Who Jesus will Return for and Catch up at the (Rapture)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're kidding, right?

2 Thess 2:1-4
2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
KJV

That's just making excuses to hold onto a tradition of men that is not written in God's Word. Obeying Jesus' command to 'watch' the Signs leading up to His 2nd coming has nothing to do with worry. He gave us those Signs so we WOULDN'T worry!

But the doctrine of men you follow is what has you worrrying, otherwise you wouldn't be so scared to actually believe the Scriptures about the end as they are written instead of some 'fly away' theory that began to be preached by some man in 1830s Britain.
Satan will be revealed and the false prophet. It does not matter about doctrine or theology, nor how humans today interpret doctrine or theology. Why are you worried about how humans think any way? We should be preaching the Gospel as: The death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Nothing else matters now.

All the signs have happened over the last 150 years. Now the seals are being opened and the next one is seal 4. The seals deal with opening the Lamb's book of life. Those sealed in the Atonement by the Holy Spirit. Every name has been sealed since day six to the last human born in the next few years. But Jesus says woe to them who give birth at this time. This time is the same time Jesus lived, because Jesus will have disciples again just as the first time. This time it will involve the whole earth, not just Palestine. This time the goats and sheep, the wheat and tares will be harvested because the church age is over. It ends at the 7th seal. The church has persevered all the way up to the end. Not much time is left to persevere. The end comes when God on the throne and the Lamb appear to all on the earth. Then Satan will deal directly with God and Jesus Christ. All humanity on earth will deal directly with God and Jesus Christ. They will also forget that God does exist and go about their ways in the remaining judgments of the book of Revelation. It will be just like the children of Israel at Mt. Sinai. In the very presence of God, they will still create their own reality and reject God to His face.

Only the church can repent and prepare for God's coming to bring a worldwide revival before that event. Only the church will be the one who failed when billions die in their sins. The church does not see the need for revival. They are waiting for the Antichrist to lead them.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan will be revealed and the false prophet. It does not matter about doctrine or theology, nor how humans today interpret doctrine or theology. Why are you worried about how humans think any way? We should be preaching the Gospel as: The death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Nothing else matters now.

You really don't realize what you're saying. This isn't about some secularist battle between men. It's about obeying Lord Jesus' command in His Word IF you are one of His. If you allow some man or some man's system to get in the way of that then you have defaulted to putting your faith in man, and not in our Lord Jesus Christ and His Word. And what I am preaching is... part of The Gospel of Jesus Christ. His warnings to His Church in His Olivet discourse are INCLUDED in The Gospel Books (Matthew, Mark, and Luke). And furthermore, those same warning Signs are given in Christ's Book of Revelation, in Revelation 6.

All the signs have happened over the last 150 years. Now the seals are being opened and the next one is seal 4. The seals deal with opening the Lamb's book of life.

Not really. The Signs Jesus gave are for the very end of this world, just prior to His 2nd coming within the final generation. That most likely began in 1948 when Israel became a nation again, fulfilling the Jeremiah 24 two fig basket prophecy, representing when the fig shoot was set out. We are in the final generation when Christ's Signs happen.

We are already in the 4th Seal, as it's about the one-world system takeover of a fourth of the earth.

Those sealed in the Atonement by the Holy Spirit. Every name has been sealed since day six to the last human born in the next few years. But Jesus says woe to them who give birth at this time. This time is the same time Jesus lived, because Jesus will have disciples again just as the first time.

I can tell men's doctrines within that thinking. You have 'some' of the Scripture correct, but men's doctrines added to it. The sealing of Rev.7 indeed is by God's sealing, which is The Holy Spirit sealing. But this sealing is for the very end, so as to make a stand for Christ against the beast. How you gonna' do that if you fly away before the Antichrist even gets here? And that woe to those with child for the end is a warning about those who fall away to the coming false Messiah that comes first. It is not about literally pregnant women. It is from the Isaiah 54 metaphor about those whose paps never gave suck.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
End days signs are all around you!!! Open your eyes!
the current pandemic perfectly fits the warning Jesus gave in Luke 21:11. He said the time near His return would be characterized in part by plagues. And Covid-19 is a plague.

