Why The Apostles Repeatedly Disobeyed the Risen Lord

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On each of your posts you have the Shema, but you do not understand it, neither do the unbelieving Jews who recite it daily.

We understand it perfectly. It is you who deliberately confuses ‘one being’ with ‘being at one.’

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We understand it perfectly. It is you who deliberately confuses ‘one being’ with ‘being at one.’

At Deuteronomy 6:4 it tells us it's YHWH who is one or who is our God, when Deuteronomy 6:4 is quoted by Jesus in Mark 12:29. There at Mark 12:29 Jesus is answering the question, which is the greatest commandment. Then Jesus quoted Deuteronomy 6:4 where the divine name is there twice, represented by the four hebrew letters, "YHWH" which some pronounce as, Yaweh and others pronounce it as Jehovah. The point is that Jehovah is our God, that's what it means when the scriptures say Jehovah is one Jehovah we should love Jehovah our God with all our heart, and with all thy soul, and with all our strength.

Reactions: Wrangler

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Wrangler,
The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are Echad but you choose, key word here, choose to reject the commandment of Jehovah.

Everyone, pay attention to the commandment of Jehovah -
Then Moses asked God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is His name?’ What should I tell them?” 14God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’” 15God also told Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The LORD, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’ This is My name forever, and this is how I am to be remembered in every generation.…

If we argue against God and try and tell Him who He is or is not = then we do not believe Him. If we do not believe Him we are the sons of disobedience and subject to His wrath.
Worse mistake anyone can make is to be high minded and start adding too and taking away from God's Word - the penalty for that sin is eternal separation from God.

In the beginning God - Genesis 1:1
In the beginning was the Word - John 1:1

Abraham - Father of Nations
Isaac - Only begotten of the Father
Jacob - Holy Spirit

Jesus is Jehovah = Isaiah 44:6 and Revelations 1:1-8

Christ is the revelation of the trinity

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not sure why I sense hostility from you here.

So tell me then;

What is the name of the Father?

What is the name of the Holy Spirit?

The name of the Father and God of Jesus Christ is, "YHWH," some pronounce these four hebrew letters as, Yaweh, others as Jehovah, others pronounce it differently than these two ways. I've found nowhere in the scriptures that the Holy Spirit has a personal name.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The name of the Father and God of Jesus Christ is, "YHWH," some pronounce these four hebrew letters as, Yaweh, others as Jehovah, others pronounce it differently than these two ways. I've found nowhere in the scriptures that the Holy Spirit has a personal name.

Is the HS divine?

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the HS divine?

If by using the word Divine you're trying to say that the Holy Spirit is a person then I can't agree with that. The Father and God of Jesus is holy, so God's Holy Spirit is holy, but that doesn't make the Holy Spirit a Divine person. If the Holy Spirit was a person who is God then yes the Holy Spirit would be Divine, but although the scriptures personified the Holy Spirit, like Jesus spoke of the holy spirit as a “helper” and spoke of such helper as ‘teaching,’ ‘bearing witness,’ ‘giving evidence,’ ‘guiding,’ ‘speaking,’ ‘hearing,’ and ‘receiving.’ In so doing, the original Greek shows Jesus at times applying the masculine personal pronoun to that “helper." But it's not unusual in the Scriptures for something that is not actually a person to be personalized or personified. Wisdom is personified in the book of Proverbs (1:20-33; 8:1-36); and feminine pronoun forms are used of it in the original Hebrew. Wisdom is also personified at Matthew 11:19 and Luke 7:35, where it is depicted as having both “works” and “children.” The apostle Paul personalized sin and death and also undeserved kindness as “kings.” (Ro 5:14, 17, 21; 6:12) He speaks of sin as “receiving an inducement,” ‘working out covetousness,’ ‘seducing,’ and ‘killing.’ (Ro 7:8-11) Yet it is obvious that Paul did not mean that sin was actually a person.
We have no evidence that the scriptures giving a personal name to the Holy Spirit as it does the Father and God of Jesus and his Only Begotten Son Jesus.

The scriptures refers God’s spirit as his “hands,” “fingers,” or “breath,” so the Bible shows that the holy spirit is not a person. (Exodus 15:8, 10) A craftsman’s hands cannot function independent of his mind and body; likewise, God’s holy spirit operates only as he directs it. (Luke 11:13) The Bible also compares God’s spirit to water and associates it with such things as faith and knowledge. These comparisons all point to the impersonal nature of the holy spirit.—Isaiah 44:3; Acts 6:5; 2 Corinthians 6:6.

As I said before the Bible gives the names to God and to his Son, which is Jesus Christ; yet, nowhere does it name the holy spirit. (Isaiah 42:8; Luke 1:31) When the Christian martyr Stephen was given a miraculous heavenly vision, he saw only two persons, not three. The Bible says: “He, being full of holy spirit, gazed into heaven and caught sight of God’s glory and of Jesus standing at God’s right hand.” (Acts 7:55) The holy spirit was God’s power in action, enabling Stephen to see the vision.
When the apostle John quoted Jesus, he personified the Holy Spirit as a “helper” (paraclete) that would give evidence, guide, speak, hear, declare, glorify, and receive. When he did this he used masculine personal pronouns such as “he” or “him” when referring to that “helper.” (John 16:7-15) He did so because the Greek word for “helper” (pa·raʹkle·tos) is a masculine noun and requires a masculine pronoun according to the rules of Greek grammar. When John referred to the holy spirit using the neuter noun pneuʹma, he used the genderless pronoun “it," at John 14:16, 17.

