Who do you live for?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do you live for you or Christ? What you do on a daily basis tells you who you live for.
You either living for Him or your self. Might be 5% for Him 95% for you. Might be the opposite.
We been asked to give a a few basic things. But really we aint that keen to really live like He did.

Its at least a step in the right direction to at least ackowledge this fact.
So again who do you live for. Do you fulfill the basic commanded to love one and other. Do you love me as much as you love your family. Because you are ment to. Do you forgive men who offended you. Do you defend your self when someone says a false thing about you.
Your not ment to defend your self from accusations. But we really havent even managed to get past that very very lowly thing. This will tell you who you live for.

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me." Matt 10:36-37

"He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother." Matt 12:48-50

"But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted." Luke 14:10-11

"Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:" Phil 2:3-5

"He must increase, but I must decrease." John 3:30

Reactions: Ally.s.j

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Off the top...with what is going on in my life...I live to be kind and offer complete aid and light-headedness in the face of grief and trauma and great need...for a family
member I am taking in....arriving probably Friday...goodbye living alone for 26 years and loving it!
:D

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you live for you or Christ? What you do on a daily basis tells you who you live for.
You either living for Him or your self. Might be 5% for Him 95% for you. Might be the opposite.
We been asked to give a a few basic things. But really we aint that keen to really live like He did.

So again who do you live for. Do you fulfill the basic commanded to love one and other. Do you love me as much as you love your family. Because you are ment to. Do you forgive men who offended you. Do you defend your self when someone says a false thing about you.
Your not ment to defend your self from accusations. But we really havent even managed to get past that very very lowly thing. This will tell you who you live for.

'Who I live for' is not predicated on your demands. You're not God.

As a Christian man I worship God and Christ, tend to my obligations to my family in defense, support, and provision, though failing in many ways. My life is God's. And He expects this of me.

Do I love you as much as I do my family? No. I don't love you at all. Sorry. I find it hard to love someone when they demand to be loved.

Stranger

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Here's one for the record!!! How many of you rely consider what God and Savior Think. WWJD was a big thing out there for a while, I thought it was a joke! It is written what He would do, Read The Gospels, I don't need to Imagine what He would do! So in our daily walk do we rely consider what They, God and Savior Think!!! Are we walking uprightly, are we doing something that is contrary to HIS Will, there was a statement made on another thread- our Savior said that those that do the will of My Father, are My brothers, and sisters, and My Mother, last words to John, while hanging on the tree that He Created!

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I never asked you your very drab. and dont know how to comuincate. I would also ask if you never post on any thing i ever want an adult conversation to. I am god sonshine. are you not gods? read it it and learn
'Who I live for' is not predicated on your demands. You're not God.

As a Christian man I worship God and Christ, tend to my obligations to my family in defense, support, and provision, though failing in many ways. My life is God's. And He expects this of me.

Do I love you as much as I do my family? No. I don't love you at all. Sorry. I find it hard to love someone when they demand to be loved.

Stranger

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. I don't love you at all. Sorry. I find it hard to love someone when they demand to be loved.

Stranger, are you hard to love? Yet, He loves you. He loved us when we were in sin. We all make demands on Him. He may not give us our demands, because He loves us.

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So Amadeous quotes some scripture nice thanks but you never answerd the personal questions. You dont have to thats fine.
Thanks Miss Hepburn for your reply inkeeping with the questions and Christ likeness
Starnger as usuall complete and utter waste of time
Truth not sure if you bother reading anything at all?

What I see is what I expected. I know this is verey very hard for some of you. I also know this is very very challanging. when you have to confront what might not be doing. I believe that facts are most Christians are doing nothing of real scriptuaral value. So I just push the buttons and leave you and God to deal with it. I dont really want to know what you do or dont do. Its really none of my business on a personal level. But it is your business and Gods. So you look at it and do what you like with it. Dont get upset like milk sucking babies. Face it confront IT not me. and deal with it. Or dont do nothing with it. Its your reward not mine. Even if this is all I did until I died It would still be more than most Christians do in there walk.

Which begs the question who are you walking with? If you were walking with Christ you would already be confronting this on your own with Him.
And a round we go. You can see the reaction already started. People get defencive when you show em where they are not.