The most devastating plagues will come during the seven-year tribulation period which will take place sometime after the rapture. The first of the bowl judgments in Revelation 16 depicts a terrible pestilence. Verse 2 says, "And the first angel went and poured out his bowl into the earth; and it became a loathsome and malignant sore upon the men who had the mark of the beast and who worshiped his image."

Much earlier in the tribulation, the last of the four horsemen of the apocalypse will carry pestilence as one of its elements. Revelation 6:8 says, "And I looked, and behold, an ashen horse; and he who sat on it had the name Death; and Hades was following with him. And authority was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by the wild beasts of the earth."

The second of those four horsemen will bring a global, economic depression, deeper and more horrible than any before it. Covid seems to be setting the world up for that, too. Governments all over the world have been spending wildly to keep their economies afloat during a time when their income has been greatly diminished. Tax revenues are low when businesses can't open, and people are unemployed. That means massive new budget deficits all over the planet.

Another feature of the new era we have entered, is a striking level of lawlessness. Crime levels are exploding all over the world. Jesus said that this, too, would be a sign of His coming.

Seeing these events engulf our world is at least unsettling, if not outright terrifying. But God doesn't want you to be afraid. Remember that Jesus told about these things from a perspective of hope. In Luke 21:28, He said, "When these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near." HL.

BOWnQUIVER

Jul 7, 2020
catskills
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. “These who are clothed in the white robes, who are they, and where have they come from?” I said to him, “My lord, you know.” And he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the Great Tribulation. Rev 7:9-14

His Second Coming happens at the end of the Tribulation.

Revelation 7:14 (KJV)
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of {no the} great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

There is no "the" there. Suppose you can find that in many of the new books that have been written that follow false teachings but you wont find "the" in the bible.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will Jesus return for?? Who Jesus will Return for and Catch up at the (Rapture) Answer =Hebrews 9:28=Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To ""those who eagerly wait for Him"" He will appear a second time.
Those that do not look for and expect the rapture are left behind and then must then try to live under anti-christ rule.

1 Thessalonians 5:9
For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Luke 21:36

“Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.”
Just believe God's Word on the catching up (rapture)??

16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain """shall be caught up together""" with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words1 Corinthians 15:51- 57
Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of {no the} great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

There is no "the" there. Suppose you can find that in many of the new books that have been written that follow false teachings but you wont find "the" in the bible.
Revelation 7:9-14 is about all the faithful Christian people, who have just experienced the Sixth Seal worldwide disaster.
They stood firm in their faith and trusted the Lord for His protection during that terrifying Day. A literal 24 hour day.
My Revised English Bible renders verse 14 as ...great ordeal....
What is most unfortunate is, how all those good Christians who have been taught the false theory of a 'rapture to heaven', before this sudden and shocking Day of the Lord's fiery wrath, may not be able to keep to their faith.

The Great Tribulation of the 7 Trumpets and the 7 Bowls, will take place during the final 42 months before Jesus Returns.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is most unfortunate is, how all those good Christians who have been taught the false theory of a 'rapture to heaven', before this sudden and shocking Day of the Lord's fiery wrath, may not be able to keep to their faith. ...

... analogous to Peter in the Courtyard when his fear caused him to deny Jesus three times. And when Christians are threatened with not being able to provide for their families, will they also succumb to their fears?

Certainly the church isn't building up the strength and endurance of their members. When Jesus walked into the Synagogue HE was handed the Book of Isaiah. But how many of us have been invited up to the pulpit to preach, -- or is it the same individual week after week, after week, after week, after week, after ... well you get the idea.

So one would be well advised to heed Jesus' last instructions before the Garden of Gethsemane as found in Lke 22:

Lke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

Or will you be unprepared, unable to sustain your family's needs, and thus coerced into accepting the Mark of the Beast?!?
Bobby Jo

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I am not remotely interested in what KJV cultists believe. Checking some 50 translations, they all say The Great Tribulation.

Enjoy the delusion of your chosen deception.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In English, there are a great many delusions - and God gives those who believe them over to believe them. Many are evident and posted quite frequently, daily, every day.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It does not even have to be following false teachings -
it may (often or not I don't know) be 'simply'. that in English so many people 'think' the way they understand it in English/ western thought/ is correct, and it is often taught the way they think in English and western thought,
even if it is entirely wrong - it is believed by multitudes (the wrong ideas are believed so often/ most often) ...