Why do so many Christains treat unbelievers as the enemy of God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this is an asinine statement?
Yes - because you are implying that Catholics don't believe this.
Do your homework . . .
by characterizing anyone who is not Catholic as hopelessly ignorant, yes; apparently elevated to doctrine. Have a nice day.
No - it's rooted in Scripture - as I already showed you.
STUDY your Bible . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read the book of Romans chapter 16

and 2 Mary is just another ordinary woman
Really??
How many "ordinary" women do YOU know of that were called "Kecharitomene" (Luke 1:28).
How many "ordinary" women do YOU know of that gave birth to God??

Do you even understand what "Kecharitomene" means??
I didn't think so . . .

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Better yet...this subjectmtitle of this thread should read.. " Why do Christians treat Anyone as the enemy..other than Satan and his evil demons" ?????

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
by implication, there is some different treatment that those are like "allowed" to be subjected to; when i cannot find this exception in Scripture wadr. After all, how are we called to "treat" enemies?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Yes - because you are implying that Catholics don't believe this.
Do your homework . . .

No - it's rooted in Scripture - as I already showed you.
STUDY your Bible . . .
goodbye, BreadofDeath.

when you are comfortable being perceived as ignorant too, let me know, and maybe we can talk then ok.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really??
How many "ordinary" women do YOU know of that were called "Kecharitomene" (Luke 1:28).
How many "ordinary" women do YOU know of that gave birth to God??

Do you even understand what "Kecharitomene" means??
I didn't think so . . .
see, this is why I'm against igorant doctrine.
#1. Mary is an Ordinary woman. Luke 1:28 "And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women". NOT ABOVE WOMEN. Mary was a surrogate mother to the flesh that the Spirit came in. not the Spirit itself. Mary did not give birth to God, who is Spirit. HOW DUMB CAN ONE BE.
Maybe I need to write a book called "Dummies for Catholics", and not the other way around.
EVERY MOTHER IN THE WORLD WHO GAVE BIRTH TO CHILDREN ARE HIGHLY FAVOURED. GOD IS NO RESPECTER OF PERSON. so Mary is no more that your mother nor mine........ (boy I Love this).

#2. did you read Romans chapter 16? just a heads up, Romans 16:3 "Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus". the word "HELPERS" is the Greek word, G4904 συνεργός sunergos (sïn-er-ğos') adj. it describe the function of Priscilla and Aquila, this husban and wife. the definition means a co-laborer, i.e. coadjutor, so BreadOfLife being Catholics... (smile) you of all people should know what coadjutor means, or look it up. ..... :D.

and when you answer what a coadjutor is then we will continue. have a nice day...... (smile)

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Reactions: 101G

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
see, this is why I'm against igorant doctrine.
#1. Mary is an Ordinary woman. Luke 1:28 "And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women". NOT ABOVE WOMEN. Mary was a surrogate mother to the flesh that the Spirit came in. not the Spirit itself. Mary did not give birth to God, who is Spirit. HOW DUMB CAN ONE BE.
Maybe I need to write a book called "Dummies for Catholics", and not the other way around.

EVERY MOTHER IN THE WORLD WHO GAVE BIRTH TO CHILDREN ARE HIGHLY FAVOURED. GOD IS NO RESPECTER OF PERSON. so Mary is no more that your mother nor mine........ (boy I Love this).

#2. did you read Romans chapter 16? just a heads up, Romans 16:3 "Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus". the word "HELPERS" is the Greek word, G4904 συνεργός sunergos (sïn-er-ğos') adj. it describe the function of Priscilla and Aquila, this husban and wife. the definition means a co-laborer, i.e. coadjutor, so BreadOfLife being Catholics... (smile) you of all people should know what coadjutor means, or look it up. ..... :D.

and when you answer what a coadjutor is then we will continue. have a nice day...... (smile)
You speak of "ignorant doctrine" - yet you spew all of this nonsense.
Apparently, you need a little linguistic lesson . . .

The Greek word is Kecharitomene that Luke used in his Gospel (v.1:28), which is the perfect passive participle, indicates a completed action with permanent result. It doesn't mean "Highly favoured" or even "Full of grace." It translates, “completely, perfectly, enduringly endowed with grace.” Kecharitomene is not a mere description here. It is used as a title – a name.
The Angel didn’t say, “Hail Mary, full of grace.”
He said “Hail Kecharitomene.”

NO other person in ALL of Scripture is given this title but Mary.
YOUR claim that every other mother is given this title is Scripturally-bankrupt.

As for Priscilla and Aquila in Romans 16 - what does this have to do with Mary??
Paul is referring to them as HIS helpers so I'm not sure what point you'
re trying to make.

Paul calls ALL of us in Christ "sunergos" (co-workers/cooperators) with God Himself.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
goodbye, BreadofDeath.

when you are comfortable being perceived as ignorant too, let me know, and maybe we can talk then ok.
Translation:
"I have no way of intelligently responding so I'll ignore you now."

