Why do some people not like the idea of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Id he made you his son, why do you think you have to earn the right to continue to be his child?

Wow so you got that license to sin thing going... claiming we do not have to abide IN Christ as Jesus taught in John 15

It's not earning anything to abide IN Christ... it's our calling. Your calling is to have a license to sin apparently.
sin_all_you_want2.gif<---- Yo license to sin! funny.gif

This is talking about GENTILES..

Uh huh... and you one of them gentiles who thinks they can live in sin and not get cut off.

If you don't repent from yo sin homie... eternity is going to be very hot and very painful for you! agree.gif

Christ perfected you forever

You think you are perfect?
laughing2.gif
But you still, think you can go out and do sinful behavior clueless-scratching.gif

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then why are you worried, Id he made you his son, why do you think you have to earn the right to continue to be his child?

Here's how I see it. There are four levels of relationship with the Lord. Servant, Friend, Son and Bride. Now Salvation is free and is a gift. That puts one into a Servant position.

John 1:12
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:.../KJV

We have the power to become sons of God. That means we have to participate. We have to abide in the vine and begin serving God as a servant first. Then we work ourselves up to a Promotion! I believe that it is by our efforts that we go from servant to friend to Son. And Jesus decides who becomes the Bride (at the rapture!). He gives us the power to become Sons of God at our acceptance of Him as our Lord and then we do have to get up off of our Blessed Assurance and go to work.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow so you got that license to sin thing going... claiming we do not have to abide IN Christ as Jesus taught in John 15

It's not earning anything to abide IN Christ... it's our calling. Your calling is to have a license to sin apparently.
View attachment 41392<---- Yo license to sin! View attachment 41393
Nope/ Whoever is born of God does not continue in sin.

You you excuse your own sin, You say you can sin and it will be forgiven you just need to confess or whatever you claim you do.

Uh huh... and you one of them gentiles who thinks they can live in sin and not get cut off.

If you don't repent from yo sin homie... eternity is going to be very hot and very painful for you! View attachment 41394
I repented 40 years ago. When will you?
You think you are perfect?
View attachment 41396
But you still, think you can go out and do sinful behavior View attachment 41397
No. Why would i think that? No true child of God thinks this. Only you legalistic pharisees who pump your chest every day thinking you are so great

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's how I see it. There are four levels of relationship with the Lord. Servant, Friend, Son and Bride. Now Salvation is free and is a gift. That puts one into a Servant position.

John 1:12
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:.../KJV

We have the power to become sons of God. That means we have to participate. We have to abide in the vine and begin serving God as a servant first. Then we work ourselves up to a Promotion! I believe that it is by our efforts that we go from servant to friend to Son. And Jesus decides who becomes the Bride (at the rapture!). He gives us the power to become Sons of God at our acceptance of Him as our Lord and then we do have to get up off of our Blessed Assurance and go to work.
I see it like this

we have been saved

we are being saved

we will be saved

we have been saved from the penalty of sin (Justification)

we are being saved from the power of sin (sanctification)

we will be saved from the ability to sin (glorification) when we are resurrected to be with Christ.

Reactions: 3 Resurrections

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not think we even need to bash the doctrine. Just give your view. if the doctrine is false. it will fall on its face.
That’s not my observation. The church wouldn’t be as fractured as it is if it was as simple as that. :My2c:
I see it like this

we have been saved

we are being saved

we will be saved

we have been saved from the penalty of sin (Justification)

we will be saved from the ability to sin (glorification) when we are resurrected to be with Christ.
Your "spirit" (seed) is what was saved by an instantaneous NEW BIRTH....OSAS. This gets you INTO heaven. IMPUTED RIGHTEOUSNESS. You never did anything good enough to earn it and can't do anything bad enough to loose it.

Your "soul" (plant) is what is BEING SAVED as you put on the mind of Christ. SAVED backslide UNSAVED. This determines your rewards IN HEAVEN. Comes from IMPARTED RIGHTEOUSNESS....walking the walk, or not.

Your "body" (fruit) is not saved/glorified/immortal until your soul is judged. This will happen after it is raised from death/sleep in the grave. It undergoes the BEMA Judgment seat of Christ for everything you have done, both good and bad. It determines just how much reward or GLORY your immortal glorified body will have BE heaven "some 30 some 60 some 100 fold" (eg.bulbs WATTAGE RIGHTEOUSNESS :shine:)

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Not without our own effort. Sanctification is only done when you are in the presence of the Lord and focused on Him, perhaps when we sleep also. How can He repair damage to your soul done by sin, if you are not there in His presence?

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not without our own effort. Sanctification is only done when you are in the presence of the Lord and focused on Him, perhaps when we sleep also. How can He repair damage to your soul done by sin, if you are not there in His presence?
You are saved by the power of God when your spirit is born again. You soul is sanctified when you obey the convicting holy spirit of Christ IN you,. When you do, then you have humbled yourself which allows God to give you the GRACE which is the power to achieve what God's truth demands. And it is that same spirit which leads and guides you into the truth to SAVE YOURSELVES...by GRACE....AFTER YOU HUMBLE YOURSELF.

JAM 4:6* But he gives more grace; therefore it says, "God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble." 7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
flee
from the power of the GRACE you have to resist.

1PE 5:5,...for "God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble." 6 Humble yourselves therefore

That's how you SAVE YOURSELF from the sins of all crooked generations sin Pentecost.

ACT 2:38 And Peter said to them, "Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins;....40 And he testified with many other words and exhorted them, saying, "Save yourselves from this crooked generation."

Justification is the salvation of your spirit. Sanctification doesn't "repair"your soul by being "in His presence". After the rebirth of your spirit you have the abiding presence of the Holy Spirit of Christ in you. and the HOPE (future) of a 'to be glorified' body. The Spirit of Christ is the spirit which convicts you of sin...in you. And your soul gets healed when you obey the sin conviction of that reborn spirit and then QUIT SINNING.

The other way your 'soul gets saved' is when "brethren" convict you of the truth concerning your sin and you humble yourself. Then GOD again gives you the GRACE/POWER TO ACHIEVE GODS TRUTH.

JAM 5:19 My brethren, if any one among you wanders from the truth and some one brings him back,
20 let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death.....

How do you quit sinning? The same way you can to ALL THINGS God demands.....by the power of CHRIST IN YOU.

PHI 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
COL 1:27 .... this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He still sanctifies us

Hebrews says by one offering he has perfected those who are being sanctified

While I agree, we have to cooperate. It is still all of him

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"OSAS" , was not created by believers who understand Grace.

This phrase, "OSAS" was created by people who reject Eternal Security.
So, its a doctrine that rejects Eternal Life in Christ.
And if you are one of those who are mentally caught by this OSAS ( means = License to sin), deception, then you will be on Forums trying to prove that Eternal Security is a LIE.
These cultist's preach it from their pulpits. .. THEY teach "OSAS, means LICENSE TO SIN">..

Understand?

So, that is a CULT Mindset, that teaches that OSAS, that they created .. is to try to prove that Eternal Security is not true.
They are a CULT.

Who is in this Cult?
Everyone who teaches that OSAS = MEANS.... "license to sin" as that is how THEY TEACH "OSAS"...
Its not how we would teach it, because we are not in that cult mindset.
Really though that cult mindset could be abated if any member within it actually read the Gospels.

They don't. And as such they are foolish. And in the process denigrate all that Christ taught and died to seal under his blood covenant.

And they shall answer for every word.
One can not be eternally grateful when they deny they are eternally irrevocably saved so as to have cause to be grace filled and grateful.

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He still sanctifies us

Hebrews says by one offering he has perfected those who are being sanctified

While I agree, we have to cooperate. It is still all of him
The only thing “perfected” is the old spirit which upon rebirth has become the Spirit of Christ in you though Justification. Now you have to “work out your (SOUL’S) salvation with Fear and trembling”. Progressing to perfection.

“Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure."

Reactions: MA2444

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only thing “perfected” is the old spirit which upon rebirth has become the Spirit of Christ in you though Justification. Now you have to “work out your (SOUL’S) salvation with Fear and trembling”. Progressing to perfection.
If this is all that is perfected. We have utterly no hope. It is not Grace that helps us or sustains us, it is our work, our own merit. Our own reward.

We were supposed to come to God as broken people. Bankrupt. As the tax collector. How can we say we came to God in that state if we continue to try to save ourselves by our own merit? The jews tried that and paul spent most of his writings warning them about continuing in willful sin (denying Christ)
“Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure."
Have you ever studied this verse? The word work out is a mining term. A miner is tryign to “work out” the material that is already there, so they could process it and make diamonds, or gold. Or expensive gems or whatever they were mining.

