Will there be or is there a need for a future Messianic age?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A wrap up of sorts, zero excuses. Meaning, Observe history of manKind.
* ManKIND created and made, very good.
* ManKIND put in Gods Garden.
* God IN the Garden...and
* ManKIND Told good, Offered good, Good available for the taking, Warned of not good, Warned of consequences for choices.
* Evil also in the garden...and
* The freewill of manKIND revealed, encouraged, (choose taking, rejecting, choose eats, choose names, etc.)

* manKINDS design, created (dust form) with TWO ears.
* manKINDS receipt, made (soul breathed in) for TWO ears to HEAR.

Metaphor...which ear to listen, hear, ponder, choose, accept, reject...

Review History,
~ men could not SEE God, complain.
~ men Taught About God, complained they could not see Him.
~ men Taught Gods Word of what shall come to pass, complained it took to long to come to pass.
~ some men Freely patient, others impatient.
~ men complain God allows evil
~ men complain God has power to MAKE all believe, but doesn’t.
~ men complain God so mean, B-cuz, loved ones sick, die young, etc.
~ God sends His Word, men complain, not how THEY wanted/ expected.
~ men want a paradise earth, good only, needs fulfilled for all, etc.

Get the Picture?

Every step for every terrestrial manKIND of thing, regardless of race, gender, location, etc. all individually are the same...begin as babes;
learn what they desire, believe what they desire; experience the wondering, complaining, doubting, following....and land on their individual Choosing....Accept and Commit or Reject....
this ear or that ear.

From beginning to ending...men ARE DIVIDED.
In the LAST DAYS....of Mortal manKIND...like men throughout history have heard, wondered, waited for things come to pass, hoped for a paradise earth......AND observed TID BITS.....(previews, so to speak)...wars, wild weather, devastation, healthy, sickness, giving, taking, rich, poor, hungry, full, etc.

END OF DAYS of mortal man is coming....BUT before that happens...
There IS ONE LAST thing for world at large of manKIND to get a glimpse of BEFORE it comes to pass...

Just as manKIND has had “previews” of peace, calm and plenty...and “previews” of war, calamity and sparse...

IMO the Last Days shall be A preview of a paradise earth...
Lord God with men, And ONLY GOOD teaching, men living together in peace, plenty of needs for everyone, Evil does not exist on Earth, kings of nations sit in honored seats conducting business of the nations people honorably, upright and just....
TO START....with a pre-established Time frame...AND...an ALREADY known ENDING....
...with the Presence of Good ONLY, plenty for all, joy and peace, VOID of Evil........THAT freewill thingy....WILL reveal itself over the course of Time.....OF manKIND’s ability to Carnally THINK, IMAGINE, PONDER the RESULTS to ACT on their Carnal THOUGHTS of GREED to accumulate, Possessions OF others, Power OVER others.....
...AND...imo, Nothing new. God IS Just. He fulfills the desires of mens hearts. Want to BE with God...it will be. Want to BE without God, it will be.
...AND...per the already established TIME frame of 1,000 years, Evil Satan shall be loosed, and again influence the Nations (people there of), WHO are carnally pondering wicked greed of oppressing others to fill their desires....and Satan will be ready to Lead them. Whispering in willing ears and giving confidence built on lies...
...That is my perspective...everyone gets what they desire....and the thing is, this is Gods World, He created For men who choose Him...and all others will be removed, once and forever.

So take away the devil and everything will be perfect? No that's not how it works men are evil all by themselves.

God wants us to choose Him even when evil abounds that's our purpose now.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said any of that happened what I said was that Jesus fulfilled the purpose for the temple that’s why God had it destroyed as it wasn’t needed anymore.

Luke 81:31
Jesus took the Twelve aside and told them, “We are going up to Jerusalem, and everything that is written by the prophets about the Son of Man will be fulfilled.

Luke 19:41-44
41 As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it 42 and said, “If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace—but now it is hidden from your eyes. 43 The days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side. 44 They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.”
You are still missing the point. You said the 1,000 years were all fulfilled the week of the Cross. If that is not what you meant, why mention 1,000 years in your quote?

No one even knew about the 1,000 years until John wrote about it years later in Revelation 20. So Jesus did not fulfill the 1,000 years, because they are future.

