Why I'm Not a Theist Anymore

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Neither. It was the part of the gospels that mentioned that Jesus withdrew to lonely places outside, and that his whole ministry was outside. That got me thinking about my dependence on luxuries, and if I could survive outside
I remember seeing The Beatles on Ed Sullivan. Long time ago.
I so wish I'd been raised like my parents were. My dad's dad built a farm from scratch in rural New Brunswick during the great depression.
My other Grampa built a sawmill from scratch and powered it will a stream. There were trout in it and blueberries grew wild. The last time I was there was 50 years ago. I wish they'd stayed there. Cities have proven to be bad for me.

Last edited:

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I remember seeing The Beatles on Ed Sullivan. Long time ago.
I so wish I'd been raised like my parents were. My dad's dad built a farm from scratch in rural New Brunswick during the great depression.
My other Grampa built a sawmill from scratch and powered it will a stream. There were trout in it and blueberries grew wild. The last time I was there was 50 years ago. I wish they'd stayed there. Cities have proven to be bad for me.
It's just belief that causes our societies to collapse. Look at the history of the human race and all the societies they've created. They have either become dust or been conquered by some other group who believes something better.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's just belief that causes our societies to collapse. Look at the history of the human race and all the societies they've created. They are either become dust or been conquered by some other group who believes something better.
Civilizations are built on principles. When those principles are no longer adhered to, society collapses. I'm especially speaking about those who are supposed to keep up the foundations. Oh well!
I understand the frustrations...I used to be an anarchist at heart myself!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Native American Indians are evidence of this. Who can know what the Native Indian's could have added to the human race over that last 500 year's had their culture not been compromised as it was.

But we'll never know.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Civilizations are built on principles. When those principles are no longer adhered to, society collapses. I'm especially speaking about those who are supposed to keep up the foundations. Oh well!
I understand the frustrations...I used to be an anarchist at heart myself!
Ah! But isn't the Anti-Christ something to be believed in? Think about it.

(Sorry, I thought you said Antichrist. My mistake)

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Native American Indians are evidence of this. Who can know what the Native Indian's could have added to the human race over that last 500 year's had their culture wasn't compromised. But we'll never know.
Compromised? It was all but crushed!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Anyone here from Brisbane, Australia.

Maybe we could catch up for coffee, tea.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh, I know those guys...they smile at you and make you feel good, and then when you least expect it, Whammo!
My days of dancing with devils ended long ago! Low-lifes!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Oh, I know those guys...they smile at you and make you feel good, and then when you least expect it, Whammo!
My days of dancing with devils ended long ago! Low-lifes!
Umm? Who are you referring to?

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I'm literally covered mosquito repellent, and they are still getting me.......I wonder if drinking the repellent will work better.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm literally covered mosquito repellent, and they are still getting me.......I wonder if drinking the repellent will work better.
No, no, you don't want to do that! Lol They have a popular repellant in Canada called, "Off!" Sometime it seems more like "On!"

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why did you stop?
I lived alone, being abandoned by the church where all my friends were. I got sick. SMH
After 7 years of living alone, my son got out of jail, quit his life of crime, and we moved in together. Then I got internet.
His reputation and mine, though in our past, has continued to cause the church to shut us out. I guess we're bad for business!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
No, no, you don't want to do that! Lol They have a popular repellant in Canada called, "Off!" Sometime it seems more like "On!"
Do Klingon cloaking shields work? That's all I have at the moment.