romans 8:14 ?
In your perspective, WHO does “LED” by the Spirit of God APPLY to?
Ephesians 1:13KJV
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 4:30KJV
30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Reactions: Taken

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank you,
Taken

Scripture only calls angels "sons of God." And that includes both the original angels and the fallen angels per Job 1 and 1 Kings 22:19-23

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture only calls angels "sons of God." And that includes both the original angels and the fallen angels per Job 1 and 1 Kings 22:19-23

TY...OT...Notice:

John 1:
[12] But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Glory to God,
Take

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TY...OT...Notice:

John 1:
[12] But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Glory to God,
Take

Yes, in our New Covenant we can. God even calls us children of God in 1 John 3:1-3, so sons of God is appropriate for all who will be with the angels in heaven with God forever.

We even can do divine things such as heal the sick, cast out demons and even raise the dead. Also, ever since Jesus died and was resurrected, the fallen angels can no longer come before God's throne as they did in the Old Testament.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, in our New Covenant we can. God even calls us children of God in 1 John 3:1-3, so sons of God is appropriate for all who will be with the angels in heaven with God forever.

We even can do divine things such as heal the sick, cast out demons and even raise the dead. Also, ever since Jesus died and was resurrected, the fallen angels can no longer come before God's throne as they did in the Old Testament.
You are saying we become the angels, not like the angels.