Why do so many Christains treat unbelievers as the enemy of God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speaking for myself and myself only, I take that as a compliment.

Ephesians 5
11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.
12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret.

If ever there was a passage...o
Yup - if there ever was a passage that I should have read before engaging in pointless discussion with you . . .

Prov. 26:4
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
just like anyone in Christ, cool. Look, pray to Mary for all i care, ok--that is no one's business but yours.
Jesus hadn't been born yet so nobody before Mary was "in Christ" yet.
BIG difference . . .

Mary was Kechritomene BEFORE anybody was even in Heaven.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your ignorance of Greek is astounding - given the fact that you're trying to pass yourself off as a Greek scholar.
The etymology of the word "Bishop" does NOT have its roots in the word "sunergos" - but with "Episkopos". Sunergos simply means a co-worker or co-cooperator.

In Acts 1:20, when the Apostles are voting on who will replace Judas, they harken back to the OT with the following phrase:
"May another take his office."

The Greek word that is used here for "office" is "Episkopos" or "Bishopric".
In 1 Tim. 3, where Paul is describing the qualifications for "overseer", the Greek word used here is - you guessed it - "Episkopos".

I am a co-oworker (sunergos) with my wife - but that doesn't make EITHER one of us "Bishops", Einstein.
LOL, Your ignorance of Greek is super astounding, lol, look DD, the Greek word for "HELPERS" in verse 3 is the Greek word, G4904 συνεργός sunergos (sïn-er-ğos') adj. which means,
a co-laborer, i.e. coadjutor. I ASKED WHAT DO "COADJUTOR MEANS? ... KNOCK KNOCK DID YOU GET THAT. answer, coadjutor means, a bishop who assists another bishop, with the right of succession. I'LL GET TO THE DEFINITION OF "BISHOP" LATER. BUT DO YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN NOW. a coadjutor is a bishop who assists another bishop, with the right of succession.

if you can't understand this, then you're dummer that I thought. now do you know now?.

it makes no different if you agree or not, because the truth stands always...... (smile)... LOL.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup - if there ever was a passage that I should have read before engaging in pointless discussion with you . . .
Prov. 26:4
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him.
No doubt you will ignore this passage as you do the rest of the scriptures. But then again, you could always prove me wrong.
l

Reactions: Helen

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL, Your ignorance of Greek is super astounding, lol, look DD, the Greek word for "HELPERS" in verse 3 is the Greek word, G4904 συνεργός sunergos (sïn-er-ğos') adj. which means,
a co-laborer, i.e. coadjutor. I ASKED WHAT DO "COADJUTOR MEANS? ... KNOCK KNOCK DID YOU GET THAT. answer, coadjutor means, a bishop who assists another bishop, with the right of succession. I'LL GET TO THE DEFINITION OF "BISHOP" LATER. BUT DO YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN NOW. a coadjutor is a bishop who assists another bishop, with the right of succession.

if you can't understand this, then you're dummer that I thought. now do you know now?.

it makes no different if you agree or not, because the truth stands always...... (smile)... LOL.
Uh-huh - and what is the etymology of the word "Bishop", Enstein??
It is exactly what I said it was:
Bishop (n.)
Old English bisceop "bishop, high priest (Jewish or pagan)," from Late Latin episcopus, from Greek episkopos "watcher, (spiritual) overseer," a title for various government officials, later taken over in a Church sense, from epi- "over" (see epi-) + skopos "one that watches, one that looks after; a guardian, protector" (from PIE root *spek- "to observe").
Late Latin episcopus in Spanish became obispo, in Italian vescovo, in Welsh esgob. The Germanic forms include Old Saxon biscop, Old High German biscof. Further afield it became Lithuanian viskupas, Albanian upeshk, Finnish piispa.

NOWHERE do we see the words "sunergos" or "co-worker" or "cooperator" or "coajutor".
"Sunergos" is where we get the word "Synergy" or "working together" or "cooperating".

Look - you LOST this part of the debate - so just admit it and move on . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No doubt you will ignore this passage as you do the rest of the scriptures. But then again, you could always prove me wrong.l
As long as I dialog with YOU- I AM ignoring this passage . . .

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sunergos is a Greek word meaning “working together,” but it don't tell how one is working together.
but, G4904 συνεργός sunergos (sïn-er-ğos') adj. do tells us how. listen
a co-laborer, i.e. coadjutor.
coadjutor, dictionary.com 1. an assistant. 2.an assistant to a bishop or other ecclesiastic.
3. a bishop who assists another bishop, with the right of succession.
I suggest people look up words for themselves.

breadoflife you're getting like skyangel you lie a lot. and don't give the whole definition of words. I might have to start to calling you the bread-of-lies.

Reactions: Helen and Job

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this denies the Spirit imo, which was not born that day ok. This is an extremely literal understanding, which even suggests that salvation was unavailable OT, and intimates that God has somehow changed. It is the understanding of a child wadr.
Sooooo - you DON'T believe that Jesus's death and Resurrection opened the gates of Heaven??
You actually believe that there were people in Heaven PRIOR to this event - even though Jesus Himself said there weren't (John 3:13)??

Care to explain that??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sunergos is a Greek word meaning “working together,” but it don't tell how one is working together.
but, G4904 συνεργός sunergos (sïn-er-ğos') adj. do tells us how. listen
a co-laborer, i.e. coadjutor.
coadjutor, dictionary.com 1. an assistant. 2.an assistant to a bishop or other ecclesiastic.
3. a bishop who assists another bishop, with the right of succession.
I suggest people look up words for themselves.

breadoflife you're getting like skyangel you lie a lot. and don't give the whole definition of words. I might have to start to calling you the bread-of-lies.
Okay - I'll make is easy for you:
Show me the etymology of the word "Bishop."
Next - show me the etymology of te word "Cooperate" or "Synergy".

