WHY ARE MANY OF US STILL HERE?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
An interesting thing to quote.

Are you giving tithes to Levites? Or have you annulled that law? Do you teach others to give tithes to Levites?

Much love!
Mark
ya, already read that one, ty and best of luck ok
I could Quote it from a diff angle, but then you get all selective, see
gotta run for today

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is hard to follow. So I'll provide the biblical teaching. The Ten Commandments and circumcision were the Old Covenant. Jeremiah said the New Covenant replaced the Old. = no more physical Jews or Israel. Paul says God removed the unbelievers whom he will graft back in through faith in Christ. This makes Jesus and believers Israel to whom believers are grafted back into. Why would God graft them back into unbelieving "Israel"?

That is Replacement Theology and I will NEVER accept it. You are wasting electrons. The Tree of Life will be in the eternal state--when there is only one people of God. Until that time, there will always be an Israel and always be the Church of Christ as two distinct groups of His followers.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ya, already read that one, ty and best of luck ok
I could Quote it from a diff angle, but then you get all selective, see
gotta run for today

So you don't want to deal with this question. I can't blame you.

Because the fact of the matter is, no matter how many people think they are supposed to keep the Law the God gave to Israel, including the 10 commandments, well, it's actually impossible in the current age.

Without a temple, an altar, the priesthood, the Levites, the land allotments, the Law cannot be kept. It simply does not apply.

Much love!
Mark

D

Dave L

That is Replacement Theology and I will NEVER accept it. You are wasting electrons. The Tree of Life will be in the eternal state--when there is only one people of God. Until that time, there will always be an Israel and always be the Church of Christ as two distinct groups of His followers.
You are replacing biblical Israel with those who hate Jesus and the church more than anyone else.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Huh? I never thought that it was anything but spiritual.
Um, imo ppl who say "I'm not long for this world" obv mean to infer their literal removal to somewhere else, which is usually made the more obvious by the context, or for that matter even saying it rather than just doing it, leaving it iow, what a spiritual person would just do

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Ten Commandments and circumcision were the Old Covenant. Jeremiah said the New Covenant replaced the Old. = no more physical Jews or Israel.

How is it that replacing one covenat with another means that the people no longer exist?

D

Dave L

How is it that replacing one covenat with another means that the people no longer exist?
Circumcision made one a physical Jew and member of Israel. No circumcision = no physical Israel.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

Because the fact of the matter is, no matter how many people think they are supposed to keep the Law the God gave to Israel, including the 10 commandments, well, it's actually impossible in the current age.

Without a temple, an altar, the priesthood, the Levites, the land allotments, the Law cannot be kept. It simply does not apply.

Much love!
Mark
ancient Israeli Civil Code does not, but that is not Decalogue, from which our own Civil Code derives, which you obv must also keep imo, unless you can justify breaking it, which our laws now allow for

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
Mark
Think for a minute we are the collective temple composed of kings a priests, we inherit the earth etc etc its all spiritual.

Reactions: Dave L

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are replacing biblical Israel with those who hate Jesus and the church more than anyone else.

There are many Jewish-Christians who have as fervent a love for Jesus and His Church as I have ever seen. Why would you turn your back on them? Lutherans in Germany largely turned their backs on them during WWII. Of the estimated 250,000 Jewish followers of Jesus prior to WWII, only a handful remained after the Holocaust. They were able to make aliyah to Israel after the war and today, there are over 250,000 of them in Israel--they have even been promised political representation in the Knesset. They are growing rapidly. Yahweh is doing a mighty work among His people in Israel today.

D

Dave L

There are many Jewish-Christians who have as fervent a love for Jesus and His Church as I have ever seen. Why would you turn your back on them? Lutherans in Germany largely turned their backs on them during WWII. Of the estimated 250,000 Jewish followers of Jesus prior to WWII, only a handful remained after the Holocaust. They were able to make aliyah to Israel after the war and today, there are over 250,000 of them in Israel--they have even been promised political representation in the Knesset. They are growing rapidly. Yahweh is doing a mighty work among His people in Israel today.
Jews = religion not race. God made us all of one blood.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It was the sign of the covenant God made with Abraham and continued with Moses. When Christ abolished it, only believers were left as Israel. Unbelievers broken off.

The prior Covenants have NOT been nullified. They were put aside temporarily in order for God to make for Himself a people from among the Gentiles. See Romans 11:25-26.

Last edited: