Who is the Antichrist? Let's Put a Name on Him.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your responses seem to be to throw in misdirecting statements to bring about confusion as if I am saying something very different.

It seems to me that I am fighting a losing battle in helping you to understand what I have come to see in the scriptures.

When I wrote:

You responded with, "That is a noble sentiment, but I don't see any evidence of that, yet." That response is very judgemental on your part as if you believe that your understanding is correct.

You keep asking question for proof that I am "right" in my understanding, but you provide real evidence to expose my "errors" in your mind.

Good day Sir. May the Lord bring the Revelation that you desire, as I have no desire to continue this discourse. It has no benefit for myself.
Dittoes. I can see it's just going in circles now. I just thank God you're not still thinking of kicking behinds anymore.

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So, after considering, there are a couple problems with the first beast not being a single man.

Firstly, The number of that beast is the number of a men, not that of a nation, or of many men and nations.

But secondly, that beast is certain one man cast into the LOF with the false prophet. These two are separated from among the armies, which are then slain by the Lord, and go to hell in their sin.

And so, that one man may yet be a national or world ruler.
How many crowned heads does a typical man have? Usually between 0 and 1. Multiple crowned heads means multiple rulers. Like the king of Britain, that is a crowned head.

The mark of the beast is the number of a man on the head (thoughts) or hand (work), which prevents a person from resting and causes all sorts of afflictions. In other words, it is the mark of Adam (IE you), it is the mark of earthly toils and mortality. In other words, you gotta work to pay your taxes. While you are on earth you are going to get sick and die. You are forced by your earthly condition to think about yourself, and you are distracted from thinking about God or other people by this.

The beast (#1 or #2) is not a man, but a concept. The devil is also sent to the lake of fire. How many people does the devil control? There's no man in a red suit running around telling people what to do, he has varying degrees of influence over billions of people simultaneously.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Dittoes. I can see it's just going in circles now. I just thank God you're not still thinking of kicking behinds anymore.

That is not my job, but God's and it will surprise you who will get tail ended with a kick.

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Point # 8 He is the Eighth King and is of the Seven.

Revelation 17
10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many crowned heads does a typical man have? Usually between 0 and 1. Multiple crowned heads means multiple rulers. Like the king of Britain, that is a crowned head.
Sorry, but our interpretations are only last so long as no Scripture contradicts it.

Two Scripture say the first beast is a man, one literally and another with not other reading for it.

The crowned heads are just as symbolic as before, and they just represent his successes in life, culminating with one head wounded as unto death, from which he recovers, which I believe is his conversion and spiritual transformation into the last great antichrist on earth.

The mark of the beast is the number of a man on the head (thoughts) or hand (work), which prevents a person from resting and causes all sorts of afflictions. In other words, it is the mark of Adam (IE you), it is the mark of earthly toils and mortality. In other words, you gotta work to pay your taxes. While you are on earth you are going to get sick and die. You are forced by your earthly condition to think about yourself, and you are distracted from thinking about God or other people by this.
Sorry again, but this is true of Gen 3, not of Rev 13. No one is allowed to work, nor take part in the market, without that number/name of that man.

We can spiritualize it as needing to sear our conscience in order to do business in his kingdom, but Scripture plainly says it is the number of a man, not a nation nor kingdom.

Symbology and spiritualizing things are fine, but not ignoring the plain meaning of words.

The beast (#1 or #2) is not a man, but a concept.
Sorry. Scripture says he's a man. God doesn't cast concepts into the LOF, neither does he pluck concepts from among armies.

The devil is also sent to the lake of fire. How many people does the devil control?
And the devil is the first fallen angel and leader of all fallen angels and men. He's not a concept, but a very real spiritual being to fight and resist, that has a heart full of corruption, and furious zeal to deceive others to himself as their god:

For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north.

For thou hast trusted in thy wickedness: thou hast said, None seeth me. Thy wisdom and thy knowledge, it hath perverted thee; and thou hast said in thine heart, I am, and none else beside me.

The devil from the beginning sinned again God, to make himself a god like God, and has been luring men to do the same. His greatest servant will be the last great antichrist ever, that is fully decieved to believe is christ come again in the flesh. He will have Satan's powers of persuasion and lying wonders to convert people to himself, more than any man of history, including Nimrod.

Your other teachings are still good, it's just that Scripture says he's a man. He can still start out as a national ruler, but converts to Christianity, and then brings in his own cursed gospel of Christ.

I believe the key is the head wounded as unto death, and recovers, to think he has risen from the dead like Christ, and so is christ come again from the earth, rather than the clouds.

The false prophet is no doubt someone like the first beast, that comes and joins him, to help push him over the edge, to glorify him as God.

Perhaps he is the one that transforms his Christian faith into another gospel.

Last edited:

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's going to be important very soon, for some to know who the Antichrist is.

Since I believe the Word tells us who the Antichrist is, it might be important to begin by identifying who He is not.

The Antichrist is neither Jewish, nor Roman.