You just angry because I gave you a linguistic spanking.
Just admit that you were wrong and move on . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You want to be just like me. That's good. Maybe there is light at the end of this tunnel.
WOW.
Apparently, you have a reading comprehension problem.
I suggest you go back and read my post again . . .

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Sooooo - you DON'T believe that Jesus's death and Resurrection opened the gates of Heaven??
You actually believe that there were people in Heaven PRIOR to this event - even though Jesus Himself said there weren't (John 3:13)??

Care to explain that??
heaven is a place to you, that you might attain--after you physically die, of course--if you believe the right things, pick the right religion, and observe the right rituals. So we are just too far apart @ "people in heaven" for me to even give a meaningful reply there, sorry.

i believe "on earth, as it is in heaven," and i worship a Risen Christ, and (from my perspective) do not dwell on what to me are the foundational things, "laying them over and over." Hebrews? i think

so, John 3:13 is meaningful to me in a different way also, but it is tied in with an understanding of heaven as a spiritual state and not a place.

Christ's sacrifice opened the gates of heaven, sure--so heaven could come here, to our domain, where we are meant to be, and so that we might all have "Life, more abundantly," which when i read that, even with my mind as open as i can possibly make it, even on mushrooms, i just cannot envision meaning "after i am dead."

Mostly because after i am dead seems like the perfect time to realize that i have been robbed "like a thief in the night."

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
now that we know that our sister Priscilla is a "BISHOP" what about our sister Phebe. she is describe as a "succourer" by the apostle Paul. now what do succourer here means. it's the Greek word,
G4368 προστάτις prostatis (pro-sta'-tis) n. a patroness, i.e. assistant.
feminine of a derivative of G4291
KJV: succourer Root(s): G4291
there's that word "assistant" again. but what's most important is that this word succourer here is the feminine of a derivative of G4291 so what is G4291?. let's see,
G4291, προΐστημι proistemi (pro-iy'-stee-miy) v.
1.to stand before.
2.(in rank) to preside.
3.(by implication) to practise.
[from G4253 and G2476]
KJV: maintain, be over, rule

Notice definition #2. she is the female counterpart of the male in the SAME POSITION. and the KJV can translate this word as "be over" "rule"....... (smile).

a patroness. it means a female guardian, protector, patroness, when used as a NOUN. What is a Guardian: defender, overseer, shepherd, superintendent, supervisor. also a patroness is a female sponsor, elder.

Now hold this post because we will see these same title later in bishop... smile

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Mostly because after i am dead seems like the perfect time to realize that i have been robbed "like a thief in the night."
now i guess this makes a lot of believers uncomfortable, and i get asked questions like "but what about after you die" etc...like i know.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word succourer is the feminine of a derivative of G4291. other word it just like saying a prophet, (a male prophet), prophetess (a female prophet). prophetess is the feminine of a derivative of the prophet. man o man how simple it is.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our Sister Phebe, the Greek word here that describe her succourer, G4368 προστάτις prostatis (pro-sta'-tis) n. is found no where else in the bible. and she was given letter to Rome to introduce herself to the saint there. she was to take over the overseer position there, yes the the superintendent role. Rome first BISHOP. and we have the REAL fathers letters..... the Letter to the Romans. Romans 1:7 "To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ".
ain't God GOOD, the Lord Jesus God almighty. the apostle, by the Lord Jesus, appoints a woman to the first BISHOP position at the church at Rome.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WOW.
Apparently, you have a reading comprehension problem.
I suggest you go back and read my post again . . .

I can see you don't understand the meaning of the verse you posted.

I'm not surprised.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
now that we know that our sister Priscilla is a "BISHOP" what about our sister Phebe. she is describe as a "succourer" by the apostle Paul. now what do succourer here means. it's the Greek word,
G4368 προστάτις prostatis (pro-sta'-tis) n. a patroness, i.e. assistant.
feminine of a derivative of G4291
KJV: succourer Root(s): G4291
there's that word "assistant" again. but what's most important is that this word succourer here is the feminine of a derivative of G4291 so what is G4291?. let's see,
G4291, προΐστημι proistemi (pro-iy'-stee-miy) v.
1.to stand before.
2.(in rank) to preside.
3.(by implication) to practise.
[from G4253 and G2476]
KJV: maintain, be over, rule

Notice definition #2. she is the female counterpart of the male in the SAME POSITION. and the KJV can translate this word as "be over" "rule"....... (smile).

a patroness. it means a female guardian, protector, patroness, when used as a NOUN. What is a Guardian: defender, overseer, shepherd, superintendent, supervisor. also a patroness is a female sponsor, elder.

Now hold this post because we will see these same title later in bishop... smile
Sorry pal - but you're grasping at straws.
Neither Priscilla nor Pheobe were "Bishops".

First of all - I obliterated this argument by showing you the etymology of the word "Bishop" - and it goes back to the Greek word Epskipos.
I also gave you a Scriptural spanking by showing you the description of the qualifications for a Bishop in 1 Timothy 3. They refer to a MAN - not a woman.

Again - you need to admit that you're wrong and move on.

PS - You STILL haven't shown me an etymology of the word "Bishop" that goes back to "Sunergos" . . .