No I never mentioned that in my post it didn’t even come to my mind. My point is that there isn’t a need or purpose for a future 1000 years. Jesus already fulfilled it all.

That is what you posted.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So take away the devil and everything will be perfect? No that's not how it works men are evil all by themselves.

And...that scenario only lasts one thousand years, then Satan is loosed, influences mortals, comes again Jesus’ Kingdom, men killed, Satan sentenced, bound to the bottomless pit. Men face Judgement.

[QUOTE ] God wants us to choose Him even when evil abounds that's our purpose now.[/QUOTE]

Of course. God has and Order and Way from the beginning to the ending. And that is what I was addressing in brief.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are still missing the point. You said the 1,000 years were all fulfilled the week of the Cross. If that is not what you meant, why mention 1,000 years in your quote?

No one even knew about the 1,000 years until John wrote about it years later in Revelation 20. So Jesus did not fulfill the 1,000 years, because they are future.

That is what you posted.

What I am saying is that the 1000 years are a current reality. What I was saying in the OP is that Jesus fulfilled the purpose and the need for a temple and messianic age

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry Scott, but the ancient hope of the saints going back at least as far as Job, is the physical resurrection of our bodies and as Paul clarifies, freed from sin.
That explanation is not "rightly dividing the word of truth" between what is true of those who died before salvation came, and those who came after. Which, indeed, makes Israel "the dead in Christ" for having served but died in their sins. Nonetheless, it was for the house of Israel who Christ first came for, and therefore, why He descended into the heart of the earth that they too might be saved. These are those "who being first were last", but who proceed us because Jesus first descended before ascending.

So, yes, they are raised up in the way they hoped for--but "in Him" who walked forty more days in the flesh representing that lifetime of days that were shorted according to the grace of God that those who died in the flesh might be saved. As it is written:

Matthew 24:22
And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.​

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I am saying is that the 1000 years are a current reality. What I was saying in the OP is that Jesus fulfilled the purpose and the need for a temple and messianic age
The here and now is not necessary either, since all was finished at the Cross.

Explain why the current 1992 years is better than a future 1,000 years, since neither are necessary to you?

Everyone knows the Cross was the completed work. Has it ever occurred to you all Amil, that God is not finished populating the earth. You all think this earth does not need any more people with that logic. Time is not about the finished Atonement. Time is about having a population that has been covered by the Atonement.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That explanation is not "rightly dividing the word of truth" between what is true of those who died before salvation came, and those who came after. Which, indeed, makes Israel "the dead in Christ" for having served but died in their sins. Nonetheless, it was for the house of Israel who Christ first came for, and therefore, why He descended into the heart of the earth that they too might be saved. These are those "who being first were last", but who proceed us because Jesus first descended before ascending.

So, yes, they are raised up in the way they hoped for--but "in Him" who walked forty more days in the flesh representing that lifetime of days that were shorted according to the grace of God that those who died in the flesh might be saved. As it is written:

Matthew 24:22
And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.​
The Apostle Paul spoke quite a bit about the hope of the resurrection and he wasn't an Old Testament saint. I'll pray that the Lord opens the eyes of your spirit.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Apostle Paul spoke quite a bit about the hope of the resurrection and he wasn't an Old Testament saint. I'll pray that the Lord opens the eyes of your spirit.
You have not "rightly divided" his words.

Paul was born and lived much of his life before salvation came. He was a Jew of the old Israel, and on the cusp between "the dead in Christ" and "the living in Christ." The words he wrote, were a mix that needed to be "rightly divided", as he said:

For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; 20 and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those who are without law; 22 to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. 1 Corinthians 9:19-22
Which, I have indeed spiritually discerned with open eyes. Therefore, I shall rather pray for you, who purposes to correct the Spirit.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have not "rightly divided" his words.

Paul was born and lived much of his life before salvation came. He was a Jew of the old Israel, and on the cusp between "the dead in Christ" and "the living in Christ." The words he wrote, were a mix that needed to be "rightly divided", as he said:

For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; 20 and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those who are without law; 22 to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. 1 Corinthians 9:19-22
Which, I have indeed spiritually discerned with open eyes. Therefore, I shall rather pray for you, who purposes to correct the Spirit.
I correct the Spirit of Antichrist all the time. You follow the spirit of error, but it is strong deception and grips pretty much everyone in your kingdom of darkness. Believe the gospel and pray to receive the Spirit of Christ. He has the power to cast your spirit out.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I correct the Spirit of Antichrist all the time. You follow the spirit of error, but it is strong deception and grips pretty much everyone in your kingdom of darkness. Believe the gospel and pray to receive the Spirit of Christ. He has the power to cast your spirit out.
Quoting you for the record.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The here and now is not necessary either, since all was finished at the Cross.

Explain why the current 1992 years is better than a future 1,000 years, since neither are necessary to you?

Everyone knows the Cross was the completed work. Has it ever occurred to you all Amil, that God is not finished populating the earth. You all think this earth does not need any more people with that logic. Time is not about the finished Atonement. Time is about having a population that has been covered by the Atonement.

I don't think that the current 1992 years are better than a future 1000 years I just think that they are the same time.

I have no idea why you think that I think God is not finished populating the earth or why you think that I think this earth does not need any more people.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think that the current 1992 years are better than a future 1000 years I just think that they are the same time.

I have no idea why you think that I think God is not finished populating the earth or why you think that I think this earth does not need any more people.
You have cut the last 3 days of this world down to only 2. The Millennium is not for us humans. The Millennium is for God's creation the way God intended it to be.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Michaelvpardo said,
"All the host of heaven shall be dissolved, And the heavens shall be rolled up like a scroll; All their host shall fall down As the leaf falls from the vine, And as fruit falling from a fig tree." Isaiah 34:4 [/QUOTE\]

If you're using this scripture to teach that the literal heavens, whether they be the blue sky we look up and see, or the heaven which is outer space, where our sun exists and all the other stars and planets and moons, or the heaven where God and the angels live. I don't agree that the scripture at Isaiah 34:4 is speaking of any of these heavens.

The context that Isaiah 34:4 is in, is that the prophet Isaiah was inspired by God or anointed Isaiah to speak out against ungodly nations. He was summarizing divine condemnation against these ungodly nations.

Scripture teaches us that this world we live in, which is ruled by Satan, is a wicked world and the true God YHWH(Jehovah) has a controversy with all segments of this wicked or ungodly world which is ruled by Satan.

The true God YHWH(Jehovah) describes the dark outlook for the ungodly nations of this wicked world ruled by Satan at Isaiah 34:2,3, which is a complete contrast to the bright hope of the true God YHWH(Jehovah) people, which is described later at Isaiah 35:1-10.
In Bible prophecy worldly nations or governments are sometimes pictured as mountains. YHWH God(Jehovah) spiritual organization is even viewed as a mountain. Revelations 17:9; Daniel 2:35, 44, 45

Also in Bible, the word heaven is used or represents rulership. Heavens can represent the true God YHWH sovereign position. That's why at Daniel 4:25,26 when it comes to the experience that Nebuchadnezzar had, he would know that it was the heavens are ruling.
But aside from heaven having reference to the supreme sovereign, the term heavens can also refer to other ruling powers that are exalted or lifted up above their subject peoples. The dynasty Babylonian kings that Nebuchadnezzar represented is described at Isaiah 14:12 as being starlike, a shining one, son of dawn.

So Satan and his demons and all human governments can refer to heavens, so when Isaiah 34:4 says, "the host of heaven shall be dissolved, And the heavens shall be rolled up like a scroll; All their host shall fall down As the leaf falls from the vine, And as fruit falling from a fig tree." It's talking about this wicked world which has Satan and his demons ruling over all the human governments of this wicked world.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Claim 1
Im not making excuses for them that was the reason they used. Of course they wanted to kill Him for other reasons

Most likely, you don't understand who those blind scribes and Pharisees that wanted to murder Jesus really were. In Rev.2:9 and Rev.3:9 Lord Jesus commented about the 'false Jews' that only claim... to be Jews, but are not, and are the "synagogue of Satan". That "synagogue of Satan" title is not simply about unbelieving Jews. It's about Christ's enemies that began creeping in among the tribe of Judah long ago, as written in Judges 2 & 3, Ezra 2 and Ezra 9, 1 Kings 9 about the Canaanites and Nethinim temple servants. Those were leftovers of the nations of Canaan that God commanded the children of Israel to destroy, and they failed to destroy them all. So God said He would leave them among Israel to 'test' them with.

This is why in John 8 Lord Jesus revealed those couldn't 'hear' Him, nor The Father, because they were of the devil.

In Acts 5, when the Jewish elders and chief priests commanded that Peter and the Apostles stop preaching The Gospel, and Peter and the Apostles refused, certain ones among the Jews sought to slay the Apostles. But Gamaliel, a Pharisee and doctor of law, came to their aid and said to leave the Apostles alone. Also Nicodemus of John 3. He was a Pharisee also, and he came to Jesus in secret, and even aided in the spices for Jesus' burial. So not all the Pharisees were among those false crept in Canaanites that were claiming to be Jews, but lied and were not, but are the "synagogue of Satan".

Now the scribes of Israel, per 1 Chronicles 2:55, were of the Kenites, a people from the land of Canaan per Genesis 15. Thus the very ones in charge of keeping God's Word in letters from generation to generation were actually foreigners of the Canaanite peoples. And that is why many of the scribes sided with the false Jew Pharisees that wanted to kill Lord Jesus.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Claim 2
I don’t even know why you even mentioned that you even admitted that it is true.

Here is what Jesus said about it and what the Jews thought

Luke 19:41-44
41 As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it 42 and said, “If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace—but now it is hidden from your eyes. 43 The days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side. 44 They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.”

Maybe you missed the pointers that Lord Jesus gave early on about the false Jew Pharisees that early on sought somewhat against Him?

Matt 3:7
7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
KJV

Already, those false Jews of the "synagogue of Satan" were prodding Lord Jesus to try and find something against Him so as to deliver Him up. I really fail to understand how anyone could miss all that when reading The Gospel Books.

So NO, the false Jews didn't WAIT until Jesus proclaimed to be God in order to find something to deliver Him up, they sought against Him from the start... of His Ministry. And the only reason they failed earlier to crucify Him was because when they sought to lay hold of Him, Jesus got away (Luke 4:24-28; John 10:39; John 11:54).

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will there be or is there a need for a future Messianic temple age?

What is the Jewish belief in Moshiach or the Messiah?

One of the principles of Jewish faith enumerated by Maimonides is that one day there will arise a dynamic Jewish leader, a direct descendant of the Davidic dynasty, who will rebuild the Temple in Jerusalem, and gather Jews from all over the world and bring them back to the Land of Israel.

All the nations of the world will recognize Moshiach to be a world leader, and will accept his dominion. In the messianic era there will be world peace, no more wars nor famine, and, in general, a high standard of living.

All mankind will worship one God, and live a more spiritual and moral way of life. The Jewish nation will be preoccupied with learning Torah and fathoming its secrets.

The coming of Moshiach will complete God’s purpose in creation: for man to make an abode for God in the lower worlds—that is, to reveal the inherent spirituality in the material world.

Christians already know that Jesus is the Jewish Messiah but why was He rejected? .

There are two reasons why the Jews didn’t accept Jesus as the Messiah one being that they expected the Messiah to deliver them from human bondage and rule of Rome and set up a physical messianic temple kingdom in Jerusalem but what exactly is the messianic temple age or kingdom?

In Abrahamic religions , the Messianic Age is the future period of time on Earth in which the Messiah will reign and bring universal peace and brotherhood
, without any evil . Many believe that there will be such an age; some refer to it as the consummate " kingdom of God " or the " world to come ".

The other reason the Jews rejected Jesus is because He claimed to be God. The Jews don’t believe that the Messiah is God thus they didn't realize that the Messiah and God are one. The Jews are not looking for the Messiah to deliver them from their sins only to deliver them from human rule and bondage and set up the messianic kingdom but what Jesus did was far greater He being God paid the price by His sacrifice on the cross and saved them from their sins.

It wasn’t a blasphemy to claim to be the Messiah in Jesus’ day but it was blasphemy to claim to be God and this is the reason that the Pharisees sentenced Jesus to death when He claimed to be the Son of man from Daniel 7:13-14 during His trial thus claiming that He and the Father are one.

If Jesus already fulfilled the purpose for the sacrificial temple age through the cross is there really a need for a future messianic sacrificial temple age?

Why would God still impose a messianic temple age which only pointed to Jesus if Jesus already fulfilled its purpose?

This is the main reason why I don't believe in a future messianic thousand year temple age or even a future third temple as there is no need or purpose for it as it would only push the non believing Jews further away from Jesus.

WPM has just made a wonderful Christian statement towards unity and friendship between those of different opinions, and I have nothing but respect for him for doing that. And I don't wish to risk being provocative in a time of friendship. I know already that we are friends, despite our differences on the Millennium. But here we go....

I think your explanation for Jewish rejection of Jesus is spot on, and well said. Perhaps we are in such agreement because I have similar views to your Partial Preterism. We both feel that the Romans played a central role in this conversation. The Jews thought they would obtain deliverance from Rome, the "4th Kingdom" of Dan 7. But Jesus failed to bring that deliverance, instead choosing to suffer the sins of Israel at the worst time in their history.

Jesus in fact said the Romans would bring this destruction "in this generation," as we read in his Olivet Discourse. Then Jesus indicated that great tribulation would erupt for the Jewish people in the form of exile, threatening their very extinction as a people.

This is where we may differ. You may think that the great tribulation of the Jewish People was in fact their destruction, or at the very least, a transition to the Church age, leaving Jewish tradition behind.

I actually believe that Jewish tradition about Messiah was correct, that he would bring a final deliverance and a final regathering for the Jewish People. It's just that, as you say, he had to die first, punish Israel, and then regather them after the whole world has had the same chance that the Jews had.

To answer your question, then, I think the purpose of a future Kingdom is to restore the Jewish People, and to bring peace for all the Christian nations on earth. I do believe, however, that the faithful saints of the past and present ages will be regathered simultaneous to the gathering of the Jews, and will be given to rule over the world.

Don't ask me how this all works out, with Jesus simultaneously gathering the Jews and gathering the saints for glory! I don't know, and don't have it all figured out. This is just my current opinion.

Thanks for your tolerance, brother. You are an exemplary Christian in my book, and differences of opinions and differing speculations don't matter half as much as living for Christ. Thank you! I welcome your comments and arguments, Semi-Preterist or Amillennial. :)

DavidTaylor

Sep 4, 2022
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Randy Kluth said:
I think the purpose of a future Kingdom is to restore the Jewish People
But Randy, Jesus has now already provided the way to restore the Jewish people, and has been restoring them, and continues to restore them.

There is no postponement for their restoration, they only need to follow Peter’s instruction to them that he gave all the house of Israel, and their children, and all who would come after them after Pentecost.

Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and they said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.” Acts 2:36

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are now in a Messianic age. The scriptures show us that
soon after Adam and Eve sinned, YHWH God gave hope to their descendants by means of a remarkable prophecy. What he said is recorded at (Genesis 3:15).

The prophecy appears in the first book of the Bible. But in one way or another, all the other books of the Bible relate to it. Genesis 3:15 binds the content of every book of the Bible into one united message, namely, that a Deliverer would be sent to destroy the Devil and all his wicked followers.

The characters in the account recorded at Genesis 3:14, 15 include a “serpent,” the “offspring” of the serpent, a “woman,” and the “offspring” of the woman. The Bible helps us to identify each of them. Let's start with “the serpent.” A literal snake could not have understood what YHWH God said in the garden of Eden. So the object of YHWH God's judgment must have been an intelligent creature. Revelation 12:9 leaves no doubt on this matter. There “the original serpent” is clearly identified as Satan the Devil. Who make up the offspring of the serpent?

When the Bible speaks of offspring in a figurative sense, it is referring to those who think and act like their symbolic father. So the offspring of the serpent is made up of spirit creatures and humans who, like Satan, resist YHWH God and oppose His people. That would include the angels in heaven who became Satan's demons as well as wicked humans who behave like their father the Devil.(John 8:44; 1 John 5:19; Jude 6)

Let us identify “the woman.” She could not have been Eve. Consider just one reason. The prophecy states that the offspring of the woman would “crush” the serpent’s head. As we just discussed, the serpent is the spirit creature Satan, and no imperfect human offspring of Eve’s would have the ability to crush him. Something more was needed.

The identity of the woman mentioned at Genesis 3:15 is revealed in the last book of the Bible. (Revelation 12:1, 2, 5, 10.) This is no ordinary woman! She has the moon at her feet and a crown of 12 stars on her head. She gives birth to a most unusual child, the Kingdom of God. The Kingdom is heavenly, so the woman also is heavenly. She represents the heavenly part of YHWH God's organization made up of his faithful spirit creatures.(Galatians 4:26)

The scriptures also helps us to identify the primary offspring of the woman. This offspring was to be a natural descendant of Abraham. (Genesis 22:15-18.) True to the prophecy, Jesus was a direct descendant of that faithful patriarch. (Luke 3:23, 34) But the offspring would have to be more than a human because he was to crush Satan the Devil out of existence. Accordingly, when Jesus was about 30 years old, he was anointed as the spirit-begotten Son of God. At his anointing, Jesus became the primary part of the offspring of the woman. (Galatians 3:16) After Jesus’ death and resurrection, God “crowned him with glory and honor” and gave him “all authority in heaven and on the earth,” including the authority “to break up the works of the Devil.”(Hebrew 2:7; Matthew 28:18; 1 John 3:8)

But there would be a secondary part of the offspring. The apostle Paul identified this part of the offspring when he told both Jewish and Gentile anointed Christians: “If you belong to Christ, you are really Abraham’s offspring, heirs with reference to a promise.” (Gal. 3:28, 29) When YHWH God anoints a Christian with holy spirit, that person becomes part of the offspring of the woman. So the offspring is made up of Jesus Christ and his 144,000 corulers. (Rev. 14:1) All of these reflect the spirit of their Father, YHWH God.

According to the prophecy of Genesis 3:15, the serpent would strike the woman’s offspring “in the heel.” That was fulfilled when Satan incited the Jews and the Romans to put the Son of God to death. (Luke 23:13, 20-24) Just as a literal heel wound can temporarily cripple someone, Jesus’ death temporarily put him out of action and he lay lifeless in the grave for parts of three days.(Matthew 16:21)

Jesus didn't remain in the grave, because according to the prophecy, the offspring would crush the serpent’s head. This meant that Jesus would need to recover from his heel wound. So on the third day after his death, Jesus was resurrected as an immortal spirit creature. In God’s due time, Jesus will crush Satan out of existence. (Hebrew 2:14) Those who will rule with Christ will share in ridding the earth of all of God’s enemies, the offspring of the serpent.(Revelation 17:14; 20:4

Christians today are benefiting from the fulfillment of this prophecy. Jesus came to earth as a man. He has perfectly reflected his Father’s personality. (John 14:9) So through him we have come to know and love YHWH God. We have also benefited from Jesus’ teachings and his guidance as he directs the Christian congregation today. He has taught us how to live in a way that will help us to gain YHWH God's approval. And we all can benefit from Jesus’ death, the bruising of his heel. When Jesus was resurrected, he offered the value of his blood as a perfect sacrifice that “cleanses us from all sin.”(1 John 1:7)

The words that YHWH God pronounced in Eden implied that some time would pass before the complete fulfillment of the prophecy. It would take time for the woman to produce the promised offspring, for the Devil to gather his followers, and for enmity (or, hatred) to develop between the two groups. We benefit from knowing about the prophecy because it warns us that the world controlled by Satan will hate worshippers of YHWH God. Jesus later gave his disciples a similar warning. (Mark 13:13; John 17:14).

When the times of the gentiles ended in 1914, Jesus stood up and began ruling in the midst of his enemies, Jesus casted Satan out of heaven. He is now confined to the vicinity of the earth, awaiting his destruction. (Revelation 12:9, 12) But he is not waiting passively. Satan is desperate and furious, venting his anger on God’s people. (Revelation 12:13, 17)
We can have complete confidence in YHWH God because much of the prophecy recorded at Genesis 3:15 has already been fulfilled.

Genesis 3:15 is now undergoing fulfillment. The offspring of the woman and the offspring of the serpent have been clearly identified. Jesus, the primary part of the offspring of the woman, recovered from his heel wound and is now a glorious, immortal King. The selection of those making up the secondary part of the offspring is nearing completion. Because the first part of the prophecy has been fulfilled, we have every reason to be confident that the final part, the crushing of the serpent’s head, will also come true. That will be a relief for faithful mankind when Satan comes to his end! Through the offspring of the woman, he will bring countless blessings to “all nations of the earth.”(Genesis 22:18)