Why do some people not like the idea of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Matthew 21:22 - And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.
Luke 1:37 - For nothing will be impossible with God.
2 Corinthians 5:7 - For we walk by faith, not by sight

Hebrews 11:1 - Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.
Ephesians 2:8-9 - For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
Proverbs 3:5-6 - Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I see ya!!!....LOL.

76e4072982002f05260295fd6c32139d.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: St. SteVen

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's just a personal attack on me, so don't sweat it.
I must say....I admire your self control...it’s very much noted........which is a fruit of the Holy Spirit.

2 Timothy 1:7says, “For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.” With the Holy Spirit inside of us, we are able to possess self-control and demonstrate the fruits of the Spirit. As a result, we can live in a way that is honorable to God.

I’m not quite there yet....the Holy Spirit is definitely working in me in that area....Praise God...

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Why do some people not like the idea of OSAS?​

Perhaps …
Because they neither understand what ONCE means in that context…

Nor understand IF, WHEN, HOW, WHY, the soul of a man;
CAN become saved, or
MIGHT become saved, or
SHALL become saved, or
IS SAV-ED. <—> application <—> OSAS

Glory to God,
Taken

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do some people not like the idea of Once saved, always saved?

There is just no verse in the bible that states - once you are saved, you are always saved.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I must say....I admire your self control...it’s very much noted........which is a fruit of the Holy Spirit.

2 Timothy 1:7says, “For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.” With the Holy Spirit inside of us, we are able to possess self-control and demonstrate the fruits of the Spirit. As a result, we can live in a way that is honorable to God.

I’m not quite there yet....the Holy Spirit is definitely working in me in that area....Praise God...
We make it in him by his sweet Holy Spirit.
Engage with posters who tell the rightly divided word and hold tight to his word to not be deceive and overcomers we can be together; all of us, to sit with him in heavenly places!

Btw thank you for the discernment.❤️

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In regard to Naaman, if being healed from leprosy is an illustration of salvation by water baptism (being immersed 7 times in the Jordan river) we have another case that reveals one can be saved without any water. *Read about it in (Luke 5:12-15). *No water is found here.

Naaman was not even a believer until "after" dipping in Jordan. He said "NOW" (after being healed) I know that there is no God in all the earth, but in Israel," (2 Kings 5:15) and vowed to worship only Him (verse 17). If we follow this "example," we will have to baptize unbelievers!

Naaman received cleansing from leprosy (not eternal life) after he dipped in the Jordan 7 times, but no sins were literally remitted for Naaman in Jordan. Likewise, water baptism does not literally remit sins.

Luke 5:12-15

The purpose of the miracle had nothing to do with salvation by works, but was to demonstrate "there is a prophet in Israel" (2 Kings 5:8) and that "there is no God in all the earth, but in Israel," as Naaman found out. (2 Kings 5:15)
Some of use want to be like Naaham and find other ways around some of Gods teaching cause it does not fit our understanding so instead of trusting in his word we say it can tot be because it didn't say it here regardless of the fact it did say it there. So being it does not say it every time that does nullify the times it does say it. Seriously is that good reasoning? How many times does he have to tell you before you can believe??

We all big boys here let us reason since-able and take God at his word Let's not be like Naaham because we see he had to give in and do it the way he was told. Obedience to the word is what we are to seek not try to find loop holes for as Naaham found out it does not work

The purpose of the miracle had nothing to do with salvation by works, but was to demonstrate "there is a prophet in Israel" (2 Kings 5:8) and that "there is no God in all the earth, but in Israel," as Naaman found out. (2 Kings 5:15)

I did not say that the story of Naaham was for his salvation I used it to show that sometimes God uses a earthly vehicle to bring about his desire. In the case of Naaham the only way he could be cleansed was to dip 7 times in the river Jordan. No it was not a salvation event but and issue that he had to obey God and do as he was told in order to get the cleansing there was no other way but to trust and obey.

Then I pointed out out that for us we are told
Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
So just as Naaham had to trust in the way God said so do we if we want to be cleansed of our sin. God Through the spirit through Peter told us of what we must do to have our sin remitted and to receive the spirit. We mu like Naaham trust and obey what God has said.

But we don't we have to teach that is not what God has desired it is this way instead it can't be that way for that is a works based salvation it is not of faith alone so it has to be wrong it can not mean what it says.

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do some people not like the idea of Once saved, always saved?

There is just no verse in the bible that states - once you are saved, you are always saved.
This is true it cannot be found but you can have assurance of salvation if YOU WALK IN THE SPIRIT funny how the bible talks a lot about if you do isn't . If you believe ,if you walk in the spirit, if you trust in my words, and so on and so on.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IMHO, I do not like the acronym bc it is used to make accountability null & void.
Excusing the act of repentance if one sins, when the word says this;
Ezekiel 33 :18 When the righteous turneth from his righteousness and committee iniquity, he shall die thereby.
19 But if the wicked turn from his wickedness, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall live thereby.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is true it cannot be found but you can have assurance of salvation if YOU WALK IN THE SPIRIT funny how the bible talks a lot about if you do isn't . If you believe ,if you walk in the spirit, if you trust in my words, and so on and so on.
Yes, that is true. But that is not the message of OSAS.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Indeed.

God tells the truth and keeps His promises.​

Titus 1:2 “In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;”

Belief births you into God’s family.​

John 1:12 “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:”

Jesus promised you would not perish.​

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

You are not condemned (reserved for destruction).​

John 3:18 “He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.”

You currently have everlasting life.​

John 3:36 “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”

You passed from death unto life.​

John 5:24 “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”

Jesus will not cast you out for any reason.​

John 6:37 “All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.”

Jesus knows His sheep.​

John 10:27 “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:”

Jesus gave you eternal life.​

John 10:28 “And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.”

You are in Jesus’ hand and no one can get you out.​

John 10:28b “neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.”

The Father placed His hand over the Son’s and no one is more powerful than Him.​

John 10:29 “My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.”

The combined strength of God the Father and God the Son is protecting your soul.​

John 10:30 “I and my Father are one.”

Jesus promised that you would never die.​

John 11:25–26 “Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?”

God is your Father.​

Romans 8:15 “For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.”

You are two-fold the Child of God; by birth and by adoption.​

Romans 8:15 “For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.”

The Holy Spirit bears witness with our spirit reminding us that we are saved.​

Romans 8:16 “The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:”

God is the Judge of the soul and He already gave you His verdict.​

Romans 8:31–33 “What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God’s elect? It is God that justifieth.”

Jesus Christ is at the right hand of the Father making intercession for us.​

Romans 8:34 “Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.”

Nothing can separate you from the love of Christ.​

Romans 8:35–39 “Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

You are a new Creature.​

2 Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”

You are made righteous in Christ.​

2 Corinthians 5:21 “For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.”

You are sealed with the Holy Spirit.​

Ephesians 1:13–14 “In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.”

You are saved by grace through faith not by works.​

Ephesians 2:8–9 “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.”

You are kept by the power of God.​

1 Peter 1:5 “Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.”

You are a citizen of Heaven.​

Philippians 3:20 “For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:”

You are seated in Heavenly places.​

Ephesians 2:6 “And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:”

• Love
Reactions: GRACE ambassador