Why Old Eschatologies Should Be Updated

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exodus 21:6
Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever.

When does "for ever" end in Exodus 21:6?

"If you can't answer. just say so."
2 If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing.
3 If he came in by himself, he shall go out by himself: if he were married, then his wife shall go out with him.
4 If his master have given him a wife, and she have born him sons or daughters; the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out by himself.
5 And if the servant shall plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free:
6 Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever.

for as long as the master lives or the servant lives.. In other words. it can not be broken or revoked.

Is the land of canaan still here or did it fall beneath the ocean waves? and it is no more

Has the blood line of Jacob been defeated so it is no more. or as Paul said in romans 11 is there still a remnant?

as long as this earth remains and as long as the bloodline remains. then the covenant is still binding.. it can not be revoked.

See, I am not afraid to answer. And the very thing you attempted to use to refute me actually proves your wrong..

Next time you should think before you post..

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
for as long as the master lives or the servant lives.
Does the master live for ever?
Does the servant live for ever?

"In other words. it can not be broken or revoked."

Those are your words, not Scripture's.

Next time you should refrain from imposing your malinterpretations on the Word.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"In other words. it can not be broken or revoked."

Those are your words, not Scripture's.

Next time you should refrain from imposing your malinterpretations on the Word.
You should stop. Your making yourself look bad.

youmake every excuse to help de from what God said and did and is doing

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it does not matter what I think

God said they will all be saved, I agree with him.. He knows who they are and where they are.. it is not up to me to determine that..
Nor is it up to me, but Jesus told us not all those who say they are Jews are really Jews (Rev.2:9; Rev.3:9).

And the ten tribe house of Israel that lived in the northern lands, which God made Jeroboam of the tribe of Ephraim king over, never were known as Jews. The false idea that all Israelite have to be Jews is a pop notion from later centuries.

The 3 tribe "house of Judah" in the south at Jerusalem-Judea are the ones who took the name 'Jew', which is derived from the tribe of Judah. This per the Jewish historian Josephus who lived around 100 A.D. When God scattered the northern ten tribe "house of Israel" first, only the Jews of the "house of Judah" were left in the land.

And Jesus said He was not sent but unto the lost sheep of the "house of Israel" (ten tribes). And thus The Gospel of Jesus Christ was shown to have taken hold first by the peoples dwelling in Asia Minor and Europe, exactly where the majority of the ten tribes were scattered to.

So yeah, this matter is important, and God prophesied of it through His prophets in His Word. Just because many don't know about it, and are taught something else, doesn't make it any less important to the true Bible student.

Reactions: Keraz

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you even read my post? I was talking about the NT authors, not the OT authors. I very specifically referenced the New Testament authors. How could you miss that unless you don't read carefully at all? The NT authors knew what they were prophesying about. The days of everything being a mystery were over. Things that were before purposely made a mystery by God in the Old Testament are revealed in the New Testament.

Here's one example of what I'm talking about:

Ephesians 3:1 For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for the sake of you Gentiles—2 Surely you have heard about the administration of God’s grace that was given to me for you, 3 that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly. 4 In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5 which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets. 6 This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

Here is another example:

1 Corinthians 15:51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.
Eph. wasn't a prophesy, it was a revelation of things actually being fulfilled in his day. Yes, this is a prophesy and a fact but Paul was just given the headlines, he doesn't know details of the when, or the how. But the NT authors didn't know exactly what the fulfillments would look like. The most descriptive is Matt. 24, there are a lot of headlines or chapters but the actual facts of much of it, exactly who will be involved, when. where, etc. yes some generalities are given but do you actually think he knew what the future and society and technology would look like and be like when these get fulfilled?? There's no way they could.
When it's time to declare gross falseness against God's Word, it's time, regardless of how a deceiver may feel about it.
None of what you claim was there in any way, it seems like just your understanding of what I actually said might be a little skewed.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nor is it up to me, but Jesus told us not all those who say they are Jews are really Jews (Rev.2:9; Rev.3:9).

And the ten tribe house of Israel that lived in the northern lands, which God made Jeroboam of the tribe of Ephraim king over, never were known as Jews. The false idea that all Israelite have to be Jews is a pop notion from later centuries.

The 3 tribe "house of Judah" in the south at Jerusalem-Judea are the ones who took the name 'Jew', which is derived from the tribe of Judah. This per the Jewish historian Josephus who lived around 100 A.D. When God scattered the northern ten tribe "house of Israel" first, only the Jews of the "house of Judah" were left in the land.

And Jesus said He was not sent but unto the lost sheep of the "house of Israel" (ten tribes). And thus The Gospel of Jesus Christ was shown to have taken hold first by the peoples dwelling in Asia Minor and Europe, exactly where the majority of the ten tribes were scattered to.

So yeah, this matter is important, and God prophesied of it through His prophets in His Word. Just because many don't know about it, and are taught something else, doesn't make it any less important to the true Bible student.
for salvation you are correct

But in Romans 11. the context is Israel (saved and unsaved) vs Gentiles (saved)

And Paul said all Isreal will be saved at a point in time in the future.. he even tells us when

25 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:

“The Deliverer will come out of Zion,
And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;
27 For this is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.”

1. He is warning gentile believers not to be ignorant of the mystery
2. The mystery is there is a partial blindness in Israel (there will be a remnant who are saved)
3. This will continue until the fullness of the gentiles has come (we cave to then determin what this means)
4. At that time, God will turn the ungodliness from Jacob (Israel) and they will ALL repent and they will ALL be saved.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I did answer

You keep doing everything you can to ignore the answer

Do I need help? I think we all do.. But when it comes to eschatology. You need alot of help..
Two simple questions. Here they are again:

Just yes or no. That's all that's necessary.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of what you claim was there in any way, it seems like just your understanding of what I actually said might be a little skewed.
Well, that's... the Jewish thinking anyway, always trying to pump theirself up as elites, even over their own brethren of the other Israelite tribes that were never among them, nor called Jew.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
for salvation you are correct

But in Romans 11. the context is Israel (saved and unsaved) vs Gentiles (saved)

And Paul said all Isreal will be saved at a point in time in the future.. he even tells us when

25 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:

“The Deliverer will come out of Zion,
And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;
27 For this is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.”

1. He is warning gentile believers not to be ignorant of the mystery
2. The mystery is there is a partial blindness in Israel (there will be a remnant who are saved)
3. This will continue until the fullness of the gentiles has come (we cave to then determin what this means)
4. At that time, God will turn the ungodliness from Jacob (Israel) and they will ALL repent and they will ALL be saved.
It was Paul's hope... that all Israel will be saved. One must not forget that Paul also said this, meaning there is a condition for those to be saved...

Rom 11:23
23 And they also,
if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.
KJV