Why didn’t any of the gospels or epistles ever mention the 1000 years?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because you don't accept a future reign on earth with Christ. Jesus did not have to spell out every single detail of the next 3,000 years. He did not even have to say it would be 2,000 years until the Second Coming. Most of you think the Millennium reign is just as carnal as Christopher Columbus, or WWs, so why not list them.
This is your reasoning for saying something ridiculous and pointless? Okay.

You may think it ridiculous to think at all.
Another ridiculous statement from you. Of course I don't think that. All you are able to do is say ludicrous things. Why are you here when you are completely incapable of making a coherent argument and all you can do is play the class clown and chime in with nonsense? I don't get it.

Since you seem set in your ways and "having arrived". Some of us are still thinking out loud and reasoning out the Word of God.
You think you're reasoning out the Word of God by saying things like "Why did they never mention the Pilgrims arriving in the America's? Why did they not mention Christopher Columbus? Why not state 2 WWs in the 1900's?". Really? I don't think so.

So if you think reasoning out the Word of God is just nonsense, it must be torture coming on these furums.
I don't have a problem with that, but that isn't what you're doing, though.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When did I say that time period is of no interest to me?

So, you agree that Jesus reigns now. Doesn't that tell you anything about the timing of Revelation 20? It should.

Does He not have authority over those who are not in the Church? Of course He does. I quoted Matthew 28:18 where He said He was given all power/authority over heaven and earth and you indicated that you don't deny that.

You are trying to interpret scripture with flawed human logic. Do you actually think He is not the King of kings and Lord of lords of the earth now? Of course He is! He said Himself that all power/authority in heaven and earth was given to Him. And Paul wrote that the Father raised Him from the dead and placed Him at His right hand "far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked...in this age" and "placed all things under His feet". All things includes the kings and lords of the earth. In other translations like the NIV, the word is translated as "ruler" instead of "prince" and I think that is a better translation. Obviously, the fact that the KJV translates it as "prince" has caused confusion for you. He is the King of kings and Lord of lords NOW.

Amen how can Christians not see this?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When did I say that time period is of no interest to me?

So, you agree that Jesus reigns now. Doesn't that tell you anything about the timing of Revelation 20? It should.

A KING reigns over those that submit to Him.
Jesus “reigning now”? Carte’ Blanch? No.
Jesus “reigns” IN and over those who are submitted to Him.
Jesus’ Earthly Kingdom is already ESTABLISHED, but NOT YET occupied.

Does He not have authority over those who are not in the Church? Of course He does.

Authority over those outside of His Church?
Of course.
HOW is He exercising HIS AUTHORITY?
* Scripture REVEALS; DIVIDING, those with Him, from those without Him.
IS HE Currently EXERCISING HIS AUTHORITY of carte’ blanch SEPARATING ALL the BODYS of the DIVIDED? No.

The BODY separating IS FUTURE.

You are trying to interpret scripture with flawed human logic.

No, that would be your flawed human logical opinion.

Do you actually think He is not the King of kings and Lord of lords of the earth now? Of course He is! He said Himself that all power/authority in heaven and earth was given to Him.

Again, you confuse the Lord HAVING ALL POWER....with the Lord EXERCISING His ALL POWER.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen how can Christians not see this?
I honestly don't know. It seems that doctrinal bias blinds many people to things even as obvious as this. I mean, could Jesus have been any more clear and straightforward when He said He was given all power/authority in heaven and earth? There is no one and nothing that He doesn't currently have authority over. That is what scripture clearly teaches. Premils have the mistaken notion that He can't be reigning unless everyone in the world is doing everything He says. But, that's not how it works.

Reactions: Marty fox

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A KING reigns over those that submit to Him.
Jesus “reigning now”? Carte’ Blanch? No.
Jesus “reigns” IN and over those who are submitted to Him.
Jesus’ Earthly Kingdom is already ESTABLISHED, but NOT YET occupied.
You have a flawed understanding of what it means to be a king. Think of any earthly king. Did that king reign only over those who submitted to him or did he reign over everyone in his kingdom whether they liked it or not? Clearly, he reigns over everyone. Whether everyone likes it or not is not the determining factor of whether or not a king is a king and is reigning.

Authority over those outside of His Church?
Of course.
HOW is He exercising HIS AUTHORITY?
* Scripture REVEALS; DIVIDING, those with Him, from those without Him.
IS HE Currently EXERCISING HIS AUTHORITY of carte’ blanch SEPARATING ALL the BODYS of the DIVIDED? No.

The BODY separating IS FUTURE.
That doesn't mean He isn't the King now. He said Himself that He has all authority in heaven and in earth. That means He reigns over everyone and everything in heaven and in earth. Just as Paul indicated in Ephesians 1:19-23 as well.

No, that would be your flawed human logical opinion.
Great argument. That you backed up with...nothing.

Again, you confuse the Lord HAVING ALL POWER....with the Lord EXERCISING His ALL POWER.
You confuse Him having to always be exercising His power in order to be reigning as King. That is not the case.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is your reasoning for saying something ridiculous and pointless? Okay.

Another ridiculous statement from you. Of course I don't think that. All you are able to do is say ludicrous things. Why are you here when you are completely incapable of making a coherent argument and all you can do is play the class clown and chime in with nonsense? I don't get it.

You think you're reasoning out the Word of God by saying things like "Why did they never mention the Pilgrims arriving in the America's? Why did they not mention Christopher Columbus? Why not state 2 WWs in the 1900's?". Really? I don't think so.