Comments?
I confess...I don't have a clue who it might be, and I'm not entirely sure I want to engage in 'pin the tail on the antichrist'.....
However...I will comment on something I've been wondering about in Daniel 9. It's probably a stupid thought, but hey...if you can't have a stupid thought straightened out here, where can you?
I've been wondering about Daniel 9's use of the word 'prince' in relation to what most regard as the 'ac' figure. 'the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary...'
I find it interesting, because in the next chapter, we see the word 'prince' being used to describe spiritual entities. The 'prince of Persia' (demonic)...the 'chief prince' of Daniel's people (angelic).
Do we suppose the use of the word is incidental? Or do we need to adjust our expectations to what the 'man of lawlessness' is going to be like?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not my job, but God's and it will surprise you who will get tail ended with a kick.
Well, since He's not due for at least another thousand years, then there's nothing to worry about today or tomorrow or the next:

Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.

This prophesy of Scripture only begins to matter a thousand years from now.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not it, but it sure was funny. Thanks for the laugh.
I have to tell you, if you don't finally come across with some real hum-dinger of an AC, then I'm going to have 3 :mad: for you.

In the meantime, this is probably the most successful suspense thread I've seen so far.

Can't hardly wait for the drum roll.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The plan was to reveal the man of sin. I thought that was the beast of the sea. Turns out that the man of sin is the beast of the earth. No matter. I'll continue on with the beast of the sea who is also an Antichrist. The beast of earth causes the world to worship the beast of the sea. This next verse will tell you who the beast of the sea is.

You are right, there are wicked fallen angels that are the cohorts of Satan in Heaven and also on the earth and they are stirring up the sea to manifest their dominate characteristic within the people group, kingdom or empire that they are influencing, among the people in the sea. Over time the people of the sea ebb and flow in and out of the influence of the four beasts of Daniel 7:1-12. The four beasts of Daniel 7:1-12 are initially called the four winds of heaven, since angels are spiritual entities, and the wind or breath of God, is associated with the spirit of God and Angels have God's spirit within them. However, Satan lead a rebellion of angels against God, and since the time of that rebellion they have been exercising their influence over people to their detriment such that they lose their ability to have a relationship with God.

The Little Horn is also a wicked fallen heavenly host who has authority over the first four beasts of Daniel 7:1-12. When the Beasts of Daniel 7:1-12 are judged they are imprisoned in the Bottomless pit.

When the Bottomless pit is unlocked, the initial four beast come up from the Bottomless pit as a single entity but with the four dominate characteristics of the four beasts of Daniel 7:1-12. The beast is like a four facetted entity such that it is possible to discern the original four beast in the makeup of the Beast in the Book of Revelation.

The little Horn of the Book of Daniel, when he comes up out of the Bottomless pit in the earth, is called the false Prophet by John in the Book of rev.

The Beast and False Prophet of Rev 13 are underlings of Satan and are doing his bidding during the little while that Satan has to become a deity like God.

The False Prophet, i.e., the Little Horn of the OT, is the one who enters into a solemn covenant with many during the little while period at the end of the seventh Age.

It's going to be important very soon, for some to know who the Antichrist is.

Since I believe the Word tells us who the Antichrist is, it might be important to begin by identifying who He is not.

The Antichrist is neither Jewish, nor Roman.

You are right the anti-Christ is not a person, and the man of sin is Satan in 2 Thess 2:3-4. The beast, the False Prophet and Satan are all Anti-Christs in that they oppose God's purposes for mankind.

The great falling away also occurs during the little while period at the end of the seventh age.

I hope this helps with you understanding.

Shalom

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are right the anti-Christ is not a person, and the man of sin is Satan in 2 Thess 2:3-4. The beast, the False Prophet and Satan are all Anti-Christs in that they oppose God's purposes for mankind.

The great falling away also occurs during the little while period at the end of the seventh age.

I hope this helps with you understanding.

Shalom
The Antichrist is a person, so that did not help.

Reactions: ewq1938

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Who is the Antichrist? Let's Put a Name on Him.

As far as I know, references to the Antichrist appear in only 4 Bible verses (below) and make it clear that the Antichrist may well not be just one man/woman, but can also be an unholy spirit that infects thousands around the world.
Most politically-correct leftwing politicians and leftie organisations on both sides of the Atlantic are infected and are easy to spot because they're against everything Christian decent and honourable and patriotic.

"Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour" (1 John 2:18 )

"Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist, he denies the Father and the Son" (1 John 2:22/3)

"Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist" (2 John 1:7)

"..every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world" (1 John 4:3)

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Antichrist is a person, so that did not help.

Perhaps, you are still entrapped by the reformation theology that ignored the influencers of the people.

What you are promoting is not what the scriptures are showing me.

Oh well keep up the good servant's work.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Your Claim Is "False"

The Future Human Man, The Antichrist Seen Below In (Daniel) 11:37 Will Be A Hebrew/Jew In Decent, His Fathers Worshipped The True Hebrew (God Of His Fathers)

(Daniel) 11:37KJV
37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

Examples: God Of His Fathers

(2 Kings) 21:22KJV
22 And he forsook the Lord God of his fathers, and walked not in the way of the Lord.

