Why do you take the risk of eating murdered animals?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hej73

Jul 7, 2021
Smaland
Faith
Christian
Country
Sweden
Perhaps meat eaters will not be punished because they are so brainwashed.
Perhaps evil forces wanted to destroy you spiritually and decided to convince you meat is not murder.

Why are you risking everything for meat when there are so many alternatives? To me that is insane.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps evil forces wanted to destroy you spiritually and decided to convince you meat is not murder.

Why are you risking everything for meat when there are so many alternatives? To me that is insane.
Eating meat isn't a sin.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point is that you can not know that so you are taking a very big risk. My spiritual source told me not to eat meat about 8 years ago.
The bible is full of eating meat. In fact it was probably the original sin that led to meat eating. Then God established the old testament practices of burnt offerings and meat eating. Then Jesus in the new testament gave bread and wine for his body and blood. But we still eat meat as in the old testament practices.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The point is that you can not know that so you are taking a very big risk. My spiritual source told me not to eat meat about 8 years ago.
Your conviction to not eat meat doesn’t mean that others feel the same conviction. God gave people permission to eat meat a long time ago……my son was a vegatarian for quite a few years, and I ended up not eating much meat ….but I have never felt a conviction to cut it out completely. I do understand the dilemma though as the way animals are killed is questionable at times ………..however you would need to offer some scriptural proof for me to consider whether it would affect my salvation as I am not sure you will find any in the New Testament. Rita

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil." Matt 5"37

Or if you believe that more than a "yea" or a "nay" is necessary what of this then?

"Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.
But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat." Gen 9:3-4

And then consider also what Apostle Paul wrote here:

"Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:" Col 2:16

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I would say most MEAT eaters, of which I am, did not get your perspective before eating MEAT.

So, is "your perspective";
'The Brainwashed eat Meat';
"The Brainwashed who eat Meat will be punished";
"Eating Meat first requires the MURDER of an animal";
"Meat is not necessary to consume, because there are other choices to eat" ...
a Personal view or a view based in Scripture?

Curious.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you take the risk of eating murdered animals?

Most animals are too large to swallow whole.
Most of those that are small enough to be swallowed whole, like cockroaches or grubs, are not desirable for food.
The few animals that might be both “food” and small enough to swallow whole (like small mice and goldfish) … well, I find it repugnant and cruel to think about eating them alive.

Personally, I just prefer my animals both dead and cooked before I eat them. ;)
(The risk of NOT killing and cooking them first seems greater).

Why did YOU start this topic?
  1. Concern for food safety?
  2. Private revelation from God?
  3. Working on a Doctoral Thesis?
  4. To sow discord among brethren? (Proverbs 6:16-19)

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Since this post is coming from Sweden it is understandable that you consider meat-eating to be insane.

Actually Sweden itself has gone into insanity, since it turned away from the Gospel and the Bible.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since this post is coming from Sweden it is understandable that you consider meat-eating to be insane.

Actually Sweden itself has gone into insanity, since it turned away from the Gospel and the Bible.

Do they not eat meat there? All I know about Sweden is they produce stellar blonde ladies and death metal was originated there.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do they not eat meat there?
"The issue of how animals are treated in the large-scale meat industry is repeatedly discussed in the Swedish mass media, with demands for change from animal rights organizations directed towards politicians and the meat industry."

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Cause it taste so yummy!

Reactions: Wynona

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I couldn't fathom being a vegetarian or vegan. I like to hunt to eat the animals of the mountains! Elk, deer, bear, antelope etc.

Reactions: marks

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let us not judge one another. As it is written:
Roman 14“Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations. For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs. Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him. Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.”
Read the chapter and understand.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Let us not judge one another.
That of course is addressed to Christians. But Sweden has already turned against Christianity a long time ago.
'We Say No to Everything That Has Any Religious Connotations': Sweden Bans Christian Messages
https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/...ish-officials-ban-christian-messages-for-cars
Refugees: Sweden's Deadly Double Standard against Christians

Sweden Shields 150 ISIS Fighters, but Won't Protect This Christian Asylum Seeker

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Genesis 9:3-4 KJV
3) Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.
4) But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

Meat is not murder.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is your spiritual source?

1 Timothy 4:1-5 KJV
1) Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2) Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
3) Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
4) For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
5) For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

According to this passage, the spirits which command to abstain from meats are seducing spirit, and in fact, all the creatures God made are good for food, received thankfully, having been sanctified according to God's command, and our prayers.

What are your feelings on marriage?

Much love!

Status
Not open for further replies.