Why didn’t any of the gospels or epistles ever mention the 1000 years?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In 2 Corinthians 12 Paul talks about being taken up to heaven and shown many future things. We read about many of these events in his epistles like the rapture or the man of lawlessness but why didn’t Paul ever mention a literal thousand year reign of Christ on the earth?

The early church seamed to know all that they needed to know about the future or end time events before the book of revelation was written from the gospels or John’s and Paul’s and all of the other epistles but none of them ever mentioned the literal thousand year have you wondered why?

Reactions: ScottA and GEN2REV

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In 2 Corinthians 12 Paul talks about being taken up to heaven and shown many future things. We read about many of these events in his epistles like the rapture or the man of lawlessness but why didn’t Paul ever mention a literal thousand year reign of Christ on the earth?

The early church seamed to know all that they needed to know about the future or end time events before the book of revelation was written from the gospels or John’s and Paul’s and all of the other epistles but none of them ever mentioned the literal thousand year have you wondered why?
Why did they never mention the Pilgrims arriving in the America's? Why did they not mention Christopher Columbus? Why not state 2 WWs in the 1900's?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point being that would be a huge thing to leave out
Why? You all cannot even accept a boring 1,000 years without any excitement after the Second Coming. Why all the drama of the last 1992 years, which would have taken up volumes to cover.

It seems like God did not want the early church to know that there would be 2,000 years of misery to go through, after just going through 1400 years of a lack luster time as a struggling nation. They were very much aware of their long past history. How hopeful would they be if they knew the church would have to endure an even longer go of tribulation and persecution? Even from the hands of a so called "church". A governing body that was worse than their sordid list of kings.

savedbygrace1

Jun 1, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

Because it was not important to mention in the grand scheme of things. Preaching the gospel and getting people saved was. And salvation was not dependant on understanding the 1000 years

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Symbolic 1000 years indeed. It was meant to convey a multi-generational gap of time and for the reader to get on with their lives and serve God and help the Father and his Son grow the family business of bringing people into the Kingdom. A time of the new age that began with Christ's Ascension and crowned as King of his Father's Kingdom. When this age is done then comes the new heavens and the new earth.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Because it was not important to mention in the grand scheme of things. Preaching the gospel and getting people saved was. And salvation was not dependant on understanding the 1000 years

Yes of course preaching the gospel is the important thing but they did mention many other events besides preaching the gospel

Reactions: GEN2REV

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
i dont know, but i suggest that questions/observations like that are great bc they usually lead to some better understanding. You have found an apparent inconsistency that resolving—if that is possible—might lead to other insights too. I suggest that the 1000 years might well have been elsewhere NT, only going by another name so to speak, which might serve as a kind of definition of sorts.

i hesitate to just state my resolution there as it may not serve you, but we have a record of OT saints who lived very close to 1k years, right? Which i think figures into the truth there

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i dont know, but i suggest that questions/observations like that are great bc they usually lead to some better understanding. You have found an apparent inconsistency that resolving—if that is possible—might lead to other insights too. I suggest that the 1000 years might well have been elsewhere NT, only going by another name so to speak, which might serve as a kind of definition of sorts.

i hesitate to just state my resolution there as it may not serve you, but we have a record of OT saints who lived very close to 1k years, right? Which i think figures into the truth there

I believe that the thousand years is the church age.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Great Title!

Yes, and why didn't Jesus teach it plainly?

It would be a pretty important topic.

He talked more about hell than heaven, but nary a word of this 1,000 year reign of His.

What a mystery!

Reactions: Marty fox

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Great Title!

He talked more about hell than heaven, but nary a word of this 1,000 year reign of His.

What a mystery!

Yes Jesus didn’t teach it while on earth either

Reactions: GEN2REV

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great Title!

What a mystery!
It's not a mystery. Jesus couldn't have told anybody about it if the Father didn't want Him to. As Jesus repeatedly stated in John, He only spoke what the Father commanded Him to speak. If Jesus spoke about it during His earthly ministry, nobody would've understood what He was talking about anyway.

As it stands, most professing Christians don't even understand what it truly means to be born again, the fact that Jesus stated that no one is going to Heaven, or that Jesus didn't come to oppose the OT writings, even though He spoke plainly about those things. Do you think they'd understand a doctrine about the Millennium if there were a recorded sermon from Him about it?
And the church age is the kingdom age as shown in Matthew 16:18-19.
You're completely wrong. If the Church was the Kingdom, Acts wouldn't consistently show an evangelist or apostle preaching the gospel of the Kingdom. Furthermore, Jesus wouldn't have prophesied that this gospel would be taught around the world before the end came.

The Dan. 2 vision of the statute conclusively shows Daniel explaining that the Kingdom of God will arrive in the time of the 10 toes, and will obliterate all human governments on this earth. Considering the obvious fact that human governments still exist, that eliminates any possibility of the Church being the Kingdom. The Church is the Kingdom of God in embryo.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not a mystery. Jesus couldn't have told anybody about it if the Father didn't want Him to. As Jesus repeatedly stated in John, He only spoke what the Father commanded Him to speak. If Jesus spoke about it during His earthly ministry, nobody would've understood what He was talking about anyway.

As it stands, most professing Christians don't even understand what it truly means to be born again, the fact that Jesus stated that no one is going to Heaven, or that Jesus didn't come to oppose the OT writings, even though He spoke plainly about those things. Do you think they'd understand a doctrine about the Millennium if there were a recorded sermon from Him about it?You're completely wrong. If the Church was the Kingdom, Acts wouldn't consistently show an evangelist or apostle preaching the gospel of the Kingdom. Furthermore, Jesus wouldn't have prophesied that this gospel would be taught around the world before the end came.

The Dan. 2 vision of the statute conclusively shows Daniel explaining that the Kingdom of God will arrive in the time of the 10 toes, and will obliterate all human governments on this earth. Considering the obvious fact that human governments still exist, that eliminates any possibility of the Church being the Kingdom.
I knew you would eventually reveal the crack in your armor.

You support most of the Biblical doctrines, but none of your group can speak out against all of the Modern Mainstream Party Line.

You are obligated to support one or all of:
OSAS
Pre-Mil
Pre-Trib Rap.
Sunday Sabbath
etc.

So, .... the line you aren't allowed to cross is Pre-Mil.

Now I know. And that's why you refused to respond to my PM to you about Unbelievers not being resurrected.

Because it is a threat to Pre-Mil doctrine.

If you were just a sovereign individual here, you would've at least said something.

Huh. The Truth always comes out eventually.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No bigger than leaving out the making of the image of the beast and making it come alive and talk, the mark of the beast, the false prophet, the seven seals, seven trumps and seven vials, ascension of the two prophets, the 42 months of the beast, the war in heaven, 600 and 60 and 6 (666), the sealing of the 144k, the bloody winepress, Armageddon, the harlot Babylon, new Jerusalem coming from heaven, a new fruit every month from the tree of life in the eternity etc.

Revelation contains information no other part of the bible does.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that the thousand years is the church age.
And who was resurrected in 30AD and still alive and reigning in Jerusalem today?

You have to totally change the context, the text, and make it say something totally foreign to what is actually written.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great Title!

What a mystery!
No one would actually benefit or live out those thousand years until 2,000 years after Jesus was on earth. The church age is not the 1,000 year reign of Christ. That is why it was not mentioned in the Gospels. Jesus was making disciples for the church age, not a 1,000 year reign where He would physically be present, that would not happen for at least another 1992 years.