Who Do You Worship?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Since Jesus is God the Creator and Redeemer, He does not worship God the Father. And the Father calls Him "God". Thus all the fulness of the Godhead dwells in Christ bodily. Therefore He would definitely give you that answer.

Who has a God and doesn’t worship him?

Your answer either denies that Jesus has a God or acknowledges that he does but denies that he worships him.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I were God and I decided to hang out with the people and show them what kind of worship I would like to have.
I would make myself the example.
So when you saw me praying to me, that would be exactly what I would want you to do.
So every thing I did while I was here, I was giving you the example of what I find exceptable and favorable.
I showed you how I cared about you. I fed you, I clothed you, I healed you. I even cried for you.
And I prayed to show you how you aught to pray.
I didn't do this for myself. I did this for you, because I love you.
I always have and always will.
And I laid down my life for my friends, so that where I AM you can be there with me.

Hugs

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since Jesus is God the Creator and Redeemer, He does not worship God the Father. And the Father calls Him "God". Thus all the fulness of the Godhead dwells in Christ bodily. Therefore He would definitely give you that answer.
You do read and understand scripture that is pertinent to the subject at hand?

(Mat 4:10) Then Jesus said to him, “Be gone, Satan! For it is written, “‘You shall worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve.’”(ESV)

Stop making things up and then apply any scripture to suit your own needs that does not serve the subject at hand.

Jesus definitely worships his God, who his Father per scripture. He said it because he believes it and it applies to him as well as all of us.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do read and understand scripture that is pertinent to the subject at hand? I have my doubts?

(Mat 4:10) Then Jesus said to him, “Be gone, Satan! For it is written, “‘You shall worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve.’”(ESV)

Stop making things up and then apply any scripture to suit your own needs that does not serve the subject at hand.

Jesus definitely worships his God, who his Father per scripture. He said it because he believes it and it applies to him as well as all of us.

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You want to see something scary????
This is what the world worships, and I just can't get my mind around it.

Hugs

Mark Dice is what you would call a scorner.

Watching the news or politics is fine. But too much is not good, and when they lead you to focus or trust in things of man, then you're not in a good place.

Reactions: Ziggy

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You forgot to post what Thomas said when he saw the resurrected Savior (and it was not disputed by Christ): Then saith He [Christ] to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. (John 20:27,28)

Following this we read that the apostles worshipped Christ after His resurrection: Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them. And when they saw Him, they worshipped Him: but some doubted. (Mt 28:16,17) Evidently it might have been those other than the eleven who doubted, because the eleven had received the gift of the Holy Spirit (Thomas after his proclamation) and they could easily discern that Jesus is God the Son (God the Word).

So when the apostle John wrote his Gospel, the Holy Spirit gave him the clearest statement about God the Word in John 1:1. The Word was not only with God (the Father) but the Word Himself was God. If you do not believe John 1:1, how can you say you believe the Bible?

Now would it not be the height of absurdity if God worshipped God? Especially when the Bible says that all the fulness of the Godhead dwells in Christ bodily.

Reactions: dhh712

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You forgot to post what Thomas said when he saw the resurrected Savior (and it was not disputed by Christ): Then saith He [Christ] to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. (John 20:27,28)

Following this we read that the apostles worshipped Christ after His resurrection: Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them. And when they saw Him, they worshipped Him: but some doubted. (Mt 28:16,17) Evidently it might have been those other than the eleven who doubted, because the eleven had received the gift of the Holy Spirit (Thomas after his proclamation) and they could easily discern that Jesus is God the Son (God the Word).

So when the apostle John wrote his Gospel, the Holy Spirit gave him the clearest statement about God the Word in John 1:1. The Word was not only with God (the Father) but the Word Himself was God. If you do not believe John 1:1, how can you say you believe the Bible?

Now would it not be the height of absurdity if God worshipped God? Especially when the Bible says that all the fulness of the Godhead dwells in Christ bodily.

“Now would it not be the height of absurdity if God worshipped God?”

It sounds to me that you believe that it would.

IF it can be shown in scripture that Jesus of Nazareth worshipped God, would you be able to acknowledge that what you believe is “the height of absurdity”?

IF you were able to acknowledge that what you believe is “the height of absurdity,” would you change your mind or would you continue to believe what you know to be “the height of absurdity”?

A brilliant scene from the 1932 Marx Brothers film Horse Feathers.

P.S.

“Whoever answers before listening is both foolish and shameful.”

(Proverbs 18:13, ISV)

Last edited:
Reactions: APAK

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you.

@Nancy wants to hear from JW’s in this thread. I’m not a JW. I extend my apologies to her if my post hinders JW’s from responding or takes her thread off topic.
There comes a time you know when its all been said and still people don't get it. What is the point of rehashing when every point and scripture has already been countered with explanations as to why Jesus cannot be God? Its so indoctrinated that they cannot see past it.
The old saying is true...."A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still"....its a certain kind of blindness I think. (2 Corinthians 4:3-4)

I think it’s important to hear from the JW’s and to compare their answer(s) with what Jesus would say if he were asked the question which Nancy directed to them.
I can tell you that the 'died in the wool' trinitarians here would not hear a word that is said against the trinity, but they would find excuses to ignore plain scripture, which is what they have been given. No allowance is made for bad or erroneous translations, or the original meanings of Greek words, which have been offered many times, but always fall on deaf ears. Jesus will come as judge in the near future I believe, and he will show the world who were his true disciples all along. There will be no doubt then. The "sheep" will be separated form the "goats" and their judgment will be final. We will all 'reap what we have sown'.

Jesus as a witness to Jehovah compared with the witness of others (JW and/or non-JW) to Jehovah is compelling reading.
Jesus called himself "the faithful witness" as well as "the beginning of God's creation". (Revelation 3:14) But still they don't see it.
He called his Father "my God" after his return to heaven, (Revelation 3:12) but still there is no acknowledgement of what Jesus himself said.

When you have a blind spot, there is nothing in it but your own opinion.

Last edited:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I did not forget anything Enoch and not the scripture concerning Jesus' resurrection or what is the word or logos, either. They are off-topic at this moment and act as your diversion. This is what you want me to do, go off on a wild goose chase with you. Not today.

And incidentally, whilst you cited other scripture, the biggest error and there are others in your post here is that you do not understand what logos actually means and never have understood it. You still think it is the person called the Son of God. You are not not alone of course. The subject at hand, concerns who do you worship and also who Jesus worships. You have a very difficult time just coming out and saying it with adding irrelevant scripture.

These are actual words of our lord and Savior who also prayed a bit to his God, his Father.

(Joh 4:21) Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe me, the hour is coming when neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father.
(Joh 4:22) You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, for salvation is from the Jews.
(Joh 4:23) But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him. (NOT his Son)
(Joh 4:24) God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”

Jesus also is saying by strong inference according to this scripture that God is his Father of also believers or true worshipers. Did you get these pertinent facts?! Jesus is not looking for worship, his Father is seek it and God is his Father.

So I take it you must now believe that Jesus, even today, worships God, the Father as we do.

The Father is also worshipped by believers honoring and praying to his Son, although the very essence of true worship must be to the Father only. Remember the 1st Commandment and the Father's word in the OT and the Shema? They all apply here, they are all pertinent scripture

-------------------------------------------
Exodus 20:2 and 3 “I am Yahweh your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. You shall have no other gods before Me.”

Deuteronomy 4:35, 39 To you it was shown that you might know that Yahweh, He is God; there is no other besides Him. Know therefore today, and take it to your heart, that Yahweh, He is God in heaven above and on the earth below; there is no other.

Isaiah 45:5 and 6 I am Yahweh, and there is no other; Besides Me there is no God. I will gird you, though you have not known Me; That men may know from the rising to the setting of the sun That there is no one besides Me. I am Yahweh, and there is no other,

Jeremiah 10:10 But Yahweh is the true God; He is the living God and the everlasting King. At His wrath the earth quakes, And the nations cannot endure His indignation.

Deuteronomy 6:4 and 5 Hear [Shema], O Israel! Yahweh is our God, Yahweh is one! You shall love Yahweh your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.

--------------------------------------------------------------
This is true worship of God, the Father as Jesus would also agree. As of course I do also, I worship in truth and spirit with both the spirit of Yahshua and the Holy Spirit of the Father within me...we are one in the same Spirit of the same one baptism. amen

Last edited:
Reactions: Matthias

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exodus 20:3: “You shall have no other gods before Me.”

Titus 2:13: "waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,"

John 5:18
18 "This was why the Jews were seeking all the more to kill him, because not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God."

Matthew 2:11
11 "And going into the house, they saw the child with Mary his mother, and they fell down and worshiped him. Then, opening their treasures, they offered him gifts, gold and frankincense and myrrh."

Luke 24:52
52 "And they worshiped him and returned to Jerusalem with great joy,"

If Jesus is not God incarnate, why do we worship Him? His identity itself is divine! And, He ain't no "angel"! Archangel or any other kind of angel.

5 Bible Verses about Angels Not To Be Worshipped

Revelation 22:8-9
I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I heard and saw, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed me these things. But he *said to me, “Do not do that. I am a fellow servant of yours and of your brethren the prophets and of those who heed the words of this book. Worship God.”

Matthew 4:9-10
and he said to Him, “All these things I will give You, if You fall down and worship me.” Then Jesus *said to him, “Go, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only.’”

Luke 4:7-8
Therefore if You worship before me, it shall all be Yours.” Jesus answered him, “It is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God and serve Him only.’”

Romans 1:25
"For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen."

Colossians 2:18
"Let no one keep defrauding you of your prize by delighting in self-abasement and the worship of the angels, taking his stand on visions he has seen, inflated without cause by his fleshly mind,"

Source: 5 Bible verses about Angels Not To Be Worshipped

So then, how do those who worship angel/angels get past these verses? Seems they might have to jump through a whole lotta hoops to make this into "a" truth...?

I am truly interested in what some of our beloved JW's have to say about this...please though, not a million para's...I'm slow like that :D

Well, they will just try to convince you that worship in all those places is a mistranslation.
Everything that doesn’t fit their indoctrination is a “mistranslation.”

However, most amazingly, speaking against Jesus can be forgiven.

31 “So I tell you, every sin and blasphemy can be forgiven—except blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, which will never be forgiven.32 Anyone who speaks against the Son of Man can be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven, either in this world or in the world to come.

But if I do his work, believe in the evidence of the miraculous works I have done, even if you don’t believe me. Then you will know and understand that the Father is in me, and I am in the Father.”

Reactions: marks and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, they will just try to convince you that worship in all those places is a mistranslation.
Everything that doesn’t fit their indoctrination is a “mistranslation.”

However, most amazingly, speaking against Jesus can be forgiven.

31 “So I tell you, every sin and blasphemy can be forgiven—except blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, which will never be forgiven.32 Anyone who speaks against the Son of Man can be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven, either in this world or in the world to come.

But if I do his work, believe in the evidence of the miraculous works I have done, even if you don’t believe me. Then you will know and understand that the Father is in me, and I am in the Father.”

Yes, amazing the amount of hoops and back bending and wresting the scriptures to fit their own man made agendas. Although, IMHO, there will be a remnant of even these cults saved; as He looks to the heart.

"However, most amazingly, speaking against Jesus can be forgiven." <---IKR??

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
There comes a time you know when its all been said and still people don't get it. What is the point of rehashing when every point and scripture has already been countered with explanations as to why Jesus cannot be God? Its so indoctrinated that they cannot see past it.
The old saying is true...."A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still"....its a certain kind of blindness I think. (2 Corinthians 4:3-4)

I don’t know the history between you and @Nancy but her post that begins this thread sounds sincere to me. It strikes me, a third party who is in neither her theological camp nor yours, that she has presented specific passages of scripture which she currently sees (and may or may not always see) as insurmountable obstacles to believing what you believe.