In the same token, we are to “work out” the salvation that is in us. This is much different than saying we must work to earn our salvation. The salvation is there

The warning is that we are lights in the world. And if we do not work out the results of our salvation. We may do something that can destroy what we were sent to do. Which is draw people to Christ. Because we basically destroy our reputation,

Paul was worried greatly about this. Even to the point of being unqualified to do anything for God because his reputation wads so tarnished that people looked at him and laughed..

Salvation is By Grace not of work.. They can not mix.

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If this is all that is perfected. We have utterly no hope. It is not Grace that helps us or sustains us, it is our work, our own merit. Our own reward.

We were supposed to come to God as broken people. Bankrupt. As the tax collector. How can we say we came to God in that state if we continue to try to save ourselves by our own merit? The jews tried that and paul spent most of his writings warning them about continuing in willful sin (denying Christ)

You have not understood what I have said; You do not understand the difference between RIGHTEOUSNESS not of your work versus RIGHTEOUSNESS which is by your WORKing out your SOUL's salvation AFTER receiving the salvation of your SPIRIT which Jesus did ALL the work for.

RIGHTEOUSNESS IMPUTED AND RIGHTEOUSNESS IMPARTED

Imputed
righteousness comes from ‘believing’ in Jesus Christ ‘the righteous one’.

Imparted righteousness comes from ‘doing’ Christ Jesus righteousness.

ROM 6:16 Do you not know that if you yield yourselves to any one as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness?

-THIS WORD WAS SPOKEN TO SAVED BELIEVERS WHO HAD THE ‘IMPUTED’ RIGHTEOUSNESS OF CHRIST, BUT STILL HAVE TO BE 'IMPARTING' IT INTO THEIR WALK TO PARTAKE OF THE ABUNDANT LIFE OF GOD AVAILABLE IN THIS LIFE.

MAT 9:13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

-THE JEWS WERE STILL CONSIDERED “THE RIGHTEOUS” EVEN THOUGH SINNERS.

MAT 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

MAT 5:20 YLT 'For I say to you, that if your righteousness may not abound above that of the scribes and Pharisees, ye may not enter to the reign of the heavens.

-SCRIBES AND PHARISEES HAD A ‘WORKS RIGHTEOUSNESS’ BUT NOT A ‘BELIEF RIGHTEOUSNESS’. THEY WERE RIDING ON THE ‘BELIEF/FAITH/RIGHTEOUSNESS ’ OF ABRAHAM (Rom 4:3).

PHIL 3:1-9 ..6 as to zeal a persecutor of the church, as to righteousness under the law blameless.

9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own, based on law, but that which is through faith in/OF Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith;

-KJV CORRECTLY SAYS “FAITH ‘OF’ CHRIST”…ALL OTHERS INCORRECTLY QUOTE THE GREEK AND SAY “FAITH ‘IN’ CHRIST”.

IMPUTED, COUNTED, RECKONED, DELCARED AS RIGHTEOUS

-THIS IS A RIGHTEOUSNESS BASED UPON GOD’S DECLARATION AND NOT UPON AN INNOCENCE THAT WE DON’T HAVE. HE DECLARES US ‘NOT GUILTY’ HE DOESN’T DECLARE US AS ‘INNOCENT OF NEVER SINNING’. JESUS WAS ‘INNOCENT’ AND IT’S HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS WE ARE JUDGED BY CONCERNING THE ETERNAL CONSEQUENCE OF SINS.

GEN 15:6 And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

PSA 119:172 My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness.

ROM 3:21-28
ROM 3:22
Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

-FAITH ‘IN’ THE ‘FAITHFULLNESS OF JESUS’ SAVES US FROM OUR

SINS, WHEREAS US WALKING IN THE FAITH ‘OF’ JESUS REDEEMS US FROM SINNING.

ROM 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

ROM 3:26 YLT for the shewing forth of His righteousness in the present time, for His being righteous, and declaring him righteous who {is} of the faith of Jesus.

ROM 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted/imputed unto him for righteousness.

It’s our spirit which receives IMPUTED RIGHTEOUSNESS salvation

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature/spirit: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

1 John 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is/Christ spirit, so are we in this world.

YLT Galatians 4:6 and because ye are sons, God did send forth the spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying, 'Abba, Father!'

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

IMPARTED, FULFILLED, BEING RIGHTEOUS

Imputed Righteousness of the OT was the faith of Abram.

Imparted Righteousness of the OT was obeying the commandments. Deu 6;25, Psa 15:1, 2

GEN 7:1
And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.

DEU 6:25 And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the LORD our God, as he hath commanded us.

PSA 15:1,2 LORD, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill? 2 He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart.

EZE 3:20 Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumbling block before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

Imputed Righteousness of the NT is the righteous ‘life of Jesus’ laid down for us.

Imparted Righteousness of the NT is the righteous ‘life of Jesus’ lived by us.

MAT 3:13-15 Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to John, to be baptized by him. 14 John would have prevented him, saying, "I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?" 15 But Jesus answered him, "Let it be so now; for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness." Then he consented.

ROM 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

ACT 10:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him. (not ‘by him’)

Imputed righteousness is in your spirit and that’s why your soul (mind/emotions) feels guilty when you sin.

ROM 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but (IMPARTED) righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

I CAN LOOSE THIS RIGHTEOUSNESS REWARD OF PEACE/JOY BY DOING WRONG.

-To sum up, we have two definitions of righteousness. The imputed one is believing God and the imparted one is obeying God.

Have you ever studied this verse?
REFUTE THE VERSES I'VE BEEN SHARING. THEY'RE RED. YOUR POSTS ARE MOSTLY OPINION.....IN MY OPINION.
"Study to show yourself approved." Then WE ALL can tell if you've studied anything well enough to teach it. LIKE I DID.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JAM 4:6* But he gives more grace; therefore it says, "God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble." 7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
flee
from the power of the GRACE you have to resist.

we don't resist Grace. We praise the Lord for it. My Bible reads that slightly differently than you quoted it. It doesn't say to resist the grace. Resist the Devil and he will flee from you.

James 4:6-7
6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you..../KJV

So I agree with some of what you have said, but not all of it. We do have to humble ourselve and there are various ways to do that. One is fasting and another is coming into the presence of God. It's sure humbling to me at least.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have not understood what I have said; You do not understand the difference between RIGHTEOUSNESS not of your work versus RIGHTEOUSNESS which is by your WORKing out your SOUL's salvation AFTER receiving the salvation of your SPIRIT which Jesus did ALL the work for.
Actually I do

1. The righteousness not of our works is the righteousness of Christ which was imputed to me. It is based on being Justified. Or having my guilt removed. And that guilt and my sin being replaced with the righteousness of Christ. That lamb of God who took the payment on his body on the cross

The end result of this is that we are saved forever. We know we will go to heaven, and this is the root and base for point 2.

2. The goodness (fruit) Is God working through us, as we take steps of faith to serve and love those around us. It is a process many call working towards spiritual maturity. It is serving the world. Being a light in Christ. In order to do this we must

1. Deny self
2. Put the needs of others above ours. Understanding God will take care of our needs (A point I struggled with often. I loved serving others. But I felt to allow people to serve me was me being selfish. I great sister told me I was preventing God from using others to help me, and I was being selfish by doing just that.
3. Remain attached to the vine, Jesus is the source of energy that enables us to produce fruit. If we are not attached, we are unable to produce fruit. We can do good work, but they are not works of God. They are works of the flesh.. I believe this is why many think they are good people. Because they do good work. But they fail to realise, they are not doing works of God but of the flesh.
4. It all takes faith, and it is based on love, Just like the faith we had to lead us to Receive Gods eternal life. We have to have faith in God to Recieve the blessings of our temporal life he wishes to give. Without faith we can do nothing, and without love, we are as paul says a clanging Gong..

The main point is this is all based on point 1. If point. Has not occured. We can not do this, And because of point one, we can consider all things bad a momentary light affliction.

RIGHTEOUSNESS IMPUTED AND RIGHTEOUSNESS IMPARTED

Imputed
righteousness comes from ‘believing’ in Jesus Christ ‘the righteous one’.

Imparted righteousness comes from ‘doing’ Christ Jesus righteousness.
I had to cut a lot of your post out. It made it over 1000 words so I wa not able to respond. I would not create so long post. Most do not read them, I did read what you wrote, and this is my respons

I think I showed in the first part of this the different between imputed righteousness, and experiential (imparted) rightiousness.
REFUTE THE VERSES I'VE BEEN SHARING. THEY'RE RED. YOUR POSTS ARE MOSTLY OPINION.....IN MY OPINION.
"Study to show yourself approved." Then WE ALL can tell if you've studied anything well enough to teach it. LIKE I DID.

so you are not willing to study that verse?

I have, And it is not about working to earn your salvation as many say. If you think it is, Then I can not agree

I would not try to tell people you have never met they have not studied. That comes across as rude and proud. Especially, as in this case, when it is not true

Again, I ask you to restudy that passage. But it is up to you

WalkInLight

Jul 30, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I know some people like to pass judgments on others that confess to be sinners. This thread is not about that. And I often wonder why people fight the OSAS idea. I also don't believe in OSAS, but I believe in a version that allows for God to save people if he desires.

John 10:28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. 30 I and My Father are one.”

I think no one, the devil or man, can snatch God's people out of his hand. But they can reject God by free choice. Let's pray for the sinners that they are given power to overcome sin as well. As God only promotes righteousness in his word.

I'm reminded of the words of Jesus regarding people that would be jealous of God saving sinners:

Luke 18:9 Also He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’ 13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”
OSAS is similar to once married always married.

This is emotional security outside relationships or content. It is hollywood "I am your soul mate" "I will love you forever"

I remember when I first met my wife, she was a nice woman, but not anything deeper. Over time I actually fell in love with
her and felt the feelings we would change the world, and this was the most important thing ever except for Jesus.

I have met folk who live in this role play life, where they see everything in a dream state, but miss the fact they do not know
their partner much or have much in common. Sadly when troubles come, often these relationships fall apart, because they
were founded on projections and not truly knowing and loving another with their strengths and weaknesses.

Love is a strange thing, because there is no darkness or hidden things about it. It wants the best for all involved, and is prepared
to let go if that is the best.

OSAS folk have often gone to a place where people have wrecked their lives, in full rebellion against everything yet they will
be with Jesus. The difficulty here is in heaven with the Lord love prospers and everything else dies. So for such folk this would
be a kind of hell, something they would rather destroy than live with.

Jesus describes such folk as grinding and gnashing their teeth awaiting judgement.
In a real way those who know love and Jesus, know salvation and the path of righteousness, not for self justification but for
life and everything our hearts when cleansed truly aspire to.

How often do successful folk end up alone in a room, alone and abandoned, sometimes dying without anyone knowing?
We are built to be loving integrated folk who care for others and who are cared for. Those who see this light do not need
a phrase OSAS to know Jesus walking with them.

God bless you

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last edited:

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. The righteousness not of our works is the righteousness of Christ which was imputed to me. It is based on being Justified. Or having my guilt removed. And that guilt and my sin being replaced with the righteousness of Christ. That lamb of God who took the payment on his body on the cross

What you're saying is true. but only of your spirit when you are born again (In Spirit) and that takes care of your sin, but yor sin is in your soul and not yet justified or perfected. You are the righteousness of God, in Christ...in spirit!

Born again of the Spirit. But the curse of sin upon the earth has done damage to your soul and it is so bad in these last days that it takes some doing over time to repair the damage!

I think if we became perfected in our soul all at once like some are implying, that we would lose our identity and personality of our soul. We wouldn't be "us" anymore.

So the Lord takes His time (with our copperation) with repairing our soul because He loves us as who we are. So He does it (sanctification) slowly and in steps on the inside of us so that we stay who we are, whom He loves. Inside out is the way it is done. What did He say about clean the inside of the cup? What does that mean?

So remember, we are as perfected in spirit alone but the dmage to our soul must be effected too. And our body we are to honor God with our flesh body and resist evil. One can't say, I am Justified and then turn around and willfully sin. That is wrong.

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The righteousness not of our works is the righteousness of Christ which was imputed to me. It is based on being Justified. Or having my guilt removed. And that guilt and my sin being replaced with the righteousness of Christ. That lamb of God who took the payment on his body on the cross
Payment to whom? If Calvary satisfied mankind's debt, who was the debt owed to? And why couldn't that creditor have just forgiven the debt without Christ being nailed to a cross?

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you're saying is true. but only of your spirit...
So the Lord takes His time (with our copperation) with repairing our soul
Precious friend, so what happens to those who die before their "soul gets all it's necessary repairs,"
eh?