I don't have a problem with that, but that isn't what you're doing, though.
The Pilgrims were persecuted Christians.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have a flawed understanding of what it means to be a king. Think of any earthly king. Did that king reign only over those who submitted to him or did he reign over everyone in his kingdom whether they liked it or not? Clearly, he reigns over everyone. Whether everyone likes it or not is not the determining factor of whether or not a king is a king and is reigning.

A king reigns over his kingdom. If you renounce your citizenship and leave, does he still reign over you?

That doesn't mean He isn't the King now. He said Himself that He has all authority in heaven and in earth. That means He reigns over everyone and everything in heaven and in earth. Just as Paul indicated in Ephesians 1:19-23 as well.

Great argument. That you backed up with...nothing.

Caution you don’t dislocate your shoulder back-patting yourself.

You confuse Him having to always be exercising His power in order to be reigning as King. That is not the case.

No I am not confused. The Lord God has from the beginning, continues to this day Exercising His Authority of Division. Clearly stated The Lord God shall Exercise His Authority of Separation of Body’s in the FUTURE.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A king reigns over his kingdom. If you renounce your citizenship and leave, does he still reign over you?
Jesus said that He reigns over all of heaven and earth (Matt 28:18). How can anyone leave earth? There's nowhere anyone can go on earth that Jesus doesn't have authority over.

Caution you don’t dislocate your shoulder back-patting yourself.
Okay, I'll be careful. Thanks for the warning.

No I am not confused. The Lord God has from the beginning, continues to this day Exercising His Authority of Division. Clearly stated The Lord God shall Exercise His Authority of Separation of Body’s in the FUTURE.
But, that does not mean He isn't reigning now. It just means that He is not yet sentencing people to their eternal destinations (which will either be the new heavens and new earth or the lake of fire).

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said that He reigns over all of heaven and earth (Matt 28:18). How can anyone leave earth? There's nowhere anyone can go on earth that Jesus doesn't have authority over.

Okay, I'll be careful. Thanks for the warning.

But, that does not mean He isn't reigning now. It just means that He is not yet sentencing people to their eternal destinations (which will either be the new heavens and new earth or the lake of fire).

Jesus has Authority over heaven and earth.
Jesus has Authority to Divide People...
This person WITH Him...That person WITHOUT Him.
Jesus has Authority to Separate The Divided.
Jesus has Authority to Forgive whom He Will.
Jesus has Authority to Save whom He Will.
Jesus has Authority to Quicken whom He Will.

No all are under His RULE.
Consequences Differ, between those under His Rule and those not infer His Rule.
He is not A Lord God to ALL.
There is no Force of a Relationship.
Men have Freewill that God BE their God, or No.

Reactions: ewq1938

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus has Authority over heaven and earth.
Jesus has Authority to Divide People...
This person WITH Him...That person WITHOUT Him.
Jesus has Authority to Separate The Divided.
Jesus has Authority to Forgive whom He Will.
Jesus has Authority to Save whom He Will.
Jesus has Authority to Quicken whom He Will.

No all are under His RULE.
Consequences Differ, between those under His Rule and those not infer His Rule.
He is not A Lord God to ALL.
There is no Force of a Relationship.
Men have Freewill that God BE their God, or No.
For Him to be reigning, it's not a requirement for everyone to be obeying Him. That's what you're not getting. Name one king in all of history who wasn't reigning just because not everyone he reigned over obeyed him.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The topic of this thread is Matthew 24:4-14 from the Olivet Discourse? Are you sure about that?
The OP asked why 1,000 was not included as specific details in the Gospels. Last I checked Matthew 24 is a Gospel. Amils indefinite time keeping is not found in the Gospels either.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For Him to be reigning, it's not a requirement for everyone to be obeying Him. That's what you're not getting. Name one king in all of history who wasn't reigning just because not everyone he reigned over obeyed him.

John 18:
[36] Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Already addressed. Jesus has Power and Authority over heaven and earth.
His kingdom ON Earth is FUTURE.

Reactions: ewq1938

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For Him to be reigning, it's not a requirement for everyone to be obeying Him.

Then that is a broken and failed rule.

In the true Millennium, Jesus actually rules for real and everyone obeys Him!

The Amillennial version of the millennium is false and fake.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Actually, the 1,000 years is indicated in the Gospels, like in Matthew 24, where a season is the same as a 1,000 year period. Where a generation was mentioned and had the context of a complete age which was equivalent to a Dan 7:12 time frame of a "season and a little while," but because the scholars in the past could not get their heads around the length of an age being just over 1,000 years in duration, the meaning that was adopted was a period of time that was associated with a "descendant generation," namely a period of 70 - 80 - 90 - 100 years depending on our reference for the length in years of a particular descendent generation.

Because the context of the passage has been changed, our understanding is focusing on the misunderstanding that has been introduced and as such we are lost in our delusions.

Shalom

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 18:
[36] Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Already addressed. Jesus has Power and Authority over heaven and earth.
His kingdom ON Earth is FUTURE.
He will deliver His kingdom that is not of this world to the Father in the future when He returns.

1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him. 24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power.

At that point, which will happen at the seventh and last trumpet, it will then be said "The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Messiah, and he will reign for ever and ever.” (Revelation 11:15).

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then that is a broken and failed rule.

In the true Millennium, Jesus actually rules for real and everyone obeys Him!

The Amillennial version of the millennium is false and fake.
So, you're saying that He can't be reigning unless everyone is obeying Him? Is that your understanding of how kingdoms work? Give me an example of any king who has ever lived where everyone obeyed him and where he wouldn't have been a king otherwise.