Keeping in mind that I’m totally ignorant of past conversations the two of you may have had, if I were in your position I would view it as a Godsend. It takes a lot of time and effort to find out why a person believes one thing and not another. Without any apparent prompting from you, she handed it to you on a silver platter.

From my perspective, she did even more than that. She gave you an opportunity to : (1) address her impediments; (2) present your position to a wider audience; and (3) re-examine what you believe and why you believe it. I would thank her for it.

I can tell you that the 'died in the wool' trinitarians here would not hear a word that is said against the trinity, but they would find excuses to ignore plain scripture, which is what they have been given. No allowance is made for bad or erroneous translations, or the original meanings of Greek words, which have been offered many times, but always fall on deaf ears.

You’re specific about “trinitarians here”. Are they different here than they are elsewhere in your experience with them?

I was once a “died in the wool” trinitarian. I recognize my former self in them, but not all of them.

Jesus will come as judge in the near future I believe, and he will show the world who were his true disciples all along. There will be no doubt then. The "sheep" will be separated form the "goats" and their judgment will be final. We will all 'reap what we have sown'.

I don’t know when he will return but I believe, as you do, that he will, and hope that it is sooner rather than later.

I’ve found that people are generally resistant to re-examining what they believe and why they believe it. Reasons vary.

I’m much more open to it in my later years than I was in the days of my youth. I earnestly desire to be counted among the sheep - don’t we all? I’m open to the possibility, as slight as it may be, that what I believe could be wrong.

I read. It might surprise you to hear that approximately 80% of my reading on the subject of theology are works written by trinitarian authors. Why do you suppose that is? Trinitarians have their ideas about it. I’d be interested in hearing yours.

Jesus called himself "the faithful witness" as well as "the beginning of God's creation". (Revelation 3:14) But still they don't see it.
He called his Father "my God" after his return to heaven, (Revelation 3:12) but still there is no acknowledgement of what Jesus himself said.

Have you found no exceptions among them?

When you have blind spot, there is nothing in it but your own opinion.

I’m open to the possibility that I may have blind spots. Are they? Are you?

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t know the history between you and @Nancy but her post that begins this thread sounds sincere to me. It strikes me, a third party who is in neither her theological camp nor yours, that she has presented specific passages of scripture which she currently sees (and may or may not always see) as insurmountable obstacles to believing what you believe.

Keeping in mind that I’m totally ignorant of past conversations the two of you may have had, if I were in your position I would view it as a Godsend. It takes a lot of time and effort to find out why a person believes one thing and not another. Without any apparent prompting from you, she handed it to you on a silver platter.

From my perspective, she did even more than that. She gave you an opportunity to : (1) address her impediments; (2) present your position to a wider audience; and (3) re-examine what you believe and why you believe it. I would thank her for it.

You’re specific about “trinitarians here”. Are they different here than they are elsewhere in your experience with them?

I was once a “died in the wool” trinitarian. I recognize my former self in them, but not all of them.

I don’t know when he will return but I believe, as you do, that he will, and hope that it is sooner rather than later.

I’ve found that people are generally resistant to re-examining what they believe and why they believe it. Reasons vary.

I’m much more open to it in my later years than I was in the days of my youth. I earnestly desire to be counted among the sheep - don’t we all? I’m open to the possibility, as slight as it may be, that what I believe could be wrong.

I read. It might surprise you to hear that approximately 80% of my reading on the subject of theology are works written by trinitarian authors. Why do you suppose that is? Trinitarians have their ideas about it. I’d be interested in hearing yours.

Yes, spot on what I was looking for in the OP. But, @Aunty Jane does have a point same ole, same ole verses. Her and I don't have much of a history as we have only few times interacted so, no real history there.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark Dice is what you would call a scorner.

Watching the news or politics is fine. But too much is not good, and when they lead you to focus or trust in things of man, then you're not in a good place.
I agree Mark Dice does Mock liars and people who claim to be wise and are fools.

If you don't stay ahead of the news, what is not acceptable today, will be demanded as the norm tomorrow.
And the focus of things going on today, they don't pertain to the flesh so much as they do to the spirit.
If your not watching, and discerning, then you won't know how to prepare fot the storm when it hits.

Mat 16:1 The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would shew them a sign from heaven.
Mat 16:2 He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red.
Mat 16:3 And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowring. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?
Mat 16:4 A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.

Jonah is an interesting character. God gave him an assignment to go to Ninevah and proclaim the "news"
The message read something like, If you don't change your "politics" then your going to end up reaping what you sow.
Now that 40 day intermission wouldn't begin until Jonah delivered the "news"
He was afraid they would kill him for bearing the bearer of bad "news"
He tried to avoid it at all costs.
But in the end God got his "breaking News" out to the people of Ninevah.
They changed their ways and God forgave them.

You can't change directions unless you have a compass and know you've gotten off course.
Today's news proves we need a change, not only in politics, but in our hearts.

Thank you for sharing
:D
Hugs

Reactions: Nancy

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is little history between @Nancy and myself. But a lot of interchange with others on this topic.
You see, I believe that the devil counts on what seems to be the truth.....he is a master deceiver after all. (He invented propaganda) So there is nothing in those “insurmountable obstacles” that are not open to deeper investigation. Lazy “Christians" will not dig for the hidden treasure because they are comfortable with the convenient lie, and fear what an inconvenient truth might uncover, so they find their own reasons for rejecting anything that will upset the status quo.

Without any apparent prompting from you, she handed it to you on a silver platter.
Many have done so and the hours it has taken me to respond has usually resulted in what you see on this thread.
I take hours to post my responses because I care about the truth.

Been there, done that, literally hundreds of times....but if you wish I will gladly respond to every point, based on my own extensive research.

An unexamined faith is not worth having IMO. If we don’t know what we believe and why we believe it, or if we accept something at face value because the majority do, then we are not following the example of Jesus’ first disciples.

The majority never have the truth...(Matthew 7:13-14) the devil controls the majority and always has. (1 John 5:19) His propaganda has always swayed the minds and hearts of those he could deceive. Only Jehovah, by his spirit, can open the mind and heart to receive his truth. The happily deceived, he leaves to their favored delusions.

Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we ask you, brothers, not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by a spirit or a spoken word, or a letter seeming to be from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. . . .Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion [apostasy] comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, And you know what is restraining him now so that he may be revealed in his time. . . .For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work. Only he who now restrains it will do so until he is out of the way. The coming of the lawless one is by the activity of Satan with all power and false signs and wonders, and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false, in order that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.”
(2 Thessalonians 2:1-3,6-7,9-12 - ESV)

Your wish is my command.....:)

It is not in my nature to leave stones unturned. I will keep digging until I get to the bottom of any issue.

No one is perfect. I am a researcher.....I will not put a subject in the “too hard basket” if I can keep digging to find the truth....or should I say what I believe is the truth.....i.e. what satisfies my quest to find the truth, (as it fits in with the entirety of scripture) no matter how inconvenient I may once have thought it was. (I too used to believe in the trinity because it was taught by the church in which my parents raised me.) But my God-given sense of logic would not allow me to have unanswered questions. When the church could not explain its own teachings, I went looking elsewhere for the answers. The Bible had all the answers but I needed help to find them, outside of the ministers who themselves had been indoctrinated by their own institutions. (Just like the Pharisees) Their scriptures were not in error, but their interpretation had been skewed by wicked men centuries ago, led by the devil to obscure and complicate simple truth.

I refer to Daniel’s prophesy on “the time of the end” where he tells us that only now, (when we are actually living in this time period) would we understand what he wrote....and that “knowledge would become abundant” at this time (Daniel 12:4).....today we have more research resources at our disposal than at any other time in history. No one has an excuse for ignorance, because we are living in a time that parallels that of Noah’s day. (Matthew 24:37-39) We too are in a judgment period, where our choices to listen to God’s servants and respond to their message ...these are trying to tell people what is about to happen, but it will again fall on deaf ears. (Matthew 24:14)

Those Jews who lived in the first century were expecting their Messiah, based on Daniel’s prophesy, but because his identity had been obscured by the religious leaders, the majority dismissed him.....their hearts and minds were corrupted to such an extent that they not only approved of Christ's murder, but they actually cursed themselves and their children with his blood. (Matthew 27:25)

So having said all that I will gladly provide what you request FWIW.....
I will address each point, but it may take me a while.....watch this space...:D

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That’s not the answer he would give in response to the question he was asked. That’s your answer, placed in his mouth.

