Why do you feel it is so hard to be good?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can Sin as much as I want .....and that is True!
No, you can not sin as much as you want, because if you did, you'd be showing that you are not born again:

"...because God’s seed abides in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God. " 1 John 3:9

That is the truth that eludes you. You say that isn't true. You say John is wrong. You say the born again person CAN go on sinning.

You are clinging to a flimsy, unbiblical argument to rationalize and excuse sin. Is it hard for you to be good? The Bible says the born again person can't help but to be good and can't live in sin.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The promise is for the believing person, not the unbelieving person who used to believe, or never believed at all. People who are believing in God, they are the ones that have eternal life and do not come into judgment:

"Truly, truly, I say to you that the one hearing My word and believing the One having sent Me, he has eternal life and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life." John 5:24
But you should know this already since Paul, whom you follow, said the same thing right in your favorite summary of the gospel:

"Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, and in which you stand firm. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you." 1 Corinthians 15:1-2
You have to keep believing in order to have eternal life and never come under condemnation. It is under those circumstances that you have eternal life, and never come under the condemnation of God.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A good example of his unwillingness to see plain scripture...

"The law came in so that the trespass would increase; but where sin increased, grace increased all the more" Romans 5:20

"Shall we continue in sin so that grace may increase? Certainly not! How can we who died to sin live in it any longer?" Romans 6:1-2

It's like he doesn't even see it.

Of course I see it it.....who wants to “ live in sin” .....who promotes it? It ain’t me.....all I do is Believe what God said about Grace being bigger than sin, and you can’t handle it.....You just can’t “ Imagine” a scenario where God would set us free and the reaction would be NOT to Sin....you have no understanding of Christianity....never Having the Grace extended to you that you MUST have, there is NO WAY you can accept God’s Grace or appreciate it for what it is—- the ONLY “elixir” for Salvation....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your theology is hardly about being zealous for good deeds. It's all about the joy of not having to do good. It was created to fill the church pews of mega-churche$.
Just sayin'.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your theology is hardly about being zealous for good deeds. It's all about the joy of not having to do good. It was created to fill the church pews of mega-churche$.

Being Zealous for Good Deeds ( which I am) is so obvious that it should not even have to be mentioned....your obvious lie about finding “ joy” in being bad is laughable and a sign of desperation"..
You don’t really think that....you are not that Stupid....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go back and read my post from this morning about John 5:24. Are you blind? Why don't you ever acknowledge every time I answer your challenge to John 5:24?

It’s what I have+been pointing out for months....it’s PROOF of OSAS....thanks for getting on board! I’m sorry I did not catch it before ( honestly , I kinda ignore a lot of your stuff on here....you are too stiff- Necked to learn anything, being “ self taught” and all....I only post with Newbies in mind ...trying to warn them about “ Lucky Repentance” and now the latest Blasphemy—- one can be Saved ( even Hitler) if they improve their “ character” before they die.....and I thought that I had seen Everything.....congrats, Grail.....I had thought that “ Lucky Repentance” was “the height of ignorance” .....I stand corrected....

Last edited by a moderator:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you preach is a heresy. Except to laugh at, I do not know why they have not kicked you off the forum.

There just MIGHT be an actual Gospel Believer out there that lets me stay here because they know that I know and understand the Bible.....You think a man can be Saved by a “ change in character before he dies”..... it just dies not get any worse than this.....Newbies beware of this Damnable Leaven....

Last edited by a moderator:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's funny how James 2:24 just goes right over your head.
Are you really not able to understand it, or just ignoring it? Which is it?

I don’t know—- flip a coin for all I care....I’ve been through that debate 50 times....I won that debate and I am bored with it....You are deviating from the thread ( or is it “ tread” , lol ) ,why doesn’t Quail try to kick you off.... can you say , “ hypocritical double standard?”

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are terribly misinformed about the judgment to come. No one will be pointing at the blood. Christ will be pointing at your works...if there are any to point to...to see if you love him! Matthew 25:31-46. Why is Andrew Farley and Les Feldick not warning you about this!?

They are too busy warning people about the likes of you—- Those That have the poorly Taught Newbies out there “ Falling From Grace” because they ADD to the Gospel with “ Jesus Saves, BUT you MUST Repent of ALL willful Sins before you die or you go to Hell .Yes, Jesus is certainly ESSENTIAL for Salvation—- He just isn’t ADEQUATE on His own for your Salvation.He needs a “ Helper” .....a “Co- Savior” That will do HIS part.....( that Helper, of course , is YOU) .....God won’t have it....He gets ALL of the Glory , because only He DESERVES all the Glory......Your Pride and your ignorance tells you that YOU deserve a little piece of that “Glory” .....good luck with that.....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible says the born again person can't help but to be good and can't live in sin.

Jesus is pretty much wasting His time being our “Advocate” isn’t he ? Tell God to do away with all of that “Chastising His Children” Baloney.....There just ain’t no Sin out there to Chastise.....

One “ Born Again” Believer wasn’t “good” when he slept with his father’s wife.....that ugly story is in the Bible fir a good reason....it is there to refute your ignorance about Sinning Christians—— they ALL are, to one degree or other ....thank God for His Grace as it covers our sins ( Eternally Speaking) even as we are being punished for them , for our own good....in our earthly lifetimes...

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you can not sin as much as you want, because if you did, you'd be showing that you are not born again:

"...because God’s seed abides in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God. " 1 John 3:9

That is the truth that eludes you. You say that isn't true. You say John is wrong. You say the born again person CAN go on sinning.

You are clinging to a flimsy, unbiblical argument to rationalize and excuse sin. Is it hard for you to be good? The Bible says the born again person can't help but to be good and can't live in sin.

As usual , this real- world super obvious Truth of Life eludes you.....use your common sense, man .....of course anybody *CAN* Sin as much as they want.....is anybody saying it is wise to do that? Is anybody saying you can do that and “ get away with it?” Of course not ! I am just stating FACT.....Man, your shallowness is amazing....

The Secret Of Christianity is NOT God taking men and giving them the “will-power” to suppress the sinful urges that beset all of us.....He gives us NEW HEARTS that do what they want because The Holy Spirit has Transformed our “ WANTS” so that line up with *HIS” wants....
Last weekend I went out and got just as Drunk as I “ Wanted” to......unfortunately for the Bar Owner , I just did not WANT to.....If you Want to do something, Jesus Taught that you are just as guilty as the guy that does it.....Best get your desires transformed .....REST in the Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4 and watch it happen .....

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BloodBought1953 , the promises only apply to present tense believing people, not people who used to believe or never believed. It's right there in your favorite summary of the gospel, 1 Corinthians 15:1-2.

Even the original OSAS teaching in the church taught that only believing people are saved people. And that if you stopped believing it showed that you were never really saved to begin with. That OSAS has been replaced with the new OSAS, the one you subscribe to, where even unbelievers are saved, just as long as they used to believe somewhere in the past.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
@BloodBought1953 , the promises only apply to present tense believing people, not people who used to believe or never believed. It's right there in your favorite summary of the gospel, 1 Corinthians 15:1-2.

Even the original OSAS teaching in the church taught that only believing people are saved people. And that if you stopped believing it showed that you were never really saved to begin with. That OSAS has been replaced with the new OSAS, the one you subscribe to, where even unbelievers are saved, just as long as they used to believe somewhere in the past.
With your position then, this is how it goes. When one is believing today, he is saved today. But tomorrow is a different day. And if he is not believing tomorrow, he is not saved tomorrow. And the day after tomorrow, if he is believing, he is saved that day. And so on and so forth.

Now if it happens that he dies in his bed not believing that day, sorry for him, he is not saved. But if he is believing that day and dies in bed, he is saved.

That is how it goes, according to your position regarding the Christians’ salvation.

Tong
R4531

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With your position then, this is how it goes. When one is believing today, he is saved today. But tomorrow is a different day. And if he is not believing tomorrow, he is not saved tomorrow. And the day after tomorrow, if he is believing, he is saved that day. And so on and so forth.
No. Coming back is not allowed. I believe God is merciful and so mitigating circumstances determine exactly when a person is turned over to the unbelief they have chosen to go back to and aren't allowed to come back. Hebrews 6:4-6. So, ultimately, the person who goes back to stubborn, unrepentant unbelief is eventually not allowed to come back.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
If at all, that choice isn’t made every day.
Only if it needs to be made every day. It depends on if you're presented with the struggle to keep believing that day or not.
Well perhaps if that makes sense to you, to repent unto God and believe in your heart, in Jesus Christ, and firmly believe in the gospel preached by the apostles, everyday, repeatedly, again and again.

Tong2020 said:
One doesn’t get to choose to repent unto God and believe in Jesus Christ, and in the gospel that the apostles preached, every waking day, or do you think otherwise?
All believers walk continually in the God given freedom to either believe or stop believing. They received that freedom when God first called them to repentance and faith in Christ. Only the unbeliever, whom God is not calling, or has stopped calling, is unable to choose to repent and believe.
Now we are not talking about freedom to either believe or not, but the choosing to repent unto God and believe in Jesus Christ, and in the gospel that the apostles preached, every waking day. Unless you want to evade and deflect from that to avoid it altogether.

Tong
R4532

Reactions: BloodBought 1953