Why do you believe Satan is still around today? (Please read Op)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our we....."looking down"...when pointing out violations of God's word?
Suggest you study the Bible.
It's an illegal action, to only submit one group of sinners, compared to the rest of the majority. Thankfully Yeshua has paid the price of all sin for all mankind, even homosexuals. Now whether or not in their life they look to God and love God and love others, who could say, but really Yahava himself. He knows where as you and I do not.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan is not around today, due to the Bible proclaiming that he is done away. Just remember that darkness does remain and all us have a choie to partake of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, or partake of the tree of life, (death, burial, and resurrection.)

If you believe Satan is still around that is okay, however I do not believe he is still around, and put the main responsibility of actions for individuals upon themselves. From within the soul, we control this body, and from within the soul can come darkness, just as Jesus foretold.

Mark 7:21 For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, 22 coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. 23 All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.”

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's an illegal action, to only submit one group of sinners, compared to the rest of the majority. Thankfully Yeshua has paid the price of all sin for all mankind, even homosexuals. Now whether or not in their life they look to God and love God and love others, who could say, but really Yahava himself. He knows where as you and I do not.
I fear u misunderstand ...Grace...as established by Christ when crucified.
Condemnation is different than pointing out violation of God's word.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I fear u misunderstand ...Grace...as established by Christ when crucified.
Condemnation is different than pointing out violation of God's word.

Luke 6:37 “Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

If people are interested in God's word they will take up a bible and look in to it. If not, then that is their own choice isnt it? God can work on people by the spirit, and I dont believe I misunderstood you.

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan is not around today, due to the Bible proclaiming that he is done away. Just remember that darkness does remain and all us have a choie to partake of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, or partake of the tree of life, (death, burial, and resurrection.)

If you believe Satan is still around that is okay, however I do not believe he is still around, and put the main responsibility of actions for individuals upon themselves. From within the soul, we control this body, and from within the soul can come darkness, just as Jesus foretold.

Mark 7:21 For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, 22 coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. 23 All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.”
Study Job.
You have a miss understanding...I am afraid.
I would have no idea how one can conclude that satan is not on this earth...with his many helpers.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Study Job.
You have a miss understanding...I am afraid.
I would have no idea how one can conclude that satan is not on this earth...with his many helpers.
Study Revelation, it seems you have contention with anyone who believes differently than you. Which is fine if you believe Satan is still around today. I do not, I can't help what other people believe, I just trust Yeshua and his Father for their promises of getting rid of the devil. Studying Job, is a great thing to do, however that is not the end of the story for him, Revelation is.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could the spirit of Ha'Satan still exist and carry on to some extent now today? Sure, the spirit of Ha'Satan would involve being accusative, lying, trickery, I do believe that human beings can express the spirit of Ha'Satan to some extent or another that comes by and through the darkness, though I do believe the devil that beguiled eve in the beginning has been done away with.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Could the spirit of Ha'Satan still exist and carry on to some extent now today? Sure, the spirit of Ha'Satan would involve being accusative, lying, trickery, I do believe that human beings can express the spirit of Ha'Satan to some extent or another that comes by and through the darkness, though I do believe the devil that beguiled eve in the beginning has been done away with.

An explanation that justifies the unbelief that you hold to and explains it away so that you do not have to face the actual truth.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An explanation that justifies the unbelief that you hold to and explains it away so that you do not have to face the actual truth.
What unbelief are you talking about?

I do believe that the Satan that was in the Garden was done away with. The Spirit of what he was about can still live on (it's the attitude that is had towards God, and others). Did you miss some of the other post?

You might find some more insights here: What is up with the power of darkness? I talk a little bit more about what is said in the comment you quoted on.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What unbelief are you talking about?

Preterism

Preterism
holds that the contents of Revelation constitute a prophecy of events that were fulfilled in the 1st century. Preterists believe that the dating of the book of Revelation is of vital importance and that it was written before the destruction of Jerusalem in AD 70.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Preterism

Preterism
holds that the contents of Revelation constitute a prophecy of events that were fulfilled in the 1st century. Preterists believe that the dating of the book of Revelation is of vital importance and that it was written before the destruction of Jerusalem in AD 70.

Oh, well, that is to bad. It's a view that is relevant to Revelation. Not liked by many, that is alright. My belief is not in that view itself as much as it is the view that Yeshua has had the victory over all things, which you may find completely abhorrent and deplorable in the face of Yahava himself, as far as I know personally due to so many people having an issue. What can one do but just poke and prod others about something they do not agree with to some degree or another by allowing how they feel be made known, thank you Jay Ross.

I am not to worried about it, nor should you be worried about it either if it is not true anyway. Yahava will deal with me rightly, friend, dont you worry about that at all.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh, well, that is to bad. It's a view that is relevant to Revelation. Not liked by many, that is alright. My belief is not in that view itself as much as it is the view that Yeshua has had the victory over all things, which you may find completely abhorrent and deplorable in the face of Yahava himself, as far as I know personally due to so many people having an issue. What can one do but just poke and prod others about something they do not agree with to some degree or another by allowing how they feel be made known, thank you Jay Ross.

I am not to worried about it, nor should you be worried about it either if it is not true anyway. Yahava will deal with me rightly, friend, dont you worry about that at all.

So be it.

Reactions: MatthewG

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Hello Jack

Your just qouting random passages. Sorry that does not work for me.

You can be hard set against me thats fine. But the bible expresses his defeat in revelation, and in Genesis. If you dont believe its happend thats fine, ill respect you.

However if you do not desire to respect me and my opinion ill take what you gotta say, all
Your doing is just expressing your opinion.

Just as much as myself;

Love to you,
Matthew

Satan being defeated and being present/active on earth are two different things.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011

That takes no account for demonic manifestations and possesions.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan being defeated and being present/active on earth are two different things.
Okay, do you remember school spirit? Its kind of like that.

The “spirit of Ha’Satan” can be similar to having the same type of attitude towards Yahava he did. It doesnt mean the people are actually possessed by Satan; however they are attributing the same attitude. Selfishness, greed, etc.

That takes no account for demonic manifestations and possesions.
I do not believe that happens. You may. I do believe everyone wrestles around with darkness, and even the spirits of the world, and spiritual wickedness while in this dark world. But i dont believe in “demonic manifestations, or possessions”, never seen it. Darkness can have a great effect on people. And we can do great dark things by our own will.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Okay, do you remember school spirit? Its kind of like that.

The “spirit of Ha’Satan” can be similar to having the same type of attitude towards Yahava he did. It doesnt mean the people are actually possessed by Satan; however they are attributing the same attitude. Selfishness, greed, etc.

I do not believe that happens. You may. I do believe everyone wrestles around with darkness, and even the spirits of the world, and spiritual wickedness while in this dark world. But i dont believe in “demonic manifestations, or possessions”, never seen it. Darkness can have a great effect on people. And we can do great dark things by our own will.
You're just flat out denying the existence of the supernatural. There is already too much proof for the existence of it to just dismiss its existence with a simple I don't believe it. But that's the farthest I will discuss it as to not embolden the enemy who I agree is defeated.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're just flat out denying the existence of the supernatural. There is already too much proof for the existence of it to just dismiss its existence with a simple I don't believe it. But that's the farthest I will discuss it as to not embolden the enemy who I agree is defeated.
You are right. I do believe in spiritual wickedness, however I do not believe in ghosts, or demons. I believe that God has taken care of Satan and his demons. However we still have the darkness to wrestle around in. So yeah I guess so. I do not believe in Ghosts, and ghouls, and demons being around due to Jesus Christ and his victory. However I do believe that playing around with witchcraft, and testing the darkness is not a good thing. It vastly effects the soul.

Therefore I just ... don't believe in that stuff, I really just do not, I believe in God, and Darkness, spiritual wickedness, darkness of the world, spirits of the world, but I really dont believe in spooky ghosts, ghouls and demons (that have been defeated by Jesus,) and what not... just do not even see the reason to have to believe they exist (personally.)

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also believe that there are still many gods, and they are divine, and that idols still exists as well. There is only one true and living God though, Yahava, the one whom sent Yeshua. :)

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
You are right. I do believe in spiritual wickedness, however I do not believe in ghosts, or demons. I believe that God has taken care of Satan and his demons. However we still have the darkness to wrestle around in. So yeah I guess so. I do not believe in Ghosts, and ghouls, and demons being around due to Jesus Christ and his victory. However I do believe that playing around with witchcraft, and testing the darkness is not a good thing. It vastly effects the soul.

Therefore I just ... don't believe in that stuff, I really just do not, I believe in God, and Darkness, spiritual wickedness, darkness of the world, spirits of the world, but I really dont believe in spooky ghosts, ghouls and demons (that have been defeated by Jesus,) and what not... just do not even see the reason to have to believe they exist (personally.)
I am glad you believe in staying away from occult activities because they are harmful.
But one note on demons, it's documented in scripture the change of dynamics about demons after Christ's resurrection was not that they were done away with, but that we have authority over them by the blood. That was what changed.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am glad you believe in staying away from occult activities because they are harmful.
But one note on demons, it's documented in scripture the change of dynamics about demons after Christ's resurrection was not that they were done away with, but that we have authority over them by the blood. That was what changed.

It's all between you and Yahava friend. Jesus spoke about the lake of fire, being for Satan and his angels. I believe that is where they all are, but everything else like I mentioned prior in my belief are still viable. I do also believe in Angels of God too but I do not think about them all that much. Just mainly desire to live a life, putting Yahava in my life, abiding in Christ, and going on about life as it comes one day at a time my friend. I love you, and all these people here, and have no qualms, just differences if anything and I am not here to say you can not believe what you do. Thank you for your kind words, Teamventure.

Reactions: teamventure