Jesus would answer that he worshipped his God.
Seems to me to be mightily presumptuous to demand everyone here believe your opinion on how Jesus would answer a certain way to a hypothetical question.

Reactions: amadeus

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Seems to me to be mightily presumptuous to demand everyone here believe your opinion on how Jesus would answer a certain way to a hypothetical question.

I haven’t made any demands.

I’ve asked what Jesus would say in response to a particular question and I’ve received an opinion from one person, which I rejected.

I’ve suggested that Jesus would answer the question by saying that he worshipped his God. That suggestion was rejected by the person I suggested it to.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Matthias has asked for a response to your post, so here goes.....please excuse the jump in font sizes, this happens when people don't use the default sizing in their posts, I presume.
I messes up the replies.

Exodus 20:3: “You shall have no other gods before Me.”
If the Jewish Shema declared....
"Hear, O Israel: The Lord is our God; the Lord is one. דשְׁמַ֖ע יִשְׂרָאֵ֑ל יְהֹוָ֥ה אֱלֹהֵ֖ינוּ יְהֹוָ֥ה | אֶחָֽד:" (Deuteronomy 6:4, Jewish Tanakh)
Their one God was "יְהֹוָ֥ה" ....so no god who was not Yahweh/Jehovah was to receive worship. Jesus was never once called Yahweh, so he was not God and never commanded "worship" for himself, however he did on occasion receive "obeisance"....it's the same word but context determines the interpretation.

So we have to understand this word "worship" in order to know what was rendered and to whom. It is basically the rendering of reverent honor or homage to someone who is deemed worthy of such.

Most Hebrew and Greek words that can denote "worship" can also be applied to acts other than worship. However, the context determines in what way the respective words are to be understood. When given to Yahweh it is worship, when given to man it is obeisance. Jesus was a man.
But even on his return to heaven his Father was still his "God" (Revelation 3:12) Does God worship himself?

There are three Hebrew words..."ʽa·vadhʹ" meaning "to serve".....serving or worshiping Jehovah required obedience to all of his commands, doing his will as a person exclusively devoted to him, as all Jews were obligated to do by birth. (Joshua 24:14-15)
"hish·ta·chawahʹ" meaning to bow down or do obeisance....which could at times simply be an act of respect or of courteous regard toward another person.
and "sa·ghadhʹ" meaning to "prostrate oneself"......all have their place in Jewish scripture. What happens when one language does not translate accurately to another? Misinterpretation. Calling "obeisance" "worship" is a prime example...they are not the same, but if you rely on an inaccurate English translation, you can easily be misled.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Titus 2:13: "waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,"
Titus 1:4 should clear this one up....its all in the phrasing.
"To Titus, my true child in a common faith: Grace and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior." (NASB)
"To Titus, my true child in a common faith: Grace and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior." (ESV)
"To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour." (KJV)

See also 2 Thessalonians 1:12. Does scripture contradict itself?

John 5:18

18 "This was why the Jews were seeking all the more to kill him, because not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God."[/quote]
The Jews were seeking to pin a charge of blasphemy on Jesus to get rid of him....of course they were going to claim this...but why did they want to get rid of him?
"For this reason the Jews were persecuting Jesus, because he was doing these things during the Sabbath. 17 But he answered them: “My Father has kept working until now, and I keep working.” 18 This is why the Jews began seeking all the more to kill him, because not only was he breaking the Sabbath but he was also calling God his own Father, making himself equal to God."

