Why I'm Not a Theist Anymore

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth OT

Oct 24, 2019
Cypress
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
There is only one valid reason for rejecting Christianity and that is because one can demonstrate that Jesus did not rise from the dead.
The burden of proof is ALWAYS on the one asserting something to be so. In this case, YOU. I do not believe YOUR assertion and you haven't proven YOUR assertion true.
I simply blindly believe in my Lord Savior and the Father God Almighty, I choose not to argue with people who don't believe.
Correction, you BLINDLY believe in what PEOPLE declared about Jesus. Your trust is in THEIR narrative and your personal adaptation of it.

Reactions: bbyrd009

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The burden of proof is ALWAYS on the one asserting something to be so. In this case, YOU. I do not believe YOUR assertion and you haven't proven YOUR assertion true.
Ponder on this my friend . The burden of truth is no burden , it simply sets a soul free .
Though i know what you meant .
You cannot prove to the blind that JESUS is LORD , nor that HE rose from the dead .
EVEN thomas could not be persauded . ALL we can do is point to the truth . They cannot prove to us
we cannot prove to them . Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the glorious word of God .
The carnal mind can never accept the things of GOD . Not me , not you can make a soul believe .
We can plant , we can water , but GOD gives the increase . And if folks reject the truth , then on them that lies .

Truth OT

Oct 24, 2019
Cypress
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
so…i would contemplate the similarity in “no longer a theist” and wrestling with God, likely the same thing?
Doesn't quite fit as one cannot wrestle with the nonexistent. For clarity, I am convinced that the Biblical narratives of deity are FALSE and the god representations therein are NOT based in reality. SO I don't wrestle with God, but rather with the PEOPLE who assert THEIR OPINIONS about deity loosely backed by the Biblical narratives.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
as we just read from TRUTH OT , The carnal mind cannot receive the things of GOD . He cannot see and we cannot prove it to him .
WE can and should try and persuade men . But if they heed not after the first or second time , Gotta leave them to themselves .
Preach the glorious TRUTH OF JESUS and all biblical truth to all that has breath . But know we cannot MAKE them believe .
And never let them silence our voices . And never try and let them tell us HOW we ought to explain the truth .
THE SPIRIT gives us words and use the truth in those bibles to persuade men . Carnal wisdom wins none .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do a TON a unsubstantiated assuming. What you call truth has NOT been demonstrated as such, so calling YOUR theistic perspective truth is disingenuous at best.
Jesus once said why men wont come to him . He said they love sin rather than light .
This too is why many churches as well are in grave danger . For they cannot let go of certain sins
so they end up both learning and preaching ANOTHER jesus . As for me and the lambs , well we gonna cling to the biblical Christ .
If you dont mind me asking . I am of the mindset that you once believed . WHEN you did
do you mind telling me some of your favorite preachers . When you once believed who were some of your favorite preachers .
Its just a simple question . I ask you to kindly answer .

Truth OT

Oct 24, 2019
Cypress
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Jesus once said why men wont come to him .
Not exactly... Someone, a man, wrote alleging Jesus to have said something and you have elected to believe THAT MAN regarding HIS words about Jesus. The reason for believing HIM needs to be substantiated.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Doesn't quite fit as one cannot wrestle with the nonexistent
existence implies “objective evidence,” right?
prolly not the best metric for spirit, imo

For clarity, I am convinced that the Biblical narratives of deity are FALSE and the god representations therein are NOT based in reality
evabody got an opinion i guess, you still gonna serve somebody, apparently. “based in reality” just strikes me as another way to say “exists,” yet we can observe those who “worship” money, or sex, etc eh

SO I don't wrestle with God, but rather with the PEOPLE who assert THEIR OPINIONS about deity loosely backed by the Biblical narratives
ah, and how’s that workin out for ya

You do a TON a unsubstantiated assuming. What you call truth has NOT been demonstrated as such, so calling YOUR theistic perspective truth is disingenuous at best.
i agree, but coming from a guy whose handle is “truth ot” it just kinda loses some punch lol

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not exactly... Someone, a man, wrote alleging Jesus to have said something and you have elected to believe THAT MAN regarding HIS words about Jesus. The reason for believing HIM needs to be substantiated.
Well the reason to believe in HIM is for salvation .
If you dont mind , could you please answer the question i asked . Who were your favorite pastors when you once believed .

Truth OT

Oct 24, 2019
Cypress
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Who were your favorite pastors when you once believed .
Didn't really have favorite famous pastors. I learned from many local preachers, however. For the sake of your question, I'll list some googleable pastors I spent significant time listening to and was able to gleaned info from:

Don K Preston
John Lomacang
Edwin Crozier
Connie W. Adams
Dr. Ray Hagins

Oct 16, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Truth OT and @I.O.U,

Out of curiosity, have either of you read A Case for Christ by Lee Strobel? I was wondering if you have or not. If you haven't, then I'd like to suggest reading his book. I've read it, and I think it's impressive. For the record, I'm not getting involved in this particular debate with either of you. Don't get me wrong, because you're both good at debating the subject. No offense, but I don't feel like chasing my tail. Besides, I think your minds are already made up, and these debates and persistent proselytizing isn't my forte. I simply wanted to ask if you've read that book, and now I'll leave you to it.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Truth OT = Truth Over Tradition
ok well “ot” will obv be read differently, but thats your decision
no offense but “why” is not even really relevant imo, and regardless of any misguided religious persons’ perspective on the matter of “God,” we still use the convention of saying that someone who is greedy for instance is “serving Mammon,” and we might refer to Mammon as “he” or “him” even though he really does not “exist,” so no offense but really all you are likely doing is reaffirming the principle of an unpronounceable “YHWH” (“AEOU,” translated) and “empty room,” which dont get me wrong, i agree with; Yah does not “exist,” as dealt with in the I AM passages even.

or iow Yah does not “exist,” (no “objective evidence” iow) yet here we are talking about “Him,” so really you either gotta reinvent the wheel, basically, or ignore the ones who are referring to an Olde Whyte Guy with a long white beard, white robe, or even do both i guess, but you still would not be able to very easily/concisely answer “why” i dont think?

“Why” dont you have faith in Yah? Bc “He” does not exist? rinse/repeat, see
i also have no faith in any “God” that is postulated on this forum, and really, no one else does either, im pretty sure? I mean we might say we do, or agree at certain points, but really

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn't really have favorite famous pastors. I learned from many local preachers, however. For the sake of your question, I'll list some googleable pastors I spent significant time listening to and was able to gleaned info from:

Don K Preston
John Lomacang
Edwin Crozier
Connie W. Adams
Dr. Ray Hagins
Took only seconds so far . Don k preston , IS FALSE
SO is john lomacang .
I will continue to investiage edwin , connie and ray .
Don is a full preterist . false
John is seven day adventist , also false .
Let me examine the others . ME thinks its just like i thought . I got good news after all of this my friend .
Let me look at the others first .

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you still gonna serve somebody

St Paul famously asked if the reader realized they were a slave to whatever controls you. Profound.

Don't confuse political freedom, which is noble and somewhat achievable, with being metaphysically free. Humans are so hopelessly limited. Scripture puts it this way; we are but a breath to God, a puff of wind; that cannot even create life.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Don K Preston
John Lomacang
Edwin Crozier
Connie W. Adams
Dr. Ray Hagins
My friend . You needed to have learned the real JESUS .
They are not showing you the true JESUS .
I didnt get to investigate all of them . But the ones i did , preached another jesus . That is bad news .
I would not follow those at all .
Get in that bible for yourself and cry aloud unto the glorious LORD .

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: amigo de christo