(2 Chronicles) 21:10KJV
10 So the Edomites revolted from under the hand of Judah unto this day. The same time also did Libnah revolt from under his hand; because he had forsaken the Lord God of his fathers.
What makes you think his fathers were Jewish? What if they were Christian?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The spirit of God dwells IN MANKIND, and so does the Antichrist.
Even sinful mankind, those outside of Christ? The temple of God in NT times is the church, God's true people. Even if the Jews build a temple tomorrow, it would not not will ever be, the temple of God. It may be the temple of the Jews, but it will not be the temple of God that Paul is referring to in Thessalonians. The temple wherein we should be looking for the man of sin, the Antichrist, is among God's professed people, the church of Jesus. I stress professed, because obviously those who follow him are either deceived and ignorant and yet sincerely believing their church is true, or they know their system is corrupted from within and follow anyway, not wanting, or not knowing a way out. Remember, those being called to come out of spiritual Babylon are God's people... But they have a decision to make.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi. Thanks for the post. It's not likely that the Antichrist will be Putin. Antichrist uses charisma and flattery. That does not sound like Putin.
Charism and flattery? Did you get that from Tim LaHaye's books? Everyone will be in fear of him seeing his supernatural powers and fierce features ... He will threaten to kill you or starve you if you don't do what he says. And everyone will get in line. He will be possessed by Satan. But maybe Putin isn't the Antichrist, we'll see. I gave Gates some consideration, even a Rothschild or Klause Schwab?

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Daniel said this immediately after describing the prophesy. So he is talking about all these things, a war, a new god, an evil high priest in the temple, then Daniel says "I don't get what any of this means". So in other words, he knows it is not literal, he is asking God, what these things symbolize and God does not tell him.

You are drawing an incorrect conclusion. Daniel just doesn't understand what he is told. It does not mean it is not literal.
It is true that Daniel did not understand, at first, but Gabriel was sent for the express purpose to give him understanding. And that same understanding is ours if we believe...
KJV Daniel 7:17
17 These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth .
KJV Daniel 7:23
23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.

Therefore beasts in prophecy, and this applies throughout scripture, are not only kings, but a succession of kings over kingdoms, as all Bible expositor's throughout the centuries have agreed, the four beast kingdoms of Daniel 7 being Babylon, Meda Persia, Greece, and Rome.
There is absolutely no justification for believing that in reference to the Antichrist, a beast should without any precedence it example, suddenly become an individual man.
The sea beast in Revelation 13 has the same characteristics of the little horn that grew from the empire of pagan Rome.
The land beast of Revelation 13 is clearly a different kingdom and arises later in time, in fact 1260 years later.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well Biden seems to fit the bill despite his front as a 'sweet little old guy'..:)
"...for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light." (2 Cor 11:13/14)

View attachment 28766

Look at the facts-
1- Hardline terrorists dream of getting their hands on nuclear weapons.
Bin Laden responding to the question "are you trying to acquire chemical and nuclear weapons?" in Time Magazine Dec 1998-
"Acquiring weapons for the defense of Muslims is a religious duty. If I have indeed acquired these weapons, then I thank Allah for enabling me to do so. And if I seek to acquire these weapons, I am carrying out a duty. It would be a sin for Muslims not to try to possess the weapons that would prevent the infidels from inflicting harm on Muslims."

2- Iran has a nuclear industry, the byproducts of which can be used to make nuclear weapons-
View attachment 28769

3- So Trump banned the further development of Iran's nuclear industry.

4- But Biden has now given them the go-ahead to continue-
View attachment 28770

5- What could possibly go wrong?
You are looking to the world to answer a spiritual question posed in scripture and asked in the thread, who is Antichrist. The answer is in scripture.
the Little Horn will intend to change the times and the Law.
The times and laws have already been changed. And vast majority of Christians are obeying the new laws, and observing the new times. Like Jesus said, beware deception of the last days.
Do you have Scripture showing they will be loosed on the earth before then?
Demons are free now, within limits. Just look around you. But in the future they will be roaming openly in the streets, and people believing them to be either angels of light or gurus or whatever their fallen nature will tend toward, and Satan himself will in the final days impersonate Christ himself, appearing around the world as a Messiah to the Jews, and to different cultures... Krishna... Metreya... Etc etc
Identifying who the last antichrist is, is not as important as knowing what any antichrist is like.
The meaning of Antichrist is literally in place of Christ. only one example in all of history answers to all the criteria that prophecy demands. Only one.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Charism and flattery? Did you get that from Tim LaHaye's books? Everyone will be in fear of him seeing his supernatural powers and fierce features ... He will threaten to kill you or starve you if you don't do what he says. And everyone will get in line. He will be possessed by Satan. But maybe Putin isn't the Antichrist, we'll see. I gave Gates some consideration, even a Rothschild or Klause Schwab?

Any of those names add up to 666?