In another instance the Jews were wanting to stone Jesus....saying the same thing.....
"The Jews picked up stones again to stone Him. 32 Jesus replied to them, “I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?” 33 The Jews answered Him, “We are not stoning You for a good work, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God.” 34 Jesus answered them, “Has it not been written in your Law: ‘I said, you are gods’? 35 If he called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be nullified), 36 are you saying of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?" (John 10:31-36)

Here was a perfect opportunity for Jesus to admit that he was God....the Jews were going to stone him anyway...yet what did he say he was?

Matthew 2:11
11 "And going into the house, they saw the child with Mary his mother, and they fell down and worshiped him. Then, opening their treasures, they offered him gifts, gold and frankincense and myrrh."
The magi were Babylonian astrologers who had come to pay homage to a new King....they did not come to worship another god, but to bring gifts to one born to be "king of the Jews".....this is not "worship" but a mistranslation of the Greek "pro·sky·neʹo which corresponds closely to the Hebrew term hish·ta·chawahʹ in expressing the thought of obeisance, demonstrating honor in this instance, not worship.
This same word is used in connection with a slave’s doing obeisance to a king (Matthew 18:26) and in describing the act Satan stipulated when he offered Jesus all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. (Matthew 4:8-9)

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Luke 24:52

52 "And they worshiped him and returned to Jerusalem with great joy,"

If Jesus is not God incarnate, why do we worship Him? His identity itself is divine! And, He ain't no "angel"! Archangel or any other kind of angel. [/quote]
Jesus was not "worshipped" but paid respectful homage by those who knew that he was "the son of God". (1 Corinthians 8:5-6)
He was God's "firstborn"...his "only begotten son" who identified himself in Revelation 3:14 as "the faithful and true Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God". If Jesus can say that he was the first of God's creation, then who are we to argue with him?
Nowhere is Jesus called the Creator, but he is identified as the one "through" whom all creation came. (Colossians 1:15-17)

Revelation 22:8-9
I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I heard and saw, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed me these things. But he *said to me, “Do not do that. I am a fellow servant of yours and of your brethren the prophets and of those who heed the words of this book. Worship God.”
Whom did the angel say to worship? Jesus? or God?
Show me one scripture where Jesus ever said he was God?

Matthew 4:9-10
and he said to Him, “All these things I will give You, if You fall down and worship me.” Then Jesus *said to him, “Go, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only.’”
Jesus was quoting Deuteronomy 6:13 which is rendered in the Jewish Tanakh...
"You shall fear the Lord, your God, worship Him, and swear by His name. יגאֶת־יְהֹוָ֧ה אֱלֹהֶ֛יךָ תִּירָ֖א וְאֹת֣וֹ תַֽעֲבֹ֑ד וּבִשְׁמ֖וֹ תִּשָּׁבֵֽעַ"
"The Lord your God" is clearly identified in that verse as "יְהֹוָ֧ה".

Luke 4:7-8

Therefore if You worship before me, it shall all be Yours.” Jesus answered him, “It is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God and serve Him only.’”[/quote]
Covered above...

Romans 1:25

"For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen."[/quote]
Covered above...Jesus is never called "the Creator"...he is the one "through whom" creation was made. That is called "agency".

Colossians 2:18

"Let no one keep defrauding you of your prize by delighting in self-abasement and the worship of the angels, taking his stand on visions he has seen, inflated without cause by his fleshly mind,"[/quote]
The worship of angels was common in Bible times, but since Jesus was never worshipped, and he is never described as "just an angel" what is the point of this scripture?

So then, how do those who worship angel/angels get past these verses? Seems they might have to jump through a whole lotta hoops to make this into "a" truth...?

I am truly interested in what some of our beloved JW's have to say about this...please though, not a million para's...I'm slow like that :D
Sorry, but I cannot do answers in 50 words or less.....it involves research and a deeper investigation than that.
There are no hoops to jump through that even come close the hoops that Christendom has created with regard to the truth of God's word on so many levels and with so many topics.

If you have been raised with Christendom's teachings, all I can say is do your own research and learn what the Bible really says...not what a fractured and disunited old institution wants you to believe.....the apostasy was foretold and it happened just as Jesus and the apostles said it would. Step back and see.....today's "Christianity" is a sad imitation of the original.