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Translation:
"I have no way of intelligently responding so I'll ignore you now."
This is getting old. This thread is not about you mary or the catholic church. So like wise I will also ignore you are you are only here to fight and not debate.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is getting old. This thread is not about you mary or the catholic church. So like wise I will also ignore you are you are only here to fight and not debate.
Not true at ALL. I love to discuss Scripture and doctrine.
What I won't stand for are lies and falsehoods. If you can't refrain from these things - I will expose you.

Here is a challenge for you:
Go through ALL of my posts on this forum. You will see that have not spouted off ONE single historical or doctrinal lie about ANY Protestant sect.
All I have done is shoot down ignorant lies about the Catholic Church.

Like I've said before - if you don't want to be exposed - then don't tell lies.
That goes for everybody - myself included . . .

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You speak of "ignorant doctrine" - yet you spew all of this nonsense.
Apparently, you need a little linguistic lesson . . .

The Greek word is Kecharitomene that Luke used in his Gospel (v.1:28), which is the perfect passive participle, indicates a completed action with permanent result. It doesn't mean "Highly favoured" or even "Full of grace." It translates, “completely, perfectly, enduringly endowed with grace.” Kecharitomene is not a mere description here. It is used as a title – a name.
The Angel didn’t say, “Hail Mary, full of grace.”
He said “Hail Kecharitomene.”

NO other person in ALL of Scripture is given this title but Mary.
YOUR claim that every other mother is given this title is Scripturally-bankrupt.

As for Priscilla and Aquila in Romans 16 - what does this have to do with Mary??
Paul is referring to them as HIS helpers so I'm not sure what point you'
re trying to make.

Paul calls ALL of us in Christ "sunergos" (co-workers/cooperators) with God Himself.
I read all that mess on Kecharitomene, which adds up to ZERO.

now as for,
Priscilla and Aquila in Romans 16 - what does this have to do with Mary??
Paul is referring to them as HIS helpers so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

it have to do with the woman Priscilla, Did you look up the word coadjutor? I guess not, so here it is,
an assistant to a bishop or other ecclesiastic. a bishop who assists another bishop, with the right of succession.

this woman Priscilla and her husband are "BISHOPS". and then we will get to our sister Phebe a woman Bishop to the church at Rome ......... LOL, LOL, LOL.... I love this word.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Uh-huh - and NO other person in ALL of Scripture is given the title of "Kecharitomene" except for Mary.
which means you got no Witness from which to assemble a doctrine, besides which that does not change the meaning of cheroo anyway, not that telling you this would have any affect on your countenance anyway, and your beliefs being your own anyway, you are not required to prove anything about them to anyone else anyway, ok.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You, Job, Sword and bbyrd009 are ALL anti-Catholics

Speaking for myself and myself only, I take that as a compliment.

Ephesians 5
11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.
12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret.

If ever there was a passage...

o

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read all that mess on Kecharitomene, which adds up to ZERO.

now as for,
Priscilla and Aquila in Romans 16 - what does this have to do with Mary??
Paul is referring to them as HIS helpers so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

it have to do with the woman Priscilla, Did you look up the word coadjutor? I guess not, so here it is,
an assistant to a bishop or other ecclesiastic. a bishop who assists another bishop, with the right of succession.

this woman Priscilla and her husband are "BISHOPS". and then we will get to our sister Phebe a woman Bishop to the church at Rome ......... LOL, LOL, LOL.... I love this word.
Your ignorance of Greek is astounding - given the fact that you're trying to pass yourself off as a Greek scholar.
The etymology of the word "Bishop" does NOT have its roots in the word "sunergos" - but with "Episkopos". Sunergos simply means a co-worker or co-cooperator.

In Acts 1:20, when the Apostles are voting on who will replace Judas, they harken back to the OT with the following phrase:
"May another take his office."

The Greek word that is used here for "office" is "Episkopos" or "Bishopric".
In 1 Tim. 3, where Paul is describing the qualifications for "overseer", the Greek word used here is - you guessed it - "Episkopos".

I am a co-oworker (sunergos) with my wife - but that doesn't make EITHER one of us "Bishops", Einstein.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
which means you got no Witness from which to assemble a doctrine, besides which that does not change the meaning of cheroo anyway, not that telling you this would have any affect on your countenance anyway, and your beliefs being your own anyway, you are not required to prove anything about them to anyone else anyway, ok.
I've never seen the word "cheroo" in Scripture. If your referring to "charitoo" - then you're still mistaken because that wasn't the word used to describe Mary.

As I stated before - "Kecharitomene" is the perfect passive participle, indicates a completed action with permanent result. It doesn't mean "Highly favoured" or even "Full of grace."

It translates, “completely, perfectly, enduringly endowed with grace.”