Reactions: Wrangler

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If by using the word Divine you're trying to say that the Holy Spirit is a person then I can't agree with that. The Father and God of Jesus is holy, so God's Holy Spirit is holy, but that doesn't make the Holy Spirit a Divine person. If the Holy Spirit was a person who is God then yes the Holy Spirit would be Divine, but although the scriptures personified the Holy Spirit, like Jesus spoke of the holy spirit as a “helper” and spoke of such helper as ‘teaching,’ ‘bearing witness,’ ‘giving evidence,’ ‘guiding,’ ‘speaking,’ ‘hearing,’ and ‘receiving.’ In so doing, the original Greek shows Jesus at times applying the masculine personal pronoun to that “helper." But it's not unusual in the Scriptures for something that is not actually a person to be personalized or personified. Wisdom is personified in the book of Proverbs (1:20-33; 8:1-36); and feminine pronoun forms are used of it in the original Hebrew. Wisdom is also personified at Matthew 11:19 and Luke 7:35, where it is depicted as having both “works” and “children.” The apostle Paul personalized sin and death and also undeserved kindness as “kings.” (Ro 5:14, 17, 21; 6:12) He speaks of sin as “receiving an inducement,” ‘working out covetousness,’ ‘seducing,’ and ‘killing.’ (Ro 7:8-11) Yet it is obvious that Paul did not mean that sin was actually a person.
We have no evidence that the scriptures giving a personal name to the Holy Spirit as it does the Father and God of Jesus and his Only Begotten Son Jesus.

The scriptures refers God’s spirit as his “hands,” “fingers,” or “breath,” so the Bible shows that the holy spirit is not a person. (Exodus 15:8, 10) A craftsman’s hands cannot function independent of his mind and body; likewise, God’s holy spirit operates only as he directs it. (Luke 11:13) The Bible also compares God’s spirit to water and associates it with such things as faith and knowledge. These comparisons all point to the impersonal nature of the holy spirit.—Isaiah 44:3; Acts 6:5; 2 Corinthians 6:6.

As I said before the Bible gives the names to God and to his Son, which is Jesus Christ; yet, nowhere does it name the holy spirit. (Isaiah 42:8; Luke 1:31) When the Christian martyr Stephen was given a miraculous heavenly vision, he saw only two persons, not three. The Bible says: “He, being full of holy spirit, gazed into heaven and caught sight of God’s glory and of Jesus standing at God’s right hand.” (Acts 7:55) The holy spirit was God’s power in action, enabling Stephen to see the vision.
When the apostle John quoted Jesus, he personified the Holy Spirit as a “helper” (paraclete) that would give evidence, guide, speak, hear, declare, glorify, and receive. When he did this he used masculine personal pronouns such as “he” or “him” when referring to that “helper.” (John 16:7-15) He did so because the Greek word for “helper” (pa·raʹkle·tos) is a masculine noun and requires a masculine pronoun according to the rules of Greek grammar. When John referred to the holy spirit using the neuter noun pneuʹma, he used the genderless pronoun “it," at John 14:16, 17.

Not God / divine
Not uncreated or eternal
Not a man
Not a person

what else is there???

How is it that He descended from heaven?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is Jesus Divine?

is Jesus the Word of God?

No and no! Words are an attribute of being. Deuteronomy 18:15-18 clearly tells us God will select a man from among the people to put His words into his mouth.

And Jesus tells us he only says what God tells him to say.

We know Jesus is not divine. He tells us in John 17:3 that the Father is the only true God. Paul affirms this in 1 Corinthians 8:6.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not God / divine
Not uncreated or eternal
Not a man
Not a person

what else is there???

How is it that He descended from heaven?

The Holy Spirit is holy because it's from God and belongs to God so as I said the Holy Spirit is holy. Also when you ask the question, "How is it he descended from heaven?" It seems to me you are trying to use the word Divine in regard to the Holy Spirit to mean the Holy spirit is a person because you use the word he in that question. Why would you use the word he in that question? It's true that the scriptures say God's Spirit descended from heaven, but as I've said the Holy Spirit is God's spirit, he directs his spirit in whatever action he wishes. This doesn't make the Holy Spirit a person. There's too many scriptures that show that the Holy Spirit not to be a person.

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Outstanding analysis.

father
Son
HS
All were mentioned

so wrangler I’d the HS divine?

what about a God’s creating Adam by breathing life into him?

John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Only God can be this!

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

new covenant new creation also Jn 20:21:-23
Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No and no! Words are an attribute of being. Deuteronomy 18:15-18 clearly tells us God will select a man from among the people to put His words into his mouth.

And Jesus tells us he only says what God tells him to say.

We know Jesus is not divine. He tells us in John 17:3 that the Father is the only true God. Paul affirms this in 1 Corinthians 8:6.

how did he come down from heaven then?

is the HS divine?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You MUST believe in the most holy trinity!

one God in three divine persons

anything else is heresy condemned by the holy apostolic councils
Acts 2:42

to reject the church founded by Christ on the apostles or her teaching is to reject Christ, to reject Christ is to reject God!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
do is Jesus divine?

The scriptures show that Jesus has the fullness of
Divine quality dwelling in Jesus.The Greek word translated
Divine Quality is, "the·oʹtes," and some translations
translate this Greek word as, "Godhead or deity,"
trying to make out that it's the person of God being
discussed rather than the scriptural context which is the
Quality of the person being discussed. So just because
Jesus has the Divine Quality or Divine Nature in him
doesn't mean God literally dwells in Jesus nor does it
make Jesus God.
The simple fact is the scriptures show that whatever
fullness there is in Jesus it's because it pleased the Father,
or it was God’s own choice, this fullness be in his Only Begotten Son.
No one made the choice for the Only True God to have Divine Nature
The True God has always had Divine Nature because he is the Only True God
the creator of all things and the source of all life.