WHY ARE MANY OF US STILL HERE?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jews = religion not race. God made us all of one blood.

Abraham's spiritual seed is the Church. His physical seed is Israel. They have been promised a physical Kingdom. God fulfills His promises even though humans do not.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jews = religion not race.
The Jews, or more specifically those from the 12 tribes of Israel, are a Semitic *race* (ethnic group) descended from Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob/Israel. Their nation was called Israel because of their ancestor Jacob/Israel. They were all Hebrews descended from Eber. There is no getting around this FACT.

Their religion was that which was under the Old Covenant (the Law of Moses), which included the tabernacle and the temple. Israel was meant to be a theocracy, but because they wanted a human king, they got him (Saul), and subsequently Israel split into the Northern Kingdom (kingdom of Israel) and the Souther Kingdom (the kingdom of Judah). Jesus of Nazareth was the King-Messiah of Israel, a Hebrew of the Hebrews
God made us all of one blood.
This simply means that there is only ONE HUMAN RACE, with many ethnic groups called *races* (rightly or wrongly). Which also means that racism is evil, because God views all of humanity as simply two groups -- the saved and the lost. During the Church age, the Jews are not being treated by God as a separate entity, but Anti-Semitism is also evil.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jeremiah says the New Covenant replaced the Old. You deny Christ saying we are still under it, animal sacrifices and all.

I didn't say WE were still under the older Covenants. As Gentiles, we are under the New Covenant.

D

Dave L

The Jews, or more specifically those from the 12 tribes of Israel, are a Semitic *race* (ethnic group) descended from Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob/Israel. Their nation was called Israel because of their ancestor Jacob/Israel. They were all Hebrews descended from Eber. There is no getting around this FACT.

Their religion was that which was under the Old Covenant (the Law of Moses), which included the tabernacle and the temple. Israel was meant to be a theocracy, but because they wanted a human king, they got him (Saul), and subsequently Israel split into the Northern Kingdom (kingdom of Israel) and the Souther Kingdom (the kingdom of Judah). Jesus of Nazareth was the King-Messiah of Israel, a Hebrew of the Hebrews

This simply means that there is only ONE HUMAN RACE, with many ethnic groups called *races* (rightly or wrongly). Which also means that racism is evil, because God views all of humanity as simply two groups -- the saved and the lost. During the Church age, the Jews are not being treated by God as a separate entity, but Anti-Semitism is also evil.
But blood relatives became excommunicated gentiles if not circumcised.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But Christ removed it as the means of becoming a physical Jew or member of Israel.
No physical seed since Christ abolished circumcision.

Dave this may be true for gentiles coming to Christ but for a direct descendant of Abraham circumcision is a covenantal requirement for them.

Genesis 17:9-14: - 9 And God said to Abraham: "As for you, you shall keep My covenant, you and your descendants after you throughout their generations/the ages. 10 This is My covenant which you shall keep, between Me and you and your descendants after you: Every male child among you shall be circumcised; 11 and you shall be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskins, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between Me and you. 12 He who is eight days old among you shall be circumcised, every male child in your generations/in the ages, he who is born in your house or bought with money from any foreigner who is not your descendant. 13 He who is born in your house and he who is bought with your money must be circumcised, and My covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant. 14 And the uncircumcised male child, who is not circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin, that person shall be cut off from his people; he has broken My covenant."​

Dave I do not see a sunset clause in this covenantal requirement.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk