With So Many Denominations...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You're really not actually addressing my point.
I'm serious in my question... What do you mean by "righteous" in context to your question, are only the righteous persecuted? When considering the malevolence of Satan toward the church in the final days, and the war against the "remnant", what is it about that remnant that makes him hate them so much?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm serious in my question... What do you mean by "righteous" in context to your question, are only the righteous persecuted? When considering the malevolence of Satan toward the church in the final days, and the war against the "remnant", what is it about that remnant that makes him hate them so much?
Except not only the righteous are persecuted. That's just a statement of fact.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The fallen angels had no excuse. They Gazed upon the glory of God unfiltered. If they had an excuse, why were they cast out of Heaven with Lucifer? If they had an excuse, do they still have one now? Why was there a lake of fire prepared for the devil and his angels?
Okay fair enough. Excuse suggests a lessening of culpability, and that wasn't my intent. I guess a better word would be explanation. They were deceived. The "traffic" and"merchandise" spoken of by Isaiah that was Lucifers modus operandi could be likened to politicking and/or slander. The lies of Lucifer must have touched on areas never before considered regarding God's character and His ability to rule in righteousness and justice. Lucifer managed to convince a large portion of the population that God wasn't fit to rule, thus sparkinga revolution and an attempt at change of government. So, while not excusable, I think explainable. But Lucifer himself, he has no excuse certainly, but neither is there any explanation for his rebellion. Thus why it's called the 'mystery of iniquity' I suppose.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Except not only the righteous are persecuted. That's just a statement of fact.
I cannot answer that because you still haven't explained to me what you mean by the word "righteous". Until I know what you mean by that term I can't link it to any group of people therefore cannot answer your question as to who is being persecuted or not.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I cannot answer that because you still haven't explained to me what you mean by the word "righteous". Until I know what you mean by that term I can't link it to any group of people therefore cannot answer your question as to who is being persecuted or not.
You’re being purposely dense.

Example: Jews, who deny Christ as the Savior, have been systematically persecuted by people claiming Christ for centuries.

Does that make Jewish denial of Christ right?

Reactions: Pathfinder7

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Example: Jews, who deny Christ as the Savior, have been systematically persecuted by people claiming Christ for centuries.

Perhaps from their perspective.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I do heavily believe that:

1) A person should seek answers for themselves through the guidance of the Holy Ghost.

2) Remember what the core of being a Christian is: faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. That's the most important thing. All other things are of lesser importance, and some things have zero practical importance.

3) Regardless of different denominations or views, we should all treat each other with respect and support one another on their walk with Christ.
Hi, Jane. I heavily agree with you.

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

So you are saying, according to your definition of righteous, that Jews aren't righteous? Prior to the Vietnam war, Buddhists were persecuted by the government in South Vietnam, then Catholics were persecuted by communists after the war. Hutu and Tutsi persecuted one another for years before the uprising in Rwanda, there are religious and cultural conflicts all over the world that could be designated in a sense as persecution, but JD, that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about a final all out no holds barred no rules open war being declared in the final remnant church before Christ comes. Yes, it has everything to do with being righteous, but likely not in the sense you are thinking. And the future event or situation I'm referring to is nothing like the persecutions of previous times, not even of the Jews.
KJV Revelation 12
12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

KJV Revelation 13
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
KJV Daniel 7
25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

I'm still curious concerning your definition of righteousness, but if you prefer to stay mum, all good.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Update: I'm afraid I haven't made myself very clear. My intentions were to provoke critical/analytical thought harnessed by Scripture--not to solicit personal suggestions per se (not that I couldn't use some, of course). With all of the bright hearts and minds I've encountered so far, in the end we all go away with some useful knowledge.
------------------------------------------------
With all the many Christian denominations and sects out there, how can one know which one is closest to teaching the truth about Jesus and the Gospel, especially if they all claim to be arriving at truth through basically the same method?

And to those who would answer that it doesn't matter because we must arrive at the truth on our own:

a) Who, honestly, actually does that? We're all influenced by teachers to some degree, and we're affected by our environment, experiences, upbringing and, most hopefully, the Holy Spirit, Himself. And doesn't the Bible Itself even suggest that at least some or most of us have to be taught?; and

b) If we're cautioned not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together, especially near the end of time (and if we aren't close now I don't even want to imagine what "close" looks like), is it really God's will that we should have no place to go on a regular basis to meet and worship with others who believe as we do?

I've noticed that when people fiercely protect a doctrine, it's usually one that seems to have (seemingly) conflicting evidence even from the Bible alone.

If it seems like I'm encouraging skepticism, nothing could be further from the truth.

I'm looking for practical, critically-reasoned, non-canned answers to real problems (real, at least, as I see it).

I woke up one day when I was 23 years old and realized that I just believed what my family believed about God. A, B, C, 1, 2, 3--right down the line.

I believe Christians ought to believe the same thing about how Jesus saves us and what, if anything, we owe Him. I believe the Bible predicts it. But I don't believe we should treat each other unkindly while working toward the unity of the faith.

The Information age has produced a multi-generational group of ultra-sensitive (non)communicators.

I'm hoping this community proves to be the exception to the rule. I'm confident that by God's grace it will.
@BarnyFife

With all the many Christian denominations and sects out there, how can one know which one is closest to teaching the truth about Jesus and the Gospel, especially if they all claim to be arriving at truth through basically the same method?
Know what they preach. Is it the gospel that the apostles preached or is a different gospel? Know as well of their preaching of Jesus, if they preaches another Jesus whom the apostles had not preached. And to do that, you have to search the Scriptures to find that out.

a) Who, honestly, actually does that? We're all influenced by teachers to some degree, and we're affected by our environment, experiences, upbringing and, most hopefully, the Holy Spirit, Himself. And doesn't the Bible Itself even suggest that at least some or most of us have to be taught?; and
That's right, we do have a lot of things that influence and affects us. But the Christian, more than the non Christian, have experience and relationship with God. Most of all, he have faith, the faith of Jesus Christ. And he may be taught by other Christians, pastors perhaps, but his true teacher is really the Holy Spirit.

b) If we're cautioned not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together, especially near the end of time (and if we aren't close now I don't even want to imagine what "close" looks like), is it really God's will that we should have no place to go on a regular basis to meet and worship with others who believe as we do?
It's for our good for sure, that we have fellowship.

I believe Christians ought to believe the same thing about how Jesus saves us and what, if anything, we owe Him. I believe the Bible predicts it. But I don't believe we should treat each other unkindly while working toward the unity of the faith.
Agree.

Tong
R0987

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't agree since I think Revelation predicts seven types of churches. I expect errors to exist. We may be carried off by pride if we read the New Testament and think Jews were incredibly stupid while we are so much more superior. If God struck them with blindness, why wouldn't He also strike Christians with various types of blindness? Look around: See the confusion, surely it is so.

What we need, God will provide. If we have a particular spiritual failing, I think God will provide the right church for us. That can take the form of chastising. It could even mean being trapped in a cult for some time. We may have to suffer and suffer until we say, "Enough! I know this can't be right." If we can discern what attracted us to false teachings in the first place, we have discovered our own weakness.

Proverbs 3:11 My son, despise not the chastening of the Lord; neither be weary of his correction:
12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.
13 Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.

Do we not all start off in the confusion of Babylon? Some may want to say the Catholic Church is Babylon; but I say the confusion has increased as denominations increased. If Catholics are Babylon, how much more so are Protestants.

Who can read, hear and then obey the following?

Revelation 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Do we not all start with the harlot as our mother? What happens after people come out of the harlot? The Holy City, the Bride of Christ, appears.

Revelation 19:7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.