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok...before this family tragedy that has changed some things...
When I was alone without a care in the world due to knowing the Formula Jesus gave us for a happy life here... I would have said (and really still do..)...to learn
and learn and learn...and bec of my full life by His Grace ..teach and teach and teach...being an example of how happy and contended we can be when focusing on God.
I don' know anything in all this Universe that is more imp than focusing on God.
The 2nd thing that opened me to God more was a note on a refrigerator left after a black lady died and the house was being shown...He who stays his mind on Me, I will keep him in perfect peace..Isaiah.

Whether I am here or there...ie, in the Afterlife...what could be more sublime, more blissful, more ecstatic, than being devoted to the Divine One..and then, holding His hand forever His...
all else comes.

You think those are just words...ha, they aren't..ask anyone that knows me.

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I live for Christ. And live to strive to be like Him. It is no cakewalk. But it is a must to live in the world.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never asked you your very drab. and dont know how to comuincate. I would also ask if you never post on any thing i ever want an adult conversation to. I am god sonshine. are you not gods? read it it and learn

If I don't know how to communicate, why are your replying? I think you understand me very well.

Oh...you're God? I don't believe it. And, I don't love you. How is that? Now, tell me you love me. You can do it. I demand it. If you don't love me, then you can't be a Christian. So go ahead and tell me you love me.

Stranger

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I also know this is very very challanging. when you have to confront what might not be doing. I believe that facts are most Christians are doing nothing of real scriptuaral value.

You are pleasing in His sight through Jesus Christ. Here is some real scriptural value for those who are being judged by what they do or don't do.

Romans 14:16-18, Therefore do not let what you know is good be spoken of as evil. For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and receives human approval.

Pleasing to God in the Holy Spirit through the invisible things such as righteousness, peace and joy or pleasing to God through the visible things like helping an old lady cross the street or by not eating pork?

Romans 12:1-2, Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Be pleasing to God by doing? Prove the pleasing through renewing your mind because being a living sacrifice is something you are, not something you become.

Colossians 3:20, Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord.

Obey in all things, it pleases the Lord. Do good, not bad but He is pleased with you whether you behave good or bad.

Hebrews 13:21, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Jesus Christ makes you pleasing in His sight, He does the work in you.

I dont really want to know what you do or dont do.

Good, coz it's none of your business anyway.

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
Do you defend your self when someone says a false thing about you. Your not ment to defend your self from accusations.

When the Pharisees accused Jesus of breaking the Sabbath, Jesus defended himself against their accusation. (Luke 6)

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
But ofcoarse I love you silly. I never said God. That was you silly. I said god. Do you not know scripture?
Now what makes you think not loveing eash other means your not a Christian

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I don't know how to communicate, why are your replying? I think you understand me very well.

Oh...you're God? I don't believe it. And, I don't love you. How is that? Now, tell me you love me. You can do it. I demand it. If you don't love me, then you can't be a Christian. So go ahead and tell me you love me.

Stranger

I will say this, when I first encountered our Savior, and received the free gift of Salvation! God and or Savior overwhelmed me with a Love so powerful that it rocked me to this day. When I remember back to that first experience it brings tears to my eyes, like right now as I reply, By your responses to others, I can see that you do not believe that others can have a Love for you, which we are to have for those that are of the Flock! I do not know you personalty, and that doesn't stop me for having a love for you or your soul. Maybe you do not want others to love, or care about you, But the case is! there is nothing on earth or in the Heavens that can stop people from just that. So do not be so hard on those that try. One other thing, I never knew Love at all, not mother, of dad, nothing all my growing up years, So My Savior filled me with the true Love, TO SHARE!

Reactions: pia

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who do I live for? Can't really say, I didn't ask to be born so..........God.............is that the answer you wanted to hear? o_O

CharlesC

Jan 26, 2018
Belle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really think a Christian should live for Jesus. I do.. If you love me, you will keep my commands. If you love me, you will keep my teachings. So Jesus makes it clear, that we are to do more.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I really think a Christian should live for Jesus. I do.. If you love me, you will keep my commands. If you love me, you will keep my teachings. So Jesus makes it clear, that we are to do more.
nice! Grace is not a Get Out of Jail Free Card, as is so often forwarded by believers. Grace is harder than Law, not easier

ntmy, btw :)